Recommendations Stuck in video game npc novel?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Aiamere, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a story where the main character gets transported into like a video game or a video game world but where players from the real world still show up. If anyone has read The Legendary Mechanic then that's what I'm looking for. Basically people becoming an npc like existence in a game which still has people playing it. Extra points if they become OP but not necessary as long as they are moderately strong and aren't stupid.

2. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the gate something" a cn, the world is a game.

3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Please make your reading list public,

Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story

4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Gate of Revelation

strayCat0 likes this.
  5. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

6. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestion. And I just made my account so I need to make a reading list. Idk how accurate it will be as I have been reading stuff over a few years now. Is there any specific reason why its needed?

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause we can see what you may have read and not suggest things you have already read. (though having a reading list is good to have anyways to keep track of your reading progress and highlight new releases of the things you are reading on the front page)

9. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fair. And when it comes to novels like this I've only ever read The Legendary Mechanic as I couldnt find any others similiar. Though before I post any more threads I'll definitly make my list.

10. Katherine

Katherine EvangelineSatanaAnastasiaDewiMiyabiMelatiNefertari

Reading List:
    Link
    I think The Legendary Mechanic also have Time Travel point in there, the MC Teleported to the past. while Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story is the more apt choice, because it's not send the MC back to the past, before all the Event Begins.

So if you want to find something similar to The Legendary Mechanic, it also means it must included Time Travel to, and it will minimalized the choice and you want The MC to take a role as NPC to :D

While Gate of Revelation the MC is not a human that take over the NPC body, but a real NPC, similar to comic Being the Reality in Webnovel.

The more easy choice is to search something like trapped in Virtual Reality Game, like Sword Art Online , Log Horizon and so on. searching something similar to that novel to read will be a good choice to. that maybe you already read it all or even Watch them~

But there is one out there called "Seven Senses of the Re'Union", where the MC friend and loved one Trapped inside a game, while her body is death(said the MC) and but her mind still alive in the new Game. To Bad She is not the Main Character but the Heroine :D

But if you more prefer a novel with Game Elements, Time travel and Transported to the Game World that really interesting, Full of Danger and the MC have really a Clear Goal. i think you should try read The Amber Sword, Summoning the Holy Sword and Abyss Domination. well, there are still a lot of more similar novel, you can just search it in Novel Update.

The 3 novel The Amber Sword, Summoning the Holy Sword and Abyss Domination seems like a bit similar and maybe you already read it all to.

The MC have a genius girl near him as soon as he appear in the game world, there is card / deck system, back to the past, take over NPC body that have hidden bloodline, in the future they will have stats like Boss NPC / their status Grade Up?

11. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I definitely recommend The Amber Sword and Summoning the Holy Sword as I enjoyed them the most.
    If you want a fast paced story you can check out Night Ranger too.

12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh man

tons of japanese are getting transported into their mmorpg and video games sooooooooooooo

13. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the help. And i have checked out Summoning the Holy Sword and it was pretty good but i didn't finish it as the translation wasn't complete. The other ones ill def check out

14. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do remember that Night Ranger was really good and if it was something similar to that except with the players actually showing up then it would be perfect. Ill have to read The Amber Sword as it seems like its similar to what im looking for. I might also recheck out Summoning the Holy Sword cause it was pretty good from my memory of it.

15. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah there are lol. But i havent seen many where the players still join the game world as well.

16. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a basic reading list of all the stuff i remember the name of as well as the stuff they actually have on here. It should be public now too.

17. Aiamere

Aiamere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its in no particular order

18. Katherine

Katherine EvangelineSatanaAnastasiaDewiMiyabiMelatiNefertari

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you can try reading Worlds’ Apocalypse Online ?? The MC Stuck in the game world, but the MC can back to his own world after the time is up and of course he will meet all the future players like 1 years later? and he will die if he died in the game world:blobowoevil_horns:

19. yourstrulylen

yourstrulylen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This would be me but emphasis on no harem. Harem just ruins the fun for me. If it can't be helped, then at least the harem is downplayed and is not in an 'in your face' ordeal.

20. yourstrulylen

yourstrulylen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you send a link? Tee-hee