LCD Stellar War Storm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 15, 2016.

1. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see old Deer promoting the latest product~ chocolate flavoured milk cartons.
    Atos? He’s just one of them typical idiots that’s always there. And the trainers aside Atos’s behaviour would make me question Achilles’ leadership abilities. Would he be able to keep Atos under control? From how Atos has been acting so far it doesn’t look like he can.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, it's been shown multiple times that Achilles is an incompetent leader. I know the author likes to complement him on his leadership abilities almost as much as he does the MC, but what's actually shown for both of them is near total incompetence. The only reason he's actually in charge of his group is that none of them can beat him 1v1, and they're all under the mistaken impression that that actually matters when choosing a commander.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How many times does Li Er have to prove that he's a snake in the grass before people will treat him like the serious threat that they should know that he is?

Also, why would the MC hold back during the space tests? It's not helpful to his training or his goals.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the MC will be given a chance to challenge Li Er for the Moon's vote the way people were allowed to challenge him on Earth. If so, I have to wonder why he won't take it. Fear seems like an extremely unlikely reason, but if it's not that, then it really doesn't make sense. It's not like they'd skip out on the third training after all. It would still be necessary for picking out the rest of the team and improving their odds of success at the tournament. If he doesn't get the chance though, then I have to wonder why not. It would be horribly unfair to allow the MC to be challenged but not allow Li Er to be.

All that aside, just how stupid is Atos? His career is basically over now. The military will never even allow him to enlist. Even if it did, he'd just be a low level grunt with no hope of promotion for the rest of his very short life.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why weren't people given the chance to challenge Li Er? Did the author just not want to deal with coming up with a reason why the MC wouldn't challenge him in spite of feeling that he was unfit to lead and not fearing him in the slightest?

Also wondering why there was no gap between the Moon and Mars when there was such a long gap between Earth and the Moon.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    People are going to vote for whoever will take them to IG. The people that have already given up would likely cast their votes randomly. Voting really isn't the right answer here. At best, it'd find the person that was the best liar, at worst it'd find the person who was the luckiest. The odds of it finding the actual best commander are basically nil.

It would be a much better idea for them to form their teams and compete with them. Of course, there'd need to be some consideration for teams that have overlapping members, but that's a relatively minor issue, even without forcing people to pick a leader and succeed or fail with them. Or do the people running this thing actually think that any of the losing leader candidates will be willing to follow the winner without causing more trouble than they're worth? If so, then I can only believe that they're quite naive.

7. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    I find this whole selection process to be stupid. You’ve got those who are trying hard to improve and through to the next round, those who are guaranteed to get through without trying much, and then those put above the rest as potential leaders. I think that was a mistake. They should have not separated them leaders from the rest. From the beginning they should have said that anyone has the chance to be the leader. Even though the higher ups know that the rest wouldn’t become the leader at least if they had said those words it would have spurned the rest to work that bit harder.

The leaders kinda had it easy so in the first part it’s like they didn’t take it seriously enough which allowed mc to sneak in. Then when they got a lil scared and decided to go all out they got screwed over by Lear. Now they’re on the last part and they’re desperate. And cos they made a joke of the whole thing we’ve got the mc as the one who could become the leader. But still they’re looking at him as if he’s just a replacement.

Its like they’re saying he’s good but not good enough to be a leader. The only reason why we’ve given him that position is because the actual leaders haven’t performed well. Which is stupid cos it’s not that they haven’t performed well. It’s that the mc has performed better than them!

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, choosing the leaders beforehand is necessary. They have to test the leaders' leadership skills, which can't really be done in normal training unless they want to waste an absolutely huge amount of time and resources that they really don't have. Though I do agree that there shouldn't have been any auto-passes and that more pressure should have been put on them from the start.

Also, I'd say that the leaders have actually been performing extremely poorly, as leaders. As normal contestants, they're doing fine, but as leaders they're practically pure fail. And it's only because they're practically pure fail that the MC winds up looking so good. He really doesn't have the experience or mentality to be the leader. His whole philosophy is pretty much, "You do you and I'll adapt." That isn't the attitude or behavior of a first class leader. That's the attitude and behavior of a first class follower. The only reason people follow him in spite of this is that he's the MC and the author says they should.

9. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole premise from the beginning has been wrong. Because so far they haven’t tested much in terms of leadership skills. It’s just been testing them on their abilities in mechas. This thing where they’re going to go against the pirates, if they did missions like that from the beginning then it would’ve been better. Like you said, competing in teams is what they should have done. They could’ve tested the people abilities and by seeing how they completed the missions they could’ve assessed the leadership capabilities of those in charge.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They actually did do that throughout the Moon phase of the training. The author just didn't spend much time on it because the MC was busy goofing off with the princess at the time.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hoahem
    say is that aristocratic really idiot or SS information really that high profile?
    hmm seem highest grade on scientist circle seem really oddball
    beside why xiao fei info seem pretty lack? or did aslan really good at making that info into secret

12. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, rotating wheels as a weapon (c335)? In which other Skeleton Wizard novel have I seen this before ... The carbon copy of this one, Battle Frenzy?

Not that I'm really complaining, this novel is like a guilty pleasure of mine.

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone please tell this cute lazy cat when this hoahem slsp face while showing other how awesome is da MC school arc finish?

14. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 355: c’mon mister writer, why at the climax did you decide to split chapters? If Runan had destroyed the twat in one explosive trashing then it would’ve been awesome. I don’t think I’ll feel much excitement reading the next chapter now~

15. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 357: why did Taros even get chosen to take part in the competition? Should’ve left that loser behind and chosen someone else~

16. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know which chapter Lear and MC had their second duel in CT?

17. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Binged all the way. 80+ till 365. About 3 day long.

A bit dragged out here and there, but I can't deny the fun I had reading it through.

Now off to wait for new chapters with you lots.

18. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm this is fun to speculate~
    Shall he go shovelling?
    Sha he bring the OG mech?
    Or will it be flying like AoT time?
    Maybe go Nidalee?
    Maybe bring in some Aslan flavours?
    Or the unexpected this early : Letting them see a true Atlantean.

Oooo the suspense~

19. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    Went and skimmed the mtl for when WZ finally goes big in this IG fight. (Atlantean style)

Vol 16, C67 or Chapter 449 (hopefully I calculated correctly)

I am tempted to just wait again (I did wait since chap 80+/Vol 5 C11, so that I can binge all the way to the actual good stuff and not just fillers.

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm you mean against Atlantean team?

juniorjawz likes this.