Spoiler Superstitious Nine / 이상한 아홉수

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by missbluesunglasses, Jul 9, 2022.

1. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Name: Superstitious Nine / 이상한 아홉수
    Alternate title: Odd Number Nine
    Official Link: https://ridibooks.com/author/102621
    Unofficial: [1]

Description: Soohee grew up trapped in a household preaching about an old-school policy that women must be submissive and modest. And at the age of 29, she left. Using an app on her phone for the first time in her life, she got connected with a man, whose personality and voice was her type. And during their first phone call... "Your voice makes me so horny. The moment I heard your voice, I just wanted to do things like this." "..." "But hearing your voice... makes me imagine that you're a handsome man." How strange. No one was with her for sure. But she can feel a huge and warm hand sliding between her pajamas and skin. Soohee shook her hips back and forth in response to the tickling sensation. She moaned silently. In an attempt to suppress her moaning, she buried her head in her blanket. The man patiently waited for Soohee's response, and as soon as she got quiet, he finally spoke. "Now put your hand there."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    i_am_here likes this.
  2. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i read from viet RAWs and from what i have gathered so far, it mostly about love comedy smut. The chemistry between two leads are one of my favorite.

• Male lead’s name is Han TaeOh... 2 years younger than the female lead (27 years old)
    • Apparently both of them living in the same apartment complex and Sohee found out quickly after her friend told her she forgot to manage settings on the app that she interact with people that close to her location.
    • Sohee ghosted him for 2 weeks after she accidentally found out his identity because she suspected him to be someone popular (aka celebrity or such) and didn’t want to get involved with him... but it just to make them encountered again on convenience store and later they both got trapped in the elevator
    • Taeoh started to get panic attack bc the elevator shut down, Sohee thought he was having claustrophobia and helped him to calm down, they both fell asleep waiting for the rescue. When he wokes up, sohee panicked and immediately left him in the elevator and her phone as well. (This is where TaeOh found out her identity as his sex phone partner)
    • Taeoh then came over to her apartment for returning her phone along threatened her to confess. While Sohee just bluntly confess about her identlity so she can get her phone back, Taeoh started crying and thinking that she’s ghosted him because she had fed up and found new partner already... the neighbours next door heard the noises & misunderstood the situaton as a lover quarrel session, so sohee took taeoh inside her apartment (as taeoh wished it to be)
    • The two had a honest talk to each other by drinking beer together. Sohee interrogated on why Taeoh starts to ask her phone sex. Sohee suspects him if he literally doing this to everyone while Taeoh defended himself she’s the first girl to respond his pervert text and he just doing it out of curiosity since it’s also the first time for him. Sohee started laughing at Taeoh’s panic behavior and believed that his words are true. (Also taeoh apparently is a virgin as well LMAO)
    • They finally had their first night after drinking session and has quite a lot of round (even doing it in the morning as well) Taeoh literally said he didn’t plan to let go of sohee considering how compatible they are even in a bed.
    • Later Sohee’s apartment had their ceiling broke down. She imagined if she only eat alone without Taeoh right now, she might as well got accident (because she usually ate on the sofa and not dining table) so she had no choice but to live together with Taeoh after he offered to stay in his place.
    • Taeoh also a good cooker (husband material detected) so most of the time he’s doing cooking and they literally live like a married couple (even if their relationship isn’t officially dating yet)
    • Both of them had their second sex after Sohee mistook the drink the refrigator was actually a vodka. Sohee started calling his name affectionally. This time they are using condom because taeoh didn’t have it last time and have to c*m outside.
    It’s 22 chapters so far and I bet the next chapter (23) is going to be snufest as well as it seems Taeoh and Sohee were on bed together after comforting with each other. Might be wrong call though. Confirmed to be sexy time on ch 23-24

not sure from which chapter but I gathered from this blog. ( I'm using MTL so there's going to be a lot of inaccuracy by my own summary of some events, so it would be helpful if anyone who know korean to translate some snippets better... this took place after both of them living together at Taeoh's apartment.

Apparently Soohee encountered her grandfather again (Since he found out her granddaughter had been living with other men). Her grandfather accused her for having shameful life after leaving the house and engaged with a man with has no proper parents, educational history (because we found out later Taeoh didn't graduated from any University or College) and tried to force Soohee going back to the house in order to married with a "proper man". However Taeoh didn't flinch with all those mockery and defend it that he's at least still treat Soo-Hee better rather than her grandfather who's probably at his age where his body slowly rotting in. He said Soohee is neither someone who can abandoned easily or a secondhand stuff.

