LCD Stellar War Storm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 15, 2016.

1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I say it remind me with SRWOG, in that game stated the simulator game actually part of secret plan from government to find pilot candidate to fight against alien. Yes top/expert gamer may be not good soldier but they have good foundation. What they need is actual training with actual mech and military / government / what ever faction in responsibility in mech battle can recruit them after consider a lot of thing. About MC ability, he has taken super soldier training simulation given to this series genre I highly doubt it it only luck he could save the princess from bullets:coffee:

2. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said he saved her with luck. I said it's easy for people(in the novel) to assume it was luck.

How would they know he underwent the super soldier programme that seems to have been designed with parallel world tech lol.

Also, it was mentioned in a chapter that playing the game does not put any physical stress on the player, unlike the physical stress in the mecha. So if the top gamers have health issues, I doubt they could be trained. Most hardcore gamers when it comes health.... aren't really good. And like I said earlier, genetic ability seems to have some sort of importance which isn't covered by the game.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah I miss that point :giggle:
    :) that's why I stated any top gamer can be recruited by any faction concerned with mech after a lot of thing considered such as background, potential ability ect that can effect in pilot mech skill, performance and ability in real battle, as for gamer health... it's not stated yet in story how the gamer condition so maybe they have bad health or maybe not but they must have strong mind because for simulation game like that in high grade battle required strong mind for strategy and perseverance. This game may not really stressful for body but will make great burden for mind. Also story take in future setting why health capability cannot "artificially" improved?:coffee:

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exams are only one part of the grades, which is why I specified his performance on the other parts and pointed out her conversations with him that prove his depth and breadth of knowledge in particular fields. The most that the test show is that he was trying to hide. Which might be a reason to not hire him directly, but would be a reason to put him where her spies could easily watch him while also rewarding her savior.

He'll still be despised because of his gene score and people will assume he's a backdoor student until proven otherwise. Regardless, he's not the sort that really cares too much what others think of him. Even if the whole campus hated him, he'd just ignore them as people who weren't worth his time.

Well, like I said, I'm pretty sure that its just a measure of potential. So far, they haven't shown anything that would actually require the high gene score, and they've even said that the gene score was just a highly reliable guideline rather than a steadfast rule, but that may have been for admittance to the college rather than admittance to the mech program. Still, if it is a compatibility thing or something that would actually stop him from piloting, that doesn't really stop her from rewarding him in some way. Stopping some low grade bullying from people he's happy to ignore doesn't really measure up to saving her life.

They haven't really said if mech pilots are gamers or not. If not, it might simply be because they don't like picking on ammeters. Though yeah, not really enough info at the moment. The judgement and reaction skills he showed in the game and during the assassination attempt would still tend to indicate that it was worth giving him a shot.

True enough, if it wasn't being recorded. Considering the society they live in though, I'd expect it to be recorded by the city's security cameras. Her bodyguards would definitely analyze those tapes to try to find out more about both him and her assailants and would notice all the bullet dodging he did, or, at the very least, the first bullet he dodged which can't be attributed to luck (unless the viewer is really determined to believe in luck).

As for martial training: it just depends on whether or not they find out who his dad was. He did actually receive training from him after all and it was apparently fairly good training since it didn't take much for him to step up to the higher quality Unity Arts due to the similarities. I'm not sure if he taught him any actual combat, but he should have been able to if he was able to teach the cultivation technique, and that would be enough for them to assume that he did.

5. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im thinking of reading this, anyone know if this is a harem?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Not so far, but its still early, so its hard to say. Its not one of its tags though.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @Parth37955 can you link this thread on the series page?

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ~:unsure: peaceful chapter

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the money wind up in his bank account? Wasn't he using his friend's game account?

I hope that he gets a lot of money from that battle. Hopefully it'll be enough for him to realize that its a much better use of his time than washing dishes or whatever. Even when it doesn't provide any battle energy.

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ( ̄▽ ̄)..................cliff

11. z3helll

z3helll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Such a good novel, shame it was picked by radiant.

12. Haigi

Haigi Skimming Binge Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a harem. He does have a partner in mind but their positions are too far apart to be together.
    On the other hand, he has a girl actively chasing him (after almost stalking him during his middle school days). He's impressing a few girls at the moment but there's two actively attracted to him at the moment so no, I don't think it will turn out to be a harem. At most a love triangle.

I think he registered a new ID under skeleton and therefore its linked to his bank account every time someone views his battle video.
    The story won't progress if he doesn't meet better opponents. Wait for it~ You'll definitely not be disappointed.

13. Bagelson

Bagelson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, no harem. The author notes in his afterword that all that remains for the MC is to build one, but that is better left to the reader's imagination because of "harmonization" (Chinese censorship).

14. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad its confirmed to not be a harem, I'm not really a harem reader

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    (≧ω≦) when action come sure it's fun to read
    The Jedi Counterattack

juniorjawz likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    On the up side, as long as the MC keeps ignoring everyone, the manager doesn't really have to worry about him switching to the pro scene ;)

I wonder how big his paycheck for all this will be though? I'm pretty sure he gets paid every time his videos are viewed and I doubt there's any fan of the game that won't have seen his battle by the end of the month.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Being recommended to replace the MC might actually damage his reputation with the teacher ;)

I wonder why they assume that just because she's beautiful, her roommates will be too. Its not like the school assigns dormitories based on the relative hotness of the potential occupants.

18. taba1212

taba1212 Unemployed

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that the mecha game was designed for the purpose of being the location for future pilots that can be trained or aspiring to be one, added the fact that experienced pilots could also make it as a training ground for their theories or what other things they want to test.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What special environment is the author talking about? Mars and the moon both have much lower gravity than Earth. Developing muscle in those environments would actually be significantly harder.

I wonder if he'll go all out of if he'll do like the last guy and aim to be just slightly better than everyone else.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the headmaster will choose to make his star teacher happy by blocking the MC's path, or choose to make his school stronger by opening it up.