Spoiler Surviving As A Maid | 시녀로 살아남기

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gumiho, Oct 13, 2020.

1. MLisMyHubby

MLisMyHubby Isekaid Villainess >:)

Reading List:
    Link
    I have questions coz I’m a bit confused about mikael’s birth father.
    1. Some spoilers said that he was made of magic and he was a clone so basically he doesn’t have a father here right? But I’ve read from the previous thread that the queen was raped by yurgel with the consent of the king?! :blobdevil:so that’s why he looked a lot like yurgel. Please enlighten me:blobastonished:
    2. what’s the ending for sir alex and caesar?
    3. And Astrid is Ash right? Why does she have two names?
    4. If I’m reading the spoilers correctly, Cesar has two sisters and one was engaged with Klein but died right? Astrid was also a playmate/maid to that dead sister. That’s why after the sister died she was sent as a spy. But why in the recent chapters it seems like Cesar doesn’t know her and even hit her?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    cjburaira, Xi-hime and Jukki like this.
  2. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im confuse about the red hair duke, does he really love MC or just use her as replacement of his Lady ?cause from the manhwa It made me feel like that, like he just like her because she is the most closet to his lady and not really because of her character

3. sleepchaser

sleepchaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First off, I want to thank Gumiho and the rest of the contributors to the spoilers. Anyway, this post will be closer to a review of the WEBTOON, not novel, though it does contain some spoilers (that may have already been spoiled).

After reading 44(?) chapters of the webtoon and all the spoilers on this page, and despite the interest I had the beginning, I've personally come to the decision that I will drop the webtoon. No, it's not because of the queen's ending; I'll admit that I was very interested in her in the beginning due to how the author set the mystery up, but as time passed it was clear she was just a prop to the plot.

. What's making me drop this webtoon is what typically makes me drop most of them: boring paneling and obvious foreshadowing. I understand that both the author and the artist are to be blamed for this (and maybe their editor too for not pointing it out). What do I mean by "boring paneling?" By the way, I want to preface this by saying that the "Surviving as a Maid" webtoon is not the only one guilty of this. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Like most webtoons, obviously the panel is focused on the speaker when they talk. But why is the angle always straight and front-sided, or when the artist is feeling particularly frisky, a clear profile? There are other angles to be utilized to convey different feelings (E.g. an angle from someone's POV looking down which symbolizes confidence or the more on the nose "looking down"/contempt of the other party, or a POV from behind a bush to convey the feeling of being watched, either in reality or just by that character's perception.) No it's typically Character A talks while we look straight at the character, then the panel switches to Character B while they're talking. Also, so many panels with exposition and talking! It comes to the point where I question whether I'm reading a comic or a novel.

An example of obvious foreshadowing was the black ribbon Seiya tied to MC's wrist. The second that Count Klein asked for a keepsake of MC, I immediately thought of that ribbon, since nothing else of hers has been mentioned or focused on at that point. And guess what, I was right. Also, when the queen's sister mentioned how the prince didn't look like either the queen or king, it was like smacking the audience in the face that one of true parents of the prince was the concubine. It was wholly unnecessary since we clearly have eyes and can tell that both the king, queen, and queen's close relatives were brunettes... Things like this felt very cheap, as if the author was looking down on the audience's intelligence by thinking we'd be surprised by this. In my opinion, the queen's sister should never have said that, and there shouldn't be any internal monologue about it courtesy of Ash (at least I think I remember Ash pondering over those words or something similar in the webtoon).

All in all, there just isn't anything remarkable about the webtoon that would keep me hooked, nothing that makes this story stand out particularly besides the fked up actions of the OG main couple. Would I read this again if I had nothing to read? Probably not. To me, this webtoon is neither a cheap but fun face-slap/romdram, nor is it a more finely-crafted artistic kind of story. It's not even a satisfying slice-of-life time waster.

That isn't to say I'm not happy that some people enjoy the webtoon. Everyone has their own preferences and that's cool. I just wanted to write a review for those who have similar preferences as I do.

flowers_bloom, Jukki and your crush like this.
  4. MerryMerry

MerryMerry New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read up till chap 68 of the webtoon. If anyone is interested I can give brief spoilers.

hongturn2022 and cjburaira like this.
  5. Haloland

Haloland New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, i love mio, and I want to know if it is necessary for the webtoon to end the same and if the plot is the same as the novel

SaltMalt, CUEBEE5566, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  6. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter made me laugh. The white flowers the Count laid for the MC was cute but Mio was amazing. He just threw the bouquet away like trash. All is really fair in love and war. lol.

Jukki and flowers_bloom like this.
  7. cjburaira

cjburaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so sad that the spoiler provider Gumiho won't be replying anymore because I had much to say to them. I really agreed with their opinions and posts. I read all 15 pages of the previous thread and agreed with Gumiho's assessment of the story.

Spoiler Alert!!!!!!

Despite its shortcomings, I really really really LOVE this story. The MC was really fun & dynamic in my opinion. The plot was complicated and interesting too. I know a lot of people really liked the queen but personally my favorite in the whole manhwa is Ash/ Yoojin but I'm mostly curious about Astrid and her equation with Cesar Kasic.

My post will contain spoilers. I'm typing from my phone. I can't find the option to hide text. I apologize for this.

I know the side stories briefly touched upon it but I am so intrigued by the details.

I just can't stand that uppity loser. My blood boiled when he struck Ash with his walking stick. I can't believe that he couldn't recognize Astrid's body. Apparently this MF actually LIKED Astrid? Ew!!!

I was so afraid that Astrid (Ash's original soul) could've liked Klein (red head Duke) while he was dating his lady but fortunately she didn't like him (unrequited love is excruciating and it breaks my heart) but unfortunately homegirl was crushing on someone even WORSE than clueless Klein. I absolutely despise Cesar Kasic. In a way I am glad that Astrid's soul is gone and this loser will never find out what happened to the girl he apparently loved and he is the one responsible for it. I felt vindicated when Ash/Yoojin rebuffed him in the manhwa. Serves him right.

seekingsnow, angel20004 and Jukki like this.
  8. cjburaira

cjburaira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have so many thoughts regarding this manhwa that I don't know what to do with them. I read this with the thought of MC's survival & no romance in mind. That's why I could enjoy it. But if we have to talk about bonding then I must say my favorite part was Ash / Yoojin co parenting baby Michael with Mio. I love the bond between Mio and Ash.

9. RiRi Chan 2020

RiRi Chan 2020 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoile to me did the queen's baby remember fl when she returned?

10. Kana12

Kana12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone please tell me whether Klein's behaviour towards Ash will change or uuhh be more sincere or not?? Because it feels like he's being kind and trying to get close to Ash just because of her past relationship with his ex-fiancee right now... :'))

cjburaira and Azka Anees like this.
  11. Azka Anees

Azka Anees Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes...i was thinking the same....can someone tell please??

12. rubyizek

rubyizek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the exact question. So, Klein was doing all those lovey dovey stuff to MC (bringing flowers, kissing her hand, riding horse etc) while just seeing her as a 'normal friend' who brings back memory of his lady? Does he love Ash at this moment? He keeps on saying words as if implying he likes her. Which is rather shitty if his heart is with the silver hair lady.

cjburaira, CUEBEE5566 and Jukki like this.
  13. Gumiho

Gumiho Villainess Connoisseur ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. It's been over a year since I quit this thread only to peek in now since it showed up on main. Glad to see there were some who actually bother to read things before making their assessments, rather than just the parasites who latch on to contextless spoilers and their own made up conclusions to go around writing lengthy, angry reviews on the story page. It was all I was asking for really, contrary to what some people implied after I left. Then again reading comprehension is a weakness to a lot of people I've found so what can I do. I'm also learning a lot from other stuff I've spoiled, just how far the shit on these forums go lolol.

Also, Sleepchaser wrote of the webtoon being unappealing to them and I kind of agree. Something about the way the panelling is done with each chapter feels a bit dragged out. I binged after a break recently and was kinda surprised how little the story has progressed. Oh well.

I mean... Yes, because Yoojin's (MC) personality is completely different from Astrid (OC) and Ithica (Lady). The core group will eventually find out that Yoojin is an otherworlder and Klein is the first to follow her into Korea (pretty much immediately) despite knowing full well that Yoojin isn't even Ash and may even look completely different from the way he knows her. They have the most "direct" romance of the three.

Also Klein from what I remember wasn't in love with Astrid and Astrid actually didn't like him much when she was alive.

I'm not sure what he is feeling at the moment, but the one Klein falls in love with is definitely Yoojin.

Yoojin (MC) never goes back into the novel world. It is implied that she manages to come for Mio though when he was mortally wounded in his world but that is an inbetween space.

The baby doesn't remember much about the maid since he was a literal toddler, but he does retain a few interests because of her- namely he likes to touch smooth silky hair. Mio and Ciel would tell him stories but most other people pretty much forgot about her over time as she kept a low profile.

14. rubyizek

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading the season 2 finale, am I the only one who is shocked that she has feeling for Sir Seya?? I thought she sees him as a dear friend and tutor only.

