Recommendations Suggest me some Tv-Series, Movies. Any language. Can be K-drama, american drama or anything.

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by absenior19, Aug 24, 2022.

1. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    Babylon 2022
    A good movie, watch it, at some part it was boring, but it also became interesting many times, i liked the ending. its like a circle completed. anyway a good movie worth watching. not comedy or action or anything like that.
    Summary:
    Decadence, depravity and outrageous excess lead to the rise and fall of several ambitious dreamers in 1920s Hollywood as the industry begins to transition from silent pictures to the world of sound films.
    ---
    warning: it has nudity in it.

2. Pennsterr21

Pennsterr21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Cursed on nflix
    its a korean drama that sounds like the description of what you like: gore, dark, suspenseful, horror, and thriller

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    absenior19 likes this.
  3. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    thx, this one sounds good.

4. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Snowfall ( total 6 seasons )
    S06 E05
    Drugs, Gangs type series. But it's a good one. 6th season is on air right now. Try this series.
    It's not about romance or much drama. And it's pretty interesting all the way. It's different from Narcos and the type of Breaking Bad, but is similar in some ways. So check a few episodes and decide if you like it or not.
    Tbh this is better than narcos or breaking bad or even peaky blinder, imo. Season 6 is the last season. And till now i love this series.

Summary:
    During the budding drug epidemic in Los Angeles in the early 1980s, a crime family decides to make money selling cocaine. Meanwhile, a CIA operative also gets involved

There will be many important characters with their own stories, even back story and their trajectory and what they do. Basically, they are more than simple side characters, but as the season passes by, only one character will eventually be the main one, which is our mc. And many important characters will also die along the way, for various reasons.
    But there is no family drama ( as it was in break bad and peaky blinder ). And it's not bleak like narcos, well narcos has a different vibe, more like not exciting I guess.
    And the last season, Season 6, will be a bloodbath all the way like every important character you will see from season 1 will have a bloodbath, as promised by the creators.
    mc also gets matured in this series much faster, he is not a simp or a good guy, but he will realize it soon in season 1. and as the season will move on, he will become more ruthless.
    In terms of ambition, mc is like a narco, though not to the extent to become a terrorist. But still similar on some ground. imo breaking bad was weak in terms of character ruthlessness and how much time it took for walter white to properly develop into one, and his reasons were always about family, even if he got ambition, still in end, he does everything one way or another with cope reasons of family. But here it's simply ambition, well mc will also take i think, 1 or 2 seasons to properly realize this. peaky blinder got great ambition, but too many family and love drama-related plots, which are literally so less in here, that you can say almost none. That's why it's similar to narcos in some places, but only just in some places. As narcos scale was bigger, more ruthless, etc.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    kush02 likes this.
  5. Tarawa

Tarawa [Clubs] [Zam!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Stealing Raden Saleh : heist by a teenage adult
    The Big 4 : Action Comedy

absenior19 likes this.
  6. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    John Wick Chp 4
    it's out, you guys should check it out. Possibly this is the last installment, tho i would love to see more of it.

kush02 likes this.
  7. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine Junji Ito's Tomie being the Angel, Demon or Sweet Embodiment of Karma.

Girl From Nowhere

Little_Duck
    Fun fact: the first scene when Nanno was sitting by the window. The original idea the director had was for her to just stand in the room, but the actress told the director that she wanted to sit on the edge of the window because it fits Nanno’s character more ”not afraid of dying” type
    Sophia Delan
    Finished the whole series in two days and it was soooo good I actually felt bad discovering it very late. What I love the most about this show is Nanno is portrayed as the main character AND the villain, per se, but once you're done with each episode you'll realize the characters brought the bad luck to themselves and not Nanno. That says a lot and it's really mind-blowing.
    LilTomboy
    Okay as "scary" as the shows were, i was more scared of the fact, that these cases actually existed in Thailand and that the girls mostly didn't get justice. So the directors made a drama of these few cases where Nanno brought justice to the victims.
    Cyclone Cerebrum
    As a Thai I can confirm that some of episodes are inspired by true story, Ex. the episode that the incident of drunk and drive girl is real and its way more cruel than the series. 9 PPL died in the incident as they families live painfully for the rest of their life such as one of the victim's father died while hugged his daughter's picture on his chest (SUDS) not long after the incident and another one is really poorly old woman whom lost her son in the incident, her story was so sad, she raised her son by selling the flower across the street and he just graduated the Ph.D...... Real Life has no Nanno, the drunk girl still has a luxury life, hide herself behind her father ass and YES he is a big name in Thailand and ridiculously rich.
    Liwanag Family
    Girl from nowhere is a really nice series. Yes, it is thrilling and fun to watch but you know what is nicer? Every episode has a deep lesson. Lessons for people in our generation. Nanno makes people's lives miserable, But she taught every single one of us a lesson.

absenior19 likes this.
  8. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Tetris 2023
    This was a really good and exciting movie, with so many ups and down, lol. Completely beyond what i imagined it to be tbh. Worth a watch.

