Movie [SPOILERS] Godzilla vs Kong is one of the best fights I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Walter vi Britannia, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just watched it and halfway through the movie when godzilla drilled a hole through the center of the earth with his plasma breath and roared at Kong and then Kong roared back? My god I knew were were in for the fight of our lifetime. Where did Kong learn martial arts from!? How he jumped from the side of a building and superman punched godzilla! Whoever choreographed this fight deserves an award.

I loved that this was a fight for dominance rather than a fight where you sympathized with Kong. Yes, although the humans did kinda drag Kong into this battle you get the feeling he wanted this fight, he's more than just someone who's unwillingly fighting just to survive and live his life and find his home...he, he wants this fight for the position of apex predator. That just made the fight even more enjoyable, whoever won and whoever died you don't feel sorry for them because you know that they didn't have any regrets going into this battle.

If you haven't watched it yet and ignored my spoiler warning, consider watching it. The movie doesn't bullshit and gets right into the battle as soon as the minimal amount plot development required to pit the two titans together is over. Doesn't waste your time and dedicates almost half the movie's runtime to just the battle which is what you're here for, and the battle doesn't disappoint one bit.

2. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    I still root for Godzilla, when he wrecked Kong was soooooo deadass awesome, and the tag team against Mecha Godzilla was wonderful. You're right about the fight, I was happy Godzilla's tail was more than decoration and actually added a new dimension to the fight, though Kong never stood a chance, he put up a hell of a fight.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  3. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kong all da wayy

4. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, I only had two problems with the movie. One was the conspiracy that the fat guy and the bitchy girl and Australian kid was chasing, it was kinda boring compared to everything else and it kinda ruined a lot of the moments when it was getting intense by suddenly panning to them instead.
    The second was how the movie clearly is taking Kong's side. In this story none of the titans are bad, they have a desire to prove themselves as the strongest, not caring for their surroundings, but they don't seek out fights and don't terrorize people and go about wrecking things. Actually both of them are kinda heroes to humans as they inadvertently ended up saving them from creatures that DO go about terrorizing people.

So it was sad to see how Kong got developed as a people's champion while Godzilla was left to remain as a force of nature. It kinda made viewers take Kong's side when the fight was supposed to be like Batman vs Superman or something where the fans will either vie for one or the other while watching the film based on who they prefer.

6. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    That whole conspiracy could have been done better, in fact they could have done a fight of different organisations that support different Titans, yet Godzilla is the bad guy, that actually irked me, I could have done without that whole conspiracy arc and the tap water name calling was just unnecessary.

7. GM_Rusaku

GM_Rusaku Neptune-sama's Devoted Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the fact that they retained this scene from the original movie lol
    54g7gz.gif

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't seen it, but i remember playing a game on the nes or sega where you fight each other in a town map, Godzilla and Mothra being among the options to play as. Nostalgic.

Kiss likes this.
  9. suncust

suncust I love all fluffy things! ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I love Godzilla!!! The one true king!!! No Kong! Booooo!!!

Can't wait to watch it this coming weds!! So excited hahaha

10. Erroneous

Erroneous Gentleman Bastard™

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the writing was bad but the fights more than made up for it. I mean, I didn't go into it expecting the plot to be Oscar worthy in the first place. The conspiracy plotline was contrived but they needed some way to tie in mecha godzilla.

Fights were badass though!

I actually liked the way that turned out. Yeah, Kong grabs the empathy vote but Godzilla is exactly that: a force of nature. King of Monsters. No need for empathy or sympathy. Just primal dominance!

11. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I wasn't aware of that. I thought that bit was funny in this movie, but it looks way more funny in that 1962 bit.

Yea, the writing wasn't good but I was actually kinda invested in the plot of the little girl being able to communicate with Kong and having a connection to him. And it also led to an unexpected character development moment for Kong later on. While it's not Oscar worthy I wasn't actually bored during the human moments so props for that (except for of course moments involving Apex and the conspiracy, but those moments were few and far in between so it didn't feel like it was dragging out or anything).

Erroneous likes this.
  12. Erroneous

Erroneous Gentleman Bastard™

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I sounded a bit harsher than I meant to, I didn't mind the writing that much. The connection between Kong and the last indigenous girl was good and their relationship interesting.

13. GREED444

GREED444 [STEP RED SIBLING] [ᏂᏁ][⚓️]

Reading List:
    Link
    the movie was just fans expect to watch the part where humans are trying to find slightly bored me and showing kong as hero
    godzilla fighted for 2 films with crazy level strong monster but they are rooting for newbie kong who was in the skull island for his most of his life time

14. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I prefer KOTR since there's a lot more monster shown.

15. Rapier

Rapier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love Godzilla—the king of all!