Jukki likes this.
  15. SabbyBunny

SabbyBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anybody tell me why the brother of Ash's dead friend/master wants to find the magic circle? He hit her with his cane then showed a second of concern in another chapter.

cjburaira likes this.
  16. Gumiho

Gumiho Villainess Connoisseur ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    If it weren't for the ending I wouldn't be surprised. For now at least, Seiya's been the only one who actually cared for her mental well being. Since arriving in this world Seiya's ribbon has been the one thing that's been keeping her mind grounded even if everything felt off and foreign. He's also the few characters she thinks is straight / isn't obsessed with Yurigel.

He has a massive grudge against the queen.
    In this world the use of black magic is forbidden. Basically magic requires aptitude, but for those who can't naturally weild magic, they are still able to perform black magic at a destructive cost. The Queen had no favor with the King, so her nanny agreed to perform black magic to help her conceive of a son in hope to raise the Queen's status.

If this was brought to the public it would destroy the queen and her side of the family. He sent the original Astrid in as a spy to find evidence of black magic. Him and Astrid has complicated history but Ash doesn't have her memories and doesn't know anything.

cjburaira and Jukki like this.
  17. vijipooja

vijipooja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I AM REALLY CONFUSED, DOES MIO END WITH MC ??? OR HE JUST SACRIFICED HIMSELF FOR MC ??

DOES MIO END WITH MC OR NOT.I AM GOING CRAZY OVER THIS

18. CUEBEE5566

CUEBEE5566 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so I have read up to chapter 74 and still loving it. I didn't get bored binge reading although I often skim through KleinxAsh scenes.
    I still can't believe that Klein is the ML. They barely have interactions and when they do, it is mostly Klein being flirty and spouting these Cheesy lines, nothing interesting tbh
    This is my problem with novels like this, where they make the ML appear late and make his interaction with the FL too late - just when readers already got invested to someone else (like Dominic from PDBFVSS)
    I much prefer her and Sir Miyo, even the Wizard has more chemistry with her than Klein *sigh*
    I actually like the MC, her reactions at times really cracks me up.

I love how realistic she is, she just act - just how most of us will act if ever we got into another world - just be careful not to die and find a way to return to your real world.
    I love how she didn't suddenly turn into this great strategist and manipulator, she's just normal human.

I feel sorry for the Queen and honestly speaking, I wish they were able to change her fate. It's sad because the Queen seems fiercer back then but ended up not having interest to live.

But I love that at least Ash was able to give justice to the Queen, by having the bl couple gets punished instead of them living happily ever after.
    And yes, I think they got the worst punishment, if the spoiler is right and
    they got sent to prison camp or became war prisoner, can you imagine the suffering they will receive? The people in that jail hates them, they will definitely suffer for the rest of their life in that jail.
    I just really wish the romance part wasn't like that, if it's harem then they shouldn't have made her choose Klein and make the rest her platonic lovers - because that is how I honestly see their relationships.

The maid's death was unnecessary too. I wish they just killed pepe instead of the kind maid.

I am still curious if the Queen was raped or not.
    And Ash' relationship with the Lady.

So if Klein and the other guy were step brothers, that means the lady is also Klein's step sister that's why he loves her dearly.
    So he wasn't really using Ash as a substitute but still.But I still don't like him for Ash

From what I understand, Ash's blood accidentally got into the magic art so when the baby was born, her soul was taken and went into the baby - hence Yoonji got transmigrated into Ash body.

Therefore the real Ash' soul is inside the baby. And when the baby grew up he is fond of silk long straight hair - which is the opposite of Ash.
    He eventually marry a white haired girl. So I take it that Ash and the Lady got reunited.
    I just hope the baby is not immortal and wouldn't turn into another Yurigel.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  19. CUEBEE5566

CUEBEE5566 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently Mio didn't end up with Ash. The one Ash love is the red hair guy. Mio and the wizard stayed with the prince until he grows up. Then Wizard left and followed Ash. Mio still stayed with the prince but he died later on, before he died his sould met Ash. Ash asked him if he finally wants to come in her world but before he could answer, a light engulp them. So we do not know if Mio followed Ash or not.

I wonder who shot him though?

I just finished reading chapter 100 but I still don't understand why red hair is the ML. He and Ash barely have interaction and the ones they have seems boring and cheesy, with him doing nothing but say cheesy and flirtatious words.
    Ash has more chemistry with Mio and Wizard tbh.

I wish there is a book 2 and this time Queen should be the MC and given a second chance to change her future.

20. rubyizek

Reading List:
    Link
    How were they able to wait so long before going to MC's world? I mean, does MC's world moves at a much much slower pace than the novel world?