Oneshot Starry Sky

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Mifeln, May 28, 2020.

1. Mifeln

Mifeln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a random thought about this. Sometimes the moment someone made a promise to you, you just want to keep that promise. Though that rarely happens nor does anyone keeps it. I guess I might be of the few.

Will be making the girl's story as to clear up this story instead of a confusing one.

Watching the starry skies, I always felt that everything would be peaceful. A scene where I can relax and have fun through my life as I continue watching her.

That was the best kind of life that I wanted to experience, a life that will never happen.

Sitting beside a bed as I watch the starry skies, I look at the person sleeping on the bed. Without an oxygen mask on her face, she would be seen as someone sleeping soundly and peacefully like a princess.

Something that I will be able to watch as long as I get to see her open her eyes.

Combing her silver hair as it shines from the light of the night, I watch her face hoping that she would open her eyes as if it’s morning. The moments in which she would greet me with good morning and a smiling face, a greeting that I long for.

Looking at the time, I take my jacket and starts preparing to leave while I glance at her from time to time.

Putting on my coat, I approach her and wipes the hair on her face fixing it to the sides. Just looking at her peaceful sleeping face made me feel happy but sad.

“I’ll be leaving for now. Let’s see each other again tomorrow.”

Whispering those words to her, I kiss her forehead and walks away from her.

As I open the door to go outside, I look back to her and feel my insides hurt. For a long time, I kept going on and on for her, waiting, waiting for the day where I can see that smile again.

Walking out of the room and closing the door behind. I walk towards the desk to leave her care to them.

“I’ll be leaving her in your care again.”

“Leave it to us, Sir. We will make sure nothing happens to her as always!”

Smiling at her, I walk towards the exit.

“He’s so pitiful.”

“I know right… waiting for almost 15 years… no it should be 16 now right?”

“Yeah, this is the 16 th year of that girl in here. I remember someone saying that she was admitted here when she was around 12 years old.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, the seniors pitied the guy because he was the same age as her that time and he kept waiting and waiting till today.”

“What a waste, he looks handsome as well.”

Even though I was a fair bit of a distance from them, I was able to hear their conversation as if I’m beside them.

Since as a child, I got a different level of hearing than other kids that it made me different to them. However, she was the only one who continued to stay with me even as someone labeled as a weird kid in the neighborhood.

As we became 12, she got into an accident. An accident that deeply scarred me.

An accident that was supposed to happen to me was stopped. In a price of her being the one who got involved in it.

Through months, she was able to recover from the injuries but she never woke up since that day.

She was declared brain dead but I was so sure that she was not. I don’t know why, but every night after that accident, I can hear an inaudible sound, a voice of hers.

Even though I cannot understand any of it, I believed through that even though it might have been an illusion. Staying with her for years and years, I was able to finish everything and become someone successful and fund her stay in the hospital.

I waited and waited for long time. Not giving up any hopes of her waking up, I continued to wait for her.

Even though we were kids that time, I wanted to fulfill a promise. A promise that has to be fulfilled even at the cost of my life.

As I travel to my house, I look at the dark front of the house. Even though being a successful man, I stayed in this old house as to wait for her.

Putting my coat in a chair, I sit down in front of the glass door facing the garden. Watching the garden, I relax.

Hearing an inaudible voice from somewhere, I can’t help but open my eyes.

“Just when are you planning to wake up?”

As if answering to my question, a different tone came out of the inaudible voice.

“You’ve been making me wait for a long time now.”

Smiling as I say those words, I listen to the inaudible voice. Spending the whole night as I converse without understanding the voice, I continued to talk and talk until I fell asleep.

‘Are you going to make me wait now that I’m awake?’

Waking up from my sleep, I look around the room while feeling my heart beat fast. Outside the glass door in front of me, is a starry sky. A sky so beautiful that I thought I was dreaming but through that, I hoped I was not dreaming.

As if confirming what I just heard while I was asleep, my phone starts ringing. Without hesitation, I start running outside without care of cleaning my face or taking a shower. I take my keys and drives towards the hospital as fast as I can.

As I approach the hospital, my heart beats faster and faster. Deep inside, I keep hoping that what I just heard is not a dream.

Parking in an empty spot that I saw, I leave the car and ran towards the hospital. Nurses that knows me saw me hurrying and as if trying to tell me the news, they approach me.

Ignoring them, I continue running to see the doctor leaving the room. Without caring about me being rude or not, I push him lightly and enters the room.

Seeing a girl with her silver hair sitting on the bed looking at the starry sky. I can’t help but feel something in my chest become light. Walking towards her as slowly as I can hoping that everything is not a dream.

I got near her and as if just noticing that I arrived, the girl turns around.

Looking at her light blue eyes like that of a sky, I can’t help but smile. Seeing me smile, she smiles at me as she extends her hand towards mine.

“Good morning~”

Even with a hoarse voice after not speaking after a long time, she smiles at me with the smile that I was hoping to see for a long time.

“Yeah… good morning… sorry I got late.”

Saying those words I hug the girl as gentle as I can. Seeing the starry sky outside as I hug her, I am glad that this is not a dream.

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Seafall

Seafall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is her silver hair though?? It's kinda similar to an elf-ish heroine.

4. Mifeln

Mifeln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will be explained once I write her story.

5. PomeloCloud

PomeloCloud We all need to pass the hydration test

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting patiently for your loved one throughout these years... If that is not true love then I don't know what it is. Very nicely written. And I love it because it's a happy ending :bloblove: