Spoiler Sweetie, Sweetie, Sweetie

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Chizuru, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Chizuru

Chizuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: Sweetie, Sweetie, Sweetie
    Associated Names: 스위티, 스위티, 스위티
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sweetie-sweetie-sweetie/
    Raws: https://ridibooks.com/books/845027511?_s=search&_q=스위티,+스위티,+스위티&_rdt_sid=search&_rdt_idx=0

Synopsis:
    The contract marriage partner of the supporting villain got possessed by me. The gods are raging to save the world, but their stamina, strength, and agility have no status window as 1.

I followed the cliché of the possession and pretended to have lost my memory, but the supporting role of the villain started looking at me with strange eyes.

“As you claim to have lost your memory, everything you have done so far is unwritten and unanswered.”

I pretended to be close with the supporting role of the villain so that he wouldn’t go down the villain route, but this time as well, he started seeing me with those strange eyes.

“I don’t know what’s going on in the baron’s little, round head.”

At the end—

“We’re holding hands, so I don’t have to save my face in front of you.”

Grand Prince, we’re just in a relationship only to get married smoothly and then get divorced smoothly.

lostross, Tad1989, ErryChu and 5 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. ulzzter

ulzzter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing this post reminds me that this recently got completed!!!
    I'll be back with some MTL

Riev, anina45, Glutton idiot and 2 others like this.
  4. sinyoalex

sinyoalex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel has 5 volumes

5. NovelHopper

NovelHopper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh im itching to read some spoilers. Kind souls, please feed us spoiler.

Veryhungryreader likes this.
  6. LaRue

LaRue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers for this please. How are the leads fall in love?

7. novelhime

novelhime Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would love spoilers!! thank you so much!!

mikamikazuki likes this.
  8. mikamikazuki

mikamikazuki New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need some spoiler from other reader !
    i read this until chapter 13 , i love the story , i want to know more !

9. Kim Sam

Kim Sam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please :aww::blobcozy::blobcozy:

10. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a humble request. Not everyone has the capacity to understand MTL (aka, me) so I ask... please somebody, some kind soul here, please share summaried spoilers instead of actual MTL. Please for all that is good and pure.

11. stefasa

stefasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I MADE A SUMMARY OF THE NOVEL

:blobparty:(COMPLETE!!!!) (Sorry it took so long....I've been translating two other Korean BL series....Apologies) :blobparty:

(I'm starting the summaries from the point where Eugene faints in the Church)

**The people of Heinskan were celebrating the return of a sword missing for 300 years. However, Alexis received a report from Yol, the Duke's intelligence officer, revealing that the king was behind the church attack that had caused Eugene to faint. Alexis concluded that the king could use this incident as an opportunity for the Duke’s family to have a rebellion. Alexis decided to make it so Viscount Lukenath(Heidmillan’s father) would meet with an unfortunate accident on his way home.

**News that Viscount Lukenath died in a carriage accident, while Heidmillan was seen drunk on drugs and alcohol with several of his teeth and two fingers missing. Eugene met Alexis in the afternoon. Eugene stated that they had something important to talk about. As Eugene said that Alexis got on one knee towards Eugene and said that he would become the Baron’s greatest ally. As he was grateful for Eugene finding the sword, Alexis ended the conversation saying that they had to go to the Capital to meet the king

**Eugene was on a train to go to the Capital, The king's royal decree came, officially telling Alexis and Eugene to go to the Palace for the marriage permit. The next day, they met the king, after giving their greeting. The king greets them with open arms and asks Eugene if he wanted to marry the Duke. Eugene says, he does, (the king wanted Eugene to be nervous or scared so that the king would have an excuse to not have them be married). The king claimed still didn’t want to verified the marriage permit. Alexis then stated, marriage was a family's exclusive right. He said that He and Alexis needed special permission from the king because they were both male, but that was just a formality to save the king's face.The King, who had had a friendly face until now, could be seen to be embarrassed. He had done something. He smiled kindly and promised to send a marriage license soon. But as the day passed, the marriage license did not arrive to Alexis

**Since the king did not permit the marriage, Alexis decided that he would get a priest to do it instead. He was the archbishop of the Kingdom of Kinhal. The Archbishop's influence could not be ignored when it came to marriage. **the wedding began immediately.with Ryan, Ludvina attending. The archbishop gave his blessing to the couple to lead a married life with faith and love for each other. Eugene and Alexis swore before God that they would be faithful to each other, exchanged rings, and wrote each other's names on the vows. With that, the marriage ceremony was completed.

**Following the wedding was the reception. The grand banquet held in the hall of the mansion was a traditional Northern style.** There was no elegant music or dancing. However, a mountain of food was piled on the large table in the middle of the hall. Since it was a wedding that was not announced to anyone, the only people who attended the reception were the knights of the Ibulaon. As the night deepened, Alexis and Eugene were the first to leave. The call to have a good night echoed behind the two people. Eugene asked Alexis as he left the hall. If they were sleeping together tonight Robert and Sheaden, who were following the two, stopped breathing in their own way, but Eugene did not notice. He thought they might not sleep together, he wanted to check first, just in case. Alexis answered quickly and simply. Alexis said they would. Eugene replied okay. Eugene nodded his head without thinking. If they had to sleep together, we could sleep together**

**Eugene rolled around on the bed trying to sleep. Robert floated a lot of flower petals in the bath water and ended up smearing them all over his body. Eugene moved his body,it smelled like sweet cake. Eugene was yawning loudly to catch some sleep when I heard the door open. When Eugene glanced, he saw Alexis. Eugene asked him which side he wanted to sleep on. Alexis said on the other side of Eugene, when Alexis saw Eugene laying on the bed he felt more desire then sleeping. Alexis wanted to just sleep off his desire, but Eugene stopped that. Alexis, lying on his back facing the ceiling, felt Eugene turn his body towards him. Every time Eugene moved, his sweet scent filled him. I'm going crazy. Alexis cursed under his breath. He had never imagined his patience would be tested in this way. Eugene, who had declared that he was going to sleep now, dozed off and straightened his posture. And not long after, the sound of regular breathing rang out. Alexis, who had remained motionless in the same lying position until then, only after confirming that Eugene was completely asleep, raised his hand to cover his face and sat up. His sigh came out spontaneously. Because the lights were kept on to a minimum, only the outline of Eugene's face was visible. But that made his white skin and delicate lines stand out even more. The urge to stroke that cheek and the desire to embrace him in my arms arose. It wasn't surprising that the lust that had been thought to be gone had bloomed again. It wasn't that it was unbearable.Alexis looked at Eugene again. His peacefully sleeping, all kinds of emotions were mixed up. I knew this wasn't just a crush or lust. He wasn't yet full of what he could call affection. But I wanted to shake the heart of the thoughtless Eugene. In particular, he had to be as embarrassed and conscious as he was. Once he set his goal like that, his mind became clear. Unlike before, Alexis lay down with a defiant mind. It will be different tomorrow morning.**Eugene heard a knock at the door, signaling the impending sunrise. While lying in bed, he recollected the previous day's events. Alexis gave his morning greeting and the offer of tea. Eugene added more sugar to his teacup as he enjoyed it sweet, leisurely sipping the black tea. Alexis then offered him some bread, which he declined, Alexis suggested that he should rest more if he was tired. Alexis, who had just grabbed the handle of the door leading to the Archduke's bedroom, turned his head to look this way instead of opening the door, and our eyes met. Eugene looked at the man who had stopped moving and asked with his eyes what was going on. Then Alexis' lips touched his cheek and then fell. Eugene wasn't too embarrassed. Eugene said if this was a morning greeting and said if he should do this too. Alexis said he didn’t have to and said he felt sad that he didn’t get a greeting back. Eugene said they were close now anyway and didn’t mind. Eugene asked him to bow his head down slightly. Alexis bowed his waist as Eugene said. Eugene's lips very lightly touched his left cheek and then fell. Shall we go now, Alexis achieved his goal and politely opened the door. His ears turned red,**

**In the novel, the king subjected Alexis to various forms of harassment. When Alexis chose to construct a mountain road instead of obeying the king's orders, he eventually had to kneel before the king and pledge allegiance. Alexis could have resisted further, but Count Lito took control of Alexis's relatives who supported Northern independence, leaving him no choice but to submit to the king's will. The epidemic struck, and medicinal herbs essential for treatment did not naturally grow in the north. Despite the king's efforts to acquire them, individuals like Ryan and Ludvina succumbed to the disease. Alexis reluctantly accepted the role of a villain, carrying out the king's unreasonable demands during the winter. Over time, he realized the king had stolen Keslan herbs intended for the North, prompting him to side with Christopher. Eugene, recalling these events from the novel, enjoyed a lemon-flavored cake while feeling a mix of sweetness and sourness.**

**The next day, Eugene, Alexis, Ryan, Ludvina were at a racecourse for horses. The day before, Eugene asked Alexis if they could go watch the horse as he had never seen them race before. Eugene wanted to go as originally in the novel, an incident happened where a fanatic attacked the racecourse and the heroine Dagona appeared there. Eugene wanted to see this incident himself and help the innocent civilians from the demonic fanatics. Hence why they were here today. While watching the horse race, Ryan was excited as he won and bet on one of the horses. Eugene drank the prepared champagne in one go and slowly looked at the audience again. Then he found shiny silver hair in the standing seats on the first floor. The female protagonist. Dagona Ciel Luwinsk. A wizard with silvery hair, as if dyed by moonlight, and mysterious violet eyes. With just the sight of her back, her loosely braided hair, one could instantly recognize her. Eugene eagerly anticipated the moment when Alexis would meet Dagona because he had fallen for her originally in the novel. Suddenly a yelling was heard, Eugene, who was sitting in the auditorium on the third floor, immediately found the space vacated by other people.That was when Alexis grabbed Eugene's shoulder and pulled him back. At that time, Dagona jumped on the wooden fence that separated the stadium from the audience.Alexis also jumped down the third floor in one go as he swung Infertian. Alexis made the fanatic lose his sword in just three moves. And without delay, he plunged the Infertian into the fanatic's heart. It happened in less than 10 seconds.Alexis, who defeated the fanatic and the demon beast, was treated as a hero at the racetrack. Alexis, Eugene, Ludvina, and Ryan each rode in a carriage and headed to the temple.**

**The next day, the newspaper was filled with Alexis being praised as a hero for the incident. Eugene, who was leisurely eating lunch and checking his newspaper. When Alexis was called a hero, he felt proud. Now he is no longer a supporting villain, but a hero that everyone applauds. Alexis and Dagona's first meeting was dull. It was impossible to know what they were talking about, the conversation itself was very short. After briefly saying a few words, Alexis turned around and returned to the audience.

** Soon, it was the queen’s party. Since Alexis was the head of the Knights of Ivyulaon, it was not against etiquette to wear a uniform. He also carried Infertian as well. Finally, he wrapped himself in a ceremonial cloak. Although the outfit was quite ostentatious, Alexis was quite satisfied. Eugene, who looked like an angel in a painting when his mouth was closed, looked more put together than ever. Her neatly combed hair made her face look younger than her age.
    Alexis looked at Eugene from head to toe. He gave the brooch, ring, buttons, and cuff links as gifts all from himself. In particular, the emerald brooch that fixed the stock matched well with Eugene's light green eyes. Are you here, Eugene got up from his chair and approached me with a happy expression on his face. Alexis also smiled, looking at Eugene with a smile on his face. The grand banquet hall of the royal palace, with its splendid chandeliers shining, was dazzlingly gorgeous. The banquet hosted by the queen herself for debutante ladies was one of the most important social events. The attendees of the banquet were all famous nobles in the kingdom. While Eugene and Alexis were sitting down, Eugene saw Dagona and Aexis caught Eugene staring at her. Alexis remembered Eugene had a thing for Shiny hair. And Alexis lamented the fact that his hair was black. Soon Dagona and a man made their way toward Alexis and Eugene. While greeting each other. Alexis spoke in a cold voice towards Dagona. Dagona was unaffected and maintained a gentle smile. She bowed politely and walked away, Eugene wanted to scold Alexis when suddenly, the grand banquet hall was in a state of commotion. Eugene, as well as Alexis and Ludvina, turned their heads to follow the people's gaze. A large man was seen at the entrance to the grand banquet hall. Duke Nasserad. It was Christopher, He was forced to leave the palace and returned as a war hero.Christopher was a classically handsome man. In the novel, he was described as the embodiment of the sun, shining like unwrinkled sunlight. Christopher entered the banquet hall with his entourage and headed straight to the queen. He was a royal, and it was right for him to be the first to greet the queen. The queen then gave a short speech about the Mirror Forest Hunting Competition that would be open this year. Eugene quickly looked at Alexis and Christopher standing on either side of the Queen's lower tier. Black and gold. The expressions of the two men, whose colors contrasted sharply, were starkly different. Unlike Christopher, who was smiling softly, Alexis was stiff.

**What a great night. Eugene looked around and cursed under his breath. When entering the gate of the residence of Grand Duke Ivillaon a royal servant was waiting at the Grand Duke's residence. She said it was a gift from the Queen in advance and presented her box on a velvet cushion to Alexis. Suddenly when opening the box, at that moment the place changed. **It was an imitation dungeon."Eugene. Go further back. Before Alexis could finish speaking, a new person appeared in the middle of the room. While Eugene was aware of his presence, Alexis swung his sword. Before he could take a single breath, Infertian's blade touched the nape of the new person's neck. Eugene couldn't do anything because it happened so quickly. Red uniform and blonde hair. It was definitely Christopher. After a moment, Alexis slowly pulled back the sword held at Christopher's neck. But he did not sheath it. Trying to ease the tension Eugene introduced himself and explained the situation on how they got here. They agree to work together until they exit the dungeon. The three headed to the boss room. The final boss was a large bear and some of its minions. After defeating the final boss, they had to destroy the dugeon’s core to get out, the core was a winged snake decoration. When the core shattered it landed on Eugene’s leg injuring him. Suddenly Eugene and Alexis appeared in front of the knights that were looking for them. Alexis ordered them to get a doctor for Eugene.

