Discussion Steam sexual or mature content lock down!? (News only w/ links)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, May 19, 2018.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but I'm more curious on these "crusaders" parenting skills. Like how... no, I won't bother to ask even why. Correct me if I'm wrong, but parenting seems to be lacking these days in western countries. I'm not saying eastern countries aren't different but at least it's not to the point it becomes a rally with elderly people shouting like extreme feminists (not against feminist, just the extremes).
    Not really a big deal for the consumers since they can just switch parties like how Nutaku tweeted that its welcoming lost sheep.
    The problem lies with the suppliers, those who prefer to use Steam as the mediator or they choose the backlash that will cost a lot of resources for them (based on what I read on the comments).

Well, either way, this is just an event no one will remember in the end of days (except the Heavenly Scribe and the Throne). Now if you think about it, does this mean that every carnal thought and action done in both mind and body can be completely read and recorded in the Ethereal Library where the Lesser Throne is reading the cause and effect of human stupidity?:hmm: Damn that is probably depressing for... the Heavenly Scribe.:blobwoah:

Sabruness and Wujigege like this.
  2. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    This is pretty big in r/kotakuinaction along with "can we copystrike pewdiepie"

Wujigege likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Wow.

Honestly, I usually am totally out of videogame drama and all, and I never bothered to play any game with R-18 games in it. (even though I really wanted to play "Little Busters! Ecstasy", I gave up due to lack of time) However... This kind of content reaching western market was something I was pretty happy about, I even bought a game or two I had no intention of playing just to support the creators in the past. (back when I had money to spare... T.T)

Valve released no public announcement on it so far, so I won't do anything I guess... Depending on how this goes though, I might end up stopping using steam altogether due to pure annoyance towards Valve... Well, not that they would care about it, but that will just be my personal action if this drama doesn't get a proper solution.

4. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope but they offered it as a DLC option of some kind that is purchasable in a different site in some VN that has 18+ content.

EDIT: Will they also take down NEKOPARA? the fans will probably go rage (especially those who brought it in Steam)

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  5. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    some Devs offer NSFW patches on their own websites and, and as i understand it from an article i saw somewhere, Steam actually tried to get them to stop doing that.

6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    From an article i read earlier, as i understand it most if not all of the games hit so far have been indie games, VNs and etc. Some were pinged for stuff as minor as breasts. Yes, breasts. I think there was a comment from one dev team (or something. im not sure) about how they got pinged for bare breasts when games like GTA, which can be much worse, get off with no problems breaking this guidelines/rules/etc.

TL;DR:
    I think Steam's only hitting those games and developers they can afford to offend and punish. I doubt they'd hit the huge selling games from big developers because it would be unprofitable for them.

AliceShiki and Ai chan like this.
  7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically strength is justice.:blobsad: Are we actually living in a crippled cultivation era?:hmm:

8. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    yes im pretty sure thats the first thing in their terms of service which says that you do not own any of the stuff you buy on steam you are just renting a licence to use it through their client.

it is bullshit though.