Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd consider 16 a child
    And he was thinking of killing janette in the new timeline

totorototoro likes this.
  2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are you talking to since I've barely made any comments here at all.

Thinking isn't the same as doing. "Child" literally means someone below the age of majority. The debutante ball is a coming of age ritual that marks the time when someone becomes an adult. Therefore, not a child.

Even in modern times 16 still isn't a child. That's a teenager.

3. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not you

He would have killed her if it wasnt for anthy. And that's already psychotic

And idk. Most of the world considers teens to be kids too.

4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Being disappointed = hate.
    Thanks for extending my emotions for me and interpreting them better than I do. And also thinking things for me like you're a mind reader.

And you havent given us evidence that somebody killed a child. You just made that up. @readerz even clarifed and you even reply coz you dont have receipts.

LOL at 16 being a child. Havent heard of teenagers and their raging hormones?

Well, as long as you admit dont give a shit for characters and their development, especially males...

PS. Is Gilgamesh a novel or a character?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  5. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you guys saying? Janet has a really beautiful character design. Athy is cute but there's something in her simplified design that makes her stand out in a brightly vibrant haired list of characters.

Look, we are all readers. I don't believe you guys haven't stumbled out of shoujo genre. We all have that one or two psychopaths we utterly adored.

As for me, I'm long past my childhood stories wherein only the good pure characters live happily ever after. If you are still stuck in those morally high characters, well I'm not condemning you but now I do understand why you guys are stuck with defending Janet current arc.

Actually, I like talking about Janet, I don't hate her. But I like expressing my annoyance to the character. (Horay spoiler forum for turning into a discussion forum, at least I know you guys aren't going to shout 'spoiler!')

Well for those that have limited emotional vocab and could only label a conflicting opinion as nothing but utter hate to a 14yrs old then yes, call me her hater.

As already explained by countless others, it's because of her 'bland' characterization. Let's not even talk about their settings in which girls in her age after their debutant should be politically aware as technically, they are introduced to the society which equates to saying 'she's of age to be a political tool in marriage and socializing lol'.

When does her character went wrong?

Was it when she intentionally approached Athy in the middle of her dance, in which Athy lost the beat and could be ridiculed if she has been Og!Athy without support? Nope. She pop-out like a mushroom, I doubted her education but oh well athy's ribbon is going loose.

Was it when she asked Athy in an ever so sad tone if she didn't like her, appearing like she was being rejected, sounding like an emotional manipulative kid? Nah. It's a red flag in other genre but this is a cutesy bitsy manwha. Of course, it's not creepy when a kid asked you in a wronged voice if you don't like her just because you were sitting silently.

Was it when she was used in her naivety to cause an accident to Claude and Athy? No, I definitely think she's a victim as well at this point. Although really clingy. I was going 'run!' when she met that black haired dude. Like ejikiel dude why did u left her alone?! She's so easily abducted.

Then when did her character spiral to such a bland character?

It's when she had the talk with that athanasius (fvkng spelling how!). Why the hell did the writer gave a slap in reality kind of talk to Janet if she/he wants to keep selling her as innocent and naive?! Why?! That killed her character. It showcased how she ignores it, didn't care for shts, aware of her tiny bubble but likes it anyway. That nailed her character into the coffin. I'm actually shocked that didn't wake her up! And her first thought was still herself. Actually, it's not bad. Athy is one example of a really selfish character. Look how she cutely turned everyone into her palm and how fast she runned. Then why was it not effective on Janet? Well because it turn her supposed love to her family bullsht. It's the very core of her character and it turned to a joke!

And no, don't compare her to other characters. We know the villains and are waiting for their deaths. At least them, their characters are established. We don't like them but knows it is their role in the story, to be hated.