**Christopher opened his eyes to the shock of a slap to the face. He immediately recognized the outline of Dagona's face. She looked just like she did at the Queen's party, shining like a moon goddess. Christopher asked how much time passed and Dagona said two hours. Christopher told Dagona what happened in the dungeon while laughing**

** When Eugene woke up he felt fear of how weak he was and couldn't compare to the main characters. He wanted to go to sleep When he heard a knock on the door, it was Alexis. Eugene and Alexis talked a bit before leaving** Some days later, Dagona visited the Duke house, she came in a disguise with brown hair instead of her silver hair. She greeted Alexis and Eugene polity, Alexis responded coldly as he accepted her request to visit him. Dagona started to pitch her items to Alexis for Eugene. The suitable item for Eugene was a ring that allows you to transform into an animal. Eugene tried to put mana into the ring when the ring glowed. And the sound out of Eugene’s mouth as not human**Eugene transformed into an elegant cat with ivory fur. The tips of both ears and the tip of the tail were pink, so it had the same color as Eugene. According to Dagona's explanation, he would automatically return to his normal appearance after a day. Alexis threatened her that better be the case and Dagona left. Alexis carried Eugene in his arms as Eugene had a hard time walking. Eugene spent all day in Alexis' room. It was a very pleasant day and the crisis came at night.** While Eugene was getting ready for bed, he felt scared of how everything around him was larger than himself.**When Alexis returns back from his shower, he finds Eugene on his bed. Alexis with his hair down asks Eugene if he wants to sleep down here tonight. Eugene responds by rubbing his head on Alexis’s hand. Eugene was acting cute so Alexis would be pleased. Alexis sighed and thought that Eugene was naked right now in his cat form**Eugene suddenly woke up, he reflexively raised his right hand. Eugene, excited with joy, lifted his arm and confirmed his appearance. But Alexis who woke up had a strange reaction. He let out an uncharacteristically loud sigh and covered his face with his hands. Eugene asked what was wrong, Alexis immediately stood up. Alexis turned around, showing his back to Eugene and gave a gown to Eugene. While Alexis was walking Eugene back to his room, Eugene stumbled on his long gown and grabbed Alexis’s arm. Alexis told Eugene to hold on and carried Eugene in his arms. After leaving Eugene in his room, Alexis turned around to leave. Eugene asked him if he was angry, instead of answering Alexis placed his lips on Eugene’s. Alexis said he won’t ask for his forgiveness and said he wasn’t angry, Eugene’s appearance was just too stimulating and that he lacked patience and wanted to do something more.Eugene came to his senses and Alexis came to his face again. This time, instead of his lips, a soft touch touched his cheek and then fell. See you later, Alexis let go of his hand and turned around. Eugene was embarrassed and didn't notice that Alexis's ears were turning red. He instead watched blankly as Alexis disappeared into his room.**The next day, Eugene went to Alexis’s office to ask him if he liked him. Alexis replied that if he did confess he would be rejected so he won’t. Eugene would reject him so he didn’t say anything. Alexis then said he wouldn’t touch him, without his content. But he wanted Eugene to be aware of his feelings. Eugene thought to himself, that b/c of him the novel has changed, Alexis didn’t like Dagona but him. The original Eugene would have died, so it was a natural buttery effect.

**Alexis was on his way to meet Christopher. When Alexis first saw Christopher he asked him if wanted a war against the king, as Christopher wanted to be king instead. Christopher replied he needed the support of Alexis. Alexis ignored him and said what he knew about the mage the king is hiding. The mage who sent Alexis, Eugene and Christopher to the Dungeon, Christopher had a feeling that attracting Alexis would not be easy.**

**The day of the hunting competition hosted by the queen began with clear skies. The members of the Ilyuraon Ducal House, including Alexis, Eugene, Ludvina, and Ryan, were all present. Since the queen had not yet arrived at the forest, Eugene quickly spotted the king and, amid the retinue, recognized Count Lito, who was standing quietly. Lastly, he noticed Lord Eslant, the commander of the royal knights. All the characters who would be labeled as antagonists were gathered in one place. On the other side, Christophis and Dagona could also be seen. The protagonists stood out among the crowd of people.**Count Lito met Hydemilan and turned him into a demonic fanatic. Hydemilan ran into the mirror forest to kill Alexis** Alexis ventured into the Mirror Forest and captured a blue stag less than an hour after entering. He soon sensed something running towards him and spotted Hydemilan. After killing him, Alexis was injured on his arm, demonic energy entering his wound was dangerous. Due to the curse his arm wouldn’t stop bleeding. Alexis was going to cut his left arm. Eugene felt emotional and wanted to cry. Suddenly divine power was overflowing from Eugene. After healing Alexis arm, Eugene lost consciousness**The carriage, traveling at its maximum speed, arrived at the townhouse of Duke Ibyuraon after about half an hour. Alexis carefully lifted the unconscious Eugene, wrapped in his cloak, out of the carriage. While Alexis's cloak concealed Eugene's appearance, it couldn't hide the divine power that still surrounded him. Alexis carried Eugene to his bed and kissed his cheek**The next day Alexis came to Eugene's room and showed him his now healed arm. After talking the conversation ended with Eugene lightly kissing Alexis's cheek.

***The next day. Eugene attended a concert held at Lady Huseck's townhouse. Which the queen would be attending. While sitting down Eugene opened his status window and saw that he had a luck stat of 92. Eugene was thinking that he had to save the world with his strengths and considered that he might as well give it a shot with Alexis as he was catching feelings for him. Eugene thought again about his sexual preferences, when he heard a voice in his head. It was Dagona, it was a one-way communication device that allowed his to speak to someone without receiving a response. The reason Dagona was talking to Eugene was that she suspected he was like his, someone who knew the future. Dagona remembered her past life when the world was on the brink of destruction. Eugene brought Castlean herbs ahead of time before the epidemic could occur this autumn. Dagona was sure of it, that was why she boldly talked to Eugene and received a silent confirmation. The announcement of the queen's arrival made Dagona check towards the entrance, cutting the one-way conversation off. Eugene and Alexis were about to leave the party to go to the bookstore, when they were told that the queen wanted to meet Eugene and Ludvina(Alexis’s mother). While the Queen, Eugene, Ludvina and two maids present were conversing. The Queen suddenly stabbed herself repeatedly with a small thin knife she hid in her hand. As the queen pierced herself multiple times in rapid succession, blood sprayed uncontrollably onto his splendid evening gown.Caught off guard by the unforeseen situation, Eugene remained frozen, unable to utter a sound. Ludvina, who had undergone knight training, was the first to react when she realized the situation.Eugene barely regained composure when he heard the agonizing scream. Simultaneously with the scream, Queen Hieranseia hurled the knife towards Eugene. The queen collapsed. A moment too late, the maidservants rushed to Queen Hieranseia and cried out in shock.The maidservants' cries brought forth the knights who were guarding the entrance. A knight who quickly grasped the situation shouted. Who was responsible and one of the maids said it was Eugene. The bloodied knife lay at his feet, and his face, gloves, and clothes were splattered with blood, making his appearance guilty. This was an orchestrated trap**

**Eugene was taken to an underground prison, Alexis thought to himself that escaping with Eugene wasn’t a problem but escaping with Eugene, Ludvina, and Ryan safely out of the capital was uncertain. Eugene told Alexis he had a way to prove his innocence, Alexis talked to the king who wanted Alexis to give him a mine and swear loyalty and Duke Naserad life to free Eugene. Alexis refused and told the king he would wait for the trial

**In the cold prison Eugene used divine power to heat himself up, when Dagona came to free Eugene. Eugene told Dagona he would prove his innocence at the trial.**Two days later, Eugene's trial took place, and Alexis believed he would be declared innocent. During the trial, two of the queen's maids testified that Eugene had stabbed the queen. Rudvina, a witness, claimed she hadn't seen the crime. Eugene then took the stand and requested a solemn affirmation, a divine oath that would strip his powers if he lied. The judge, Edward Shokan, was skeptical, but as Eugene made the oath, a burst of golden light erupted, stunning everyone present. Eugene had harnessed divine power, which left the audience in awe. The radiance was a manifestation of divine power, silencing the spectators. It was a powerful and unexpected display of divine energy, something usually associated with saints or angels. The judge was left in shock as he asked Eugene if he was innocent, Eugene replied that he was. The judge ruled that he was innocent and Eugene was set free. In anger Joseph(son of Count Lito) released one of the curses he had been holding, with devotion to his great Master the nameless demon*

** As darkness fell, a deafening thunderclap tore through the world. Alexis, who had been celebrating Eugene's release, instinctively turned his head to the sky to check. At that moment, Eugene, still staring through the window, could read the murmurs from his lips. Eugene said not now, Alexis didn't understand what Eugene was saying. Instead, an inexplicable chill passed through his chest. Not now? Eugene gazed at the darkened sky and desperately tried to recall his memories. There was a scene like this in the novel. Alexis told Eugene to stay here with Ludvina and ran outside. Eugene told Ludvina that he had to go outside as he had something to do. Ludvina agreed to let Eugene go as she was with him.**The aggressive corpses attacking the area began to move sluggishly. Alexis, who had severed the arms and legs of the corpses, swiftly retreated to create some distance. The demonic power attempted to reattach the severed limbs to the corpses. Eugene closed his eyes and focused on his determination. He wanted to assist Alexis and the suffering knights while preventing the people of Ust from living in fear due to the reanimated dead. In response to his intense plea, a surge of immense power welled up within him. Eugene reopened his eyes and estimated the distance. He extended his divine power over Mastique Park, focusing on purification. The demonic power of the reanimated corpses, began to glow as if golden sprouts were growing. The sprouts quickly grew into lush grass, covering the park. This blessing and purification extended far and wide, causing the reanimated dead to slow down significantly in their movements. Eugene smiled with satisfaction, recognizing that he couldn't defeat villains with a mere flick of his finger but could now counteract demonic power with his divine abilities. Eugene looked up and saw the dark clouds were disappearing,We're alive Alexis's heightened senses caught the voices of relieved knights and saw Eugene lay in Ludvina's arms, collapsed. Without needing to ask who had performed the miracle, it was evident. Some people in front of the court were kneeling and praying for Eugene. Alexis was suddenly filled with fear. The stories of martyred saints who wielded great power and their legends abounded. Although Eugene had previously used divine power and collapsed only to recover, this time was different. Alexis took off his cloak, then enveloped Eugene and lifted him up. Eugene, with divine power flowing like dust, felt impossibly light in Alexis's arms.**

**After waking up, Eugene finds himself in an unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar ceiling, bewildered about how long he's been asleep. Realizing it's late October and there's an epidemic happening, he gets concerned about the Black Nightmare and the shortage of Kesselan herbs to treat it. Eugene feels relieved that he stocked up on herbs, ensuring he could help people. Alexis, however, has an unusual demeanor and questions Eugene about the Black Nightmare's spread. He showing disdain for seers and prophets like Eugene. Alexis becomes certain about Eugene's abilities and the impending disaster. Alexis harbors a deep-seated hatred for prophets and seers, stemming from his father, the late Duke Eibrion's obsession with prophecies and divinations. Duke Eibrion chased Alexis away after he was cursed by an unnamed demon. This curse led Alexis to Heinskahn for succession training, which included rigorous training and the necessity of cultivating patience, all due to the influence of the self-proclaimed prophet. After Alexis took over as Duke, he despised prophecies and charlatans, especially those who deceived people by posing as prophets. Several charlatans who claimed to be prophets approached him, making predictions about natural occurrences like heavy snowfall, only to be exposed as frauds and sentenced to hard labor when their predictions came true. Alexis developed a genuine loathing for those referred to as prophets and wished for their disappearance from the world. When he found the unconscious Eugene and contemplated his fate, Alexis struggled with the decision. The months of doubt finally found an answer: he couldn't bring himself to harm Eugene. As he looked into Eugene's harmless emerald green eyes and recognized that Eugene had not asked anything of him and that their interactions had benefited him, his heart wavered. Despite his resistance to believe that Eugene was a prophet blessed by the gods, he couldn't deny the miracles performed by Eugene. A visceral hatred consumed Alexis, and he had to contain the surging rage within, fearing he might harm Eugene if they continued facing each other like this.