There is used to be a online upload for the novel here... but now it only make ch.1 available and the rest got deleted. But judging by the title chapters, the conflict seems to focusing on Soohee's worst luck that can close her to death but being able to avoid it thanks to Tae-Oh's presence that makes him as her good luck charm. Here's a title of each chapter:

1. Chapter 1-3: An Unexpected Encounter
    2. Chapter 4-7: Instant Love
    3. Chapter 8: Weird Guy
    4. Chapter 9-11: Did We Sleep Without Knowing Our Names?
    5. Chapter 12-14: Number Nine, The Worst Luck
    6. Chapter 15-19: The Third Time It's not a Mistake
    7. Chapter 20-24: It's because I'm not Pregnant
    8. Chapter 25-28: Even If Death Stays with You
    9. Chapter 29-32: End of Nine

You can buy their E-book Novel on here! it cost around USD $2.6

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  3. Itsguenxx

Itsguenxx Member

Reading List:
    Link

If you don’t mind, can you please send the link here or to me please

mrs.apache likes this.
  4. raisha lionel

raisha lionel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanksss for the spoiler!!

5. lara5642

lara5642 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows his identity?I find him suspicious even though he is a cutie

6. lara5642

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Superstitious Nine / 이상한 아홉수
    Alternate title: Odd Number Nine
    Official Link: https://ridibooks.com/author/102621
    Unofficial: [1]

Description: Soohee grew up trapped in a household preaching about an old-school policy that women must be submissive and modest. And at the age of 29, she left. Using an app on her phone for the first time in her life, she got connected with a man, whose personality and voice was her type. And during their first phone call... "Your voice makes me so horny. The moment I heard your voice, I just wanted to do things like this." "..." "But hearing your voice... makes me imagine that you're a handsome man." How strange. No one was with her for sure. But she can feel a huge and warm hand sliding between her pajamas and skin. Soohee shook her hips back and forth in response to the tickling sensation. She moaned silently. In an attempt to suppress her moaning, she buried her head in her blanket. The man patiently waited for Soohee's response, and as soon as she got quiet, he finally spoke. "Now put your hand there".

7. lara5642

Reading List:
    Link
    This should be moved to spoiler category.

8. halloalic

halloalic Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Liya khan

Liya khan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler plz

10. Liya khan

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me what would happen after her grandfather see them ?

11. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Referring in my post this one... can be inaccurate because of using MTL...

12. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens at the end?

13. Liya khan

Reading List:
    Link
    Well when i click the link i can't read after the first chapter.

14. Leos_Tea_Party

Leos_Tea_Party Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soohee seems to be pregnant puking after her grandpa spilled the food he brought for her, Taeoh was quick to claim and take responsibility after the grandfather lashed out that Soohee is quite the shameful bitch, Honestly I applaud Taeoh, he's in love and serious with Soohee and ready to be a dad despite his age and their quick relatioship. Sadly Soohee showed a negative PT result to him and Taeoh felt sad and disappointed, it seems he really wants to marry and have a family with Soohee.

I'm really curious of what Taeoh's work tho, is he some kind of CEO? He came from a wealthy family but he cant always live off his grandma's wealth and savings.

So chapter 32 is the final one? I read the manwha adaptation up to chapter 28.

yukihibari likes this.
  15. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say the sense of responsibility to be a father is not depend on how old someone is, like Soohee's grandfather is not responsible enough even after having grandchildren. So yeah I'm proud of Taeoh too, while wondering just how much he yearns to have a family.

16. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I don't think he has a job, if what he told the grandfather is true, I think his main source of income is his inheritance and trust fund his grandmother left him. He mentioned one of his parents came from a wealthy family, but his parents eloped.
    After they died he was left destitute for many years and was unwanted. It's why he didn't manage to graduate even high school.

its0k likes this.
  17. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for sohee, getting married is not that easy. I understand her concern. Tae Oh doesn't have a job yet even though he's rich. If he only relies on his inheritance without considering developing his potential such as opening a business, looking for work, then gradually when his inheritance runs out he will be unable to do anything. He couldn't even manage the money he had. That's why Sohee mentions him as a man who doesn't have any future plans.

I hope we can know more about tae oh

jeonghanyi and Leos_Tea_Party like this.
  18. Leos_Tea_Party

Leos_Tea_Party Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed I hope we know more about him. Also Im having hunches coz from the start where they had
    Phone sex
    he was wearing a suit. I think he had some sort of business and he hides a bit of it. But maybe that's just me.

IAmMeh502 likes this.
  19. IAmMeh502

IAmMeh502 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't thought of that:blobcat_hyper::blobpirate:

20. lune_r

lune_r Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tae Oh inherited everything from his father's side after the death of his grandmother, which includes that whole building.
    On top of money and other assets, he also receives rent from the apartments that are leased out in the building. It's handled by a property/real estate management company, and money is deposited monthly.

He himself states that he doesn't have any other jobs.

Seeming to wear a suit in the earlier chapters, when he's on the phone with Soohee, is merely from Soohee's imagination as the narrator. It's never actually confirmed what he looks like or what he's wearing during that time until she first sees him in the convenience store.

While I don't know why he never finished school, I wouldn't say he was destitute - the definition of the word having to do with not having money or the means to provide for oneself. He was taken in by his grandmother, but emotionally, psychologically neglected as she hated his mother and probably also blamed her for the death of her son. He was still taken care of physically, as he was his father's son and resembled him in most ways.

its0k, Khalala, yukihibari and 3 others like this.