LCD Stop, Friendly Fire!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh nice he was gonna make his very own Undead Hero corps now!!!

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Praise the Steves since they always give our Mc new artifacts/items

3. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, I had a feeling I knew it was gonna end like that but still
    I was kinda expecting that hero to become an ally later on or something, also I'm really curious on Seira Von Retadane, i really want to k kw more about her since she seems to plsy a bigger role than expected

4. guigs

guigs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that to the general should be close to her(father or grandpa(.
    After the people convince her that he is a enemy, the rest of the undead bacame easy

5. imaginator

imaginator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling she goes gungho on all undead. Hence the warning.

6. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the latest chap, where he kills the reclusive NEET senior, it gave me strong sociopath vibe......
    The death was so uncalled for.....
    Oof
    I wonder if he shall ever get rid of his harem.

7. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uncalled for? No. He was a risk, and you wipe out anything that is a risk if you get the chance to do so. Unless you want your friends to die ofc, then you can play the nice guy.

8. Lonelycity

Reading List:
    Link
    How’s he a risk?
    He escaped the mind control. What makes you think Ethan could have controlled him again. The MC just wanted his karma cuz the hero refused to help but so what (?)
    Why does the MC think he’s in the right or that he can put it to better use?? What if the hero would have later joined up the other heroes eventually.

The MC clearly killed a sentient ally or NPC for immediate gains.... the MC is becoming a chaotic neutral person instead of true neutral....

9. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, you didnt read the chapter... obviously.
    Ethan has grown stronger, if anything. And he already lucked out the last time.

StuffedDuck likes this.
  10. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a threat just by being there. You say he could have joined their camp later, but he could also join the enemy camp. Just because he escaped Ethan's control once he is now immune to it? What do you thing this is? Bacteria? Virus? It is magic damn it, and Ethan Cruz is now stronger, much much stronger than before and thus might be capable in controling him. Don't try to badmouth the MC as you like just because you don't like what he did, it'll come back to you later.

11. Lonelycity

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the chapter... and yes Ethan got stronger but it’s not like he’ll find the undead hero just now when he never found him in so many years...

until now, all of MC’s actions while being morally questionable were in the favor of advancing the cause of heroes over the empire(even if he does it to only get stronger)... so when he backstabbed the Steel golems or fooled the Empire’s undeads it was cuz he was doing it for the sake of the ultimate goal. We never had a case where he did something downright morally wrong, he was mostly walking the line until now.

Now , you’ll say that it’s just how his personality is and yes I know he’s a joker and he’s unpredictable. Also he did show signs of how his acting skills are developing so much that him faking stuff so much is actually dulling his sense of real emotions (if he has any). So yes, this chapter sheds a new light on the MC. Most of us guessed that this is how the MC will act and this is the real him, but we never had any conclusive proof. And why shouldn’t I badmouth him? Lol, give a good enough reason cuz my counter reason is that the MC took an extreme decision to kill the undead hero cuz there’s a chance that Ethan might take control of him...

I am pretty sure he might start killing any hero who won’t agree to his way of doing stuff. So, will you guys then say that ohh the other heroes are restricting the MC from doing the mission of getting rid of empire’s curse ??

TLDR: his present actions doesn’t make him any better than Ethan.

viprei likes this.
  12. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you still didn't understand huh... Alright, I'll simplify it so that you can understand. If you don't like what the MC did then don't fucking read the novel damnit. Also, Ethan has never been able to find him?? In the chapter it has been said wprd for word that he didn't even try to hide the dungeon entrance, and for him to survive this whole time is pure luck. Well I guess that could only mean that you're the type of person that refuse to think and just go with the flow huh... Well my advice to you is 'stop reading the novel,' since you don't like it that much why are you still reading it, everybody thinks differently no? Why are you trying to convince everybody that the novel are bad?

13. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the two of you's viewpoints are both valid. What Shin Woo just did is something most people probably wouldn't find 'morally' just. But Lonelycity, you also have to consider that this is literally war. While Shin Woo may be doing well in all of this, this is a war that has been ongoing for decades of Heroes vs the Empire. He didn't kill Man Bok for no reason, but rather to remove a liability and gain rewards (granted, it could be argued that it won't matter because Ethan will soon be dealt with, but even so the Empire may find and recruit him someday; Man Bok clearly believed it impossible the Heroes would ally with him, so why not join the Undead instead?)
    The Heroes are literally invaders trying to destroy the entire Empire, even though the Empire may seem evil and it's for fear of them invading the upper world (Goddess' fear), they haven't really done much invading or killing yet as far as we know. The Empire has infrastructure and quite a lot of high-leveled undead are just like normal people, yet he's killing them left and right since it's war.
    Though, in the end, he only really cares about himself and those closest to him (hopefully), so it will definitely be interesting to see if he ever gets to kill an innocent Hero not yet turned undead to protect his secrets/friends.
    Crazedreader, I think you're going after the man instead of the ball a little too much, which limits the possibility of discussion. Lonelycity does bring up an interesting viewpoint regarding our MC's behaviour. It's a fine line our MC walks, and he does have to be careful not to cross it too much, unless he wants to estrange all those who are actually close to him (the Goddess warned something similar when he learned Darkness Magic).

14. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    His current actions dont make him any better than the power hungry asshole who is about to kill his own team? Hm....

15. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "TLDR: his present actions doesn’t make him any better than Ethan."
    Well, that's certainly arguable, but I think the big difference is that Man Bok had given up. He was just gonna rot in his cave forever, whereas the Heroes that Ethan killed are still doing their best fighting against the Empire, but Ethan doesn't believe what they're doing is enough (granted, Ethan may just be power hungry, but I'd rather believe that he truly believes he's doing the best thing, that without him the Heroes would eventually die anyways without cleaning up the Empire, and he's the best chance to actually do the job)
    I guess you could say that Lee Shin Woo is a general who killed Man Bok since Man Bok is a deserter and he didn't want to risk leaking information and our MC also wanted his powerful bazooka (loot) and prevent it from possibly falling into enemy hands.
    Whereas Ethan is a general who believes the way to win the war is to strap bombs to all his subordinates' bodies (the still alive Heroes) without them being aware, and blowing them up behind enemy lines. Though, it could be argued that Ethan's way is even worse than this since we don't really know how much they're aware of while he's controlling them, it may be very traumatic
    Whether they're both the same is up for discussion, though I believe Shin Woo is still better

16. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    He was already a dead man in my opinion. He was a stagnant, no longer moving forward, hell not even back. It seemed like he was waiting for death, but not willing to kill himself. Though this opinion of mine is probably not the most favorable one.

17. Lonelycity

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz I don’t like the MC I shouldn’t read the novel... hello remember deathnote?? The MC was disliked for his morality but ppl still read and watched it. Please if you gonna condense everything to ‘don’t read if you don’t like’ argument then I might just have to ignore your comments... cuz they add nothing meaningful to the discussion...
    Am I doing this? You are assuming stuff
    Well what makes you think Ethan is a power hungry asshole? I mean if he were one why would another hero help him?? As @Draksil said he must have his reasons or convictions for the same... like maybe he believes only he can save the world from the undeads.... and the rest of the heroes can’t. I mean the heroes have been around for so many years yet they never gained a meaningful victory. So I believe that Ethan in making an army of elite undead heroes to destroy the 12 generals in one sweep. Whether he is justified to do so or not, or is it moral?? well to me it’s a case of end justifies the means and is immoral. But do I condemn it? Not really....

Those who say that it’s war time and wars require drastic measures, don’t forget that the generals or heroes or MCs DO take such measures have a sense of self doubt and self anguish or feel conflicted about having to kill an undead hero who just wanted to leave it all behind and run away....

I mean the MCs would be hesitant. Our guy, did it so naturally, no coolly... it was like how you swat a fly to death cuz it’s existence annoys you...
    to this argument I’ll say the heroes are for all purposes equal. There’s no hero who’s been designated as a general over the others and it definitely should not be the case......

So yeah imo both are essentially the same but I’ll say Shin Woo is a tad better. But they are ppl of the SAME MOULD.

Before Shin Woo arrived in the empire, none of the heroes made any respectaible progress or change. None of the generals were killed. The status quo was the same for a long long time. Nothing really changed. It was STAGNANT. So does your argument still hold weight ??

18. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While you boys are arguing on the MC's morality I am more worried that the author has succumbed to the angry korean mob and is forced to make it a harem again lol.

If the novel ever ends in a harem I want all of you spam F on the comments or this thread to pay respects to this author who failed his mission.

eulerman, Yabu and crazedreader like this.
  19. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not talking about the stagnation of the status quo. I was talking about his mental state. It seems to me the heroes are moving forward albeit really slowly. This guy is just wallowing in his own misery. It make me angry. Probably due to the fact I can see myself in that kind of situation. He is lamenting about his past mistakes and thinking he cannot do anything about the current situation due to the things he has experienced.

crazedreader likes this.
  20. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we know how many heroes have been summoned in the past btw?