Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that nobody wants to see Jeanette's side story its just it's gonna be boring AF like home girl barly did anything through out the entire manhua. Are we just gonna read about how she earned a family SOOÒOO bad for about what? 5 chapters?

I think Spoon really likes Jeanette and didn't like the hate she was getting and decided to change things up. If not then I guys she didn't want things to be predictable. But yeah u agree with toy. Imagine making a side story for Jeanette. Probably gonna be about " family family and family "

i_am_here likes this.
  2. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last season and half of this one was basically "Jeanette's sidestory" that Spoon allowed to hijack the main story.
    We had like 40 or more Chapters that were either Jeanette's POV or focused on Jeanette somehow. That's more focus than Claude or Lucas got put together in the manhwa.
    Lucas apparently has a very interesting backstory yet his character got heavily cut out in the manhwa because Spoon was too busy girl crushing on Jeanette and trying to find ways to stretch her already dull character for "growth" and interject her whenever possible.

It's a pity because Spoon was the best artist for this project, but she should not have drifted far from the novel to "explore" other characters that were not important at expense of the main ones or the ones fans loved.
    Lily and Felix are far more important characters than "Jeanette" even in the novel yet are hardly shown when Spoon decided to do her ongoing Jeanette arc.

M30WWWW, Deind and biha like this.
  3. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This no longer suit the who made me a princess/suddenly became a princess one day title. It should be why I should have been the princess.

Creolenerd likes this.
  4. Aaaaaaaathy

Aaaaaaaathy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it funny how since the manhwa deviated so much from the novel, this forum turned into a Jennette hate / love forum. To be honest I don't like the story of WWMAP. The characters are bland. Athanasia's one of the most boring protagonist in isekai genre, she's cute as heck but so boring, she's basically a mary sue but creepily old. Jennette's unnecessary, she got no growth in the entire story yet it felt like she had more chapters dedicated to her than any. At first I thought they were building her up to be a villain character, we see dark magic coming out of her, we see her slowly doubting herself, wondering if she'll be loved if she tried harder. But in the end the only closure we got was her fighting off the evil spirit guy by making her hand bleed??? Like her entire character was just to be as annoying and bland as possible to distract us from the monstrosity that is the main character.

I can see it's from your hate side since you missed the entire point of her visits. She was ordered to by the douchebag emperor, she can't go refusing it. Plus she thought Claude was her father, she also thought she could somehow mediate between Athanasia and Claude so that they can be a family of three lol. She also didn't go showing off to Athanasia, she kept it a secret barely. Did Jennette know Claude tried to kill Athanasia? All she knew was that they had a 'little fight' because she's naive like that. The only use she had in the whole manhwa was asking Claude to see Athanasia again to get the story moving.

Gosh, Spoon's a great artist but her story telling and world building still needs work.

That's how fanfictions work... It's also fairly well written compared to the other fanfictions were Athy is a uwu girlboss marysue self insert and Jennete the dumb villainess with no real motives and development.

5. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer those over having an OC being the Mary Sue + getting everything Athanasia is supposed to have + give jennette any kind of position because the favoritism of the writer demands it instead of actually making seem natural (what in the world is this thing of Lucas actually accepting Jennette as his disciple and having the gal to say she was supposedly more powerful than him?).

i_am_here likes this.
  6. Deleted member 363456

Deleted member 363456 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s was spoon choice so get over it. It’s was shown that athy was not the only main character so why not expand on OG protagonist. Felix and lily are side characters that can be expand on in the later chapters. Seriously you’re getting mad about another character getting spotlight instead of Athy. You called a jennette a nuisance, for what because she just there in the picture shethe OG protagonist did you really think athy was get all the spotlight? All you do complain, complain, and complain nonstop because you can’t relate to another character you ought be thankful she change the manhwa because novel was bad. Also jennette ending in the novel was cheap and uncalled so I’m glad spoon changed the ending. Everytime you come on here you belittle spoon and act what she did was so bad that irks you. This passive aggressive you got towards spoon is not cute so fix your attitude.

ValReads, Creolenerd and Khloud2003 like this.
  7. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really :)
    It's the publisher's final choice hence why she couldn't carry on with the Jeanette Mary-Sue pointless interjections and boring arcs. This is why she pulled the plug on the series which should have gone on for atleast another 60-70 chapters of the (slimmed down) main story. She wanted to give readers Jeanette and readers didn't want Jeanette and were VERY vocal about it.