**Alexis, upon realizing that Eugene might know about the future, acted impulsively and told him that he would make arrangements for Eugene to leave Heinskahn Castle, and they would not meet again. He walked away without looking back, leaving Eugene behind. Eugene was left trying to comprehend the situation and his impulsive departure. He attempted to follow Alexis but was stopped when Alexis turned and said he despised those who claimed to know the future, which explained his decision to have Eugene leave. Eugene comprehended the source of Alexis's anger and understood that his aversion to prophets and seers was rooted in his past experiences. Eugene couldn't help but feel sadness about the sudden change in Alexis's attitude, as he had expressed affection, kissed him, and promised to stand by his side. Eugene struggled with his emotions, ultimately deciding not to argue with Alexis or cling to someone who didn't like him. He acknowledged the impracticality of their relationship, considering his eventual return to Earth after the quest was over. Despite his determination not to cry, Eugene couldn't help but shed tears. Frustration at the unexpected turn of events and his suppressed feelings for Alexis overwhelmed him. However, he resolved to take revenge and decided that he would dislike Alexis from now on.** Eugene, determined to leave Heinskahn Castle on his terms, chose not to wait for Alexis to arrange his departure. He informed Robert that he had a fight with Alexis and was leaving the castle. This decision surprised and bewildered Robert, who started packing according to Eugene's instructions. Eugene decided to move to a mansion in Hainscan city and made preparations for this transition. In the meantime, Shiseden handed Alexis a message card from Eugene. Alexis, who was still recovering from the aftermath of a battle, initially dismissed the card as a useless gesture and threw it onto the table. Shiseden insisted that Eugene had requested Alexis to read it, and he revealed that Eugene had written instructions for repaying a debt he believed Alexis owed him. Alexis was taken aback by the message card and asked Eugene who was outside his office, if it was for real. Eugene, dressed for a journey, silently confirmed the message's authenticity and nodded. Eugene confronted Alexis about repaying a debt, to which Alexis showed anger and suspicion regarding Eugene's role as a prophet or seer. He expressed his disdain for those who claimed to know the future. Eugene, however, didn't show fear and decided to tell Alexis that had agreed to help Christoper become king and left Alexis and the castle. After moving to a mansion in Hainscan city, Eugene experienced a severe fever, from his use of divine power. He read newspapers from the past four months to catch up on events during his absence and discovered a contact from Dagona, but he decided to keep it a secret.**Alexis in his office heard that Eugene was leaving somewhere by train. Alexis in deep thought was thinking why Eugene would leave somewhere by train, Alexis reflexively thought of Dagona. Simultaneously, the pen he was holding in his hand made a snapping sound and broke. **

**Eugene was on a train wearing a brown wig. Eugene's name has frequently appeared in newspaper articles, and he received flowers and gifts celebrating his miraculous recovery, even receiving a personal letter from the Archbishop of Wester. He reflected on his recent notoriety in the city of Wester. He was initially falsely accused of attempting to assassinate Queen Hiranseia, but he proved his innocence during a trial by demonstrating immense divine power and after the trial when he used his divine power on the undead. **Eugene got off the train at the next stop and met with Dagona. In Dagona house they set up a barrier so they can talk about what would happen in the future, not saying it directly as gods don't allow that. Just when the sound of the front door crashing stopped them from talking and. Alexis walked calmly through the door. Dagona greeted him calmly and Alexis replied the reason he was here was because his wife was here. Eugene then approached Alexis and extended his hand. Alexis wore a strange expression at this unexpected gesture, but he didn't refuse. He took Eugene's hand. Eugene, who was barehanded, gently pushed his fingertips into Alexis's wrist, which was covered by gloves, as he had done once before. When his soft flesh touched Alexis's skin, Eugene could feel him flinch. "Eugene." In response to Alexis's call, Eugene didn't answer. Instead, he focused on his divine power. Divine power had the ability to soothe negative emotions like anxiety and anger. Eugene had found a way to use it as a weapon. The potent divine power had a calming effect like a sedative, with no side effects. It worked even on high-ranking knights like Alexis. The superhuman abilities of a 7th-rank knight manifested in various ways. Unless in a completely defenseless state, it could neutralize most physical attacks and magic. However, there was no defense against divine power. Seeming to sense something amiss, Alexis widened his eyes and tried to step back but collapsed instead. Thunk. With a loud noise, Alexis fell to the ground, and a strange silence filled the room. Dagona and, by now, Robert, who had come down from the second floor, were staring with their mouths agape. Eugene subdued him with divine power. Dagona shivered as she watched Eugene speak casually, claiming that he had put Alexis to sleep with his divine power to buy time. Eugene appeared cheerful and harmless on the surface, but to Dagona, he seemed extraordinarily insane. It was a compliment, of course. Dagona, a 3rd-rank knight, easily helped Alexis into a chair. She let out a sigh and shook his head. Eugene then called for the hidden knights outside to take Alexis. After they left, Dagona used her magic to repair the broken front door handle, and before long, Eugene and Dagona could face each other again in the living room without any disturbances.** Eugene, Dagona, and Ladulos Horakon stood at the end of a dock whose fishing boats were moored. It was not far from shops and a market, so it was not a place with low foot traffic. Before recruiting Ladulos Horakon, a 7th grade knight, they had to convince him. During this meeting, Alexis, who had been hiding on the roof of a shop building overlooking the beach. A powerful possessiveness surged within him. After an event, Eugene's demeanor towards Alexis has changed significantly. He no longer smiles and has adopted a more serious and brusque tone. Alexis realizes that divine power can make someone appear helpless, as Eugene used it to subdue himself without hesitation. Rather than being angry, Alexis is now more fearful, as those guided by divine will can be blindly devoted. Alexis worries that confining Eugene to the mansion or even locking him behind bars wouldn't prevent him from finding a way to escape, no matter the means. It was a contradictory feeling. But even now, following Eugene like this, he couldn't rationally explain it. His affection for Eugene hadn't disappeared in an instant. Just seeing his face stirred up various emotions. Above all, Eugene's transformation gnawed at him. Watching Eugene shiver in the sea breeze, Alexis sighed inwardly. Last winter, Alexis had given Eugene plenty of winter coats and gloves. He was sure Eugene had brought them along, so he couldn't understand why he was dressed so lightly. Alexis wanted to ask why he was so desperate, but at the same time, he felt an impulse to wrap a cloak around him or do something to help. Unconsciously, Alexis took a step forward, but he heard light footsteps behind him and turned to look. Christophis was leaping over the roofs, approaching him. Christophis was about to propose something to Alexis when he suddenly felt a surge of power and turned his head towards the sea. A dark mass, resembling a piece of night torn from the sky and affixed to the waterfront, materialized at the end of the pier. Simultaneously, a towering wave crashed down upon Eugene's group. It was a brief, chaotic moment. Alexis and Christophis were propelled into the air almost simultaneously.**

**Eugene's eyes shot open as he noticed the drastically different surroundings. The once-blue sky had vanished, replaced by a vast, cave-like space. A dungeon, perhaps? As Dagona assessed the situation, Alexis and Lord Lalluros exchanged polite greetings. Eugene realized that these three knights and a mage were a formidable team. Amidst the silent procession of party members, Eugene began to feel dizzy and sighed. He feared he might collapse before they could confront the boss. "Perhaps it's better if I carry you," Alexis offered suddenly, leaving Eugene puzzled. Why carry him now? Despite his confusion, he politely declined, striving to maintain his composure. However, he soon gave in to the fatigue. He agreed to be carried, although it felt more like a comfortable piggyback ride. Life had its ups and downs, after all. Eugene settled onto Alexis's back as he crouched down, initially feeling a bit unsteady with his legs hanging in the air. Alexis adjusted his posture, making Eugene more comfortable. With a sense of curiosity, Eugene tightly wrapped his arms around Alexis's neck, clinging to him like a koala to a eucalyptus tree. Eugene suddenly realized that the group had been adapting their pace to accommodate his slower walking speed. He felt embarrassed, realizing he was more of a burden among the knights. Perhaps high base stats were more valuable than holy power. Feeling disheartened with his stamina stat of 6, Eugene closed his eyes and muttered a curse at the gods. In any case, he was relieved he hadn't stubbornly insisted on walking, as it would have caused even more trouble. Under the bright sunlight, Eugene woke up, blinking his eyes several times, trying to distinguish whether this was reality or a dream. The first things that entered Eugene's sight as he regained his senses on the bed were a large window and Alexis's back as he looked outside. They defeated the final boss while Eugene slept on Alexis' back. "Oh...." Sudden movement made him dizzy as if the world had spun around once. He let out an "oh" sound unintentionally, and his face turned red with embarrassment."Eugene?" "Oh, I'm fine. I just moved suddenly and felt a bit dizzy. How long has it been... since I lost consciousness?" "A day. You had a high fever." It was no longer surprising that waking up with time having passed quickly after losing consciousness. After contemplating for a moment, Eugene blurted out, "Why did you do that?" "Do what?" "You said you wouldn't see me. Why did you chase after me? No, why did you follow me? Don't say it's because of pity. If I wear a wig, no one can recognize me. Plus, there’s no reason for you, as the Grand Duke, to follow me. You could just give the order to catch me."Eugene realized the importance of launching a preemptive attack as he poured out the words that had been inside him. Alexis seemed to wince as if he had been slapped on the cheek. Eugene wanted to ask if Alexis still liked him, but he refrained. It seemed a bit petty, and it could make it sound like he still had lingering feelings.

I was curious and worried about what you two were plotting. I was furious when I heard that my wife had escaped." "You won't apologize, huh? I won't apologize either. Even if we go back to that time, I'd do the same." Eugene argued, not backing down, and met Alexis's gaze head-on. Alexis's face contorted strangely. It was hard to tell whether he was trying to smile or if he was still angry. "I said I wouldn't see you again." "…?" "Apparently, I don't always get what I want." "…?!" Eugene's eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected confession. Alexis, who was looking at him, seemed completely serious. "Wait, I have something to say." When Eugene stood up and called, Alexis halted and turned towards him. Eugene carefully measured the slightly increased distance between them and took a deep breath. "It's okay if you don't believe me. It's okay if you think I'm insane. Maybe I won't be able to tell you, it might be forbidden." Eugene rushed to speak but also thought he was doing something crazy. Alexis wouldn't believe him. He might even curse at him, even if he thought Eugene was crazy. But it seemed like now or never. "Eugene?" "I... I...!" Eugene wanted to shout out that he wasn't Lord Linbaisen. It was an impulsive action, but he wanted to tell Alexis his secret.
    Eugene attempted to confess something but found himself unable to speak due to what seemed like a divine prohibition. Frustrated and in pain, he tried to convey this to Alexis but ended up coughing up blood. Alexis, concerned, inquired about his well-being, but Eugene brushed it off as a throat issue. Eugene was deeply frustrated by his inability to communicate because of the divine restriction and felt an overwhelming urge to cry. In his frustration, Eugene unexpectedly blurted out, "Don't like me," leaving Alexis confused and irritated. They engaged in a heated exchange where Alexis misunderstood Eugene's intentions, thinking he had used him for personal gain. Eugene tried to clarify that he valued their alliance beyond his hidden secret but refrained from revealing his true identity as Lord Lin Byesin. Their argument became increasingly petty, but Eugene felt wronged by the misunderstandings and the burden of his unshared secret. He felt angry because Alexis seemed to think that he had used him. "So, you're telling me to pay off that debt?""Why do you keep twisting things? Anyway, just don't like me anymore. I won't like you either now. Why? Do you think I used you while pretending not to like you? Ugh... That's not possible. It's over now. Oh, he must be helped. The Kesslan herbs debt is real." Eugene, who had said it was over, quickly changed his tune at the end. It was all very childish, but he realized that Alexis's help was essential for Christophis to become king.

An awkward silence filled the room. The staring contest had been brief. Alexis, who had twisted his face in frustration, didn't utter a word and simply walked out of the room. Alone in the room, Eugene stared at the closed door, sighed, and covered his face with his hands. Eugene is emotionally drained as his relationship with Alexis has severely deteriorated. He believes he made the right choice by revealing his true feelings given the uncertainty of his situation in this world. He resents the gods for bringing him to this world and wishes for proper explanations and the chance to talk to Alexis. Overwhelmed, Eugene starts crying, which is unusual for him. Eugene tries to hide his tears but appears pitiful in his disheveled state. Why are you crying?" "What does it matter? "My wife seems insane." Eugene didn't deny the assertion that Alexis thought he was insane. The situation had already allowed for that assumption. "I'm taking my insane wife with me." "Excuse me?" "It won’t hurt." "…?" Eugene didn't understand what Alexis was talking about. The man, who had approached with long strides, placed something on Eugene's arm.With a click, the bracelet was attached. But that was the end of it. Eugene's vision was suddenly plunged into darkness.**Late at night during a severe winter storm, Alexis keeps an eye on Eugene, who is suffering from a fever. Eugene's condition worsens, and he collapses from the fever. A doctor is called to treat him, and although his fever subsides, he collapses again, crying uncontrollably. Alexis is determined to handle Eugene's emotional turmoil, but he finds it more challenging than dealing with a magical beast. Eugene's tears seem to hold a potent, inexplicable power. Alexis reflects on his past actions, acknowledging the mistakes he made and the mistrust he showed Eugene, who had done so much for him. He now realizes the gravity of his actions and feels dizzy and regretful. He is certain that Eugene will never forgive him. Alexis has had regrets in his life before, but he understands that this situation is solely his responsibility. He comforts Eugene, who is in distress, as Eugene appears to be having a sad dream. Alexis holds Eugene's hand and wipes away his cold tears, feeling Eugene's cheeks are warm in contrast. An inexplicable pain pierced Alexis' chest. It felt as if an arrow had been stabbed in his chest. Even when I was suffering due to the nameless evil spirit's curse, it didn't hurt this much.

**Alexis meets with Dagona in a rustic yet comfortable drawing room within a building used as a hideout and safe house. Dagona welcomes him warmly and offers a seat. Alexis gets straight to the point and asks why they're meeting. Dagona informs Alexis that the date has been set to take down the king and that they need the duke's support. She expresses relief that Alexis is willing to help, as Count Hemoric and Lord Radulos alone might not be sufficient to dethrone the king, making Alexis's assistance crucial.**

**As Eugene watched the clear soup steaming hot on the table, he contemplated the relationship between physical weakness and gluttony. I didn't like the fact that the first meal I ate after being sick for two full days was a clear soup with no ingredients. Just when new status window opened stating, The details on failure were straightforward: - "Thank you for your efforts as a hero. - You can return to your hometown. - Jeong Yujin's physical body is healthy." Even if the world came to an end, He could return to their hometown. Yujin, who was expecting death, blinked his eyes and rechecked the contents several times.

- You are deeply involved in the fate of the world. If you return to your hometown, the worldlines will scatter. Everyone saved by you will die.