But Janet, she was being sold as a second protag but her characterization is that of an antagonist. You know, like a pig teammate. Like come on, are two protags so alien? I don't think so.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    M30WWWW, Leilacus, Hakwifey7 and 7 others like this.
  6. BlueBubble__

BlueBubble__ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You hit the nail on the head with this beautiful analysis. I too think the point where Jenette character fell down the cliff was during her discussion with Anastacious. Before we could have excused her oblivious behaviour. Nobody ever said anything to her (and we know she isn't the brightest kid) so it wasn't exactly her fault she lived in her bubble. But their discussion was a literal "reality check" and her obliviousness from that point on was not an imposed condition or a consequence of being sheltered, but the result her own choice to ignore everything that is not her own being.

Also your last quote is exactly how I feel. What IS exactly Jenette role? She is not a villain. But also she is not a supporting character since she appeared as much as Athy. Is she the second protagonist? Maybe, but she doesn't act, nor she has the right cards to be defined as one since her action only resulted on bad luck for everyone else that is not her.

I'm really close to dropping this manwha. I accepted that we drifted from the novel, but as far as we are going this is going to be a completely different story. It seems more like a fan fiction ( made by a Jenette stan) than an actual manwha adaptation

M30WWWW, Hakwifey7, Helistir and 4 others like this.
  7. Yesheaa

Yesheaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, may u tell me where i can read the novel? English either Raw that’s fine

8. Yesheaa

Yesheaa Member

Reading List:
    Link

May u tell me the wattpad’s link?

9. Yesheaa

Yesheaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May i asked u the webnovel link?

10. Yesheaa

Yesheaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i want to read that :’

11. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Villain? No.
    Protagonist? No. We're in Who made me a Princess - Athy's story
    Supporting prota? No, since she hasn't done anything, This is Athy's story, damnit.
    Static.? Yes.
    Foil? Yes.
    Second protagonist or deuteragonist or secondary main character? Maybe. But the definition is "A deuteragonist is a second-in-command to your protagonist. " So, she doesn't fit that bill either. I'd say Lucas is a better fit.
    Supporting character. That could work. I mean, she's been supporting Alpheaus from the start.
    Superior antagonist? Possible.
    Conflict creators? I am leaning on this more.

References:
    https://learn.lexiconic.net/characters.htm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuteragonist
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SupportingProtagonist
    https://thanetwriters.com/essay/characters/the-four-types-of-antagonist/
    https://www.masterclass.com/articles/the-main-types-of-antagonists#the-4-types-of-antagonists

Sorry, your post brought my inner author....
    P.S. Author calls the shots on thins so labels can overlap like hero protag or ally-antagonist.

If this is a Jeannette fanfic, I've been duped by Spoon all along. Shame, I would have bought the goddamn novel even it was Korean.

12. BlueBubble__

BlueBubble__ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a way I really think it is. I'm not sure 100% since I don't know the dynamics protagonist/anastagonist as much as you but I have this feeling since, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to sweep under the rug half of the novel and character development just to make her the main focus.

Also the update dates are out. From now to December ( w/out breaks or if the serie does not ends earlier) Spoon will release 22 chapters. I can bet my soul that Jenette will be the Joker card of (at least) half of these. It DOES bother me that until now the one who triggered major events to happen was her, because this is either the role of a protagonist or an anastagonist. (Just look at how she was the one in the manwha who made A&C meet again. She just "took" all the glory while in the novel it was all Claude's plan). Plus in the Manwha Anastacious is her real father, so we are bound to see how their relationship will evolve. That equals to a lot of screen time. (And let's pray God for a chara development).

Many shut down so It's difficult to find the complete novel. You can read a bunch of chapters here on Novelupdates. I discourage you from using Wattpad since there are many fan fictions sold as the real novel. If you want the raws I suggest ridibooks

13. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    22 chapters. Hope it's not more janet arc though I doubt that. They already introduce the conflict (Father and daughter relationship of janet and anastacious plus claude dying which also involves janet) so it's constant screen time for Janet.

Damn it, just gonna lie here and welp.

