Star Wars is over. Its been utterly ruined. (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by anon1guy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. Star Wars is 40 years old. :coffee: Let it die already, it's had a good run. (y) I haven't even watched the Disney ones since I knew they would be crap from the first few minutes of their first film. I fell asleep and never finished it.

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing about star wars is that its "ok" at best. Now don't get me wrong at the time star wars came out it was new and thrilling. But time has passed and parts became dated. The new star wars may not be as good as the originals but they are still within the realm of "ok". We just sometimes see the things we saw and liked in the past through rose colored glasses. Star wars was an important cultural icon and it served itself well, it's just time to move on.

I will say this though, "clear good and evil" is not a good point. There is no such thing as clear good and evil. Plus Han solo shot first :whistle:

3. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the movie a week ago, it was mehh.

I'm going to point one thing at the start of the movie, in the time span between the two movies doesn't seem like a lot of time has passed and we a suppose to believe that the New Republic (Resistance) was defeated and at the point of destruction. Was there some reason to make the Resistance the underdogs? why make the First Order so powerful?

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. the guy from the factory

the guy from the factory Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

5. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    If I was there when this photo was taken, I would SO want to press the trigger...I am evil.

6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... I watched the movie now...

Honestly? It was full of holes, like, I was watching it with my brother on the cinema, and both of us couldn't stop complaining about the movie during the entirety of it... Many people already pointed out the tons of flaws, so I guess I'll point out the parts I did like, because I would be here all day if I started pointing out what I disliked.

The result of Fynn and Rose's quest to save the rebellion was amazing IMO. Seriously, it's the best part of the movie. Let's look at the whole thing carefully.

1) The Rebellion is a military organization, it's a serious and well organized military group, to the point that they even lock deserters out, they are serious about what they are doing. This is really really important, so I ought to point it out.
    2) Poe had many many moments in which he went against superior orders, lots of his actions should put him in jail IMHO, but he ended up just losing his post for some reason... Refer to point 1 to why this is weird. In any case, he went against his orders and caused lots of trouble to the group.
    3) Not only Poe, but Fynn and Rose also decided to go on their merry making trip to save the rebellion, against superior orders again (pssst, refer to point 1), for the sake of saving everyone because of the apparently bad leadership from their superior officer.
    4) After their huge trip that almost got them killed, what did they get? Not only did they fail in the goal of their suicide mission, but they also ruined the well-made and perfectly sound plan of their superior officer that carefully made sure to not say anything about it to anyone, to assure that no imperial spy that could be on the ship got to give the First Order the information about it... Remember point 1? Look at it again.

Essentially, it showed what happens when you try to be a hero and disobey your superiors in a war time. You mess up their plans and kill your entire squad... Or in this case, the entire rebellion.

I loved it, during the entire movie I kept on screaming on my head "Why is that guy not on jail! He is clearly being extremely disrespectful to his superiors and also ignoring direct orders! Throw him in jail!!!", having his actions bite him back by not killing him, but nearly wiping the rebellion instead, was a wonderful just desserts IMO. It was the only thing I really liked on this movie.

7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I somewhat agree. They didnt/dont need to make 7, 8 and 9. That's just trying to cash cow on the fame. I do like all of the independent movies like Rogue One and the upcoming ones, though, because there's more latitude to tell new stories and expand the universe.

Because they needed such a cliche to justify the plotline and more movies? I agree with you. they basically crushed the remnants of the empire and things should be fine enough but then they couldnt make more direct movies from that so they made everything go full pants-on-head and suddenly the First Order is super OP and the New Republic is already basically dead except for the Resistance.

Just all that in itself is a plot hole so big you could park two death stars in it.

8. Rokuman_24

Rokuman_24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This movie is great..
    wait did i watch it first part?
    No... hahhaha