Discussion SPOILERS!! Just Finished "Close as Neighbors" Manhwa

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by nonameforthisguy, Feb 11, 2021.

1. nonameforthisguy

nonameforthisguy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey all I recently just finished reading the manhwa "As Close as Neighbors" and wanted to share my thoughts to see if anyone had similar ones.

First off it is a good read and definitely has one of the best stories/plot of a pronhwa. In fact, sometimes I don't even consider it that. I really like all the characters we meet and legitimately got invested in them. But the thing is I feel frustrated with how it ends and what relationships happen at the end.

I feel like we were misled with the April story. Like first off I didn't like that the MC didn't even get a chance to sleep with her or act on his long-time crush. I mean the dude had a thing for her for 20 years. And up until the very last moment the author was building up to them getting together. From her helping out her son and being his father figure to her even offering to have sex with him. But in the end, it just didn't happen. Her husband storyline seems to take a 180 from looking like he was dead to then her wanting to reunite with him and ultimately leaving the story to do so. I feel like we were misled, truly. And I really wanted to see Theo finally get with her. Like maybe I'm too horny, but goddamn that was the goal that we were headed too and it just frustrates me.

The other relationship that I found weird was that June ended up with some random dude at the end because she wanted his dick. Like damn, we actually got great character development from Theo, April (even if I didn't like the end it was a good arc), and May but June stays a dick-driven character lol. Given that it's a harem manhwa I thought Theo would end up with all three sisters and even after April left the two. I like that he and May do get together as she's the female MC but man I feel a bit frustrated. If you guys got any recommendations where it has a similar storyline to April and Theo but they actually get together, let me know.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my thoughts and see if anyone feels the same. I really wanted something with April and Theo man. But nevertheless, it was a great read, and anyone into the adult manhwa genre should check it out.

2. yer

yer New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I obsessed with this manhwa. I just finished it and tbh it brings back memories. Back in my younger horny day, when I didn't know what manga/ manhwa were lol I stumbled upon this when it first started publishing. I believe I read up to the part where Theo catches may and I forgot about it ever since. Until a few days ago I saw it recommended to me through an instagram sponsor lol. To find this really brought back memories but I'm glad I got to read the full story.

I got so many overwhelming emotions I can't think straight so bear with me, this might turn into a mess lol.

Tbh I like the way Theo and April's relationship turned out. I thought she was a single mother and the story about her and her husband was kinda random. To me, it seemed like the husband only wanted her for sex. Anyway, It's mentioned in the beginning he has a crush and always had. I never expected him to get with her at all. She's like 8-10 years older and from the first two chapters I already got the feeling May and Theo were gonna be a thing. I'm kinda upset how they dragged it out though and how fast they ended it. Like this dude had 20 yrs and didn't make a move. Yea at some points I thought he was gonna hit it off with April and wanted him to but part of me didn't want that. I know they talked things over and some time went by but it's like they talked about their feelings, understood each other, and boom. April was gone. Just like that. At this point, I feel empty. I felt like the characters/story were stuck in place. Like they just got rid of April like that. but I wasn't rooting for her either. I felt almost like they should've never had in the story or at least as a love interest. Like they should've had Theo scramble about his feelings and get closure from April towards the ending. You know like which girl to choose. Then start dating May. Idk

As for June's relationship, I kinda hate how she caught feelings for Theo. I know she was doing to tease may but I feel like she took too far. She ended u hurting herself in the process. I did feel bad though don't get me wrong. Her ending also doesn't sit right with me. Seeing her with a 50 yr old dude makes her look slutty. I mean she kinda is but it seems like she's only with him for sex which she probably is lol.

I just can't put my feeling into words man, like I know what I want to say but don't know how to. This manhwa is soo good. 10/10. I'm sad it came to an end but I'm happy it did too. No one likes a story being dragged out. I honestly hope they could make an anime out of this, just a 1 season thing.