Discussion Strange Experience or Just A Nightmare

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ram5, Sep 22, 2019.

1. novaes

novaes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I had that once. A dozen or so false awakenings where I'd get up, work on my assessment and clean the house a bit... only to realzie I'm still asleep and 'wake up' again. Finally I truly woke up out of pure frustration and decided to do absolutely nothing all day because 'I'm not bloody doing that crap again!'. I was more miffed that my assessment progress didn't save, than anything else (it was probably pure gibberish anyway).

During my early uni days I'd stay up all night, go to class, then sleep in the daytime and the hot weather and sunlight seemed to cause sleep paralysis but sliiighttlllyy waking you up, by not enough for a full awakening. So I had a lot of sleep paralysis on the hotter days. Some of the others were... interesting, and I totally believe everyone else's experiences. Stuff gets weird.
    • SP'd and saw some tall, faceless person looking at me, saying nothing at all, nor moving until I mumble something like "make this worth my time or go away", then it goes away and I wake up
    • SP'd into lying on my tummy, unable to move with a monster on my back, I could feel its dry, scratchy skin on my shoulders and it's boiling hot breath on the back of my neck, tickling the hairs. Think to myself 'I absolutely know 100% that I'm dead if I move, but this is also ridiculous and not possible... better play it safe and just go back to sleep'
    • SP'd to see something stab my leg, unable to move until I slowly wiggly my toes and pinky enough to wake up for real and had atrocious pain in that exact spot. probably had a cramp during my nap
    • lots and lots of absolutely nothing except for my bedroom being set up wrong and I can't move
    • waking up in my old house unable to move, until I woke up for real and was in the right place
    • spookiest one: SP while I was face down in my pillow, unable to move and badly out of oxygen. Had to calm down and work through the paralysis with as deep a breath as I could manage, trying to push the stale air through the pillow, even though a part of me just said "just give up and everything will be fine, no more pain, no more suffering" and the most eerie feeling of comfort I've ever felt, if only I just let go. wiggled the shit out of my toes and fingers while jiggling my jaw since that was all I could move
    Damn right I stopped sleeping on my tummy from then on, too. And never really got SP more than a couple of times after that.