I like Spoon the artist - very much. I don't like the direction she took with the manhwa stripping out key moments to either benefit or replace it with something about Jeanette. I am not "passive aggressive" about it. I am very much open about it.

The book is called "Suddenly became a Princesss one day" not "Suddenly became about Jeanette one day", Spoon didn't get that.

8. Mirahhhhh

Mirahhhhh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want some spoilers of the last chps between Lucas and athy plizzzzzz

Can i have one plizzz❤️❤️

9. aria.franx

aria.franx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoon is a great illustrator for wmmap but i feel that instead of illustrating it she's just making a fanfic for her own self because of how much it changed from the novel

I don't mind if spoon wants to explore other characters and all but the story changed so much and were full of fillers some arcs from the novel isn't shown because it changed so much spoon job is to illustrate the novel not to make a whole new story

Mhm if spoon wanted to add somethings sure i don't mind as long as it doesn't affect the original story like maybe a backstory for lily and Felix readers would love that but spoon is not doing that instead she's changing the whole story not giving us arcs from the novel when i first read the novel i was confused on how much difference there is there were arcs missing from the Manhwa there were scenes that were not in the novel but are in the manhwa i don't mind if illustrator wanted to add somethings but if it is at the cost of the story upsetting the readers and going away from the original story I would rather have it stay the same as the novel

10. CocoNAHNAHNAH

CocoNAHNAHNAH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone be a sweetheart and pls explain to me whats different in the manhwa and novel version? I liked the manhwa version so i didnt read the novel but it seems that both have two different version?

11. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    The differences start on some things from the first season (tbh the majority of people didn't mind as it was some minor changes), but the full-on changes com in the second season(plus anastacius whole existence in the story, that man was supposed to be 5 feet under + was a horrible brother to claude, and I mean it), the moment Athanasia makes that visit to Claude in his room after she escapes, everything takes a big 180, literally nothing is like in the novel after that part.

NOTE: Ffor exact details, you can go to the first page of the discussion, there is a post with some spoilers/translation[just know there is A LOT of crying both from Claude and athy].
    In the novel Athanasia spent nearly a year outside of the Palace. In that time she went(teleported) to Arlanta(the school Ijekiel went to study. She also met Cabel from "Beware of the Brothers" and he got a crush on her bc of some shenanigans that happened) and learned magic by infiltrating the school using invisibility magic. She went there because she wanted to control her mana and also see if she could cure Claude from the state he was in. She interacted with Jennette like 2 times (both illustrated in the manwha): one was when she went to console Jennette or smth over the death of her aunt, and the next one was when they went out to the festival(?) in the market place, after that Athy never went back to the alpheus mansion(she didn't want to be in the same territory as Roger, as she deemed the whole estate as Red Zone she was never gonna be at alone + in the state things were at the moment). She went by making fake money and using a magic disguise.

Athys and Claudes reunion was one of the most emotional scenes in the whole novel. After that whole thing athy is back to the castle and bc Lucas isn't back yet, she spends her time with claude (the man is just going full tsundere on this) for a few months(i think), until her 15th birthday comes. Is in the very same day of her birthday that Lucas comes back, and after some crying and explaining, Lucas whacks Claude in the head with the branch he took from the World Tree and the man gets his memories back the next day (Athy and Claude cried river in this part too), after the birthday ball and all that there is a timeskip where athy is 17, and that's where the story enters its final arc (so to speak).

