Forgotten Title Stars Give Power?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MoonKnight024, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I understand just depends on what you like :p

Arua likes this.
  2. Reright

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I click by accident on the NSFW as I scroll and I forgot what is and then.....ya but just the brand of humor our author has .

3. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    ;-; where are all the mature and strong minded mc like Meng Hao and Cheng Cheng

4. Reright

Reading List:
    Link
    Inside your head and on paper you just need to find then if you want mature PMG is one (you know that).I know there are plenty out there but I just cannot remember them :/

Saitama likes this.
  5. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading Long Live Summons and the mc is giving me a headache with all the lying

Reright likes this.
  6. Reright

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya he is an ass ,but that's why I love him <3 Feels good to have that kind of MC for once beats , steals ,and extorts to no end.But he is loyal ,you have to give him that.He is tricky and that's the larger part to why I enjoy the MC.

Saitama likes this.
  7. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlike your average xanxia MC, instead of going in a killing spree, Yue Yang indulges in lying sprees XD
    Sometimes I feel like he's pointlessly lying though (there are some things he doesn't need to lie about but he still does lol). Also, there's not a single person he didn't lie to in the story lol.

Saitama likes this.
  8. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Right? I can understand some of his lies but he just lies for no reason at times it gives me a headache still I do get some good laughs from fatty hai and mc being shameless in front of his "thief brother"

Arua likes this.
  9. Reright

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he can he does he views the other people that he finds unimportant as NPCs and just wants to mess with them .

10. lisianthus

lisianthus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you feel creepy coz Saddam name? then u haven't heard Noragami Aragoto OST31, its so controversial.
    me? i'm neutral :v

11. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't actually make an appearance, just his name.
    To be more exact, a soldier of MC's family has that name.
    Just like how:
    MC names his fleet MC Donalds.
    Or how he calls himself Captain Jack Sparrow, or even Harry Potter.

12. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    No. You're getting me wrong here.

Having a character called Saddam, I'm fine.

Even having a character called Hussein, I don't care either.

But when you put them together, I can't help but picture the face of the real life guy. Result: Almost impossible to imagine my own picture of the character. Awkwardness. Immersion fucked up.
    See my point?

What if you start reading a xanxia and the author decided to name his MC Barack Obama?
    Will you be able to picture him like some kind of handsome asian youth? My respects if you can.
    The following spoilers might spoil the "jokes" if you start reading Law of the Devil, so don't read if you're planning to read it. Those jokes can make you laugh "in context", so keep that in mind. The first one made me laugh a little, the second made me smile, but when I met Saddam, that was the last straw for me. You've been warned though.
    To be more precise:
    The soldier called David Beckham scored a decisive goal in a soccer game, and then MC enquires about his name. Improbable, a little absurd and unexpected, but it can be funny once in a while. We never hear about that soldier again though, so not much harm done for the flow of the story.

MC establishes his own fleet, designs a flag with McDonald's logo and names his fleet after it.
    Then, he "renames" the Captain of his flagship Jack Sparrow.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  13. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite obvious that in this novel the author used those names for the sake of humor. I personally think that names can't normally be linked to real life people and if someone really called their MC Barrack Obama or George Washington or whatever and they didn't do it in the manner of this novel(LOTD), it wouldn't really affect me. I would simply think of the character as a completely different character than the real life people. In the end it's just a name and those people aren't exactly the kind of people that I would remember as important whatsoever.

14. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, his fleet might have importance in the future, so his "Captain" will probably reappear. Though he might not be important that's right.
    Hussein's case is different. He's playing a major role in this story right now.
    But it's good for you if you're unaffected by naming jokes. I'm among the people for whom it breaks the immersion.

15. No Idea Stupid Brat

No Idea Stupid Brat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saint Seiya