Request Suggest a simple handicraft.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ptolomaea, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Angel Keychain/phonestrap
    Download a picture of an angel, preferably one with forward profile. Also, as mentioned at the end of the post, you can substitute the plywood with paper, but I shall teach you with plywood because I used plywood back then.
    [​IMG]

Materials:
    1) Drawing of an angel
    2) A piece of thin plywood, you don't need much. Something the size of a 9cm*5cm novel is plenty.
    3) Glue

Steps
    1) Separate the picture into wing and body. Draw a little bit of extra at the base of the wings.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2) Glue the separated pictures of body and wings on a piece of plywood
    3) Cut wood into the shape of
    a) two bodies, we will separate this into forward piece and rear piece.
    b) a pair of wings, the pair of wings must be separate.
    4) Use leftover plywood to make six tiny wooden buttons.
    5) Affix the six tiny buttons in this way on the forward piece:
    [​IMG]
    6) Make holes on the pair of wings, like this.
    [​IMG]

7) You remember about the buttons that labeled with black lined triangle? After you make the hole on the wings, you put this hole on the button in question so that it hangs loosely and you can move it up and down.
    8) With leftover plywood, cut into T-shape so that the top bar can fit between the two wings and right in the middle between the two top buttons. The bottom of the T must be longer than the height of the body. This T-shaped plywood can be substituted with wire and at the bottom of the T, you can tie a ribbon.
    9) Place the T-shape with the beam between the wings, and the top bar between the top buttons. Glue the six buttons to the rear body piece. If you want, you can add more plywood to make the gluing more secure, but don't add any additional fixing between the six buttons. What this means is, the rear body piece will hide the inner working of the contraption.
    10) Wait for it to dry.
    11) Pull the bottom of the T, you will see the wing swing upwards when you pull the T down and when you let go, the wing swing downwards.

Urgh, so hard doing tutorial for this with only Paint. At any point, you can sand the edges of the plywood down to make it smoother. If you don't want to use plywood, just use paper or cardboard. The only different procedure is in Step 8 and 9, where because of the thinness of the paper, the T won't snag the wings. So you'll have to find another way, such as either affixing the T to the wings with tiny strings, or make it so that the T can snag the paper.

Unless you take a long time to cut paper/cardboard/plywood, it will only take 10 minutes to do this. It's the drying of the glue that may take time.

It's a great gift for girls. Of course, angels aren't the only thing you can do. You can make birds, or even 4 legged animals with the same techniques. You'll be very popular among girls, listen to the Queen of Yuri.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    asriu and karsarts like this.
  2. FalkorUnlucky

FalkorUnlucky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. some construction paper
    2. tape
    3. film canisters
    4. alka seltzer
    5. water
    6. scissors
    step 1- decorate film canisters to look like rocket ships or something
    step 2- add a little bit of alka seltzer and water inside canister
    step 3- put on lid then put on ground or aim away from faces
    Weight of canister with decorations, alka seltzer/water ratio, and whole/crushed/mixture of both for the alka seltzer all make a difference.

3. monstermaaaaan

monstermaaaaan title tile

Reading List:
    Link

this guy lives to make diy handycrafts
    ps: i like the last one on this video the best

Rephidim likes this.
  4. Ptolomaea

Ptolomaea 〘⑉⑈⑉⑉⑆⑆〄⑇⑉⑇⑈⑆〙〘ѠЖ҉۞֎ਆෝ⎭⎛Ⅸ〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll cover the spaces in the image using a pencil?

Aww. Thank you, Ai-chan. I'll try doing this wish me luck. My classmates would surely like this. And, I'll listen to the Queen of Yuri ofufu~

5. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    No, cover the back side, the blank side, of the paper you printed your image on.

7. Ptolomaea

Ptolomaea 〘⑉⑈⑉⑉⑆⑆〄⑇⑉⑇⑈⑆〙〘ѠЖ҉۞֎ਆෝ⎭⎛Ⅸ〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, okay. I get it now. Thaaank you :)