- If you settle down, the world will be preserved.

- You will receive divine protection upon settling.

- Your stamina will increase upon settling.

- Your strength will increase upon settling.

- Your agility will increase upon settling.- Your reputation..." And it continued with countless conditions for settling in this place. It felt like an insistent, glittering bait, waving enticingly, even going so far as to claim that it would tell you whose the hidden ancient treasure of a king was if you settled. No matter how many times he read it, nothing changed. It had the feeling of persuading his to settle in this place, flashing a tempting lure. Eugene seemed to understand why the gods had hidden the reward details as question marks. If he knew he could go back even if he failed, he might have become negligent. However, by then, he had already committed deeply. He had too many important people now, and he couldn't just stand idly by and let the world collapse. Eugene heard some noise outside and realized it was Alexis with two other knights. In response, Eugene humorously shouted, "If I jump, will you catch me?" Though he started with a threat, there was no intention of escaping. Alexis appeared genuinely surprised and urged Eugene not to jump, which the latter promptly agreed to, relaxing his arms and closing the window. Eugene then finished his soup quickly and headed to meet Alexis, gearing up for what seemed like a big confrontation.** Eugene, with a surprised expression, couldn't understand why Alexis continued to like him, given that he usually disliked prophets or seers. Eugene was genuinely curious about this."The fact that you are the one graced by the will of the gods is still repulsive. But I also like you." In the strangely concluded conversation, Eugene hesitated to say anything and fell silent. Alexis waited quietly without pressuring Eugene. Eugene was swallowing a secret against his will. Alexis couldn't even guess what secret he was not allowed to know. However, he could read sadness and resentment in Eugene, who kept his mouth shut with a stern face.As Alexis guessed, Eugene was desperately holding back tears. The memories of Alexis telling him to leave, the hardships he had endured, and the frustration of not being able to say what he wanted to say were all mixed together. He began to cry as he remembered that he could not return home.But Alexis suddenly came up to him and without warning opened his arms and hugged him.
    Eugene, being held by Alexis, felt embarrassed and asked to be released. However, Alexis confessed that he had considered killing Duke Nasserad, believing that it would disrupt God's will. This shocking revelation left Eugene speechless and taken aback. Eugene was strongly against the idea of killing Duke Nasserad and expressed his disbelief, to which Alexis explained that he despised prophets and those who claimed to be prophets. He disliked them even more because Eugene was genuine. The conversation took an unexpected turn, leaving Eugene at a loss for words. “Your Excellency the Grand Duke. Now please let go.” “I said it for no reason.” Eugene deliberately asked in a harsher tone. Then Alexis let out a low laugh and loosened his arms. With his body free, Eugene quickly took a few steps back. Since he had been talking while standing instead of sitting down, it was not difficult to keep the distance between us. Eugene glanced at Alexis. He wasn't impressed, but he looked somewhat depressed. "anyway… … “I won’t like you.” Eugene declared once again. I didn't forget to put a lot of pressure on his face. On the other hand, Alexis suppressed a bitter smile because Eugene surprised people by saying the same thing over and over again. Originally, once a relationship was broken, it could not be easily undone. That was the eternal truth."If I could go back, I might say something different, but once the words are spoken, there's no taking them back. I'm sorry, Eugene." Alexis's apology left Eugene bewildered. Alexis's previous words about not seeing each other again felt like a sharp needle in Eugene's heart. Despite the passage of time, the memory of that moment still caused a sharp pain in his chest. It was more shocking than having his mouth covered and being told not to listen to the three sisters' words. “I’m also sorry for knocking you out that day, in Oste. But if I go back, I'll do the same thing. hmm… … . “You can just hate me.” “I don’t hate you. “I knocked you out in Diwen, so I apologize for that too.” I said everything I had to say. Please leave now.” Eugene spoke coldly on purpose. Aside from the fact that he was an easy guy, he had to distance herself from Alexis for a while. Eugene was somewhat satisfied because he seemed to have used a rather unpleasant tone. Alexis, on the other hand, swallowed his bitter smile. Alexis will put Christopher on the throne as Eugene wants. He said he was going to be used, so he meant to be used.When everything was over, he would be able to say what Eugene couldn't. Until then, he had to be pushed away by Eugene. He was right about regaining trust once it was broken. "As you wish, make Christopher a king." "Thank you." "Use me properly. I'll be useful.""No, not again... Yes, I will." Eugene, who was about to snap for a moment, replied stiffly, suppressing his emotions. When Alexis told him to use him, he intended to do so. Did you think he wouldn't? He would roll him until he turned into dust. When Alexis left, Eugene thought What is love? Eugene bit his lip at the unfamiliar and uncomfortable words. His hands and feet were all about to shrivel up. Still, if he were to give this mind a name, it would be it. He said that life is unpredictable, but he never thought he would like a man of the same gender. Eugene closed his eyes tightly and roughly wiped his eyes. He would continue to cry when he thought of my mother and father, but for now, he had work to do. He had to save the world.**

**Eugene looked up at the sunset sky beyond the window, put on his coat and left the room, He was waiting for a message from Dagona when he saw Alexis drinking alcohol. Eugene and Alexis got into a conversation of the current events, when Alexis gave Eugene a holy relic that was like a large-capacity rechargeable battery of divine power. Alexis was the first to speak.
    "I don't know what mission you've received. I don't know why you won't like me or why you're telling me not to like you. But something serious is going to happen, right? Probably something like death, maybe even worse. You're kind, so I got your warning." "That's—" Eugene wanted to say that's not it. It was a misunderstanding. But the no-spoiler rule still applied, and he left the sentence unfinished. In response, Alexis gazed at him with a complex look in his eyes. “I told you before, but my heart doesn’t work the way I want it to. It's a strange thing to say, but it's true. And Eugene, I haven't confessed yet. I have an unrequited love." "why… … .” Alexis was so calm and confident that Eugene was left speechless. While he was speechless, Alexis came closer and got down on one knee. In this unexpected situation, Eugene was unable to step back and froze. “I must first ask for your forgiveness. I said and did things that hurt you. It will never happen again. “Give me a chance.”Alexis's heartfelt plea for forgiveness caught Eugene off guard. Wasn't his previous apology enough? Why was he suddenly kneeling? Eugene felt like it was unnecessary and he didn't have to forgive Alexis. "Get up. Right now." "Eugene." "You said I didn't have to forgive you. Kneeling suddenly won't make me forgive you, it's counterproductive." Emphasizing that it was counterproductive, Alexis promptly got up. The man who had been relaxed just a moment ago cleared his throat. "Ahem. I'm not asking for immediate forgiveness." Seeing Alexis with a stiff expression and blushing ears made him look adorable, almost causing Eugene to bite his tongue. Forgiving Alexis wasn't too difficult. In fact, his apologies had already melted Eugene's resolve earlier. He couldn't stay mad at Alexis for too long.However, forgiving Alexis and resuming their previous closeness were two separate matters. Eugene contemplated for a moment. "It's not as serious as the Duke thinks it is. It was almost serious at first, but, in any case, it's okay now. And I'm not sure if I can say this, but I have a secret. Well, there, I said it. I have a secret. Maybe the Duke won't believe me, and he might get angry. Don't be so sure that he won't. You don't know what it's about. So..." "So?" "I won't forgive you. The anger has subsided quite a bit, but... So, it's better if we keep some distance. It's for the best, just in case." Eugene tried to make it clear that while he had calmed down, he wasn't ready to fully forgive Alexis, and he felt it was better to keep some distance for now.Eugene was frustrated, wondering if he was such a mute person. Still, Alexis seemed to understand. When you see his face scrunched up. After the final battle is over and the world is saved, there will come a time when you can tell Alexis that you are in fact not Baron Linweisen, but Eugene Jeong. But I didn't expect Alexis to unconditionally understand that. Alexis did not mind. He believed that Eugene, who had been watching him so far, must have had a good reason. But saying something like that in this situation seemed really counterproductive. Because at that time, I didn't think about Eugene's situation at all. “I want to strangle my past.” “You can’t change the past.” Alexis agreed. The past couldn't be changed. It was fortunate that Eugene didn't hate him so much. “It could have been serious, but now it’s okay. Does it mean that I can understand that the mission is over and nothing dangerous will happen to you?” "ah… … .” Eugene, unable to answer, swallowed his breath. Alexis realized that this was unspeakable information. Dangerous things will happen, but you won't die. Because there has to be time to tell secrets. As long as he was alive, anything would work out. “How will you know your mission is over?” "that… … .” "That's something you can't tell me either, huh? I'll know when the time comes, right? That's it." Eugene didn't say anything, but Alexis had almost guessed the right answer. Feeling unfairly silenced, Eugene rolled his head. "My Lord." "Call me Alexis." "Please have patience and wait."
    At that moment, Alexis tasted the loyalty of a faithful dog waiting for its owner's command. He was pleased with a simple order. He felt like he might be going crazy. However, as long as patience included the promise of giving another chance, it made sense. Alexis had no idea when or how Eugene's mission would end. However, judging by how Eugene and Dagona were rushing, he might not have to wait for too long. "All right. I'll wait." "Then I'll really leave now." Eugene bid his farewell and left the room with light footsteps. Just like in the dining room a while ago, Alexis didn't follow Eugene. "It seems like I've truly become a dog." Even the act of receiving orders and waiting felt suffocating in the current situation. But he would have been happier if they could walk side by side. He hadn't liked Eugene lightly before. Being together brought joy and happiness. When he looked into those sparkling eyes, a gentle sensation would rise, and his heart would swell. He used to believe that when anger welled up to the brim, he could return to his calm everyday life without seeing Eugene again. But that was a miscalculation. Once you've tasted that sweetness, you can never forget it. Now, only urgency remained. There was no room for mistakes since it was the last chance given. Alexis was prepared for the end.**

**** The time to overthrow the king came, Duke Naserad, who had the second speech at the special session, raised his sword. He criticized the king with refined yet explicit words, demanding his abdication.
    Most of the members of the council stood and applauded, making it the talk of the town that day. The next day, all the newspapers featured Duke Naserad's speech on their front pages. Articles about the king's rumored madness, which had been circulating for some time, were gradually published as well.The fact that the violent king had wielded his sword and injured people was a public secret. But when it resurfaced thanks to Duke Naserad, everyone had a lot to say about it. In the end, the consensus was unanimous: the sacred crown didn't belong to a madman**

**Eugene read the newspaper about the reaction of the king and how poor it was. Just yesterday, the mansion, which had been bustling with knights until then, was now empty. Yesterday afternoon, Eugene had asked Alexis for the Cation ring(animal shape-shifter ring) as he was about to leave the mansion. He didn't press further when the man stubbornly refused, his eyebrows furrowing. Alexis had agreed and reluctantly turned away, seemingly sulking. It was all intentional. Eventually, Eugene managed to secure Alexis's submission. Alexis, who had threatened Eugene with a menacing ultimatum to chase him to the ends of the earth if he fled, had personally placed the ring on Eugene's finger. With his thoughts organized, Eugene stood up. When his head felt heavy, it was a good idea to move his body. Sweating would make his body, mind, and head feel lighter. He considered going to the kitchen to search for snacks or even some alcohol if he was lucky. But as he opened the door, a strong shock struck him from behind. His consciousness was abruptly severed there.**

**The sensation of something cold touching his face made Eugene shudder. "Do it again, quickly!" "Yes." Following the command mixed with a loud roar, the cold substance struck his cheek once more. Eugene realized that water had been splashed on his face, and he jolted awake. As he was about to leave the room, the memory of losing consciousness due to a strong shock flashed back, and his mind snapped back to attention. As Eugene attempted to sit up, he felt a sense of restraint. He was shocked when he realized that both his arms and legs were bound to the wall by iron chains, making him hang as if suspended. "You've finally opened your eyes." Eugene immediately recognized the man standing in front of him. Eugene is confronted by Theodore Hufak, the Earl. Theodore is seeking revenge, and Eugene is bound and beaten but refrains from screaming. Theodore threatens to hang Eugene's corpse in Basenche Square to anger Alexis. Theodore's madness terrifies Eugene, who is frozen with fear and desperately thinks of escaping. Count Lito intervenes and speaks politely to Eugene."How does it feel to be chosen as a martyr?" "What?!""I wonder what lofty mission those arrogant gods have bestowed upon you." Count Lito changed his tone and smiled with an unremarkable face. Thwack! This time, the whip struck Eugene's forehead. With a sharp impact, Eugene's head was jolted to the side. While Theodore Hufak's whip had been painful, this blow felt like it had left his head spinning. "Don't even think about using your sacred power. You'll lose consciousness next time." Eugene didn't respond but continued to gaze at Count Lito. In a dimly lit setting, Eugene senses the presence of Demonic power around him, particularly emanating from Count Lito. Eugene silently curses Count Lito and is terrified by his inhumane behavior, considering him a madman. Despite the threat of murder, Eugene remains hopeful and looks for a way to escape. He discovers that the Keishon ring, worn beneath his wedding band, reacts to mana, which could aid his escape if he can transform into an animal. Eugene pretends to be startled and despairing while observing Count Lito's frantic actions. Eugene prepares to transform into an animal. He had practiced using Caetion's ring(animal shifter ring) for this purpose multiple times and was confident in his ability. As the wooden door opens, Eugene transforms into a bird and easily escapes his shackles and through the narrow window bars. Count Lito orders his men to catch Eugene, but he is swift and agile in his bird form. When an arrow is shot towards him, Eugene feels a deep fear of impending death and instinctively flaps his wings to escape. Despite narrowly avoiding several arrows, he keeps flying higher, determined to flee from the threat of death.**

