LCD SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alk, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought of the same. I assume it'll be a plot-point that'll make him look for a way to become Immortal or something. (or maybe disable skills, who knows at that point).

kyoshijiro likes this.
  2. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they already mentioned you can disable or replace skills so maybe

3. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can destroy your skills if you want. Although no sane person would ever do that

kyoshijiro likes this.
  4. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...You're right, and he did so to boot lately. But that option seemed so outlandish to do it to a skill his his, that it didn't even cross my mind. But you're right! Everything he does is to be the top hunter, so I guess if he clears 100th floor he won't need his skill after that? If so then he just has to find away to replace it, or destroy it if it's possible (or if he has unlimited skill slots, so replacing not rlly possible).

5. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    So why didn’t he dump the moronic goblin speech skill and keep the flame immunity?!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

tekinwillie and SassyCanoeWizard like this.
  6. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    it had a pretty gnarly malus associated as well as the bonus along with flame immunity he would take +200% damage from cold and water based attacks or something like that. it was useful in a very specific case.

userunfriendly likes this.
  7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. The translation is pretty awful.:facepalm:

8. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, he could have just kept it until something cold or water based killed him, and then took a skill from whatever it was that killed him to replace it. Maybe he'll encounter something with fire damage and regret it.

tekinwillie and userunfriendly like this.
  9. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that does happen, he can just get himself killed and then replace the regression skill.

10. SassyCanoeWizard

SassyCanoeWizard Allure of the unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems he cannot unequip skills however he will be able to replace skills when amount of skills he possess will be higher than limit of skills he can equip at the same moment.
    I don’t remember destroying skills being an option. I looked for citation but it doesn’t seem to be mentioned

kyoshijiro and userunfriendly like this.
  11. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's maybe not exactly a spoiler since it's never relevant but yeah, you can destroy your skills if you want to.

12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't this novel glamorize suicide?

13. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    so at first I was worried about that, but I think it adequately shows the harm to self that even surviving it would create. similarly, when someone later comes along with a skill that shows the number of people this person has murdered, all of his suicides count towards that and serious trouble occurs for him due to that.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean has a suicide issue, so that has made me put off this novel for a while then the drama happened.
    I have given up on Chinese novels bar Reverend Insanity.
    There is just no tension. The big problem that will take the protagonist a long to resolve gets resolved next paragraph due to luck
    It is so frustrating

15. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    I would treat this story like a groundhog day story, if you don't like that concept it won't work. the only difference is that to reset the day he must die. due to that, he comes up with some rather ignorant but effective methods of dealing with problems. I am reserving my opinion about how blase towards life the author is until I get more examples of people just being killed willy nilly just to stack up corpses. like the last chapter had the casual murder of 3 unnamed characters and I am waiting until the end of the day to see if MC resets the day so he can save them. if he doesn't AND the person that murdered them doesn't have some justice by the end of that day then I am probably going to just assume this is another one of those edgy for the sake of edginess korean stories.

kyoshijiro and Wujigege like this.
  16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Um...the reverse, actually. He kills himself 4000 times to avoid being killed by the Flame Emperor.:confused:

17. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He does it for revenge on Flame Emperor, not to avoid being killed by him. If he only wanted to not be killed by him, he just had to not go into that alleyway and see the murder.

kyoshijiro and userunfriendly like this.
  18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Realistically, the Flame Emperor was a raving nut job. Sooner or later, as long as he was still alive, he was a threat. They’re locked up in the Tower, and if the MC manages to get stronger..the Flame Emperor was a time bomb.:rolleyes:

Korleone likes this.
  19. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed and he knows that at least 20 other people would be murdered that day including the saintess he admires. never mind the trauma caused by being burnt alive and the desire for revenge was quite a bit as well, so from my take, he's thinking about vengeance as not just vengeance, but justice for the others this guy had killed and also a need to act out before that trauma can be inflicted on him again. it's telling that his aura's shape was like a flame, the mentor figure pretty much called it that most people's auras form the shape of a deep trauma.

userunfriendly and Korleone like this.
  20. darkza1569

darkza1569 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the MC don't kill himself until he was a child so that there'll be no enemies with regression skill that comes to kill MC like MC.(There's a risk of butterfly effects but still more safer than some random dudes appeared and kill him when he doesn't knows anything.) And what would happens if MC is in coma for like 1 or 2 days and woke up(or can't even woke up) getting killed? like a natural deficiency of bodily function, lack of oxygen in brain, or other cases of deaths that I can't think of. Is he gonna get in loop forever, or It'll create another timeline that the MC is dead and the other are still living fine? (Well, creating another timeline is unlikely because if that's really happened, then the Flame Emperor would creating numerous timelines, and MC wouldn't idolize him.)