Swallowed Star Main Character is an Asshole (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by DavidKim, Nov 23, 2018.

1. DavidKim

DavidKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read my fair share of IET novels (ie. CD, LXY, DE, etc), but never have I seen an IET main character that's so inconsistent/hypocritical as Luo Feng from Swallowed Star. First arc of the novel, he's a great dude that just wants to save his home planet earth. He talks on and on about how what a terrible fate it would be for humans on earth to be slaughtered and enslaved by other races and how people who do that are scum. 100-200 chapters later, he's on another planet killing "aboriginals" to collect some stones, lol, wtf happened to you ??

Now I would have just ended it with calling him hypocritical at this point, but the weird thing is, a few hundred chapters later, he goes in depth into how and why he would never kill people who are innocent and haven't done evil deeds where he's tested by the organization he's under on his morals/character. Honestly I've never been so baffled by a main character's personality in an IET novel before. What on earth was IET on when writing this novel? I honestly was gonna pretend this shit didn't happen and keep reading since everything else is fine, but now he's on some other world and does the same shit. Jesus.

Sorry this post was all over the place, but I'm pretty disappointed about this.

2. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's just say that sometimes the novels reflect what their authors are like LOL

LF is like an ultra nationalist, he loves his country greatly, and slightly behind them are people from his planet in general, everyone else (that hasn't helped or saved him) is just a random he doesn't mind slaughtering for treasure.

3. DavidKim

Reading List:
    Link
    The weird thing is that none of his other novels that I read have this. Linley, Ji Ning, etc have always been pretty consistent and at least in my memory never have gone as far as Luo Feng.

4. Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he kill not random people, but those who by default had orders and acted to kill "all foreigners from outside the planet"? Those blood warriors and leaders were kind of quite brutal towards everyone, Iirc.

5. SilverxCalibur

SilverxCalibur ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Lou Feng even killed the maids because they saw him. That was unnecessary though because not only can lou feng change his shape, he also has the ability to erase memories.

DavidKim likes this.
  6. DavidKim

Reading List:
    Link
    He goes to a bartender asks him which people are the most likely to have blood crystals. Finds out which clan it is, goes there and just massacres like 300 of them lol. And yea later on he just goes on a killing spree going to every major city and killing their leader for blood crystals. None of this was provoked.

7. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised you haven't gotten to the part where he was required to judge and punish his family members on their crimes as a mission from the organisation.

Everyone but his father got punished. He didn't even reprimand his dad or anything, and expect aliens to uphold "chinese confucian crap" because they are the best moral value ever /s.

SilverxCalibur likes this.
  8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recall Ji Ning killing innocent people resulting in having karmic fire in his body. Perhaps it was Qin Yu? Too long; too distant are the cosmos memories.

Kurolo-Lite likes this.
  9. DavidKim

Reading List:
    Link
    That one wasn't as bad since it was said his father didn't actually do anything. People with bad intentions encouraged his dad to make a guild in the virtual game and started using the Luo family's name to provoke/kill others but his dad didn't know that any of that stuff was going on. Later on there's a scene where his dad's pretty shocked/suprised about it.
    The other people of the clan that got punished were directly involved with their crimes.

10. DavidKim

Reading List:
    Link
    I could be wrong, but I think the innocent people he killed were unintentional, they died from like the shockwaves of the battle he was having. I don't exactly remember. But yea that's bad too but it's alot different from Luo Feng who's intentionally killing innocent people.

11. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was not unintentional. I can't recall which MC did it, but definitely not Linely since that universe doesn't have karmic laws yet. All I remember that MC chose to kill his enemy at the cost of innocent lives being held hostage.

12. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    that novel went to shit the instant it went to space

13. Ryan_Oliver

Ryan_Oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was when the guy of the "young flame clan" or something of the like, used his on people trapped in independent space treasure, and throwed them at Ji Ning to make him fall on karmic flames, I remember it was 10000 or something

DavidKim likes this.
  14. DavidKim

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found the thing you were talking about it's in Vol 15 / Chapter 31. It was unintentional. The enemy throws all his treasures at Ji Ning in a last ditch effort to survive. Ji Ning slams the treasures with his palm and one of those treasures happen to hold like 10 billion mortals.

15. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but Dad here did play an indirect role, which makes him a accomplice. I think that at the very least, a public reprimand is warranted in lieu of the scale of damage done. Execution can be too far, but there needs to be something done.

16. DavidKim

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea you're right, some mild punishment would have been better. But I didn't think too much of it, since it seemed to pale in comparison to when he just slaughters random people who didn't do anything bad to him.

17. BlaszczeM

BlaszczeM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause they're not from China, and don't live in China. lol. Linley lives in a fictional plane, Ji Ning, although a reincarnator, also lives in a fictional world.

18. Maru

Maru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. IICreation

IICreation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is kinda obvious as luo feng only considers the original people on earth as the same as him aka everything else who do not posses a close relationship to him can die if he gets stronger

20. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is, he doesn't consider people that arent from "his side"(quote marks due to how shady that actually is) people, they are essentially just generic bad guys so he can level. Even if that means he is hypocrite and horrible person.

Personally I stopped reading CN altogether due to how much that stuff appears in them. When the mc is "good guy" he ends up being scumbag, when he is scumbag, he is even worse scumbag.

Tl;Dr he is hypocritical scumbag, you could argue that he got corrupted by power, but since it's CN, I'd go with just scumbag.

Leilacus likes this.