Question Status of The Good for Nothing Seventh Young Lady?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Element, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Element

Element Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who wants to start translating Chinese web novels, I wanted to start with one that I'm familiar with. I noticed that the current translator hasn't been posting any releases recently and was curious about its current status. Does anyone know if the translator has dropped it, or if he/she is willing to let another person take over?

2. crimsonwolf8439

crimsonwolf8439 My generation has come and gone...

Reading List:
    Link
    If it hasn't been 3 months, don't ask. If it has, ask. After about 2 weeks, let the hosting site know you want to start. Common notes you can read in the rules section. GL!

3. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I think itd be best for you to contact the translator directly before deciding if you should translate the novel. Also its kind of an unspoken rule to wait for 3 months of inactivity before trying to take a project that was being translated.

4. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    Not asking seems excessive if the current translator can be contacted. November December and January saw two releases each, so the translation is definitely happening, at this rate(2 per month) it will take 1325 more months to translate, or just over 110 years. On a personal level, I don't consider that kind of timetable to be acceptable grounds to ostracize someone else for taking over, but your mileage will vary.

crimsonwolf8439 likes this.
  5. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also for attempting to contact the TLer directly, but on the other hand they're sitting on a 3 chapter donation queue, and depending how long that's been there, may be a perfectly good reason to consider them AWOL. If they take money for chapters and neither follow through nor offer an explanation...

6. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    A more favorable evaluation can be obtained if you look at the whole time that it's been translated(109 chapters is a lot of dedication IMO) Since translation began April of last year, the average rate is just over 10 chapters per month which is just under a 22 year timetable...
    Actually, how do any of these get finished, that's ridiculous.

7. Element

Element Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... I know about the waiting for three months part, but at the same time I don't want to just passively wait if there is a possibility of starting earlier. I checked the translators website, but couldn't really find any decent means of communicating with him/her aside from the comments section which seems a little... desolate. If there's no concrete evidence guess I'll look for a suitable one Qidian or so.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    just translate but don't publish wait till 3 months if it don't come then publish with statement you translate cuz it pass the time~ in meantime if chapter come you can contact translator via comment~
    there also choice just publish, when drama come you can contact translator~
    or you can search other thing to translate~
    your choice~

Element likes this.
  9. Element

Element Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm... That's fine with me. Thanks~

10. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List: