LCD SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alk, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. If he ever tells the press when he first awakened a skill, I hope he lists a date a few months (at least) after he killed that guy. It's likely someone's still going to get that skill he copied at some point, because from how the Flame Emperor was complaining it's likely he got his skill the same way our MC did. So, why take chances? He seems to have rather low-key tendencies while he's weak.

Though, from the first chapter you know he's going to let everyone know about himself at some point.

userunfriendly and viprei like this.
  2. hirza

hirza Mochi Mochi Neko Pan

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, that's true, you can't ask someone to kill yourself, but maybe on the next chapter he going to died alot of time killed by monster. I hope his mind not broken tho

3. hirza

hirza Mochi Mochi Neko Pan

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that he should become psycho after kill himself 4000 times, if not, then it's must be plot armour. The tower sound like a God/system that give person a power after reach some achievement. Probably, he got new skill like iron body or immune to sharp weapon skill. Well, what can I do, I can only enjoy the show for now, hope that story still interesting till end

userunfriendly likes this.
  4. Alvastar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking that the Sword Saint went missing because of the Flame Emperor. He did say that he'd kill all who got in his way.

After thinking about the past discussion with @userunfriendly about our MC going back in time and possibly getting killed off if the Flame Emperor happened to have already awakened his skill, I'm thinking the Tower actually awakened our MC because of the Flame Emperor. So, him awakening because of our MC killing him now is highly unlikely.

The logic lines up for me that the Tower is losing all these competitors to the Flame Emperor's plots. Or maybe it's just tired of him dying and having to keep redistributing rewards and skills when he's going after those bosses solo. Whatever the reason, our MC got his skill "after" the Flame Emperor had gotten killed by the Saintess and came back to get revenge.

The Tower happened to have found the one envious "fan" of the Flame Emperor who had heavily researched his history and suddenly becomes resentful and develops hatred towards him on the night he meets and dies by his hand? He just happens to meet the one hunter that had the skill he needed to make his work (though that could be the author's plot armor)? This is suspicious to me. I'm thinking there's a deeper game afoot. I'm curious to see just how history changes now. It might reveal the motive.

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    When I saw the cover I was sure it was Bl lol

6. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    One potential plot twist can be that once the MC steals a skill, the victim of the theft LOSES THAT SKILL. Imagine the angst when he realizes that he killed himself thousands of time for NOTHING!!:(

7. Davine

Davine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mention thousands of times, the moment he killed himself yet he didn't realize that his resurrection skill is gone then he died for real lol!

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    My point is that the Flame Emperor without that skill is vulnerable. If the MC stole the skill, something we don’t know for sure yet due to possible translation errors, and the FE no longer has the skill, the MC can grind and become stronger, strong enough to kill the FE.:blobhero:

9. pookiepie

pookiepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha! I see bunch of people crying why didn't MC die to people to steal their skills. Well that's stupid, maybe that's why. Imagine saint for example, she probably has couple OP skills and she probably got a LOT of trash skills. If you just go suicide on her you will most likely get trash and then you cant do it again since its once per person. What he should do is find out when people awakened broken skills same as he did for Flame Emperor the go to that moment (by suiciding) and get their specific OP skill.

The MC doesn't look like he uses brains a lot though, so I expect him dying to randoms, getting their skills, then beating them with it or something. I really hope i am wrong. At least he is not invincible. If he falls into a coma for couple of days he can never return past that point or if he gets crippled or be dying in combination with that he could become stuck forever in never ending loop. If I were him I would be super careful and look for CC immunity to not get trapped for 1+ days or installed a auto death trigger like a bomb or something on myself that would kill me if i dont respond for 10 hours or something, or I would poison myself and had to take antidote every 10 hours.

10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    wao killing himself for around 5k times, what a strong will power

11. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    more like he has a few screws loose o_O
    I mean wtf, this dude is mad. His envy is SO GREAT he got a skill, then it got flipped to pure hatred, so much he frigging killed himself 4k times wtf
    .....me likey!

Hopefully author dosen't make him change or smthing, at least not a 180°. You can't expect the personification of envy and a dude who killed himself 4k times to be normal inside O_O

userunfriendly likes this.
  12. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe we'll see our MC turn into a copy of the Flame Emperor. Arrogant, and someone who many people who knows him will want to kill
    Is the Flame Emperor not going to die from this? It's him on the cover, is it not? (I don't mind if someone puts the answer in a spoiler tag)
    I'm looking forward to see if the author is going to introduce many time-travel shenanigans and paradoxes (more than there already has been) in the story, or if it's simply going to be MC who now has a 24-hour reset button and skill-steal and then it goes from there

hirza likes this.
  13. SlimIcee

SlimIcee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't spoil, but that person on the cover is not the Flame Emperor.

0000000 likes this.
  14. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    空白 ... 商聯

Are these japanese or chinese characters? As far as I know, korean chars have more curve on them than kanji or mandarin. Am i reading jap novel with korean names? Its been bugging me the whole time.

15. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty interesting but I still don't understand why he couldn't have provoked other hunters to kill him so he can gain more skills than stabbing himself to dead 4090 times....

Chinese characters. Historical Korean used Chinese script (the current korean alphabet was invented in 1446)

Well by that reckoning, he can probably tell the degree of rarity of skills (how he got flame emperor's skills). Otherwise randomness is everywhere so he might as well get skills than not get them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2019
    Fuyuneko, 0000000, Alvastar and 2 others like this.
  16. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I kinda had doubts when the chapter has illustration on them like its a jp light novel. Its very rare for a kr novel to have illu on them. The ones i only remember is dungeon defense.

17. Alvastar

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking that his focus and Will counts more for grabbing up a copy of the skill light dots at his death than chance. I'm sure it'll be a few misses and trash skills before he realizes it, but he had zoned in right on that gold light and kept following it the first time. He was obsessed with getting it, and did. The tags on NovelUpdates does list him as a lucky guy, after all.

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Like written Cherokee, written Korean is wholly the product of a single person.

Sejong the Great. It’s considered a marvel of a writing system, combining the brevity of character based languages (mandarin) with the advantages of small sized character table, (English) making modern adaptation to keyboards simple and efficient.

However, like a lot of Asian cultures, proficiency in Chinese is the sign of an educated person, like how people learned Latin in the Middle Ages and renaissance.:p

19. IronDoge

IronDoge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapters are down. Is he just fiddling with the website, did I miss something and am hyperventilating about getting cancelled twelve minutes in over nothing?

20. Alvastar

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems there's a dispute over which group owns the chapters. The reasoning is kind of sketchy, but here's the link for the arguments. Oh, and here's the translator's response on NU.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    IronDoge likes this.