Picked Up The Holy Maiden Proxy Strikes Down Death Flags!

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Irie, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Seijo daikō, shibō furagu o tataki orimasu! 聖女代行、死亡フラグを叩き折ります!
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1651cn/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-holy-maiden-proxy-strikes-down-death-flags/
    Description:
    “I’ve become the holy maiden’s proxy.”

“Huh? What sort of death flag is that?”

Ruthiana is a duke’s daughter. While the holy maiden has yet to be summoned from another world, she is appointed as the holy maiden’s proxy and is set to go on a quest to suppress the demons. However, her travel companions are men who, on top of each having their own quirks, lack even a sliver of intention to protect her. How can she subjugate demons with people like this? Before the holy maiden can even be summoned, she might die due to their carelessness. With only one faithful servant by her side, Ruthiana will strike down her death flags!

Why It Should Get Picked Up: I quite enjoyed reading the story, albeit through mtl, enough to make this thread. Also because I wanna read it properly translated. Tbh I find the title and description combo kinda misleading, because it gave me the impression the story was about some secretly OP protagonist face slapping a bunch of dudes who look down on the mc. No, I did not expect any reverse harem by the way, since the author themself tagged not-a-reverse-harem as a keyword.

What I did get was a pretty interesting story centering on romance, some action, political intrigue (as is expected with stories that have religion playing a major role in) and a sprinkling of angst (not much, just the usual when it involves people being summoned to another world and forcefully separated from their loved ones)
    on top of the no reverse harem, there's also no love triangles or any of that love rival drama
    None of them are jerks, don't trust the description. Ah but it's true that they do have their own quirks
    The mc is not a reincarnated individual or OP (but she is quite wise), there's no otome game, and the story isn't that long; completed at 55 chapters + 3 extra chapters. In fact, the romance is quite fluffy for some characters,
    and I find the choices that certain characters decide on by the end to be pretty logically realistic

Hmm I feel like there's alot of spoilers... but it's what made me like the story quite a bit so I couldn't help it >.>

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  2. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow looks interesting & quite fresh
    Already drooling over here :blobowoevil:

Irie likes this.
  3. Manic Josei

Manic Josei 《Josei in a Shoujo's Clothing》

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a reverse harem, not isekai, protagonist not OP... WOW! The novel is not in the category of the famous genres. This must be a nice story.

FalseNutrition and Irie like this.
  4. Nonon

Nonon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, interesting.

+1

Let's see how this one goes.

Irie likes this.
  5. Weiss32

Weiss32 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Irie likes this.
  6. FalseNutrition

FalseNutrition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! I wish I can support the author by legally buying his or her works in order for the author to write more like this!

7. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's not impossible, since author has got 2 stories published on kadokawa. here & here
    Only problem would be that it'll be in Japanese, and idk how similar they are to this since it was finished in 2016 (but got revised this year -which btw, I have no idea how different it is compared to the first draft) while the 2 books were published in 2018.

8. Ninuri

Ninuri New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Picked up.

Kind of posted with bad timing, so I'll sort out the novel page once the site's back up.
    But Ch1 is available already. Link on my profile posts if anyone wants to check it out.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    ketchupblood and Irie like this.
  9. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for picking it up! :aww::blobparty:blobmelt_thumbs