Recommendations Strong Female Protagonists With Specific Traits/Plots

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Chewie, May 1, 2018.

1. Ziavory

Ziavory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try desperation's need on scribble hub.

2. Potatoes

Potatoes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The legendary female strategist

This is what your looking for, definitely....

3. Nubzy

Nubzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should definitely try:

- The Military Female Soldier With Unwavering Stubbornness
    - Mesmerizing Ghost Doctor
    - Rebirth of the Fim Emperor’s Beloved Wife
    - The Rebirth of the Rich and Wealthy
    - The Anarchic Consort

All of them have female protagonists.

4. adorkablehiko

adorkablehiko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're fine with isekai novels, there's:

-The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent
    Protagonist doesn't seem like a damsel in distress since she's got powerful healing magic. The ML's doting on the MC, though they still haven't gotten together...
    -The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazing on the Dragon King’s Lap
    Sorta OP MC so she could somewhat deal with things on her own.

As for reincarnation ones:
    -I Don’t Want to Become a Villainess, So I Aim at Becoming a Perfect Lady Together with the Prince!
    This is adorable in my opinion, plus points for the prince being black-bellied.
    -Albert Ke no Reijou wa Botsuraku wo go Shomou desu
    This one is more about the villainness meeting her end, but doing a bad job of it and instead being friends with the heroine. It's really funny.
    -The Male Lead’s Villainess Fiancée
    Reliable and smart MC. There's sadly no antagonist as far as I know.
    -I Am Troubled That My Fiance Is A Villain
    I'm biased towards this last one cause I'm translating it, but it's actually a pretty good story about a normal mob character who somehow gets together with the supposed villain in one of the routes. The ML is also sort of calculating. All characters get character development, even the MC herself grows pretty early on from her mindset of "This is an otome game," to "This is real life omg." And for antagonists, their motives are quite reasonable, and don't even bully the MC until later on. The protagonist also is hella funny.

Edit: I just realized you said strong. Do you mean physically strong, or mentally strong?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  5. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I second Return of the Swallow! :D Characters are all shades of gray there. Some are redeemed, some go back to not being redeemed. MC is most definitely strong.

6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a Prosperous World fulfills all of the requirements. It's a gender bender story with no romance so there's no male love interest to steal all the thunder. Also, it has one of the most unique takes on immortality I've ever seen - one where the reader can appreciate the passing of years, decades, and centuries. It's a historical novel so it has a ton of prominent figures of the periods and a ton of historical flavor. One caveat is that it's a sad story, not so much in the sense of tragic deaths, but more in the sense of profound sadness that comes from knowing that every close relationship you build will eventually end with the other party dying of old age, and that staying in the same place will mean coming back to the same empty household decade after decade. Still I think that the ending is fairly happy; albeit the only ending you can really have where the protagonist is properly immortal.

I'd recommend this book to anyone and I think it'll especially suit your requirements.

I tried reading this book until a character of the omnipotent stalker type showed up. Is he the forced love interest? Or is there something more going on with this book?

7. flannan

flannan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

8. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Bahahaha thanks for the non-spoiler question! I think the author had a brain fart when introducing that character. Keep reading, he becomes much, much more fleshed out. Everyone does.

9. Flyaway

Flyaway New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phoenix Destiny
    not a reincarnation or a transformed to a another world. A very strong and smart female lead. There is romance in the story, but later in the story around in the 200s.