**Alexis returns to Eugene's bedroom and discovers a pile of newspapers indicating that Eugene had been there, but Eugene is missing. Alexis realizes it's not an escape and that someone had infiltrated the mansion, possibly an expert, and that Jake had been assaulted. Alexis, who had been avoiding the thought of Eugene's death, now clenches his fist, drawing on his experience with grudges and vengeance as the Duke of Eiblar. Kidnappings didn't always lead to blackmail. Sometimes there was no news at all, or the victim's death was displayed gruesomely. Preparing for the worst was a necessity, but just thinking about it suffocated him. He had given his all, and if he lost him now...Alexis was about to issue orders to search for Lord Teyart based on the list of attendees at the interim council when he heard an unusual sound.Thud. Thudthudthud!
    Something was fiercely tapping on the glass window. It wasn't a branch; it was a bird with ivory-colored feathers. Meeting the falcon's black eyes, Alexis felt as if he had been struck by lightning. It was Eugene. "Your Grace, a bird?" "Eugene!" Sharedon recognized the bird as well, but Alexis couldn't hear anything. Filled with relief and joy, he immediately opened the window and extended his hand. The falcon, smaller than when he had last seen it, landed gently on his hand Alexis commanded Sharedon, who hesitated for a moment. Calling out for Eugene using the bird might seem odd, but Alexis couldn't afford to worry about that now. Nevertheless, the loyal Sharedon didn't question further and left the room. As soon as Sharedon closed the door behind him, Alexis placed the bird on the ground and covered it with his cloak. "Are you okay? Where are you hurt? Turn back into a human. Before Alexis could finish speaking, the cloak rustled, and Eugene's body expanded. While he had looked fine as a bird, his face outside the cloak bore traces of violence. His right temple and cheek were swollen, and there were marks of a whip on his cheek in particular. "Who dared to use a whip..." "Just wait a moment; I'll explain first." "Eugene!" Alexis called out his name and reached for him, but Eugene didn't step back. He seemed disoriented, as if he was about to pass out. Alexis wanted to hold him, to cry, and even to wail. But before doing anything, he had to share what he had found out. "The culprits are Lord Teyart and Count Lito. Yes, both of them." "How dare they!" "Before you get angry, please listen to me first. The corpses in the Royal Mausoleum will rise from the dead. We need to stop that. Alexis? Are you okay? Where does it hurt?"Eugene was taken aback as Alexis covered his face with his hands. Alexis heaved a sigh so heavy it seemed to shake his shoulders, then lowered his hands. His face, stiff as though he were scared out of his wits, showed no signs of pain or distress. "Is it really hurting that much?" "It doesn't hurt. I'm fine. Here, have this. Holy water. Drink it and let's treat your wounds." From his embrace, Alexis retrieved a small glass vial containing holy water. Eugene admired Alexis's preparedness but shook his head. There was something more urgent than tending to his injuries. "It doesn't hurt that much. I'll drink it later. We need to—" "You're too excited to feel the pain. Blood is flowing quite a bit from the wound on your arm. After you drink the holy water, deal with the mausoleum or the dead as you see fit." Alexis's tone was resolute. Knowing his character well, Eugene didn't argue and instead received the holy water. The effects of the holy water were immediate. Although he couldn't see it directly, he could feel his swollen cheek returning to its normal state, and the stinging pain from his wounds gradually subsided. "Alright, I've finished it. Lord Lito mentioned that he can raise the dead—Alexis?" This time, Alexis embraced him tightly, interrupting Eugene for the second time. he called out to him again.he couldn't understand why Alexis was behaving this way when he heard about the dead rising in the royal mausoleum. "Just a little longer." "A little longer? Alexis, I said Lord Lito mentioned that the dead will rise." "I'm sorry." Alexis's apologetic voice trembled, causing Eugene to pause momentarily. Alexis had nothing to apologize for. This situation was solely a problem between Lord Lito and herself. But being held in Alexis's arms made her want to hug him back. He felt the urge to be close to him, realizing how close he had come to dying. The fear that had made him head spin came rushing back. Eugene wanted to hold Alexis and cry. He felt that once he let out his tears, his fear might diminish. But that could come later.For now, they needed to deal with the situation at hand. "It's okay. It's not your fault. "We had insufficient security." "No, it's not like that." Eugene said it wasn't his fault, but Alexis believed that his carelessness had caused all of this. Trusting that this place was safe and leaving Eugene behind was a mistake. The fact that he didn't send Eugene to Hainscan and left his here was evidence of his complacency. Because of that mistake, Eugene was hurt. He had nearly died. They might not get another chance like this. Recalling the worst possibilities once again, Alexis tried not to put too much force in his arms as he held Eugene. If he held him too tightly, he might hurt him. Pushing him away and keeping their distance would be futile. From now on, he needs to stay by his side constantly. As long as he remained in his sight, he would be safe. "Alexis, save the self-blame for later... Oh, my ring! I left my wedding ring there. I didn't think about it when I transformed. I have to find the ring. It's the Hainscan Duke's ring. The bad guys could use it." Eugene pounded on Alexis's back and side vigorously. His weak punches felt like soft pats to Alexis. The dead and the ring weren't the top priorities for Alexis. However, both needed to be addressed urgently. Alexis carefully released his embrace on Eugene. In response, Eugene's eyes lit up, and he shouted loudly. "Hurry! There's a powerful relic at the Royal Tomb, but the Viscount Rito said there's a way. We need to inform Dagona quickly. Hurry!" Seeing Eugene press urgently like this, Alexis could barely manage a smile. As you wish.**

**Eugene and Alexis are joined by supporters who are concerned about the king's growing madness. As they descend from the roof of Duke Dracua's Townhouse, they witness Laduros killing Eslant by plunging his sword into Eslant's throat. The sight is shocking and unpleasant for Eugene, and the smell of blood is unsettling. Alexis tries to shield him from the gruesome scene by covering his eyes, but Eugene chooses to face it himself. After Alexis removes his hand, they see Eslant falling backward, while Laduros effortlessly deals with a royal knight who tries to confront him. Eslant is left lying on the ground, appearing dead. Christopher steps forward, declaring his intention to overthrow the king. He offers them the choice to join him or leave without repercussions. Some knights, including the one kicked by Laduros, leave, while others stay. Christopher gains the support of knights willing to stand against the king's worsening condition, and they kneel before him. Eugene is deeply moved by this scene.You need to rest now." "I'm not tired at all." "I told you earlier, it's probably because you're too excited to feel okay. You might suddenly collapse at this rate." "Do you think of me as a patient, Your Grace?" "Call me Alexis. And yes, you do seem to have a weak constitution." Alexis changed the subject to divert Eugene's attention away from the injured people. The seriously injured weren't many. There were quite a few knights who had died without any treatment. Eugene didn't need to see the gruesome sight of blood flowing from wounds on corpses."Can you at least remove the cape? I can't see anything, and it's getting stuffy." "Just wait a little."Eugene grumbled inwardly as he heard his own words being thrown back at him. Wrapped in Alexis's arms and cloaked in the cape, he felt like a baby kangaroo in a pouch. He contemplated whether it would be too impolite to step on Alexis's foot or pinch his hand and decided to just wait it out. He began to channel his sacred power into the Holy relic he held in his hand. There was still plenty of work ahead that required the use of divine power.**

**Eugene and Alexis are in a special chamber in the Kingdom of Kinhal, witnessing a unique tradition related to the Succession Document, a key step in the kingdom's history of conflicts over the throne. The king, who had escaped but was apprehended within an hour, displays madness in his eyes. The king's escape was thwarted due to internal strife among his attendants, with some abandoning him for their own safety and others betraying his whereabouts to Christopher. The king is now in a pitiable state after a fierce struggle, but his remaining loyal attendants wear somber expressions. Those in the room generally believe it's time for the king to step down from the throne, except for Eugene, who is wary of the possibility of the king causing one last catastrophe. Eugene briefly glances at Dagona, stationed at the chamber's entrance, who nods slightly, indicating he's prepared for whatever might happen when Christopher arrives. "Why Valladon?" Alexis, who had been enveloping Eugene with his right arm, whispered by his ear. The soothing undertone of his voice allowed Eugene to relax his tense shoulders. At the same time, Eugene wondered if, even if he weren't the Duke of Ebelant, he could still make a living based on his looks and voice alone. Suppressing a laugh, Eugene briefly met Alexis's gaze, then shifted his focus back to the king. "There's something like that." "I knew it wouldn't be that simple."With just a small gesture and a meaningful reply, Alexis understood the danger. Eugene felt fortunate that Alexis now knew he had knowledge of the future in a situation like this. As a precaution, Eugene decided to stay close to Alexis. He was about to make his move when Alexis blocked his path, causing Eugene to lean his head to the side to maintain his line of sight. Christopher enters the chamber, prompting the king to react angrily to the challenge to his authority. However, a dark energy emanates from the king, and he undergoes a grotesque transformation with tentacles and horns, revealing that he's been possessed. Dagona and Eugene shout warnings and take protective actions. The king, driven by divine power, targets Eugene with his tentacles, but Alexis steps in to shield him with his sword. Christopher charges at the king, and, with the help of Lardulos Knight and Hemorik Viscount, they manage to sever the tentacles. However, the tentacles regenerate and multiply, causing chaos in the chamber. The king shatters a window and escapes outside, where he continues to unleash havoc. Alexis finally takes action, leaping to the first floor and slicing through several tentacles with his sword. With the combined effort of Lardulos Knight and Hemorik Viscount, they nearly incapacitate the king, who has lost several tentacles and an arm, ultimately impaling him with Christopher’s sword. The battle comes to an end.**

**A sudden change of events led to the throne's owner changing hands. With the death of the king, Alexis fulfilled his promise to Christopher and, along with the knights, remained in the palace. This was to suppress the chaos that followed the change of the throne due to force.
    The close protection of Christopher, the future king, was entrusted to comrades and soldiers who had served together for a long time. Lardulos Knight, Hemorik Viscount, and his disciples, along with the knights of the Ibyulon Order, took on the duty of guarding the central palace.
    While simple meetings continued endlessly, Eugene did not leave his place and stayed close to Alexis. Seeking an opportunity, he would soon be able to meet with Deagona separately. It had been a day filled with various events and incidents. Eugene had been so caught up in the excitement that he hadn't realized how tired and sore he was. But now, as he had completed his tasks and confirmed safety, the tension left his body, and exhaustion crept in. He tried to fight off the sleepiness by pinching his palm, but it was in vain. His heavy eyelids closed.**"I suppose there's nothing more to discuss." Dagona swallowed a bitter smile at Alexis's blatant impatience as he gently laid Eugene down on the long chair. The Northern ruler, who handled Eugene as if he were handling a fragile pastry, was a man deeply in love. However, he remained a formidable opponent, just as he always had been.

**Eugene blinked. Waking up in a strange place after losing consciousness had become familiar.Alexis was sitting in a nearby chair. As soon as Eugene opened his eyes, their gazes met. "Awake?" "Yes." Eugene slowly rose from his seat and looked around. The drawing-room had only Alexis in it. "What time is it?" "It's a bit past 11. It's nighttime." Eugene freshened up with a quick wash of his face to fully awaken. When he entered the drawing-room, the sun was still in the sky. If it was past 11 at night now, it meant he had slept a lot. Eugene woke up and found Alexis by his side, confirming that he had dozed off in a chair. Eugene asked about the ring in a hushed voice, and Alexis brought it to him. However, Alexis knelt down before Eugene and offered the ring as per their world's custom. Eugene felt uncomfortable with the formality and reluctantly extended his hand. Alexis placed the wedding ring on Eugene's finger, and it sparkled under the bright light. After the ring was exchanged, Eugene suggested they discuss something while standing, but Alexis insisted on remaining kneeling. He expressed his curiosity about the secret that Eugene had been unable to reveal all this time, leaving Eugene on edge. Holding Eugene's hand, Alexis had a serious expression. "I researched a lot about you before we got married. There weren't any secrets you needed to hide from me. You don't seem like some notorious serial killer, being introverted and having a low activity level. But it also doesn't make sense that you believed in solitude without socializing secretly because it doesn't fit with your sacred powers. Gods are very strict about that. Moreover, you lost your memory." "...That's true." “Stumbling down the stairs between life and death, I woke up unharmed but lost my memory. I lost almost all my memories, so my personality could have changed. It's not common, but there have been cases. But adding the newfound divine power and the fact that I can see the future, following a divine mission... What do you think about that?” With each calm word from Alexis, Eugene seemed to forget how to breathe. As he listed the events that had happened to him, it became clear that something was indeed unusual. However, what permeated these events was something beyond human comprehension. Could it be? Is it really true? Did he uncover it? Eugene couldn't take his eyes off Alexis, his heart pounding with disbelief. He had simply mentioned having a secret, yet Alexis had almost discovered a response that was close to the truth. He was so shocked that his heart felt like it had skipped a beat and momentarily stopped. At the same time, he wanted to shout loudly.
    Everyone, Sherlock Holmes is here.
    Eugene felt like he could understand how a proficient detective accused of being a murderer must feel. His breath was caught, and he couldn't think of anything. "Judging by your reaction, it seems I'm not insane," Alexis concluded. Alexis spoke with confidence. As he listed what he had discovered and drew his conclusion, he kept a close eye on Eugene, not missing any subtle changes. From the wide eyes to the stiff cheeks, the trembling eyelashes, and the tensed hands, Eugene's physical reactions were those of someone who had revealed a secret. Upon hearing Dagona's statement about angels appearing on Earth by borrowing the appearance of humans, Alexis considered various possibilities. Magic related to souls had been banned long ago due to the dangers of its misuse. It had resulted from powerful individuals and sorcerers conducting experiments on human bodies in pursuit of immortality. Afterward, related texts were burned, and those who researched soul magic were labeled heretics and sentenced to death by religious inquisitions. Nevertheless, the phenomenon of one soul inhabiting another's body was not unheard of. Cases of malevolent spirits taking possession of the living and causing havoc occasionally occurred.

