Art Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Neko, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been in an art block for the longest time and usually I don't know what to draw when I feel like drawing......so I figured I would try taking suggestions ; w ;;

There's really no order for these, if I feel like drawing the suggestion I will, and if I don't then I won't.
    It would be nice if a detailed description is given and even better if photo references are provided, especially for novel characters (for example if they wore traditional clothing or a certain hairstyle etc). Also....I'm better at drawing girls...and manly men are probably impossible for me....

I'll most likely draw traditionally!

My drawing style is pretty erratic.
    Some examples of my art:
    Kagamine Rin and Len from the song Tooriyo
    [​IMG]

Utatane Piko
    [​IMG]

Kurosawa Dia from Love Live! Sunshine
    [​IMG]

Yohane, Riko, and Mari from Love Live! Sunshine
    [​IMG]

Yamato no Kami Yasusada from Touken Ranbu
    [​IMG]

Kagamine Len
    [​IMG]

......As you can tell, I'm not good at drawing guys in general lol. Stuff usually looks wonky since I just draw with a fineliner too usually.

Soceura, ChisoMito, Pyoo and 6 others like this.
  2. RandomDot

RandomDot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure what you're asking me to draw.... but miwasiba is one of my favorite vocaloid illustrators, I referenced their work on the Tooriyo PV!

4. Cryarc

Cryarc 『Procrascinating Illustrator』

Reading List:
    Link
    You're better at using marker than digital painting it seems, it's pretty good and cute. Well I don't have anything to suggest/request, just passing by and drop some compliment to fellow lonely artist here. Good luck though from your artblock xD

Neko likes this.
  5. Blique

Blique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wanna get better at drawing guys, I recommend DesignDoll! 8D With it, you can draw the manliest of men!

[​IMG]

It's basically 3D models you can alter to any body shape and pose in any position. It's free to download!

Anyhow, good luck with your art. :)

Dodibones, eseul, Neko and 1 other person like this.
  6. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    aa yeah I've actually been drawing digitally far longer than markers (literally got those markers last semester) but I find that I draw faster traditionally and it's easier and faster to just use markers to color. I've been really unsure of how I want to approach my digital art for the longest time now so I have half finished things like this....
    [​IMG]
    I used to try full colored things more but I struggle with motivation a lot rip, at least I got better at drawing compared to before tho I guess... orz
    Old stuff was at least fully colored (':
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and my newer stuff is just boring and lazy
    both 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Youngest likes this.
  7. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh I've heard of this resource before! I did try it out before for some poses for girls (from the website since I was too lazy to download) lol but I found it kinda difficult to adapt to....? Nn I think I'm just bad at using references if it makes sense. I also got clip studio paint some time back so I have 3D models to use on there as well haha, just gotta... take the time to actually use it....

8. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    From these examples I think the reason you lacking in digital is because there are too much freedom in it compared to traditional tools. With digital the amount of techniques, tools and colors that can be used are basically limitless and it's inducing unsureness and it can be daunting/intimidating to start which apparently shows in your works... Maybe trying a lot of style and techniques for a couple of times and then narrow down which one feels more comfortable will help. I also did it, from realism, pure anime cell-shaded, anime soft-shaded, semi realism, and currently is skewed toward semi realism.

But if you're more comfortable doing traditional art then you can just continue that path, as I can see why it's more appealing to you. It's just that I'm quite your opposite I already forgot how to do traditional art so I can't give any advice in that regard... orz

Neko likes this.
  9. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's definitely my issue.....the artists I really enjoy have such a large variety and range of styles compared to each other it makes me at a loss and I end up not sure of what I want to do orz. I like that it's easier to fix things digitally rather than drawing traditionally (plus traditional is expensive sobs) and I like how digital painting looks like too........well in the end I just need to motivate myself to actually try things ; w ;;

Cryarc likes this.
  10. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mention it I stopped doing traditional works since I'm too lazy and reluctant to buy new art materials every month...

Ah, just in case if you want to try something maybe you can draw my female OC from this http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/crays-ark.28936/

Neko likes this.
  11. Blique

Blique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Find a style that fits your...style. Personality. Life. My art style is based partly on my personal aesthetic preferences, and partly on laziness. I used to do a lot of realistic digital painting until it occurred to me that I don't enjoy it very much. I'm perfectionistic, so I get stressed if the drawing isn't perfectly realistic, and at that point I'd rather just buy a camera. As you can see in my avatar, I've moved on to simple stuff. I still do semi-realism or loose painting now and then if I'm tired of lineart or feel like experimenting.

So in other words, find a style you like looking at and like drawing. If you're not sure what style that is yet, keep experimenting til you find it. Even if it's just something like "I like how this artist draws noses" or "I like how this artist splashes color around", study the part you like and then practice it with your own art. See if it meshes well with you. I guess. Probably.