By this point in time both athy and jennette are not close, and thats a sentiment that comes from both parts. From athys part comes in the form of claude and lucas telling her to stop hanging out with jennette so much, but also from her own decision to do so too as she didn't feel comfortable with jennette. In the case of jennette it comes from her increasing(and tbh, understandable) jealousy of athanasia (like, she was jealous of athy, but she knew that athanasia herself never did anything bad to her, so she wanted to keep space between them to not have an outburst or smth without wanting to) and her crush on Kiel (also, an incident happened with her magic on athanasias 15th bday so the didn't go to the ball. Her magic went haywire and hurt Kiels arm badly). Aethernitas is stil a thing, but he doesn't hate Lucas, he's actually IN LOVE with him, like, very obsessed, and he managed to take control of the body of someone (so no anastacius here). He was the one to put that spell that made Claude loose his memory by trying to save athy, in this case, jennette just went and bought the ribbon, she didn't talk AT ALL with anybody other that Kiel. Aethernitas put the spell on the ribbon without anyone looking, he didn this bc he was jealous of athanasia having Lucas attention, so when Lucas left, he came to the conclusion that Lucas didn't like athy anymore, so it was better to kill her.
    This man decided then (like, after the timeskip) to use jennette to eliminate athy, so he INCREASED jennettes black magic by lying to her(he said that all her dreams where gonna come true or some crap like that). After this jennette becomes more and more jealous, (at this point in time Athanasia and Jennette have their own friend groups and only see each other occasionally on tea parties to which they get both invited(which doesn't happen a lot) or if one invites the other) because the increase of black magic makes it so it acts up more and more often, making it so that a lot of people "love her" and bc of her desperation, it all goes to her head very fast(just s you know, the black magic had already been doing its thing before that, ALSO jennette knew she had SOMETHING that made ppl bend to her will, as she used it to get things from Roger from time to time. The coward (roger) decided to backtrack in his plan and jennette wasn't happy with that).
    In the end she succumbs completely to her desperation and by the end, she reveals herself to Claude, but Claude basically tells her to fuck off and that she isn't his daughter, that she's daughter of Anastacius. This, obviously, sends jennette to enter somewhat of a panic attack and her magic goes crazy, basically making her a time bomb. Athanasia and Lucas see the commotion from afar and go to se whats happening, athanasia then tells Lucas to lock jennettes magic or smth(lucas was very willing to just kill her off but athanasia didnt let him). In the end her magic was locked inside of her and Athy gave her a room in the emerald palace (bc Claude wanted to put her in a prison cell and then kill her). Jennette was understandably very upset/enraged by everything (I honestly view everything as a mental breakdown of sorts), she gets mad at athy bc Athanasia always knew (obviously) that she was Anastacius daughter and didn't tell her. Athanasia lets her vent at her (if i recall jennette was screaming a lot of things at her).

Athanasia managed to convince Claude to not kill Jennette and make it so she's only exiled, meanwhile Lucas went on a hunt to get Aethernitas, when he got him, Lucas (by athanasias orders) makes him take all of jennettes black magic, which kills him (finally). Taking the black magic makes Jennettes eyes green, bc her having jeweled eyes was bc of the black magic(and blood) used by anastacius. After this, comes a scene with Ijekiel(and I think Roger too, but I don't remember clearly) in which he says he's going with jennette, and thus they both (three if i'm right on roger) leave the empire, never to come back(Ijekiel still sends Athanasia letters telling her of their whereabouts and how Jennette is doing).

On a side note, Athanasia at some point thru this, said that she wanted Jennette to have an oportunity to vent, because for her, Jennette and Ijekiel never stopped being characters, as in, she never saw them as real people despite all the time that had passed, and that even at that moment, with Jennette having those outbursts and stuff, she still saw her as "Jennette, the protagonist of Lovely Princess" and Ijekiel as "the male lead of Lovely Princess". This was also part of the reason she also kinda distanced herself from Jennette.
    ^ I didn't include anything of the romance bc that wasn't that important to this answer, but there are a lot of father-daughter moments, lots of scenes between Lucas and Athy, and also Athy working with the Magic Tower and some government things.

12. Liho

Liho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will lily and felix end up together ^~^????

13. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel? No.
    In the manwha? Who knows.

Rin.rinaaa and your crush like this.
  14. CocoNAHNAHNAH

CocoNAHNAHNAH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG like wht did i just read??? Manhwa is sooo much better, atleast in my view. I thought there would be only quite a few differences but WTF was this whole new world of this novel!!!
    Thank you soo much, this is like a revelation for me :blobmelt::blobmelt:

15. smita.g

smita.g Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!! I still prefer the manhwa over the original novel.

ValReads and Arekushieru like this.
  16. MonBon992201

Reading List:
    Link
    Now you know what people mean when they say "the manwha is nothing like the novel!"

17. Sybella

Sybella Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So chapter 117 is supposed to be upload but it got cancelled due to spoon's intestinal inflammation I hope she get well soon

KuroseRise and Natamcia like this.
  18. killerninja123

killerninja123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how many more chapters until we reach to the end of wmmap? I'm just wondering cause I know it's focusing on the romance and all, but I heard that it was going to end soon.

19. Hana-chan6789

Hana-chan6789 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not realy sure, but i heard that manhwa will end around chapter 130

20. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The artist is really dragging the manhwa on...

Rin.rinaaa and Creolenerd like this.