There were also tales from the mythic ages of two heroes whose souls were swapped by the gods. They ultimately lived out their lives in each other's bodies.

Since the age of myths, the gods had been unable to directly intervene in human affairs. They could only bestow their grace upon priests and lend them power. Still, miracles could manifest in various forms. For instance, a miraculous event like a divine messenger taking possession of a deceased person's body in pursuit of a divine mission.

While Alexis didn't hold any particular belief or reverence for gods, he did believe in the power to perform miracles.

"What I'm curious about is something else. Are you an angel who has come to the human world to atone for a sin? Or are you an angel who has received the utmost favor and come to fulfill a divine mission? Well, neither."

Eugene, who was unsure of what to say, lost his energy due to Alexis's slip of the tongue. Alexis noticed it again.

"Just not an angel."

"Why...? If you're an angel, you'll be called again, won't you?"

Eugene's eyes widened in response to Alexis's words.

"Whoever you are, whatever you are, it doesn't matter to me. You are my spouse, and you're the person I love. So even if your mission ends and you decide to reveal the secret, I won't call you insane. Promise."

Alexis was sincere. It didn't matter who or what Eugene was. He felt apologetic toward the original Eugene Reckvent Rinbaisen, whom he never had the chance to talk to properly. The Eugene he knew was the man standing before him, struggling to hold back tears.

"Eugene, I'll hear your name later, okay?"

Eugene gazed at Alexis, wondering if this might be a dream. If it weren't a dream, it was almost too good to be true.

Something warm welled up inside him. Fortunately, tears didn't come. Instead, overwhelming emotion filled him.

Even if it was a dream, he was content. But if it wasn't a dream, it felt even better.

"I feel like I'm dreaming right now."

Strangely, his voice trembled. It seemed like another sign that it might be a dream, but Alexis smiled.

"It's not a dream."

"Please let go of my hand."

This time, Alexis willingly released Eugene's hand. Eugene took a deep breath and slapped his own cheeks with both hands. The sharp, stinging pain reassured him that this was not a dream.

"Eugene?! What's going on?!"

"It's nothing, really. I just confirmed that this is reality. It really hurts, so it's not a dream."

Eugene calmly replied and impulsively pulled Alexis into a tight embrace. With his tall stature, he could easily lift the man who was kneeling and make him sit in the chair.

It felt like receiving a huge birthday present on an unexpected day. At times like this, he could believe that the luck stat of 92 displayed in his status window was indeed real.

Luck stat 92 had hit the jackpot today.

"Eugene."

Even when Alexis called his name, Eugene couldn't easily speak. There were so many things he wanted to say. He wanted to curse the gods who had brought him here, express amazement at how Alexis had figured everything out, and even confirm that his real name was indeed Eugene. But nothing was allowed for him.

Damn the gods. Sometimes they should loosen the restrictions, right?

Eugene shook his head desperately. Although he was overwhelmed with emotion, confessing here felt too out of place.

"I'll do well."

"What?"

"I'll do well. Really, I'll do my best. After everything is over, I can really do anything for you." He was so grateful that he wanted to do anything and everything.

"You shouldn't make promises like that lightly, Eugene."

"I'll do well. Trust me!"

Eugene released his arm from hugging Alexis and got up. Then he shouted boisterously at Alexis.

On the other hand, Alexis was caught up in a complex and subtle mood. It was good that Eugene had become lively again, just like before. However, Eugene seemed unaware of how stimulating and potentially dangerous it could be to say he would do anything.

"What do you mean by 'anything'?"

"Well, I'll kiss you 100 times."

"...?!"

After saving the world, he was determined to have a proper relationship with Alexis. He was going to date a man who didn't care who he was or what he did.

"Why? Don't you like that?"

"...Not like that."

"Right now... Well, I guess not. We can do it later, then."

Eugene remembered that this place was the royal palace. He felt like he was about to fly to the heavens, but he also knew that there were times and places that required discretion. "Now."

"You said we'll do it later."

"My angel is strict."

"No, why... I mean, no."

Eugene had to suddenly become serious because Alexis called him an angel. It was fine when he heard it from Len, but hearing it from Alexis made him feel extremely embarrassed.

"Give me your hand."

Eugene placed his hand on the one Alexis extended to him. He wondered what Alexis was going to do this time, but when Alexis lightly kissed his palm, Eugene felt strange. Even when lips touched the back of his hand, he wanted to scratch his arms and back, but kissing his palm felt odd.

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know."

"What am I supposed to know?"

Eugene realized that there must be some meaning behind kissing his palm.

It couldn't be about money since it was his palm. Could it be a request for a kiss? Reading Eugene's innocent curiosity, Alexis silently reflected. It seemed he might have been too forward.

If this was a signal of desire, and Eugene didn't know that, then it couldn't be helped.

"You can take your time to figure it out. No rush, alright? You haven't had dinner yet."

"I'm not hungry. But seriously, can't you tell me what it means? Ask someone else if you don't want to."

As Alexis began to stand up slowly, changing the subject, he hesitated. If it were Eugene, he might confirm his curiosity by kissing someone else's palm and asking what it meant. Just imagining that made it seem distant.

"Please don't."

"You should tell me what it means. Is it a request for a kiss? I'll do it later. I promised to do it a hundred times."

"If that's the case, then forgive me now, Eugene."

Eugene took a deep breath, hearing Alexis asking for forgiveness with a gentle voice. In the midst of all this, Alexis displayed an oddly innocent demeanor.

Being clear-cut in beginning and ending things was both an advantage and a drawback. Nevertheless, Eugene found everything endearing, maybe because he was completely smitten.

"At that time, I was really angry, but now I'm okay. I forgive everything. I'm sorry too. Honestly, I didn't know I'd come to like you so much. We were just getting closer...Thinking back, there were so many complications. It sounds like an excuse, but I was planning to talk about everything after it's over. I can't say I like you with a secret... So, I'll confess later. Yeah, I'm sorry for that too."

Eugene decided to say everything he could during this opportunity. Regardless of Alexis' past misconduct, Eugene had also wronged Alexis in his own way.

Hoping that everything would be okay, he looked up at Alexis. Alexis, with an expression that words couldn't describe, pulled Eugene into an embrace. Not only that, but he even lifted him off the ground for a moment.

"Alexis?"

"Don't apologize, Eugene. You did nothing wrong."

"But I deceived you."

"Because you had a secret you couldn't tell anyone."

"Really... Reconciliation is the best."

Eugene tightened his arms around Alexis' neck. What could have ended in total chaos had turned into something wonderful, feeling like a dream of happiness. Now, I just need to save the world. No, not just the world, but make sure everyone's okay."

Thinking of the ending of a novel, Eugene ignited his determination for a happy ending and briefly pondered whether he should go ahead and kiss Alexis. The problem was that he didn't know how to kiss. He understood the theory, but he had never had practical experience.

So, while holding Alexis' neck even tighter, he heard a bell sound from somewhere.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Bells were ringing from all directions, and it wasn't just one or two. The sizes of the sounds were different too.

Even in a world with widely available clocks, temples would ring bells according to the time. Many people used the sound of bells to mark the passage of time. However, ringing bells incessantly late at night, close to midnight, was unusual.

"Do you know what's going on?"

Eugene whispered quietly to Alexis while still holding him. He had a foreboding feeling about this.

"It's usually done when enemies invade the capital. Temples ring bells to warn of danger."

"...Really?"

Surprised by the unexpected explanation, Eugene looked at Alexis. His expression was deadly serious. "Eugene! Oops, I'm sorry!"

Dagona opened the door halfway when she noticed Eugene and Alexis embracing.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but there are corpses coming up from the sea right now! That's why the bells are ringing!"

Dagona's loud exclamation snapped Eugene back to attention.

It wasn't yet past midnight. The long day was far from over.**

**Although there was some resistance from a few nobles, it was quelled as all three of the kingdom's 7th-rank knights supported Christopher. The citizens of Oueste welcomed Christopher's reign.

The coronation ceremony was planned for the warming spring. "May I touch your cheek? I mean, your face?"

"Excuse me?"

"I asked if I could touch your cheek." Alexis politely asked for permission. Eugene's cheeks, shining brightly, flushed like pink roses. He found himself wanting to touch them without realizing it. However, reaching out with his hand would probably startle Eugene.

Eugene was sitting on the head of the bed, while Alexis was perched at the foot. Reaching out without warning resembled his previous misdeeds, and Alexis, once he realized the implications of his actions, had to be cautious.

On the other hand, Eugene didn't think much of it at the moment. He hesitated to give a quick response to the awkward situation. Normally, he would have questioned what right Alexis had to touch his cheek. However, under the current circumstances, he couldn't bring himself to say such a thing.

Just three days ago, he had been completely excited about the consecutive incidents and accidents. So he focused solely on the fact that he had reconciled with Alexis and felt happy.

But today, something had changed when he looked at Alexis's face. Something was different. When he saw Alexis's face, he couldn't help but feel good, and a smile naturally appeared on his face. However, despite that, his heart raced, and he didn't know what to do.

Although it seemed like their relationship had returned to normal after they reconciled, they hadn't reached any conclusions about dating or being in a relationship. Moreover, he had declared that he would confess again after everything was over.

So right now... In other words, their relationship was ambiguous. Eugene liked Alexis, but he wasn't sure how much he should show it.

As he gazed at Alexis's face, he couldn't help but smile, and his heart raced. He felt an urge to touch somewhere, but he held back because he felt it would be too forward.Now, it felt strange to be so hesitant, but Eugene tried to put on a brave face and act casually. In the midst of this, when Alexis said he wanted to touch first, Eugene's heart started racing, and he felt strange.

"Why... all of a sudden?"

He had various thoughts in that brief moment, but what came out of his mouth was a vague question.

"I want to touch you. It's okay if you don't want to."

"No, it's not that I don't want to. I mean... no, it's fine. You can touch. It won't wear out or anything."

Eugene didn't want Alexis to misunderstand him, so he immediately extended his cheek. What's wrong with letting someone touch his cheek?

Eugene acted bravely. However, when Alexis's ungloved hand lightly brushed his cheek, it felt strange and unfamiliar. Eugene couldn't help but clench his fist and shudder at the sensation, as if a static shock ran down his back. It was a simple touch, but it felt sharp and unsettling.

Fortunately, Alexis withdrew his hand quickly, preventing a groan from escaping Eugene's lips.

"I want to touch you too. I want to try it."

"Sure."

As soon as permission was granted, Eugene reached out with both hands. Instead of brushing his cheek like Alexis, he gently cupped both of his cheeks.

His handsome face had good skin. It wasn't overly soft, but it was smooth.

"It's smooth."

"Really?""I thought your skin would be rough, like a palm."

Eugene briefly commented and quickly withdrew his hands. While he wanted to touch other parts as well after touching his cheek, he restrained himself for fear of being seen as a pervert.

Instead, Eugene leaned slightly towards Alexis and whispered softly.

"I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Have you ever been in love? Oh, I haven't."

Eugene, who had read novels, already knew that Alexis had never been in love. It was surprising that such a handsome, fit, and tall man was surprisingly a confirmed bachelor. Asking about something he already knew was just laying the groundwork for the next step.

Perhaps it was a probing question, but Alexis was surprisingly flustered. His usually composed eyes shook as if an earthquake had occurred.

"Why are you curious about that... sigh. I swear, I haven't."

"Then have you ever kissed someone? Let me clarify, I haven't."

"Eugene."

Despite his awkwardness, Eugene stared at Alexis intently. Eugene was serious. Although he hadn't confessed to Alexis, the atmosphere had inevitably become softer.Dating Alexis was going well. They couldn't go to the movies for a date due to their circumstances, but watching an opera was just as good.

Eugene's concern was something smaller but more fundamental in their relationship.

Thanks to Earth's modern scientific civilization and education, he knew how to kiss and have sex. While he had very little information about being with a man, he could make educated guesses.

However, a problem arose here. Transferring knowledge to action was an entirely different matter.

Even just kissing was an issue right now. They had dramatically reconciled, and their relationship had improved, so he wanted to do more than just a light peck. However, since he had never done it before, he had no idea how to go about it. He knew about locking lips and intertwining tongues, but that was just theoretical knowledge.

He had heard the phrase "I'll give you 100 kisses," but he was feeling a bit lost.

"We haven't kissed yet, have we? I said we could do it after everything is over, but we can do it now, can't we? What do you think?"

Eugene mumbled again, just like before. he couldn't take the lead confidently since he had no experience. The only way was for the two of them to talk and come to an agreement.

At the rather direct question, Alexis blushed, or more precisely, his ears turned red, and he turned his head quickly. Alexis' uncharacteristic behavior was incredibly cute. Calling a man of his enormous stature cute might not be appropriate, but that's how it looked to him. Whether it was a German Shepherd, a Siberian Husky, or a Saint Bernard, large dogs always had a charming side.

Seeing a man who was usually fearless show a vulnerable side, Eugene couldn't help but smile.

"You don't want to? Hmm, so you won't."

"Cough. I will."

Alexis cleared his throat and turned his head back to face him. However, his ears were still red, perhaps even redder.

"When? Since we don't know how to do it, can we try it now to figure it out?"

"Now?"

"If you're not ready in your heart, you can say no."

Eugene followed the words Alexis had said a while ago. He didn't want to pressure him, but he couldn't help but send him an expectant gaze.

As a result, Alexis was completely caught off guard. He never imagined that Eugene, who had always been somewhat elusive, would be this proactive.

Eugene had no idea how much Alexis was holding back. Yet, seeing Eugene eagerly waiting for him, like Leinster waiting for a gift, he couldn't bring himself to refuse.

