Recommendations Suggestions for novels with kingdom building as the focus

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by siddharth, Dec 17, 2017.

1. siddharth

siddharth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am really fascinated with the novels where the protagonist has his own kingdom which he builds from scratch or he raises its glory to unprecedented levels. The protagonist MUST NOT be a One Man Army, i.e., he should have his own subordinates, his own army and may or may not be individually powerful. But majority of the story should be focused on Kingdom-Building or Army-Building.
    Some of the novels which I have read are -
    Please don't recommend novels like Sevens, Dimensional Sovereign, etc. where the male lead doesn't have any army.
    I would also welcome any suggestions for western novels (like the Daniel Black series).
    I also don't mind whether or not there is any harem.
    Thank You.

2. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  4. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Online its main character class is Lord where you have to build and manage a town starting from a tiny settlement

5. KKristen

KKristen Crazy Cat Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    Akuyaku Tensei Dakedo Doushite Kou Natta

World of Cultivation

Both have smart, hard-working main characters (who aren't OP) slowly building up their forces in the face of war. Extra emphasis is placed on army structure and tactics (instead of most novels that just throw giant armies at each other).

6. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    junior2729 likes this.
  8. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  10. siddharth

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Kin

Kin Invijible kitty

Reading List:
    Link
  12. siddharth

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank You but I am not into Yaoi or Shounen Ai :(

13. siddharth

Reading List:
    Link
    As you can see from my profile pic, I am an Overlord maniac.
    Also I did Try to read lord of the devil but soon ran out of my patience.
    Anyway, thank you for your suggestions :)

Kin likes this.
  14. Kin

Kin Invijible kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    Forgot to mention about being patience XD
    I just love his way of kingdom/army building. Or did you missed it? How far did you read?

15. siddharth

Reading List:
    Link
    Ar
    Around ~60 chapters

Kin likes this.
  16. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what???
    He practically made his own country which is the South Beim and he trained his army through defeating monsters using dungeons/labyrinth when he absorbed two countries which was Rhuvenns and Beim which was altered to North Beim, he already owned Beim's Soldiers, Bahnseim's defeated soldiers, Four Country Alliance through marriage contract and being a Savior to them. Using various different means to get a personal army to dispatch for the eastern front doesn't mean he doesn't have an army, he practically commanded more than 150,000 men at last war.

By that logic yours, then Souma from Realist Hero doesn't have an army at all.

17. siddharth

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do note that I specifically stated that majority of the story should revolve around kingdom building. I read Sevens till vol12, and didn't encounter any "kingdom building" or "army building" stuff. So, I assume that the army training episode you are mentioning should be in the last arc.
    Also, in Realist Hero, Souma starts managing the kingdom from the very beginning which covers the "kingdom building" tag.

18. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    GG you've failed on reading Sevens, well that's ok since a lot people won't notice it... And who the fuck removed the Kingdom Building, fucking mods, what the hell are they doing, I already put that tag.(edited: It's there, I checked it, fuck it the mods are competent.)

Volume 1 has already psychological social interaction manipulation which led to treacherous scheme of mercenary hiring for Bandit Subjugation. Psychological Relevance was already pointed out.

Volume 5 has already presented Defensive strategy, using monetary reward system to boost the morale and to produce work, utilizing various resources and terrain advantages, it's not your boy defeats monster, it's boy leading the whole village and soldiers to live.

Volume 9 and makes its entrance for strategic point conquering, using diversion tactic and psychological warfare, it didn't fail on utilizing unethical strategies. Only Hundreds of people was used to conquer and entire country.

Volume 10 already showed it's war diplomacy though in comedic way, but it has already showed siege war. Conquering elements was presented in short way, 4000 people from Zayin under the direct command of Lyle was dispatch to conquer Selva.

Volume 11 was another defensive strategy war, using psychological manipulation just to removed national debt in order to cut off the relationship to the death city known as Beim, which is for the sake of future, this is also the moment that Lyle decided to become an Emperor. Lyle was already Commanding 20000 people in the front lines.

Volume 12, another diplomatic war, actually a conspired war which focuses on internal affairs and domestic affairs, you can call it Political War through various schemes especially government infiltration.

19. siddharth

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright you win. I was wrong. :p
    But I still didn't like Sevens. You may call it my personal bias.

youseiki likes this.
  20. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Sevens is one of the hardest web novel out there, it's not like I've seen it clearly, it took me 200 times of re-reading it (I've re-read it by re-reading specific chapters and volumes, not from 1-345)
    Just always read the Ancestors Dialogue, they always bring out political and war stuff.
    Well Sevens is my favorite, but I don't like Realist Hero and Release that Witch, it's my personal biased.

siddharth likes this.