Ps. I'll just go and pray for proper chara development from her. Just give her more IQ and backbone. Hope she does not cry and spend pages having her character crumble once the truth of her real parentage comes out. (Why do I feel that she just going to insist about being family since she's technically cousin)

14. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the heads up.
    My opinion is Spoon will flesh her out more compared to Novel!Jeannette but not much because character development takes time. Look at Athy's development. IMO, we're not yet on the conflict stage but all characters are just being set up for it. I wonder if Spoon will take that route I opined.
    IMO Jeannette didnt trigger it. Not even in the novel. Black haired guy did. Which is a nice surprise. I rather have him have more screen time.

Oh man, I feel like I have to ignore this title until that happens. I'm just gonna go back when there is blood and gore.
    Ever since the Jeanette arc happened, I think I have to brace and managed my expectations.

Cessa, Shimozuki Yue and KathyClysm like this.
  15. Shuuka4ever

Shuuka4ever Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for your reply! I’m truly really exited to see what’s coming next! The good thing is that we have our great magician Lucas as our lucky star ⭐️ ...

I wonder if the author wants to redeem him and let Jeannette and him have a happy life together.. we will have to wait a while and see..

16. Vardalyn

Vardalyn

Reading List:
    Link
    https://ridibooks.com/books/2057061842

Oh I think I need to edit that one, so apparently webnovel and printed novel are the same, no Diana’s backstory ^^

M30WWWW and Uncopyright like this.
  17. KohaneAoi

KohaneAoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow the new chapter 70 really different from novel .... things will get more hard and more drama... it seem they talked about past real athy and athy past life in Korean....it seem it will take time until we get cloud back:sweating_profusely: ... and really athy in this manhwa somehow treat lucas in bad way :blobawkward:... even after he came from a long time ... I mean the author said she won't put romance yeah I get that but at least say something like welcome back or how are u or how was ur journey or anything like that or at least smile show that u are happy that he back... not scream at his face where are you? Why are u late? Why u didn't come back fast? Fix my dad! Lol how should I say it... he is not ur servant or anything athy... at least show some care for him as childhood friend not just as tool to save u lol ... the novel was way better... well ... I hope for a good ending at least in the end after all this drama lol sweet warm moment between athy and her dad ... and plz athy treat lucas with care in the future... I hope her treatment change toward him to better rather than a tool to save her everytime...:blob_pout:

18. Srta.Heaven

Srta.Heaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WAIT A MINUTEEEEEE how is it different from the novel? HOW WAS THAT CHAPTER IN THE NOVEL? and Athy changed as well?
    and the author said she won't put romance...? well that's disappointing...

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  19. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't read the raws, I just translated something another translator translated(omg what a mouthful), also this book was deleted by wattpad so heh *cries*.

We've all been duped bc we didn't sing up for this crap

^^^^^^ I second this really hard, I found a book that supposedly is the translation of that one special where Athy goes onto the Lovely Princess timeline and... Athy acts like she didn't know that OG!Claude hated OG!Athy to pieces(it's really confusing and makes our Athy seem like a stupid person) if someone here can clarify that, you are welcome to do so.

IMO manhwa!Athy depends more on people that Novel!Athy, Novel!Athy in this arc, although she did though of Lucas she didn't think that he would be her saving grace or anything, but thought what he would do in that situation + most of the time she thought of Lucas it was just her missing his company and wanting to see him.
    We also have that in this arc, Athy only visits Jenny OCCASIONALLY, she normally spent her days on an inn with the fake money she was making, always teleporting to the cornfield when something happened, never to the Alpheus estate. The only time she thought of going to someone's house and staying there she thought of the Lily girl, she never thought of Jenny bc she knew that the Alpheus mansion was a danger zone to her.
    We also have Athys and Lucas reunion, in the novel Athy asks Lucas where he was all that time while hugging him and crying(him hugging her back) she never once said to him "go fix my dad", in the novel she thought that he wouldn't be able to "fix" Claude, or that it would take a lot of effort from his part, so it was really a surprise gift from his part when he "fixed" Claude.

20. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to add that the new chapter got from me a

not surprised.jpg