"As you said, since we don't know how, we should try it."

"That's right. Just stay still."As soon as permission was granted, Eugene stood up and grabbed Alexis's neck and shoulders. Alexis mentally scolded himself for not expecting him quick movements.

Eugene had told him to stay still, but that was impossible. Alexis slid his hands around his waist.

Standing on his knees on the bed, Eugene was slightly taller than Alexis, giving him a slightly elevated view. The look in his eyes as he looked down at him was filled with intense desire. His resolute determination seemed to burn like a fire, and Alexis was sure it wasn't just his imagination.

"It feels like you're not going to kiss me but devour me."

"Is that so?"

"Can you do it?"

"Of course. We need to get this done quickly. If we hesitate, we might not do it."

Eugene spoke the truth, not just to Alexis but also to himself.

Looking at the handsome man's face and those lovely lips so close, his heart raced like crazy.

Half of him wanted to hold him tightly, while the other half wanted to run away, scratching his arms.

"Don't run away. This is your chance, Jung Eugene."

Eugene encouraged himself and summoned all his courage.

Knock, knock, knock.

Just as their faces were about to be close enough for their breaths to mingle, a knocking sound echoed. Shortly after, the door opened, revealing Robert.

Both Eugene and Alexis froze, unable to move or even turn their heads, just staring as Robert walked in. The proficient butler quickly realized what the master and mistress were doing and swiftly turned around. "I apologize for interrupting."

"No, it's okay. What's going on?"

Eugene quickly snapped out of it, distancing himself from Alexis. However, Robert spoke without looking at Eugene, focusing on the matter at hand.

"Viscount Ballardon has come to visit. He requests a meeting with both of you. His Grace has ordered that no one be admitted, but he insists there's something he must convey to you in person. He's waiting outside the main gate."

"Tell him to leave."

Alexis, who had been interrupted at the worst possible time, uttered a curt remark.

"No, don't. I'll meet him. Robert, please escort Viscount Ballardon politely. I'll need to change my clothes, so come back in a little while. Knock and wait instead of coming in right away."

Eugene issued detailed instructions, and Robert quietly disappeared after complying. Eugene was the first to speak once he was gone.

"Before Robert returns, let's do it quickly."

"Do what?"

"A kiss. We were about to, remember? Does the mood feel a bit off? How about we save it for later?"

As Eugene adjusted his position and subtly leaned in, Alexis sensed his strong determination, making him chuckle.

Despite the unexpected interruption, the mood quickly returned. Thanks to Eugene, he felt his anxiety subside.

"Let's do it now."

"Alright, let's do it quickly."Like a moment ago, Eugene grabbed Alexis's cheek and quickly kissed his lips. Alexis's lips felt even softer than he remembered.

"Do you know what to do next?"

While their lips were still locked, Eugene whispered. Alexis had no reservations about a man kissing him. Now he wondered if it would be okay to lick and nibble as well.

"I know."

"Is it okay if I lick?"

"It's okay."

Eugene cautiously licked Alexis's lips. He was very nervous, his heart raced, his cheeks flushed, and he felt good, but there was nothing particularly special about it.

Perhaps I should try sucking.

"How does it feel?"

Before asking if it was okay to suck, Eugene was curious about how Alexis felt right now. Alexis's face, so close in front of him, seemed a bit redder than before.

"You might find out if I do it for you."

"Alright."Eugene responded with great anticipation. As Alexis's tongue touched his, he felt a firmer and hotter tongue than he had expected. The sensation of Alexis's tongue licking his lips sent shivers down his neck and spine, causing him to internally scream.

In a sudden reaction, Eugene leaned back and covered his lips with his hand. Alexis looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Eugene?"

"It's not because I didn't like it. It's because I got startled, really startled. My skin... it gave me goosebumps. It's hard to explain. Let's try it one more time."

Eugene, who had been stammering while covering his lips with his hand, quickly regained his composure. He didn't really dislike it; he just needed a second try to understand it better.

He removed his hand and waited for Alexis's response.

"If you were startled, it's understandable. But let's wait a bit before doing it again."

"Why? Don't you want to?"

Before Alexis could respond, there was a knock on the bedroom door. Knock, knock, knock. This time, the door didn't open.

Eugene realized that Robert had returned. The loyal servant had followed Eugene's order to wait and not come in immediately.

The timing had been perfect both earlier and now. Eugene wanted to shout at Robert to wait, but he held back.

"Tell the servant to wait," Alexis echoed Eugene's unspoken desire. However, Eugene shook his head.

"Let's do it later."

"Later?"

"Yes, later. It doesn't look like it will end quickly."

Eugene smiled playfully at Alexis as he wrinkled his forehead. Meeting with Dagona required changing into proper attire to greet a guest, so Eugene thought it would be better to take their time with kissing Alexis later

However, Alexis's creased forehead didn't seem to relax. He seemed somewhat irritated, maybe even sulking a bit. Eugene found it cute and gently ran his finger over Alexis's wrinkled forehead before getting up from the bed.

"Robert, you can come in now."

Though Alexis seemed to glare at him for a moment, Eugene didn't bother turning around.

"Becoming a top employee, they say. But there's no need for that anymore."

Since his last visit to the Townhouse of Ibyuran, Dagona had transformed from a brown-haired and brown-eyed top employee into a sophisticated silver-haired beauty with long flowing hair. Now, unlike before, she let her sparkling silver hair down.

Everyone knew that Dagona was one of the highest-ranking officials in the current regime. There was no longer a reason for her to hide her identity.

"Silver hair suits you much better."

"Please, save the compliments. Your husband is right beside you."

Dagona laughed brightly, playfully warning to be cautious of his jealousy. Eugene sat next to Alexis and stole a quick glance at him.

Upon reflection, Eugene realized that Alexis had acted somewhat sensitively towards Dagona's sparkling silver hair when they had met at the Queen's party. Despite receiving compliments on her beauty, Alexis had been quite reserved. Looking back, it seemed like jealousy.

Feeling an unexpected surge of happiness, Eugene decided to take a more proactive approach to improve the atmosphere.

"Nobody can deny that Dagona is a beauty. Oh, that's right. Your Grace, you're quite a handsome man yourself, aren't you?"

Eugene grinned and alternated her gaze between Alexis and Dagona. Alexis had a somewhat ambiguous expression, while Dagona, as astute as ever, immediately responded.

Eugene compliments Alexis, saying he's the most handsome guy around. Dagona notices their improved relationship. Eugene spills the beans about his plan to trap Count Lito, insisting on Alexis being part of it. Despite some reluctance, Eugene reveals Count Rito's involvement in mind manipulation, and Dagona supports the plan. The method is all about making Count Rito show up at a specific spot. Eugene then heads to the Duchess's room for work, and Alexis agrees to grab dinner together later.

Eugene, who had prepared for both tea and dinner appointments, smiled, making Alexis feel a tingling sensation. Eugene's face had become sharper over the past month due to various events. However, his smile still brightened the atmosphere when he displayed it.

The words "adorable and lovely" were meant for moments like these.

"Can I kiss you like I almost did earlier?"

"...Now?"

Not realizing that Eugene was referring to their earlier conversation about doing it later, Alexis responded a beat late. He hadn't expected it to be now.

In front of the door? As someone who had learned etiquette through traditional manners, Alexis couldn't help but hesitate.

"It's okay if you don't want to."

"No, I want to."

"Then, please tilt your head slightly."

Eugene held Alexis's cheek at eye level and lightly kissed his lips.

Oh my. So beautiful.

Eugene, silently in awe, boldly slipped his tongue between Alexis's slightly parted lips. Alexis was slightly startled and hesitated, which translated through his palm, and Eugene couldn't help but laugh.

Despite the surge of courage and confidence, Eugene didn't rush. He delicately explored with his tongue, finding it difficult to describe the indescribable sensation that made him feel so good.

"Ah..."

He pulled away, thinking that the sound of smacking lips was improper. As he tried to catch his breath, this time, Alexis reached for his cheeks. The invading tongue was not soft. It was firmer and hotter than expected, moving just like Eugene's.However, the sensation was entirely different from a moment ago. When Alexis's tongue grazed the roof of his mouth, it sent a jolt of electricity through his entire body.

It felt good, but it was overwhelming. Eugene felt like he might lose his mind if this continued. He urgently tapped Alexis's shoulder, but the kiss continued.

When their lips separated for the second time, Eugene was breathless, and his legs felt weak, forcing him to hold onto Alexis's shoulder for support. For the same reason, he couldn't avoid Alexis's lips touching his neck.

Alexis didn't say a word, but his expression alone made it clear that he was enjoying it. Eugene felt the same way. It was as if they both realized why people kissed like this.

But if they kissed a third time, Eugene really might faint.

Trying not to show how breathless he was, Eugene calmly spoke, "If I say this, uh... If I say this, it might sound strange, but... I liked the kiss. So, um, maybe we should try it once a day from now on."

"Why?"

Alexis, who had been considering whether to kiss again, genuinely asked. He didn't understand why they should limit it to once a day when it had felt good.

"Well... because it's moving too fast? Or maybe it's too intense?"

"You think it's too much?"

"How about we exchange affectionate greetings instead? We've reconciled, after all."

Since they had become close, they could now exchange affectionate greetings. Under Eugene's gaze, which seemed to be focused intently, Alexis felt an indescribable depth.

Eugene, who had been acting somewhat distant before, was now awkwardly endearing. But that was how Eugene had always been. He boldly approached people to the point of embarrassing them, and then easily slipped away when they tried to hold onto him.

Nevertheless, looking at Eugene's eyes filled with anticipation, it felt like Alexis would do anything for him. At the same time, he wanted to pull him close and embrace him tightly.

Eugene wouldn't know how patient he was being.

"I won't lick your cheek, so don't worry."

"It's an affectionate greeting, why would you lick my cheek? Just do it. Tilt your head slightly like earlier."

At Eugene's assertive request, Alexis obediently tilted his head. Their lips gently met and separated on each other's cheeks.

It was a customary gesture to confirm affection, but it was special to Alexis. Due to the curse of a nameless demon, he had avoided having people close to him. Kissing and exchanging affectionate greetings were something only Eugene could do with him.

Having given his heart, every small action held great significance. Having once lost it so emptily, he understood how important even the slightest touch could be.

The sensation of warmth spreading through one side of his chest, tingling and comforting at the same time, was both familiar and reassuring.

"I'll come for tea later."

As Eugene closed the door without hesitation, Alexis also turned around. But he could still hear Eugene's murmurs because he had been focusing on his words.

"Ah... I did it. We did it." **

****On a deserted winter night at Esté Central Station, three black carriages arrived, and several burly individuals disembarked, followed by two mysterious figures cloaked and hooded. Despite the station being closed between midnight and 4 AM, they entered without any hindrance.

Count Lito, observing from a concealed spot, suspected the figures to be Eugene and Alexis. He had been closely monitoring Eugene since their plan went awry, thanks to an insider among the household staff who provided information after being brainwashed.

Count Lito had initially planned to manipulate fanatics through a blood baptism and use brainwashed station employees to harm Eugene, but he deemed it risky. Instead, he planned to detonate a bomb on the train while Eugene was on board. He worked tirelessly to procure explosives, brainwash station personnel, and instructed them to detonate the bomb when Eugene entered his compartment.

As Count Lito awaited Eugene's arrival, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his throat and realized he had fallen into a trap. Eugene's plan to return to Hainscan was a ruse, and Count Lito cursed him before dying.

Eugene's plan involved luring Count Lito into the trap, with Alexis and Dagona playing crucial roles in its execution. Eugene wasn't entirely sure if Count Lito would take the bait, but he did. Alexis located Count Lito and swiftly beheaded him, causing his malevolent aura to spread throughout the central station.

Eugene, sensing Count Lito's demonic power, used his sacred power to disperse it, leaving only Count Lito's malevolent human form. Count Lito muttered his last words, but Eugene paid no attention, increasing the sanctity to make Count Lito's malevolent form dissipate.

Once the demonic power was gone, Alexis shielded Eugene from seeing Count Lito's remains, and Eugene closed his eyes to focus. For Count Lito, death marked the beginning of something else. **

In late December, Eugene and Alexis chose to stay in Esté instead of returning to Hainscan. Eugene pretended to be unwell and remained inside, enjoying an ordinary life under Robert's care. On a sunny day, Alexis handed Eugene a letter from the Archbishop.

Eugene's confrontation with Count Lito's Demonic power and the peaceful life he and Alexis were leading in Esté, with a new development involving a letter from the Archbishop.

Eugene received a letter from the Archbishop, who expressed a desire to visit and bless him due to his supposed illness. This request surprised Eugene, as the church had stopped actively searching for him after the Night of Glory, where an angel performed wonders.

Alexis confirmed that the Archbishop's request was genuine and that he seemed quite determined to meet Eugene, offering both official and unofficial options for the visit. They discussed the implications of the Archbishop's visit to Hainscan, and it was decided that they should prepare a place for him. Eugene suggested burning the letter to remove any evidence, and Alexis agreed to handle it for him.

After receiving the letter from Eugene, Alexis expressed his gratitude and prepared to leave. Before leaving, he kissed Eugene on the cheek. Eugene, however, wanted Alexis to stay and spend time together in the sunroom, surrounded by lush greenery.

Alexis was deeply in love with Eugene and wanted to be by his side, but he had important council matters to attend to in the afternoon, particularly concerning the budget for southern reconstruction. Eugene understood the necessity and agreed to let him go. Before his departure, Eugene strengthened the wards to protect Alexis, despite it not being required daily.

As Alexis left, Eugene playfully waved him off, and Alexis mused on Eugene's charming and mischievous nature. He promised that his task might take a while, and Eugene shouldn't wait for him. "Well, then, give me a kiss before you go."

