Discussion Story plots that you would like to read

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SilentFyre, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentFyre

SilentFyre Irregular Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are so many novels and stories on the web and you may have wondered at one point why there wasn't a story like "this" or "that"? Post in this thread what kind of story plot you would like to read and why. My example:

Title: I Refuse To Accept This!

Plot:
    In a certain kingdom a crisis was impeding. The demon king had awoken and its demonic minions were starting to run rampant. Before the kingdom would lose control, they decided to use their ancient ritual, passed down through the generations to use only in emergencies, the hero summoning ritual. It could only be used once every hundred years. This ritual had been done several times before and had been recorded in the kingdom’s history. Though not all facts were clear, the hero summoned had always solved their problems and saved them. With no choice left, the king and his ministers decided to use their trump card.

The summoning would be headed by their strongest court magician and several other magicians would provide support. The head magician thus summoned the hero. They got what they wanted and successfully summoned a hero, but contrary to their expectations, the hero was a five years old boy! Speechless about the situation and wondering what to do about the child, it was decided that the head magician was to take care of the child and accompany him on their journey to defeat the demon king.

“What the f*ck?! I refuse to accept this!!!!!!” the magician shouted inwardly but could only accept the king’s decree.

Thus the head magician (turned hero companion and babysitter) went on his journey with the child to defeat the demon lord.

Reason:
    I feel this type of story would be extremely funny with how the summoner (head magician) is the MC and needs to take care of the hero (the boy) he summoned and also try to accomplish his task given by the king. I don't think I've heard of a story like this before either. If there is a story like this. Give me a link!

aoiisora and arjun pandit like this.
  2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to read a story with a fairly typical Xianxia setting where something happens to the main character who started the story at the pinnacle of power causing his power to slowly disappear until he is a normal person again. As such he needs to sort out all his affairs, either through bargaining, slaughter, or manipulation so that all the people he has offended previously can't or won't kill him when it becomes possible for them to.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the magician is shotacon, and this is a fantasy world, so that means Elf, orc, and quest.
    Something like this?http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ii-orc-no-hi-r12263

4. fluffymigs

fluffymigs Balthazzar's Husband/Owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I've already helped writing a novel. Perhaps you know it: Mushoku Tensei

5. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, sounds interesting. I don't think I've read a story like that before.
    It's in Spanish. How am I gonna read that?

6. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    Rudeus is competent hero, though.

Really? it shows english to me. Try to change the language.

7. fluffymigs

fluffymigs Balthazzar's Husband/Owner

Reading List:
    Link
    i contributed ideas like the pantyshrine

arjun pandit likes this.
  8. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, almost finished reading that one.

9. arjun pandit

arjun pandit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like a story from the antagonist's point of view. How he plots and kills and do any means necessary to achieve his goals. and his frustration when hero defeats him time and again.

Title: Thorn in the a**
    PLOT:
    He is the boss of the crime syndicate in the city. His motto is "Steal from the rich, steal from the poor".
    For this he has organised the crimes. He became the puppeteer behind the scenes of the stage called 'the city'. His position is threatened
    when some new honest commissioner came to town and starts to foil his dominion. And this starts the game of hide-n-seek. something like that..

aoiisora and SilentFyre like this.
  10. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds similar to TDG, though the MC actually dies and his soul travels to his past version. Of course, there's no such character that actually starts at the pinnacle of power, every such character that stands at the pinnacle worked hard till they reached that point. This description also reminds me of CSG, though, yet again, this is also a reincarnation story and he's transported to another world.

11. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Very good idea, from the opposite viewpoint.

12. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you could just read any novel and consider the MC as an antagonist. From what I see there were many comments where Chu Feng was seen as such already. Whether the MC in a novel in on the good side or the bad side can't be decided so easily, it depends on everyone's own perspective. "Those views change as often as the tides". There's no reason to think of the MC as the good guy no matter what they do. You could say that pretty much all xianxia MCs are murderers/serial killers or something and I don't think you would be mistaken.

13. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I happened across a horrible manga. It sounds like you would enjoy it. I don't remember the title though, I think I'm trying to purge it from my mind.

Not so much really. They all start with the knowledge of the pinnacle of power but need to develop it, what I am talking about is actually having it but no matter what the mc knows or does, his power is just going to keep dropping. It's a much harder story to make work.

14. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    In that case I might have misunderstood. To me that sounds a bit boring, but that's just me, as I'm more interested in the increase in power instead of the reverse which would probably be something like a reverse xianxia.

15. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    ... it was a manga about a guy who got a restart in our own world and decided to do everything in his power to rape his childhood crush. Yeah, it was an awful story and I can't explain even to myself why I finished reading it. It met every point in this qoute: "I'd like a story from the antagonist's point of view. How he plots and kills and do any means necessary to achieve his goals. and his frustration when hero defeats him time and again."

16. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure it would still count as a xianxia. As far as I am aware it doesn't matter that cultivation increase in a xianxia story just that it's present and the story is about those who practice it.

17. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    I just remembered. There was a manga called Lost+Brain which is from an antagonist's pow. He used hypnosis to change people's weakness. His reason was actually not bad but the means to achieve it were pretty wrong.

18. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    It could probably work if there's a gag mixed in just like this manhua.

19. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read a plot where a husband and wife settle down and create a sect.... with the wife staying relevant (Yea I'm looking at you Delia.)

SilentFyre, Parth37955 and Mousa4 like this.
  20. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A story about a guy who goes around handing out tsukkomi's, pissing people off till they explode.
    or
    A story with a guy and a girl (who is just as relevant as the guy) going around, living life, and occasionally destroying a kingdom or a boss monster or something.

aoiisora and SilentFyre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.