Recommendations Survival Novels with no BS romance or brotherhood

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by absenior19, Apr 22, 2022.

1. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for novels where mc need to survive or fight or struggle. Some examples: Hell App, Reincarnation Paradise, Nightmare game or any Lord God Novels.
    No BS romance - what i mean is that, romance can be there but no BS [ bull shi* kind ]. I don't need skirt-chasing mc or a harem-seeking mc or a pervert mc or a mc who only think about girls girls and girls.
    If romance is going to be there, then it better be reasonable and logical and should be a step by step process. Instead of being abrupt and nonsensical.
    Same goes for Brotherhood or friends.
    I don't need mc to sacrifice his life at every turn for other people. Instead i want him to be a human with all the emotions like greed, fear, selfish, etc..... Instead of being a perfect human, it's better if i can relate to him.
    No damsel-in-distress type of plot.
    Same goes for giving your back to brother or friend. Why? i need thrill, need suspicion, need to be careful unless you are sure that they can't betray [ it's not that they won't betray, but instead they can't ]
    How? imagine a slave or some other magic or skills, which bind people or make it so they need to act as agreed.
    Romance or Harem, should never be main focus of the story. [ if it is then just get out ]
    MC should be smart, IQ, innovative,.....
    Better if he is special [ like having some cheat or golden finger or something which make him unique or separate him from others ]
    ============================================================================================================================================
    Thriller Game: I Have The Evil God Source Code
    Chp read: 32 [ i will edit the review, if anything happen contradictory ]
    Romance/Harem- From the looks of it, no chance of harem. As for romance, i am not sure. But most likely No romance or Very late romance. i will edit it, if it is different. [ ok ]
    MC is very similar to mc of Hell App and Nightmare game and similar, some other survival games or the types.
    Story main focus is not about darkness or evil. It is more about using brain. IQ , kinda.
    So don't come for evil. MC might even have friends for all i know. [ not yet though ]
    But as i said those things are very grounded.
    from the pov of survival game, using brain, no bs of romance or brotherhood, mc being unique or having some cheat which is not OP but have great potential. Then this might be the novel. Still i am reading it, so i will edit it.

Hell App
    Very similar to above mentioned novel. MC is similar in behaviour and nature. Same in smart and IQ. Great story. suspense, thrill, horror, survival, selfish, killer, brutal, calm, rational.....
    Check it's reviews on novelupdate.

Dreadful Radio Game
    Sam survival kind. and great story. I don't like mc in here as he is a good guy. So a long journey for him to progress and change. And even then he can't reach the height of other novels [ above mentioned ] as in character and nature.
    So i will say, not as much selfish as i imagined. But a good novel.

I Became a God in a Horror Game
    This is one of the best, i read till now. It is also a Yaoi, so this is a poison. I mentioned it ok. so don;t read if you don;t want.
    But let me be clear, i read 230 chp. Till then, didn't feel much about any yaoi. Basicaly. no romance till then. So it was ok for me and i also like to read fast sometime. so i miss some details. But still, i didn;t see any romance till then or i would have long dropped it.
    I only read it cuz someone suggested it as being one of the best in IQ and mc being smart and great survival story with a really big background and worldview. So i was interested, and yes tbh it's really good. If it was not yaoi, then believe me i would have suggested it to all of my friends. Many times, just seeing a BL tag there people leave. I was also same, so i thought i will drop it once i see any such mention, which i don;t wanna see. But i know why i didn;t see. If i am not wrong then the one for which Bl tag is there is like the biggest boss in that game and is suppressed by the game. No idea for why and reason, novel is very long.
    So it is like, Late romance or Very Late romance. so that's why i didn;t see anything related to bl which would have made me leave.
    ok. That's the best i could say. still if you are too much prejudiced then don;t even try.
    I stopped at 230, as MTL is really unbearable for me. I was loving it for such a great plot and twists and detective and all sort of suspense and logic. i believe it can even be made into a movie for fuk sake.
    So i will wait for it to get translate, but still i will drop it the moment i feel yaoi has been involved in story. [ as i am also prejudiced, just not too much lol ]

Nightmare’s Call
    A great novel. read it. on novelupdate you will find reviews so chk it out there. Not survival exactly later on. But still that's what it started as in beginning, then it become bigger and bigger. going toward being a god and whatnot and cultivating.
    No romance of any sort. so i will say, no female lead and ofc no harem.
    MC is Neutral-Evil or maybe completely neutral. idk what to say exactly.
    but he is not a good person for sure. Killing people, making experiment on planets and so on. From no angle, he is a good person.
    But still, he is neutral.

Reincarnation Paradise
    One of the best. i am at latest chp. 3838 approx. i am reading it in raws so names are different. There it is indexed based on volume
    MC is neutral evil. But mostly anti-hero
    same, no love or romance or anything even remotely possible. ok
    MC can kill without blinking even innocent people. So yeah evil
    But still the way author wrote it and the way mc is portrayed, i don;t see him much of a evil
    so i say, neutral evil or maybe just neutral should suffice
    This started as a fan fic and then become original from 7-8 vol.
    and till now idk how many vol, maybe 27-28 or more.
    it is original. MC don;t have friends, he have followers which are recognised by system, so absolute loyalty.
    i mean, other people, i can;t say them as friends. as mc and the environment is not friendly at all lmao

Today's friends maybe tomorrow's enemy and today's enemy maybe tomorrow's collaborator
    so no eternal friendship, no eternal enmity, Only eternal benefits lmao

Luv this concept

Iiloveme likes this.
  2. Dotencsure

Dotencsure Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those types are rare.

3. Nanaisensei

Nanaisensei New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try readin "survive in the parallel world, plesse!"

Its cool :3

absenior19 likes this.
  4. Mir42

Mir42 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading systemic lands on royalroad, protagonist is selfish and murders people to survive.Also when I joined your discord server,bot automatically banned me can you unban me?

5. why.

why. ✪WHY SUPREMACY✪|❄ [orangeLover]❄

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe this one? I Became the Strongest With The Failure Frame【Abnormal State Skill】As I Devastated Everything

absenior19 likes this.
  6. Addictedtoreading

Addictedtoreading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps

Apocalypse Meltdown - MC is alone for a large part of the novel. Strives to find his family and save them.

7. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this one earlier till 150 or something. But dropped it later or maybe i read till 300 or something. But lol I won't read it now. I remember huge harem, including lolis if I'm not wrong. So not my type.

But yeah it was a great novel I enjoyed. When I read it.

The original seeker
    Apocalypse [ Reiki Recovery Situation]. MC is a scientist.
    He tried to get in ahead of others and slowly slowly drifted toward ruthlessness and coldness [ indifference ].
    But he is not absolute bad or absolute good.
    He do things at his own pace on his own accord.
    He is Neutral-Evil [ As he don't shift toward justice at all, At most you will see him repaying favours or just staying true to his commitments, of course base line is that he can do it and no harm or problem would arise from that act toward him, at least not what he can not handle. ]
    ------
    I found it very unique in Apocalypse Genre
    Last I read I was around 200+ chp. Going to continue now.