Misc [Story] Vote to Continue

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Nom de Plume, May 31, 2018.

1. Cian-Chan

Cian-Chan Disappearing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has to be Truck-sama system. One of the missions should be avoid all other people that are crossing the pedestrian lane and just hit one person who needs to be sent to another world.

isecai and Deleted member 32451 like this.
  2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehh having multiple chars is a great way to fill in all the requirements....ignore one out of durararara part or space part if you think it would be too hard.
    BUT
    if you ignore any one of them then you have to add a foxgirl

3. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    With special powers... the impossible becomes possible. In other news, isn’t there already a story with truck-sama as main character?

Blitz and Deleted member 32451 like this.
  4. Cian-Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Where was that story?
    Anyway, I agree that there should not be too many characters(especially many different perspectives are rejected).
    Is there a story of system workplace. Like the Systems HQ and the birth of system. I know there are stoies with source worlds for systems but there is no story where he/she is born as a system. (I'm not taking about Reborn as a System)
    Anyway, it's just a suggestion. It can be rejected.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  5. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw it so long ago I don’t remember anymore :notlikeblob:
    In consolation, this thread is almost as good https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/who-is-truck-sama.32872/

So you are suggesting the main character becomes the system for the world :D
    Can you imagine if that’s what’s happening to the Mc of “My Disciple Died Yet Again”?

Deleted member 32451 likes this.
  6. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    can we have a story that's not a parody of tropes and an actual serious one? like no trucks?

7. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay, I think I've figured out a way to make this work. I'm typing it out right now~
    So far, it's a balance of serious and cute. The few starting suggestions make it... well I don't want to spoil it!

Ddraig likes this.
  8. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    @craterman @Kenedy5
    I've finished writing "drives off skyscraper" and am now writing "breaks legs trying to save kid" instead of reincarnating as expected.

@pirateking36 The last name of the MC is "Bateman" ;)

@RayPeest they will indeed hit a pillar :rolleyes:

@replay I can work that in.

@Ddraig I'm going with a more concise perspective than that, or the story will become completely nonsensical based on the way we are voting in / randomizing most of the plot points. In a way, we will still be incorporating this idea as the same character will have perspective in...
    two parallel plotlines.

fufufu

The truck-samas* are not quite so philosophical... or are they? Their mission isn't clear and it's on purpose. I don't know their purpose yet either. Leaving that out means... you guys get to figure it out with me :D

Foxgirl is possible for sure Ddraig.

MMMMmmm... we'll see. It might not happen first chapter. (but it can still happen.)

Let's just say the psychological elements are going to be very strong in chapter one. ~_~
    For chapter 2 I'm going to put a poll for MC gender~
    Also, a love interest will need introduced!!!

Now back to work!!!! I should have this posted tonight. If we keep doing this I might need an editor... lol.
    Important Disclaimer: My grasp of English is very good, but my usage of it... is not at author level. I'm doing this for fun, and I think it's turning out well even if it has some inevitable flaws!

pirateking36, Blitz and Ddraig like this.
  9. Cian-Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    *Anticipating*
    I just want to ask when is "tonight".
    I mean, NUF timezone or your timezone

10. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    yay~
    so which did you choose ?multiple povs or space?

11. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    It's morning for me now technically XD
    I had to look for some real life structure for how many levels the building the car drives off is

(I decided to alter the scene, and base it on marina city in chicago)

same pov, two parallel timelines

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Deleted member 32451 and Ddraig like this.
  12. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    Story of Bateman
    ベイトマンの物語
    Beitoman no Monogatari
    贝特曼的故事
    Bèi tè màn de gùshì

Chapter One
    by Nom de Plume and @craterman @Kenedy5 @pirateking36 @RayPeest @replay @Ddraig @Arcturus @Cian-Chan
    Current Genres: Action, Adventure, Adult, Comedy, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Mystery, Psychology, Supernatural, Romance
    Current Tags: Cross Dressing, Introverted Protagonist, Kuudere, Soul Power, Werebeasts, Yandere

Note: Pronouns will be edited to reflect the main character's gender after a poll for chapter 2.

A car is making quick turns and speeding on it's way up a multi-level spiral carport. The driver is trying to find a chance to turn around or stop to escape into the building, only to have the trucks chasing behind catch up if they slow down at all. The driver is focused and their face is cold as they glance at the pursuing cars, then at the child in the passenger seat, before turning back to the passage in front, all without changing the expression on their face. The child seems to be used to the slack face of Phoenix Bateman and frankly confronts the situation.

"It's okay Fenghuang. Even if we die, it doesn't mean our spirits can't be reborn. Your parents named you Phoenix afterall." The child seems to almost recite the next sentence. "Instead of giving your child gold, teach him a skill; instead of teaching him a skill, give him a good name."

Bateman humphs and switches gears before softening enough to reply. "I don't think my parents thought too deeply when they named me Phoenix. The name isn't as auspicious in English as it is in Chinese." A ghost of a smile briefly flashes across their face, too quick to determine if it made their face beautiful or handsome. "Xue, you probably made me like my name the most of anyone I've met. I like the way you call me 'Fenghuang'... the way this is going, it may be the last time you get the chance though. This road comes to a dead end at the top."

Xue lets out a long sigh and makes a frustrated face at the pursuing vehicles, catching sight of the villains with a flash of their confident smiles as well as the muzzles of the guns in their hands. "Fenghuang... your name is at least more auspicious than mine. Grandmother has been wailing that I'll melt when summer comes ever sense my mother wrote the character for ‘snow’, instead of ‘learning’, for my name. She didn't know until afterwards, and Grandmother never let any of us forget about the mistake."