A lot of being good at digital art, especially painting, is knowing what all the buttons do. If you have trouble with digital painting, I recommend looking up various tutorials that showcase various techniques, as it's the easiest way to familiarize yourself with what the program is capable of doing. I dunno if this helps, but my technique mainly just involves putting my brush on half or less opacity, switching around brush types a bit, setting the brush on multiply for dark shading and lineart, and adjusting/gradient-ing the hell out of layers to get the right colors and contrast. Here's some of my finished stuff if it interests you:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for requests...ahh, I don't have any girls in mind, but if you wanna draw Kaitou Kid or Conan, I don't care how girly you make them. Kaitou Kid is my favorite character in the world. :love:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Neko likes this.
  12. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    AA SORRY for the late reply,, I have a lot of materials laying around tbh since I bought them for classes and didn't end up using them all...rip I'm not much of a painter though
    I tried to draw your OC but I don't think I did her much justice orz what are hands lol
    [​IMG]

Cryarc and Blique like this.
  13. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh that's a really eloquent way to put it, I feel like I'm leaning towards simple since I'm super lazy as well,, just whenever I see nice detailed artworks I keep thinking it would be cool to do that too....
    Mm that's true, I more or less just used SAI exclusively but I got CSP and now I'm just *SHRUGS* super confused at all the buttons lol. Your technique is something I haven't tried before! I didn't consider shading with a brush set on multiply.. it sounds like something good to try. Your watercolor mimikyu is so cute aaaa and the palette and painting for the cake is so nicely done as well? Most of your stuff seems to have this textured painterly style to it which is nice!!
    I'll get to drawing one of them eventually!! I really like Detective Conan too (though I'm behind on the anime;;;)

Cryarc and Blique like this.
  14. Blique

Blique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw, thanks! Honestly, a lot of the stuff I do has been born out of stress. =w=;; Like shading with a brush on multiply was 'cause I kept getting frustrated that my shading was too light, so I used multiply to force myself to make it darker and stay aware of the overall contrast. Before that (and even still now...), I always colored too lightly and had to edit the final drawings with the Contrast tools.

I've actually had a hard time because I got too reliant on digital editing. That's why I'm trying to change my technique rather than stick to just editing the final image at the end. You should see my traditional paintings vs my digital. :cautious:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's good that you're better at traditional, because adapting from traditional to digital is a lot easier than vice versa. It's mainly just an issue of learning the buttons so you can figure out how to replicate your traditional techniques. My current digital technique is largely based off what I learned in my traditional painting classes. I'm probably most suited to oil painting, but I end up only using acrylics because the fumes are too much trouble to deal with. :sick:

Also the textured painterly thing is just using watercolor/custom brushes. :D It's super easy to do yet it makes your piece look a lot fancier. I only recently started trying it out, but now I do it for everything.

Yay Detective Conan! :D It's hard to find another fan. The anime is a little weird with its filler episodes; I find them to be easy to solve most of the time, so I stopped watching the anime a while back. I'm mostly caught up with the manga though. Gotta marathon the recent ones sometime.

Neko likes this.
  15. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeay it's cute~! <3 She looks playful in your style :D
    Ahaha, I still remember how I used to be using lots of tricks just to hide the hands so I don't need to draw it...
    If you have OC or something just show me and I'll draw it as a trade for this!

Neko likes this.
  16. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh I see.... I think I have the same issue where there's not much contrast when I "shade" usually but I don't end up doing anything to it orz and also sometimes the colors get messed up from looking at it screen to screen sobs

I don't think your traditional is bad, its just that the materials result in textures and digitally it gets smoothed out really well, it's just a matter of media (though some people can handle their traditional media super well) I think I actually sorta went from digital to traditional ..I got my tablet pretty early but never got real art supplies until college (too expensive for my childhood rip) I really have no technique rn either, I just kinda do whatever for most of the time orz... I've actually never tried oil painting before, definitely bc of the fumes and also the price of oil paints...;; The texture gives me a sense that its your signature style or something, it's nicely recognizable!

Detective Conan is one of the few anime my sister actually likes so I used to watch it often with her and I got my cousin into it too! I got lazy watching the anime around the 430th episode though since I keep up with the manga.... I'm behind on the movies too (and Magic Kaito 1412....) orz, I don't actually remember how I got into it but I really enjoy mystery and slice of life type of things so it was really my cup of tea!

Blique likes this.
  17. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't portray her as the cool beauty she is sobs... tbh I still end up avoiding hands a lot bc I tend to draw in pens but I should stop doing that....
    This made me realize I'm like 99% fan art but I found some potential OCs I've drawn before!! They all have no color though haHA take your pick!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (wow what are arms....)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The last two are pretty old ; w ;;

18. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too much procrascinating, I tried to do your OC, the color scheme is rather random and it's still WIP ;w;/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Neko likes this.
  19. Cryarc

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished! I hope you like it x'D
    [​IMG]

Keimichi, ChisoMito and Neko like this.
  20. Neko

Neko (=^・ ω ・^=) ♪

Reading List:
    Link
    FSHDSJG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS LOOKS SO GOOD SHES BEAUTIFUL..... I'm speechless :cry::cry::cry: <-TEARS OF GRATITUDE this is literally a full on commission sobs I feel bad I only gave a doodle ; w ;;;; I'll make it up to you one day somehow!!

Keimichi and Cryarc like this.