TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Appreciation

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Anra7777, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know how many of you are watching Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, but can I just say, the way they are writing women in this show is just fantastic. I’m, like, in serious danger of losing my Fujoshi cred. There hasn’t been an episode where I haven’t been blown away by how likable at least one of the woman characters are.

And Spock… I am a Spirk fan girl (Spock/Kirk). I have written Spirk fanfiction. But these writers, man. Every episode they’re making me support T’Pring’s relationship, Nurse Chapel’s crush, and Uhura’s friendship with him more and more. I’m not even mad about it.

Every time I start up a new episode, I’m finding myself pausing it before five minutes are even up and having to find Mr. Hamster to gush about it. (As spoiler free as possible, as he’s not watching it yet, but plans to.)

I’m currently paused at 4:19 on this week’s episode and just had to run here to gush to someone after ranting positively at both Mr. Hamster and @LilyoftheValley about it. (Maybe something in the rest of the episode will negate this appreciation, but I stand by what I say for the episodes we’ve had so far.)

2. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't know there was another ST show I won't be watching. ST ain't about relationships.
    Sad that ST and SW went down the drain.

3. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    It really isn’t about romantic relationships. I was just highlighting one minor aspect of the show that was done well. The show as a whole has a very classic Trek feel to it. But if you want to miss it, that’s up to you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair enough, however I'll see if the Drinker has to say anything about it. It seems that he won't even watch to review it like he said for Picard season 2. It's not that I parrot him, but the guy is always right and I don't wanna waste my time and get annoyed.

5. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    which year? i tried watching 2020 star trek and it was absolutely terrible? i got like 10m in before i called it quits, horrid special effects and only fight foght fighting battleee with squiiiidds and lazers!

6. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    It started coming out a couple months ago. And I am in love with every episode that’s come out so far, except for maybe the first, which follows the grand Star Trek tradition of being the cringiest. :blobjoy: (I’m looking at you, “Farpoint.” (But obviously not the Q parts, as Q is always great.))

Lurking likes this.
  7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i want to watch.

Anra7777 likes this.