*Story Time* Our first meeting and the bitter taste of our separation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GDLiZy, May 23, 2019.

?

Is the dream real?

1. You’re horny.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Maybe?

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, Liz here. I am typing this on phone just to let it out so please don’t expect much from me.

Although my future self would probably forget this, my current self still wanted to write about it for it to be the reminder of her.

My father forced me to go to the library to read some books and do some homework as I am lazy and like to procrastinate. Without any choices, I obediently came to the library. My first choice is? of course, trying to do everything alone as quickly as possible to get out and play. However, when I looked around, I saw a girl reading her book alone too, and for some reasons, I decided to move closer to her and chat with her, completely went against my normal behaviors, because something about her seemed so surreal and familiar. Her manner and appearance casually screamed out that she is a high-class girl, and maybe that’s why no one tried to talk to her.

Turn out, we hit it off pretty well and chat for so long that, if not for my father forced me to go back home, I would still talk to her. She seemed to like and have interest in almost every topic I brought up, leaving me feeling refreshed and relaxed.

After that day, I took my initiative to go to library everyday to do my homework and, as you can guess, to talk to her again.

However, after some days later, my homework is finished and I have no excuse left to go and meet her, and felt quite bummed about it. Then I realized that she somehow snuck a piece of paper into my pocket, detailing her social accounts for me to chat with her again.

Although her ID was a long string of letters and numbers, which she told me that her family wanted it to be like that, I still wasted no time to fill it in and chat with her. Time passed quickly, but unexpectedly, I heard a cry outside of my shop and turned my attention to the noise, seeing a girl and two men standing behind her, waving her hand at me as she held her phone in another.

In our long conversation at the library, she told me that her name is Melody and she came from a really influential family, which did not deter me away from talking to her. Not only that, but I also managed to find out that her allowance got reduced because she befriended with me, who came from a very ordinary family. Although she tried to hide it from me, I still guessed about it and confirmed it with her.

Melody processed to sit into my right with her hands placing onto her lap as she laughed and spoke softly to our topics of discussion. Her voice sounded very pleasing to my ears, and her kindness and patience won her my heart. We talked about musics and literatures all day long.

After a long time, our pleasant period was interrupted by my father who walked in and teased me after seeing Melody and I sitting so close and intimately.

“Girl, you’re lucky. If not for the fact that you were the first woman he talked to, you wouldn’t have him now.” He smiled and walked away after teasing me.

I looked at Melody who felt a little uncomfortable. She was so cute that I couldn’t resist teasing her further.

“Maybe that is the case. Or, maybe you are just that special, my little Melody.” Seeing her shy appearance made me happy. I hugged her lightly before giving her a kiss onto the cheek.

And then, I woke up.

It was painful, dull, and emotionless bedroom that greeted me. I laid motionless for a minute, thinking about the dream I just had. It was sweet, surreal, and heartwarming.

I went on with my life absentmindedly for a long time before I decided to write this post in remembrance to my unique and once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I have never wished for love or affection before, and I have never thought that I would treasure it so much.

Although illogical, I wished that my dream would continue for a little longer, or if possible, I would like for it to be real. The cynical me still lost to the happy ending, after all.

Anyway, that’s all of this story time. Hope you have a good time and go out to library often. For me, it’s a precious experience and a good reference for how would I portrayed love in my future story.

Maybe it’s an alternate reality me, or a what-if scenario that had me as a better human being. That, I’ll never know.

Also, I’ll definitely write a one-shot based on this.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The truth is that their family works in a secret government agency and when you crossed the line, you were knocked unconcious and everyone's memories were erased.

Also, Melody was a trap.

Nom de Plume and GDLiZy like this.
  3. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone out there has a melody waiting to be found.

Nom de Plume, hayyan and GDLiZy like this.
  4. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe that’s the case. I hope so.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You know (assuming you are telling the truth) you are quite lucky that you got her name as I had a similar dream before, it was quite real, however, that girl in the white dress didn't tell me her name :blobsad:

Nom de Plume and GDLiZy like this.
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have a few replies for this and can't be bothered to choose between them. So here goes!

Reply 1:
    You think we're going to let you forget this? :blobpopcorn:

Reply 2:
    Please post this shameless advertisement for your new novel in Community Fictions, where it belongs.

Reply 3:
    Ahem.
    *puts psychologist cap on and points to MSPaint diploma*

I would have to say that this dream tells us a lot about some of your deep seated issues. For one, a lifetime of anime and manga has absolutely ruined your perception of women, and no real world girl will ever live up to your fantastical explanations. Two, your secret desire to marry into money and live a life of sloth is deeply disturbing. This will result in a deduction to your social credit score.

Nom de Plume, Chrono Vlad and GDLiZy like this.
  7. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    It was too real that I wondered if it is really my dream or something else. Well, I feel you.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  8. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Good that you put a disclaimer that's only a dream otherwise there would be an uproar.

Deleted member 155674 and GDLiZy like this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate I woke up feeling like a stranger and quite empty inside not just wondered if it was real or not, I nearly cried

You had a similar dream as well?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
    GDLiZy likes this.
  10. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    No but i thought he was getting married to his fated soulmate

11. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Which wasn't you? I assume?

12. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wdym. what are we talking about.

13. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so you are talking about @GDLiZy's dream, I thought you dreamed about your soulmate :blobsweat:

GDLiZy likes this.
  14. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO THEN WHY AM I EVEN BOTHERING TO REPLY TO THIS IF I'M JUST GONNA TALK TO MYSELF ?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  15. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

16. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite the opposite actually, I, or I thought myself, have quite a low standard for girls. And it did not involve money at all, but passion and interest instead. Pretty much if she is interested in me, and she is kind. I won’t be able to reject her and would open my arm for her. I’m a pathetic beta male.

If I can do with I enjoy and live as I please, then I don’t mind living like an ordinary person.

17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can only do what you enjoy and live as you please if you're rich, and you don't seem ambitious enough to get there on your own, so.. yeah. Gotta marry into money. You should ask @mr.heavy-reader if there are any rich girls for you. His latest obsession is matchmaking, so I'm sure he'd love to help you out.

GDLiZy likes this.
  18. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    Of courses, I have an ambition to at least has a decent income, and what I enjoyed is spending time with something I love, which is my job and writing and reading which required no money to be spent, except for the university fee.

The point is, money is not the priority but a bonus. Between a rich girl who doesn’t fit my taste and a poor girl who has the same passion as me, I would choose the latter without any hesitation.

I am at least confident enough to lead a good stable life that can support my love, if I can have any.