Recommendations Sufficient Velocity

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by RandomGuyTenThousands, Jul 12, 2020.

1. RandomGuyTenThousands

RandomGuyTenThousands Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a site I stumbled on while reading a novel on royal road. However it is very hard to find novels because of their confusing search system. Their isn’t really anything like a synopsis. I want to ask the best novels you’ve seen on this site. Thanks

brigs11 likes this.
  2. brigs11

brigs11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. RandomGuyTenThousands

Reading List:
    Link
    brigs11 likes this.
  4. brigs11

Reading List:
    Link
    The vast majority of novels are garbage. Filter by 4.2 stars and block yaoi, shoujo, and shounen ai (people that read those tend to GREATLY inflate their ratings). Even then it's still hit or miss. For reference those eight that I listed are the only ones I consider good out of over a thousand I've read from CN/JP/KR. Though, admittedly I have a lot of pet peeves so many that people would otherwise consider good are filtered out by me. If you can tolerate machine translation then try My Senior Brother is a Bit too Cautious. Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, not many have summaries; you'd either need to hear it from someone or check if it has a TvTropes page.
    In my experience, the best way to find recommendations would be to just ask another user. If that's not possible you'd usually find recs via making a thread, old forum rec threads, various discords, or reddit.
    For stories, browse User Fiction and Quests.
    Use the filter, specifically Sort by Views/Words/Replies in Descending order. For more specific things, Tags and Prefix helps narrow it down even if it's not always accurate.
    Screenshot (110).png

What are you looking for specifically? What do you like? Which fandoms? Originals, fanfic, quests? What genre? OCs, Crossovers, SI? Do you know about Worm?

My typical SV recs are:
    Constellations (Worm/Okami)
    Life Ore Death (Young Justice/Mistborn OC)
    Broken Adventure (Multicross, 15+)
    Tinker of Fiction (Worm SI/Sorta Crossover elements)
    It's not wrong to make Friends in the Dungeon (Danmachi / Sanctioned [Worm AU])

A Heart of Ice and Coffee (RWBY SI)
    The Other Path (RWBY SI, AHoIaC AU)
    Fate Stay Write Go (Fate/Stay SI)
    Umbrus Shade, The Incredibly Annoyed Ravenclaw (Harry Potter SI)
    Noblesse Oblige (Familiar of Zero SI)
    Is it wrong to try to avoid girls in dark dungeons? (Danmachi/Dark Souls SI)

Feel free to PM me whenever you want recs, I'll try my best.

There's also Spacebattles which is similar to SV and has more stuff since it's older. They have a history with each other but aren't affiliated/connected, just that the same types of people frequent both. There's also Questionable Questing, but it's mostly mature content and it gets pretty extreme there.

Check out here for other sites:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/other-websites-for-fiction.8195/

Edit: Also use Reader mode!

Sturgeon's Law states that "90% of everything is crap."
    Everybody has different tastes and, really, we shouldn't expect quality in these kinds of novels because they cater to escapism the most.
    Also, the OP was talking about SV and SV recs, not NU. :blobsweat:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    brigs11 likes this.
  6. brigs11

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh woops, I had no idea what SV was and just thought it was another thread with a weird title. My bad.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  7. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all good. I'd recommend you also check out www.royalroad.com, forums.spacebattles.com, forums.sufficientvelocity.com.

There a lot of good stuff on there especially since there tends to be an active community which give feedback and criticism to authors. Sure, there's bad stuff too, but you'd probably be more likely to find things suiting your taste since it's English writers. It's also a good way to get into fanfiction as you get to read mostly decent stuff without most of the crazy weirdness that fanfic is stereotyped for.

brigs11 likes this.
  8. brigs11

Reading List:
    Link
    In my desperation for good things to read I already went on RR and Scribblehub. Found a few good ones on RR but they're either dropped or update too slowly for me so now I'm back to digging through Asian novels while stocking chapters from there. I'll give Sufficient Velocity a go.

9. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend trying Spacebattles first as it's older, has a more active community, and has more content.

brigs11 likes this.
  10. ..

.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon keeper ami.
    worm/aoki hagane no arpeggio fanfic.

11. RandomGuyTenThousands

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you’re My Hero. I’ll be sure to ask for your help if I need it. For now looks like I’m gonna be busy with the novels you’ve recommended.

12. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link