Murder Mystery 2
    Well, it falls behind a little compared to its first part, but still a time-pass movie. Filled with shenanigans, so don't expect too much. But for boring times, you can give it a try.

i will watch this series.

9. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tulsa king

absenior19 likes this.
  10. MadHatter1001

MadHatter1001 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If youre into kdrama, i recommend watching The Glory. its on Netflix. amazing show

11. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for rec. i will check it out. i watch k dramas.

12. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a good list. Thx for sharing, i have seen almost most of them.

Lost Tv Series. ( good for time pass, its quite old now tho. But i only recently came across it. Its a good one. )
    Similar to Heroes, Manifest and Dome type series. If you know what i mean, destiny, greater power, etc....

13. kush02

kush02 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    daredevil movie and web series all seasons

absenior19 likes this.
  14. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    damn, if she is such an embodiment lol. it will end up in disaster lmao. i watched it. it was a good and fun series. Ty for recommendation

15. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Sense8
    hmm imo, a good series. Though nudity and R18 stuff were just too much. And LGBT too. If in your usual series, you find LGBT or any nudity on a scale from 1 to 10, 6 or 7 maybe. Then here it was 11 lol. So in case you don't like that, then don't bother even trying imo.
    I skipped all those scenes and stuff, so i am cool with it. If you can't watch or don't like to skip anything then don't try.
    Hmm other than those problems, and some logic problems in the usage of their power ( sensorium stuff ), everything else was ok and decent ig.
    ig i kinda skimmed the series a little lol

16. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Guardian Of Galaxy Vol 3
    basically, it's the last installment and also the best one imo. As i loved this more than others, and i loved the emotional part in this one.
    worth watching imo.

Simulant 2023
    This was a very decent movie ngl. The whole movie had a dark undertone, signifying the differences between humans and the android. And, i loved that it didn't end up in being a cliche of some sort of human win. Instead, it's an uncertain future that this movie left in the end, and also the fact that in a way from a human pov, the bad guy wins. So it was unique and different and i enjoyed it.
    It gave me the feel of tau to a certain extent, that was also a great movie. tho that was better than this lol, as i like psychology more, and the psychological part was not as much as Tau in this movie.
    Tbh my end thoughts are only this, if our world ever advanced enough to make such things possible then just never create an android for household purposes that can also have human thoughts, processes, love, etc... That's not just dangerous, its nuts.

17. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales From the Loop | Official Trailer

TALES FROM THE LOOP Ending Explained!

The Haunting Beauty of 'Tales from the Loop'

When I look at just one picture from Simon Stålenhag’s Tales from the Loop, I feel like I’ve watched an entire film. In a single, haunting image, a novel’s worth of narrative seems to play out just below the surface. If you’ve ever seen this art before, you’ve probably experienced this too — even if you didn’t know where it was from. Tales from the Loop and its sequel Things from the flood are worldbuilding projects set in an alternate version of Sweden in the 80s and 90s, in which a gigantic particle accelerator buried beneath the fields and suburbs begins to alter reality in unpredictable ways. Yet the story is so much more than a summary can convey. So, for this entry into the archive, I want to dive deep into the hidden lore of Tales from the Loop — and investigate why this project has struck a chord with myself and so many others. Now, let’s enter the world of Simon Stålenhag, and discover the mysteries of Tales from the Loop.

SLASHER - Ripper (Season 5)
    [​IMG]

amc Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    absenior19 likes this.
  18. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Mr Queen
    This one is very different than what I usually watch or post here. It can be said to be similar to hotel del luna, involving romance, drama... But this show focuses more on comedy, and it was fun to watch. There were some problems that I noticed here and there, but overall I enjoyed it and it was worth it, as per my taste. So you guys read the summary, check the trailer, maybe even see a few review and then decide if you wanna see or not. its a k drama.

19. absenior19

Reading List:
    Link
    Sisu 2023
    a fun popcorn movie. and since this is a popcorn movie, so i will advice for you to not think too much, as there are many problems here and there. but ig a good time pass movie.

20. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Emily In Paris
    Comedy Drama :blob_pompom:

absenior19 likes this.