A car is backing out of a parking space in front of them, and both pale as Bateman lets off the gas petal. The young child's voice suddenly contorts with harsh emotion. "If we stop we will die for sure. Let's take a gamble. If we die, it will be in the place that we've chosen rather than giving those vultures the satisfaction." The two look at each other, and Bateman’s concern is almost visible on their face. The child smiles as the driver presses back on the gas and turns outwards towards the railings. "Perhaps it's fate Fenghuang. Today is a beautiful sunny summer day."

The patient... check vitals... found ID... years old... car... front end collision... might not make it... legs... bloodloss... get the fluids in the patient quickly...

Sun is shining down on a sleeping figure. It’s was impossible to tell if the person was Male or Female when Bateman was driving, but she appears decidedly feminine when her face scrunches up as something fluffy brushes across her face. The moment is lost when she bolts up suddenly and makes a soundless scream, trembling and grabbing at her legs as if to make sure they are still attached. Just as Bateman starts to relax, a cheerful voice calls out to her.

"Fenghuang!!"

It's almost like music to Bateman’s ears to hear a name she never thought would be used again. Instead of rejoicing, Bateman stiffens more in disbelief than anything else. The car accident... Bateman surmizes that no one should be able to survive driving off at that kind of height, although she is unsure if they made it anywhere near the 19th level of the building before the final suicidal dash.

"F-Fenghuang? Do you not recognize me like this? I had a lot of trouble bringing you to this world, or I'd be in front of you with my original appearance..."

At that statement, Bateman couldn't resist anymore and looked up only to freeze again in stupification. In front of her eyes is a pretty girl who can't help but twitch nervously. The girl's fox ears and tail twitch as well.

"I-I'm sorry Fenghuang. I shouldn't have woken you by brushing you with my tail. I got too excited about having one at all. I'm sorry. Are you angry at me?"

"Xu..e? But aren't you a..." boy?

"Ah.. haha... well, as I said this isn't my original appearence. I'm just borrowing this. But! It's okay, she probably would be dead if I didn't step in."

A slight crease on Bateman's face almost turns into a frown on the otherwise stiff face. "I'm not angry at you, but... is this really better than dead for her?"

Xue, or at least the female body he's possessing, pouts at Bateman with ears turned downward. "Shouldn't you be a little more happy to see me?" Xue sighs and responds a little more seriously when Phoenix doesn't react to his provokation. "There is a price for borrowing the body of Shia’mei, and I'll need you to help me pay it. Her family was killed by a werebeast, which are completely different than a beast person like Shia'mei. The werebeast had become fascinated by her mother, despite the multitude of unsurpassable differences between their races. This and that happened, and Shia’mei was left to die after her entire clan was wiped out. Now her only desire is to take back everything she is owed by the one who took everything she held dear."

"En. Okay."

"...you should make more expressions Fenghuang! You don't seem surprised at all! It's a little disappointing..."

"I'm surprised."

"Well, I can tell of course. I can say with confidence that no one else can see through that deadpan expression of yours though..."

"...Where do we need to go?"

"We'll need to fly." Xue's eyes darken momentarily with a memory before brightening again. "It's much better than a car, trust me. If we go as the crow flies in that direction, it should only take a few days!"

Xue turns back when he's done indicating the direction, but there is only empty space where Bateman stood moments ago. Wind blows past the lonely figure that has ears and tail sagging in disappointment.

The patient... recovering conciousness soon... surgery... successful... surprised... pulled through... only survivor.

--------------------------------------------
    I wonder what you all think.
    GENDER POLL
    Results: Female Dressing as Male

Edit: Shite, I just realized I misread the reincarnate one, they are supposed to become a truck, but it became a world without vehicles at all. My apologies!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  13. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    why!!!!!!!
    why the chinese name!!!

change it to something truck like. . . .

like Isuzu,
    Navistar,
    Hino. ..

but welp. . .
    i think chinese trucks kills more . . .oh well. . .

14. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    Beitoman no Monogatari
    Japanese 'title'
    Truck-samas names haven't been revealed yet, might be Japanese afterall. Part of the mystery ;)

Note: suggestions open for chapter two ;) ;) ;)
    Note 2: don't miss the gender poll at the end of the chapter / in the OP

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  15. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    i am wondering what would you have done if the random tags turned out to be netorare,netori,netorase,anal,sharing a body?

17. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    join in! vote and suggest stuff that should happen in chapter 2!

Died :cautious:
    Luckily... I'm lucky????? :X3:
    There are a lot of tags so that kind of stuff gets diluted whereas the genres were a vote, skewing the results to be... balanced actually. (y)

Ddraig likes this.
  18. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    as in more stuff in bold?
    worldbuilding and economics
    or
    the real foxgirl is a tsundere(the cute type) and sharing her zombie body currently
    or
    they find a cemetery/undead village

Nom de Plume likes this.
  19. Deleted member 32451

Deleted member 32451 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh mah gawd! It's a great first chapter ^^ except I didn't understand.. is it normal for them to borrow someone's corpse...

20. Nom de Plume

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it’s not. Also! I didn’t say foxgirl was dead. She was left to die, but likely pull through. I suppose there is a chance Xue’s ‘saving’ came too late. What say you? Make a suggestion in bold!