Spoiler Superstar Aspirations (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ayyshadow, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You May have to try searching the title and then just attempting a few different raw sources.

2. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so DOES the public ever figure out qin cheng was lotus seed and orange filling, or do only mc and ml know. :hmm:

3. madudellatorre

madudellatorre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read all SA up to the chapters that are translated, and other than the cute relationship between MC and ML, I was really interested on the dramas/movies that the MC played as an actor. Does anyone who had already read the whole novel, or further than the translated chapters, could do my a great favor and write a somewhat brief review of the dramas/movies MC worked?

4. aphrosdiax

aphrosdiax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    only the mc and ml know, lotus seed and orange filling doesn’t really come up after mc confronts ml about it, lol.

i forget which ones have already been translated but aside from mc’s tv dramas, his movies are (not entirely in this order, my memory isn’t that good)

- he plays the lead in a biopic about a famous singer who died. there isn’t a lot of details but i think it was translated already lol. ml is the supporting actor who plays the singer’s best friend (they had an ambiguous relationship) who died in a freak car accident. it was a film that had a ton of guest appearances from famous people and is mc’s most lucrative film before the last film on this list, but the plot is just about his life from playing music in subway stations to his peak of success and to his death

- a film where he’s a mute ghost who was in love with a girl, and eventually she grew to love him back. but she graduates and leaves and he can’t go with her bc he’s a ghost tied to the building. she comes back when she’s older and the school is going to be demolished, and mc tells her he loves her (these is his only line in the entire film) and dissipates. in the end of the movie it’s revealed that they knew each other before and they planned a meeting where they would confess to each other, but the girl had an accident (?) and lost her memories of him and he died after an asthma attack while he was waiting for her to come. he only left the world after finding out she’s found her own happiness (i think..)

- he plays the lead in a psychological thriller (tbh it reminded me of hannibal lol, i actually wanna watch it) where there’s a murderer running amok and mc’s fellow lead actor (another guy, no romance in this movie) is a police officer who comes to mc, who’s a renown psychology professor, for help. eventually they catch the murderer, but the twist is that in the very end, it turns out that mc is the real murderer bc he has one of the hands of the victims in a jar. the criminal profile he made while helping with he investigation fits him, because as a child his father abandoned him and his mother during an earthquake and they barely survived for three before being rescued. (all the victims of the crimes were people who abandoned their children). there’s a tiny scene after the end credits where it shows his next target is gonna be his police pal

- he’s a supporting character in one of ml’s films where he’s a prince in an ancient setting. ml is the lead and is trying to find out who keeps killing his comrades. they eventually find the “culprit” but in the end it turns out the mastermind is actually mc’s character, who turned out to be non-blood related to the emperor (his mom, the empress, faked her pregnancy and he’s actually the son of a palace maid who managed to escape.) mc’s character killed everyone who he thought would know his identity. in the end ml kills mc + there’s a mildly ambiguous flashback scene that showed that mc’s character and ml’s character had a really good relationship. mc’s last words before he dies were sth like “do you really feel nothing after killing me?” (don’t rememberer the exact words)

- he plays the lead in american movie where he’s a teenage boy from the slums who ends up going in the run with a hostage after he ends up being the only survivor of a bank robbery gone wrong. it’s basically about the duality of the innocence of a 16 year old boy who had nothing handed to him and his ability to transform into a cruel man in desperate times. he ends up getting caught by the police and sentenced to 30 years in prison because the woman he took hostage the whole time was actually a police officer. she says she didn’t kill him because she believed that he still had the potential to be a good person and that he has the chance for a new life after he gets out of prison

he does a few more movies after this but the details get a lot less after a while bc the novel fast forwards through a 3-4 year timeskip

- his final movie in the novel is a sci fi romance movie where he plays an android. ml is a scientist in a world where androids are common and (arguably) have more emotions than regular people. ml doesn’t believe that androids have emotions, so he buys a love robot (mc) and experiments with it. eventually they fall in love, but after ml starts thinking about his feelings, for 130 days he tells mc to stay away from him and not to appear in front of him. mc is in love with ml at this point but he obeys, eventually they make up and it’s all cute and stuff but ml gets targeted by a rival scientist/company and is shot at. mc ends up shooting the guy who was attacking ml, breaking the first rule of androids: they cannot harm humans. ml faints right after and when he wakes up he finds out that mc has been sent back to his origin company and scrapped because he broke the biggest rule. ml goes to the dump where the scraps were put and digs for like a month trying to find mc’s parts and in the end he finds mc’s motherboard and tells him that he loves him and that mc really loved him too (or i guess that’s what he says, mtl always mixed pronouns up). that’s the end.. all of mc’s films with ml are tragic

the films in this novel are surprisingly good... i actually cried while reading a few of them :sweating_profusely:

wildthorn and madudellatorre like this.
  5. mechamecha

mechamecha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil chapter 1-49

since there’s a new translator I was thinking of reading this again but when I went to read chapter 49 (to refresh) I don’t remember anything that happens lol

At least spoil MC’s achievements (movies/awards/etc) right now? Since I remember most of MC & ML interactions

Chapter 49 ends around the time ML dries MC’s hair I’m pretty sure (then goes fangirls)
    I don’t remember what movies/drama MC already acted in though (might reread instead but feeling lazy haha)

6. madudellatorre

madudellatorre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you very much!!!!