Discussion Swallowed Star is making me a nervous wreck

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by bbqs, Dec 28, 2017.

1. bbqs

bbqs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I started reading this just yesterday and OMG IET COULD YOU NOT HAVE SO MANY DEATH FLAGS FOR THE MC'S FAMILY?!?! There's just so much of it in succession and it's freaking me out!

"Family, I'm gonna go do this thing that'll make our lives better, I really hope nothing tragic happens right after I succeed... nice, I did it and nothing happened!"

"Oh, I passed the fighter exam, better call the family to inform them. What dad's not answering, oh well, it's not like he's in a life threatening situation... ok, some guys kicked him up but not really a big deal, he wasn't even hospitalized".

"Crap, I offended this rich a-hole, what if he uses his wealth and connections to deal with me or my family... well what do know, I became a fighter and now he's the one that crapping his pants because he offended me."

Will it eventually happen? Or is the MC's family protected by the thickest plot armors ever.

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    eventually they all die,

strayCat0 likes this.
  3. bluewolves

bluewolves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never read swallowed star, but IET loves drama.

4. genocidegrand

genocidegrand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    recent chapter swallowed star: luo feng killed 18 of his own grandkids and granddaughter

ElTorroLoco likes this.
  5. pepeoo

pepeoo high lord of the seven seas

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf y

6. fax_machine281

fax_machine281 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was 20

ElTorroLoco likes this.
  7. PervyPanda

PervyPanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The purpose of life is death.

8. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They were descendants after the 5th generation i believe, and the ones he killed were pretty fucking evil and deserved it, they had killed/tortured/raped/enslaves so many people.

He had to judge 21 including his father but not all died, ofcourse he found his dad innocent (Not sure why the company thought he wouldn't, the dad had no knowledge of what happened)

elengee likes this.
  9. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You all just posting shit without context so he might get the wrong idea.

"eventually they die" well that must be wayy past the translated parts because up to latest release they are all ok his parents and his brother are fine and they look like they gonna live a while.

As for the recent killing the context is they are extended family after it became a super family where there are a shit ton of lineages and he is made aware that some of his great great many generations kids are doing some shady shit so he judges them to death or imprisonment.

As for OP, you shouldn't worry too much, if you've read ST then its something similar, family kinda fades away and comes into focus wayy after and they are kinda ok because MC is super.

elengee likes this.
  10. bbqs

bbqs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the bait and switch death flags?

Does it continue?

Will he make a war buddy who will retire after this last mission to move back to his hometown to marry his childhood sweetheart and open a bakery and a) he dies like a normal person b) he finishes the mission and does all that.

Doesn't have to be his family, maybe friends or lovers too.

11. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    On the long run, IET's mc will forgot his familiy

12. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he become Sector Lord or Immortal to have grandkids clan?

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally a constructive comment. It only took this forum two years. :blob_pompom:

14. arahera

arahera Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    uhm... he finishes missions and it will become bigger and bigger.
    Yes, he does marry her
    He will not be stuck on earth like a normal person, he will travel the universe and further...

15. kyuukestu

kyuukestu 『Q』『Vampyre Imperatrix』

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, well IET usually kills of his MC's family. Stellar Transformations, Coiling Dragon, Desolate Era all their family members (at least the parents) end up dying at some point in time. I haven't gotten that far in the new novel(Young Lord Xue Ying?) so I'm not sure if the trend continued, and I haven't read swallowed star yet.

16. Megajoke

Megajoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading this around volume 10 chapter 3 , when the assassin guy told his family he is going to train for 20,000 years. So what chapter would that be on Qidan?

17. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys are giving blatant spoilers, just answer his question... no need to spoil it. Answer his worries and let him choose his own path, this way he can experience dao instead himself, instead of giving him fabricated dao that can crumble at a single whim.
    How can one go on the path of dao if he or she does not struggle and experience things on his own to forge his will and dao heart?

Young one, relax. This novel has some dark parts but overall... it is not too tragic that your dao heart will break. Compared to other of the author's work or worlds, this is tame. His wife is all good and his parents are all kicking around.
    So, fret not and take the risk in order to grow and enjoy the path ahead. I do not have clairvoyance or can predict the future(can't read raws) but so far, I consider the path of this novel with struggles but overall pretty lighthearted. I love Hong and Thundergod... man, those guys are one of the coolest old guys in fiction.

Edit: What I am saying, be vague like a mysterious grandmaster that you randomly meet on the road that no one pays attention to. Thus, like a humble grandmaster hint with vagueness and soothe the heart of this young dao cultivator.

18. mitre27

mitre27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn you're right, i thought he was asking this question after reading the latest chapters since it showed how much he valued his family lol.

defry likes this.
  19. bbqs

bbqs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really mind spoilers since I literally just started yesterday and by the time I get the spoilery parts I'll probably forget I read them here since there's no context right now.

But even if that's not the case, I'm not the type who hates spoilers anyway.

20. gggo

gggo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read Swallowed Star yet, now I'm certain I wouldn't in the future.