Non-Fic Stop smoking guys.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by reagents 11, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Secondhand smoke....

But I'm talking about in my car or in open areas

2. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    It's common sense not to smoke within a gathering of people and especially around women and children. Politely ask for permission is also common courtesy isn't it ?

3. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    making a post about "the dangers of smoking" is unneeded, there are warnings all over the packs you buy and there are commercials all over the place about why it's bad. anyone of legal smoking age knows the problems associated with smoking, I myself did, in fact, smoke cigarettes up until about 6~8 years ago.

I was a social smoker so I mostly only smoked while hanging with friends or chilling at the bar. very occasionally I would smoke to catch a break at work or to destress from frustrating video games (I'm looking at you DS1).

I realized I wasn't addicted to the nicotine like my brothers and my friends (if they went a day or two without smoking would get nicotine headaches and be generally huge irritable assholes). I could go whole weeks without smoking, so I just gave it up and stopped spending money on it.
    but I don't go around to my friends trying to get them to stop ad I don't go solicit strangers with "smoking is bad mm'kay" messages because; 1. it isn't any of my business what others are doing to themselves with their own permission. and, 2. they know what they are getting into and are doing to themselves.

certainly, there is a possibility if someone too young to be smoking is smoking, they may not know the horrors smoking can do to you but that is HIGHLY unlikely in today's society.

this isn't the 40s-70s where they advertised smoking as "cool". people know the harm and are choosing to do it anyway, let them do as they please. maybe they want to die young, sad as that is. it's their crazy choice.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't smoke, and can't think of any smokers in my life that don't know the risks and do it anyway.

Not like they're gonna live forever anyway, I guess?

mir, Miserys_End and TamaSaga like this.
  5. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    if possible tell them about Chantex, its a pill you can take to help get you off smoking. I have had some friends try it and a few it worked on and a few it didn't. It depends on if they REALLY want to get off the smokes~

reagents 11 likes this.
  6. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Smokers gotta smoke. They’re wasting their money and most of them know the risks. Addiction is hard to beat.

7. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think when Pickle says "open area" they mean "standing next to a group of school children and their moms" if you are in an open area, not around people it's fine, or even better if your state/country has designated smoking areas, you can smoke in them just fine. if you have gone out of your way to being away from people or in private to smoke I don't see what the problem is.

if they are significantly far from people the concentration of harmful chemicals in the smoke would be so dispersed as to mean nothing.

edit: none of us are immortal, skate fast, smoke grass, eat ass. live your life the way you want. ensure the people you care about understand the problems associated with smoking and if they want help quitting, give them a hand. but don't tell people what they can and can't do.

8. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    My grandpa died from smoking long before I was born. I’m sad I never got to meet him.

My mom wasn’t able to stop smoking until I was 5, and she did it for me. Because she’d been smoking, though, she wasn’t allowed to breastfeed me, and she always worried that she’d harmed me because I’m shorter than both my parents and have ADD, which neither of them have.

Personally, when I get close to someone who smells strongly of smoke, I can’t help but retch and if I smell it long enough, I get terrible migraines. So please kindly don’t smoke near me. And I mean, I can smell the smoke from way a ways, so please do it far, far away from me.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  9. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't i just say it's a common sense ? I mean he had to ask so ? Calm your tits man i don't tell you how to live your life and i don't care about your life. Take it as a friendly advice or leave it.

Drake98 likes this.
  10. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll have you know my tits are sufficiently calm~

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    how old are you? plus being military, that aint so easily done

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I won't tell anyone about some medicine I never heard about before and I made 0 research on... I mean, if they want to seriously try to stop smoking, they'll search on their own for resources on how to do so.

Of course, if it was someone I was close to I'd try to recommend what I can, but... Well, for just casual acquaintances? I'll let them take care of their own life.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  13. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    On my thirty. One of the four poor prick is just 17 years boy. When you go see them in their terminal phase with their relatives mourning of their impending death i mean what could you say ? It was unavoidable ? It was regrettable ? The only things come up in my head is this is stupid. Parents didn't even get the chance reaping back their investment.

14. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    well, I did say if possible~
    there are other similar drugs like chantex, so if you or your loved ones are interested ask your local doctor today!

15. Das

Reading List:
    Link
    while this may sound mean, I dont mean it that way. but shit luck honestly. some people smoke 40 or 50+ years without cancer, still to early for someone to be taken for that kind of reason

mir likes this.
  16. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i myself have a carcinogenic substance addiction in the name of coffee and i wonder if my kidneys would last. Tough luck i guess.
    And lastly if you're in the US military it seems the VA don't cover lung and smoking related affliction. I don't really know if that's still how it is these days. At least that's what my friend told me before.

17. Das

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy to solve with the state the vehicles are in. Easy to get smoke inhalation related va things. As long as you're smart about it

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh really~
    people will stop smoking if they really determine about it~ just few family member died from smoking factor may not enuf for that~
    different cause mean different hmm motivation

try to visit smoking addiction care center or something for more and better info~
    imo some info on this exact thread is .... nvm go learn by yourself

19. anyudr

anyudr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -......Jim Hacker proposed the eliminaition of smoking.
    -sir Humphrey laughed out loud.“......No man in his mind could contemplate such a proposal....... the (cigarette)tax is a major source of revenue of the goverment.”
    -Jim Hacker :"And a major source of death form disease..........it says here,'smoking-related diseases cost the NHS 65 million dollars a year.'"
    -sir Humphrey :"yes, but we have been into that. It has been shown that if those extra 100,000 people had lived to a ripe old age, they would have cost us even more in pension and social security than they did in medical treatment. So, financially speaking, it's unquestionably better that they continue to die at about the present rate."
    ---------------------------------------
    -Jim Hacker :"cigarette killed 100,000 people a year and what do we get?"
    -sir Humphrey :"40 billion a year. 25,000 jobs in the tobacoo industry, a flourshing cigarette export business, helping us balanced of trade, 25,000 jobs related to tobacoo newsagents, packaging, transport..."
    ----------------------------------------
    -Jim Hacker: "Humphrey, we are talking about 100,000 deaths a year."
    -Sir Humphrey: "Yes, but cigarette taxes pay for a third of the cost of the National Health Service. We are saving many more lives than we otherwise could because of those smokers who voluntary lay down their lives for their friends. Smokers are national benefactors."
    [​IMG]

20. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what they said about lead and asbestos as well before :blobjoy: