Movie Star Wars is Fucked Up BAD

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by tahzib1451, Mar 6, 2020.

1. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    so long Darth Vader = The Lord
    all is well....

2. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    Its just expensive Disney FANFICTION. The books (expanded universe) which was created under Lucas controlled Lucasfilm are canon. I refuse to acknowledge these shit sequels as anything other then fanfiction.

Side note: Lucas is not very business smart. Despite the fact he started a successful movie studio, he had a lot of support from his first wife and other members of Lucasfilm. He got older and decided it was time to retire after the prequels were not as accepted as he hoped (still better the sequels). Disney took advantage of him. He gave them his scripts for the sequels and they ignored them and did what they wanted.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    imK, AliceShiki, TamaSaga and 3 others like this.
  3. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like the people at Disney completely didn't understand the essence of Star Wars. Star Wars IS fantasy. It's epic fantasy in space. That's pretty much what the whole Space Opera genre is. And the core of fantasy is how the nature and application of magic changes the storyworld. Which sounds to me like exactly what the original script meant to do (substituting The Force for magic, of course). If they didn't understand that, if they have no idea what genre conventions are in speculative fiction, and if they couldn't distinguish between military sci-fi (Starship Troopers), hard sci-fi (The Martian), and space opera (Star Wars), then they had no business evaluating that script. If they couldn't read the market to know that space opera / fantasy was a popular genre, they should be fired.

4. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Because star wars 1, 2 and 3 were such great movies... :blobsalt:
    I'l go with @Alvastar here 4, 5 and 6 were the best Star War stuff they made, the rest wasn't.
    Some books were nice SF read (especially the old ones with Thrawn or the Yuuzhan Vongs) but not great Star Wars content.

I would be more okay with a movie happening somewhere else in the galaxy, without any fanservice characters of the old movies, the universe of star wars is developped enough that they could do something else than just slapping new characters on the narrative structure of the first movies, throwing old characters here and here to piss of fans of the old movies... :blobunamused:

5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    While i never thought the prequels were particularly bad or good (the best parts were all the big battle scenes), they are sooooo much better than this sequel trilogy.

The only good thing to have come out since disney took over is Rogue One. That, imo, really embodied the space opera aesthetic of the original trilogy and was a nice mini-prequel to Episode IV

As to the EU, i love the Republic Commando series of novels. Havent really read any of the other tons of EU novels though.

6. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    The only star wars I like nowadays is MANDALORIAN and that's because the writers and director have already experience in writing star wars. Plus, Lucas approve Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni work. They don't need to use and butcher the existing Star Wars Characters and made their own. You don't need to understand all star war lore to enjoy the show and acknowledge it.
    [​IMG] I hope kenedy and jj abrams won't get their slimey hands on this show.
    There is also a issue of Kenobi being delayed due to concflicting issues... I like the female director since the episode she direct in mandolarian has good fight scene. Sadly I'm worried since there is news that Kennedy interferance causing the delay.

AliceShiki and starwarscards like this.
  7. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucasfilms needs a Kevin Feige

userunfriendly likes this.
  8. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever since DISNEY got Star Wars franchise the CEO bends its head to the ways of SJW & Toxic Feminisn #Metoo

Just look at what happened to MULAN they fucking removed a key character.

Sabruness likes this.
  9. InsanityRequiem

InsanityRequiem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm laughing so hard right now. Star Wars was never high quality. It was mediocre at best, awful at its worst. Prequels? Pretty freaking bad. Original three? Mediocre but still decent. Sequels? Better than the prequels, not as good as the original.

And newsflash, the never canon legacy EU had clone Palpatines everywhere. So why are you all getting angry that Disney is canonizing what was fan fiction in the past? Or are you all going to cherry pick what was never canon when George was around, pretending it was canon?

Now, was Disney smart with the movies? No, they hired JJ Abrams to lead it. That was the biggest issue, then they brought in Rian before giving it back to JJ Abrams. The movies were gonna be a shitshow ever since JJ Abrams was announced.

10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ill have to stop you right there. The prequels, as meh as they were, never nearly hit rock bottom as the sequels did, and just about EVERYONE knowledgeable in regards to writing says so. There are just too many points in the sequels where core concepts were utterly butt fucked, and there are plenty of vids demonstrating it on youtube. Not that I expect writing knowledge above that of the average house cat from randoms on NU...

imK, AliceShiki, Toralk and 3 others like this.
  11. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    For all intents and purposes the Movie canon overwrites the book canon. So no.

12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since their sequels haphazardly failed as it butchered the plot, I demand them to give us a the Old Republic adaptation in some alternate universe!

13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats so messed up about Kingdom Heart?

And why is anybody surprised? It took only one movie of the new sequels for me to know that it is crap
    Those who watched all movies must be masochists.
    They had the perfect opportunity to make Luke a fighter with modern CGI but instead they told turned him into a emo Japanese protagonist

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    AliceShiki likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yanno, I think everyone can agree that the prequels are no masterpiece, but... Calling the sequels better than the prequels? Now that way way way too much of a stretch.

Also, Expanded Universe was full of garbage. The minimum Disney could have done would be to cherry pick the good stuff and throw out the garbage... Like the whole Palpatine Clones thingy.

But well, all of the movies in the sequel were bad, so it's not like I expected anything good out of the 9th movie anyways~

TamaSaga likes this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
  16. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pulpy entertainment for me...