Question Stupidest Reason to drop

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Insanityplea, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cfourify

Cfourify Undercover FBI agent

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped a tons of novel because the MC is too "lowkey".

gary0044187, Bad Storm and Cosmic_ like this.
  2. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea ive read and dropped this one a few times ill finish at some point its not super bad i just lose interest. For me the one is dislike most about having to drop was Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World. It upset me because i like the chars and the story when they aren't in the dungeon fighting seemed interesting but fuck me the fights in the dungeons are so drawn out and worse drawnout repeatedly. Ill accept it once but when you waste so much time describing the same meaningless battle type scene over and over again leave come back and do it again it becomes mind numbingly boring which again is sad as the non dungeon story parts seemed interesting.

runsing likes this.
  3. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I drop novels for 1 reason, and 1 reason only. I simply stop finding it worth reading.

I read a lot, and i have a huge backlog of unread novels waiting to be read, and novels i've caught up to that i also need to keep an eye out for updates for. I can take a lot from a novel and just keep going. Bad translation? Sure. Plot holes? Sure. No plot at all? Stretching it a bit, but still, sure. But if it starts feeling like a chore to read through chapter to chapter, i drop it without hestitation, because then i got another 5 novels on the top of my head tha i could read instead

gary0044187 and Cosmic_ like this.
  4. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped a manga because the mc love interest died 3 chapter after she was introduced.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  5. moevora

moevora [Ero Peach]

Reading List:
    Link
    Savage Divinity, drop in early chapter coz too slow.. is it worth it?

6. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at some point i dropped douluo dalu, it wasn't that it was bad or anything, in fact i think it's very good, but it was after The Mc's rabbit girlfriend sacrificed herself for the Mc and turned into a dying little rabbit. The event itself wasn't what made me drop, but rather my preferences, you see i'm a fan of slice of life, i also love slow novels, so after all that shit that's happening in the novel, i honestly needed a break, or rather, i needed to see the characters have a break from everything and just have a little fun after all the shit they've been through.

but nope, the authors just slaps their lives with a goddamn tragedy without a single moment of peace. Honestly i need a slow arc once in a while. for example, in ISSTH when Meng hao entered an alchemy sect and became an alchemist. lots of people hated this arc but I friggin loved it. It was nice and slow, gave our MC a moment of peace and he just seemed so back in his own element, studying.
    And i just sorta liked it. A nice break from all that killing and running etc.

so yeah, well, i do kinda plan on picking up DD again eventually, but not yet anyways.

Cosmic_ and runsing like this.
  7. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m going to say why I dropped a certainty series first, and I’m sure people who have read will get it.
    I couldn’t stand listening to old men endlessly complain, it annoyed the ever living shit out of me. They. Just. Wouldn’t. Shut. Their. Dumb. Traps. The MC even said that they should talk less and he’ll have more strength, which is what the old men were complaining about, BUT THEY JUST CAN’T KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT FOR 5 FREAKING SECONDS.
    It was Seven. I threw that novel into my dropped pile faster than an old person assumes that their nurse is stealing from them. I get some people love it, but I just can’t stand the seven talking heads in that poor MC’s skull.

kenar and runsing like this.
  8. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped overgeared when he married the npc. I was thinking wtf! What’s this bullshit about wanting to protect her. Why’s he looking forward to it. Get a girlfriend in real life if you’re desperate. Marrying a character in the game is weird~

9. sawsand sushi

sawsand sushi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after finding out its a carbon copy of another novel just by looking at the toc and 1st chapter. read a few chaps of idr its name but its a re master thief or smthing and it just felt...lame. like oh killed somone shitty excuses to further clearly templated plotline at an almost feverish pace. ive read templated isekai but some of this shit is just bad.... like i would say that the short stories written in 2nd grade when we try being funny is better overall. ie. re guardian , re thief, re archmage. seeing a pattern? quite obviously all they are doing is switching classes here, styles and suspension of disbelief are basically the same oooh so strong cuz lvl 99999999999 and all are just lvl 5 bandits, oh but pulls a death march and needs an auto battle option because mc is a MODERN man and cant be bothered with such blood shed, just praise be and any hard work? leave it to the system!(aka author ass pulls)

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  10. sawsand sushi

sawsand sushi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which phrase? (i dropped in the manhua after he dumps or gets dumped by some random lady like a casual mood swing where hes all smitten then idc if you die in the next chapter. not sure if the site i was reading on just deleted the chapters to make that make sense or if it really ended that fast.)

11. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Another fun reason is when the MC is obviously underpowered for where they are going yet insist on going for whatever reason...magical treasure? mad pussyhunt? harem member #4,951? because its what the strong are doing (peer pressure much?). Its just stupid that a character knowingly goes to a location they will end up fleeing from while half dead or burying themself alive in a ditch to get away from pursuit. If you know your parachute isnt gonna open, are you gonna jump outta that plane? These MCs would!

12. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    i stack Chapter for later read but i end up forgetting about it entirely...
    when i remember, i lose motivation to read it

Bad Storm, Insanityplea and Cosmic_ like this.
  13. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
    I also dropped that novel for over explanation of status and anything around 10 chapter. I also tried to read it again and again because i saw some good reviews and i like the genre itself but drop it imediately. I didn't even reached that bionet thing.

14. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question about overgeared. Is the novel decent or is a vrmmo story with no actual tension? Basically is it like the beginning of SAO or Log horizon? or is it just a fantasy game the author came up with that is essentially a twitch stream in novel form?

15. redaka0

redaka0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overgeared is actually pretty decent. The mc is really annoying at first, but he gradually grows in the novel and is somebody you cheer for. Decent character development, good humor, and pretty good fight scenes so it gets a thumbs up from me.

Bad Storm and Danthefanokaku like this.
  16. Nisem

Nisem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped Perfect World after a couple dozen chapters because many reasons. The most annoying of which was the mc being a little kid yet beating the shit out of grown ass people like there isn't anything wrong with that at all. Also the final straw was when the author brought up the same milk joke for the nth time, like I'm lost are those supposed to be funny?

17. Jumboshrimp98

Jumboshrimp98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All stories with an ‘average-looking’ MC. I like them handsome, like myself.

digitalreader and Cosmic_ like this.
  18. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious tho, what about things where awareness of the medium and breaking the fourth wall is the entire premise of the story like Deadpool and Gwenpool or parody novels that doesn't directly break or refer to it, however, do use some elements and awareness of things like cliche. Like Breakers.

19. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course.

20. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    depends 4th wall breaking is subjective deadpool is a great example comics and first movie he does it in a fun and cute way theres a limit. deadpool 2 they broke the 4th wall way way tomany times it loses meaning when done to much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.