With Eugene suddenly standing up and grabbing his hand again, Alexis chuckled. They had promised to kiss each other once a day, and it had already been more than ten days.

At first, Eugene would get flustered with just a light peck on the lips. Now, he didn't hesitate anymore. Blushing cheeks, he kissed Alexis very gently and a bit awkwardly. Compared to Alexis's confident and intense kisses, Eugene's kisses were incredibly affectionate.

As Alexis leaned in, Eugene quickly locked their lips together. Though it was only once a day, their efforts had paid off as their kisses flowed naturally.

"Oh, you're so cute."

As their lips parted, Eugene whispered how cute Alexis was to his lips, cheeks, and even the tip of his nose.

Caught off guard by the ticklish confession, Alexis couldn't help but ask, "I'm cute?"

"Yes, you are."

At Eugene's immediate and confident response, Alexis was left momentarily speechless. Eugene's teasing had a way of throwing Alexis off balance. Then Eugene's eyes sparkled as he laughed. "I'm serious. You're cute. Very."

"Where?"

Alexis genuinely wondered. The word 'cute' didn't seem to fit him. However, Eugene, with his big, shining eyes, continued to smile.

"When you ask for a kiss, you always tilt your head and let me take the lead. Sometimes, you get flustered and take a deep breath; that's cute too."

"That's cute?"

"Even the way you raise one eyebrow like that right now is cute."

Eugene playfully raised his right eyebrow in a manner that was almost too serious. Alexis was taken aback by the earnest, unmatched sight. Was that really considered cute?

Alexis had been worried about Eugene's aesthetics, but regardless, the fact that he found Alexis cute in his eyes made his heart race.

"You're lovely."

"Well... I suppose I'm a little lovely."

Having received the confession in kind, Eugene hesitated for a moment before smiling gently. He may not be a textbook handsome man like Alexis, but he was sure of his own charm.

With a hint of self-assuredness, Eugene raised Alexis's hand to his lips and planted a soft kiss on the back of it. Handsome men always looked stylish no matter what they did.

"Being in love makes you neglect your duties... I think I can understand the king's feelings."

"…?"

"He didn't want to go to work anymore."

"Don't follow his example. Go to work quickly."

Eugene quickly released Alexis's hand. The Southern Reconstruction project was something Christopher took a great deal of interest in, as Eugene had heard from Dagona. It was something Alexis couldn't afford to be absent from.

Fortunately, Alexis didn't insist on staying. After one more peck on the cheek, Eugene saw him off and then found the chair he had been sitting in moments before.

He lightly touched his flushed cheek, trying to calm his excitement. Being with Alexis made him feel so good that he often blurted out whatever came to mind, which was a problem.

Alexis was perceived as cute by Eugene, particularly in the way he showed affection, like kissing and holding hands. The two shared a playful moment before Eugene expressed curiosity about the Archbishop's visit.

The following day, the Archbishop visited Eugene unofficially at the Duke of Iblia's townhouse. While the official attire of a priest lacked adornments, it allowed the Archbishop to maintain a low profile. During their meeting in the sunroom, the Archbishop requested a private conversation with Eugene, much to Alexis's concern.

The Archbishop revealed his admiration for the miraculous night when the dead walked among the living and explained that he had been receiving divine revelations, urging him to aid the chosen hero to overcome despair. He believed Eugene was this hero and was desperate for information. Eugene found the situation both startling and somewhat unjust, as he had never experienced direct communication with the divine, unlike the Archbishop, who claimed to hear their voice continuously.

Eugene wondered if the Archbishop's claims were possible and questioned the passive response from the divine when he had sought guidance. He managed his emotions while exchanging glances with Alexis during the conversation.

The Archbishop's visit and his belief in Eugene as a chosen hero, as well as Eugene's skepticism regarding the divine revelations.

Eugene reassured the trembling Archbishop, telling him to trust that the moment the divine had spoken of would arrive. He emphasized that, even in the darkest despair, the divine was always present and to have faith. The Archbishop regained his composure and agreed to prepare himself.**

Later, they received an urgent message from Christopher and headed to the royal palace, where they met Earl Hemoric and Knight-Commander Lardelos. The knights thanked Eugene for him help on the Night of Glory, and a tense silence enveloped the room when Bardalon revealed that the seal of the Great Mausoleum seemed to have been broken. Dagona explained that demonic power was spreading in the barren wasteland, and they had spotted demons, which raised concerns about the resurrection of the nameless demon.

The nameless demon's backstory and the potential for its resurrection were discussed, and it was clear that a significant threat loomed over the kingdom.

The revelation of the nameless demon's potential resurrection left the room filled with tension.

Eugene and Alexis, along with Earl Hemoric and Knight-Commander Lardelos, learn about the potential breaking of the seal on the Great Mausoleum, which would allow the resurrection of the nameless demon. They discuss the history of the nameless demon, which took the last remaining dragon's body and wreaked havoc on the eastern kingdoms. The five heroes managed to defeat the nameless demon, but they couldn't eliminate it completely, so they

sealed it along with the dragon's body in the Great Mausoleum, which later became a barren wasteland.

The concern arises as demonic power is spreading in the cursed land, indicating the nameless demon's growing power and the possibility of its resurrection, possibly taking the body of the deceased dragon. This revelation leaves everyone in the room tense and apprehensive about the potential threat posed by the nameless demon's resurrection.

Eugene and Alexis, along with other key figures, learn of the potential resurrection of the nameless demon and the threats it poses. Alexis takes this matter very seriously, realizing the gravity of the situation. He also gains a deeper understanding of the burdens and sacrifices Eugene has endured in his role.

Christopher implores their help to prevent the events of 1,000 years ago from recurring. Count Hemorick and Lardelos pledge their loyalty to fight against the potential threat. Eugene, Alexis, and others reaffirm the covenant of the five heroes from 1,000 years ago, vowing to dedicate their lives to fulfilling it. Eugene finds himself deeply affected by witnessing the oaths and the realization that they are no longer just scenes from a novel but part of their own reality.

The monsters, powered by the nameless demon's demonic power, rampaged uncontrollably, while the number of knights was relatively small. Ordinary soldiers were of little help.

Soldiers, mages, priests, and knights fell one after another. Even Sir Ladulros, a 7th-rank knight, and Count Hemoric fought until the end. However, lacking divine power, they couldn't inflict any harm on the nameless demon.

Alexis, wielding Imperthian, fought valiantly, but he was outnumbered. In the end, he chose to face the nameless demon head-on.

Alexis died as a hero, saving the world. However, the novel didn't end there.

The nameless demon, an immortal being that fed on people's negative emotions and thoughts, found a new body after losing the power to move the dragon's corpse. It was none other than Dagona.

"Eugene."

Eugene turned to look at Alexis, who called his name with a concerned expression. Alexis knew that he couldn't oppose this on legal or moral grounds, and his forehead was deeply furrowed.

Suppressing the urge to say that a handsome forehead shouldn't be creased, Eugene smiled at Alexis.

"It's okay."

He had prepared a lot for this day, so he would be fine.**

**Eugene is on his way back from the royal palace to Duke Ebullion's townhouse in a carriage, and he's deep in thought. He's contemplating various preparations that need to be made to face the nameless demon since the sealing attempt failed. These preparations include organizing a short-term battle involving knights ranked 4 or higher, acquiring consecrated items for the knights to counteract the demonic power, addressing doubts from nobles who don't believe in the demon's resurrection, and obtaining magical items suitable for the winter season. Eugene is feeling tired and leans on Alexis's shoulder in the carriage on their way back to Duke Ebullion's townhouse. Alexis is concerned about his health, but he reassures him it's just fatigue. They talk about Eugene's secret, which is related to his true name that he can't reveal. he mentions his curiosity about Christopher and Dagona's relationship and whether they might announce a proposal, considering it could be a death flag. Eugene reflects on his growing fondness for Alexis and his good personality. They share a warm and affectionate moment in the carriage.Eugene couldn't predict how the relationship between Dagona and Christopher, the protagonists of the novel, would develop. Dagona had been solely focused on confronting the nameless demon, and he hadn't considered Christopher as a romantic partner. After her regression, Dagona's mental age was in her late twenties, making her view Christopher as a younger brother-like figure.

For a romantic relationship to develop, there needed to be compatibility between the two individuals. In that sense, Dagona was a challenging partner.

"Cheer up, Your Majesty. Don't propose out of the blue. It will make a difference, you know," Eugene silently cheered for Christopher**

**** Christopher realizes Dagona has been preparing the nameless demon and had guided him to become king for this purpose. Christopher expresses his gratitude to Dagona, which moves her deeply, even though she tries to hide her emotions. Contrary to Eugene's concerns, Christopher didn't make any proposal like a marriage proposal. That was because there was no strong rival like Alexis, as in the novel. Instead, Christopher had made up his mind to confess his feelings after defeating the nameless demon **

***When it was officially announced in the name of the king that a sinister force was spreading in the desolate wasteland where the Great Tomb was located, people grew anxious. The disaster that had occurred a thousand years ago was not just a legend; it was history. Some despaired, believing that the world was on the brink of destruction, while others prepared their belongings to escape to other continents by boat.The young king takes swift action to prevent chaos, ordering that no cities in the kingdom will be turned into battlefields and mobilizing the army and police to maintain order. He seeks the cooperation of hero families and widely publicized the Covenant of the Five Heroes to reseal the nameless demon. With his royal authority, he decrees total mobilization, gathering knights, wizards, priests, and Holy Knights. The king's proclamation is met with loyalty and commitment from those gathered, mirroring the events of a thousand years ago.It was a moment when history repeated itself after a thousand years**

** Eugene, accompanied by Shaerden, is walking in the castle courtyard despite the biting cold. Shaerden advises Eugene to go inside to avoid catching a cold, but Eugene insists he won't because he's well-prepared for the cold with warm clothing and hand warmers. The active involvement of temples and archbishops was also thanks to Eugene. The Archbishop, who claimed to have received a divine vision, had transformed dramatically and was now fully committed to aiding the heroes. It was Eugene who had suggested their involvement.

The provision of a large quantity of holy artifacts for the expedition was also the work of the Archbishop. While it was relatively easy for priests to imbue artifacts with divine power, creating artifacts with long-lasting effects like the ring Alexis wore required repeated blessings over a significant period.

When Alexis heard the story that the Archbishop had managed to squeeze contributions from priests all over the kingdom to produce a substantial number of holy artifacts, he couldn't help but be amazed. He had never expected the Archbishop to fulfill Eugene's request to this extent.

Thanks to this, the minimum safety of the expedition against the nameless demon was guaranteed. **

***The Day of the expedition started with their plan to seal the nameless demon using five charms. The five charms were simultaneously driven into the ground. A transformation happened slowly. Thedemonic power that had been filling the pit seemed to swell briefly, then disappeared as if draining away.People cheered as it seemed the sealing had succeeded. However, as soon as the short-lived cheers subsided, the ground began to shake. As signs of the resurrection of the nameless malevolent spirit appeared, the heads of the noble families of heroes retrieved the charms they had planted in the ground and gathered around Christopher's location. Despite the distance, it didn't take long for the knights to reach them. The shaking of the earth began to intensify. The edges of the pit crumbled, forcing the expedition to step back. At that moment, a catastrophe burst from the earth to the sky. "..." The dust and dirt billowed, but it couldn't conceal the majesty of the impending disaster. The dragon-like form adorned with thick demonic power was not entirely whole. There were patches where the demonic power failed to cover, revealing stark black bones underneath. While its pupils gleamed crimson, one side of its right cheek was grotesquely contorted. Nevertheless, the aura of demonic power emanating from the nameless malevolent spirit was overwhelming. The opponent was the nameless malevolent spirit. Eugene spared no divine power and unfolded his divine sanctum.A powerful golden light enveloped not only the expedition team but the entire pit, like flames burning.The debuff was removed. Thedemonic power that had clad the nameless malevolent spirit like armor grew faint. Especially, its hind legs and tail, close to the ground, revealed their bones. The wings made of demonic power also ceased to function, causing the nameless malevolent spirit to descend with a tremor in the earth."■■■■■!" Eugene didn't know what the loud cry meant; he had no time to pay attention to it. Crack!

**In the final battle, Ladulos Kyeong blocked the lashing tail of the nameless malevolent spirit while marrows rushed towards the expedition team. Alexis swung his Imperthian and severed the tailbone of the nameless malevolent spirit multiple times, but it kept reattaching itself. Alexis also defeated one of the marrows as it lunged towards him. Eugene, safe within the sanctum and surrounded by knights, observed the chaotic battlefield. The nameless malevolent spirit continued to create marrows using demonic power, and these marrows could only be defeated by physically destroying their cores.In the final battle, the expedition team, including knights and mages, displayed their combat skills by coordinating efforts to fend off the marrows. Christopher and Dagona's performance was particularly impressive. The battle was a test of endurance, with

the side that endured between the nameless malevolent spirit's demonic power and their divine power prevailing.

The nameless malevolent spirit relentlessly targeted the expedition team. However, each time, Alexis intervened to disrupt its efforts. The nameless malevolent spirit released demonic power from its mouth, contaminating the ground and forming the cores of marrows.

During the battle, the sanctum created by Eugene suddenly disappeared, as he had exhausted all the divine power from The holy relic. Alexis called out to him, but received no response. Instead, Eugene reached out for more divine power, and an immense power poured into the sanctum, lighting up the area.

During this surge of power, the shattered dragon heart was briefly revealed. Remembering that they needed to destroy the dragon heart, all three - Alexis, Christopher, and Dagona - acted simultaneously. Christopher severed the ribs surrounding the dragon heart, Dagona used a fire spell to obscure the nameless malevolent spirit's vision, Hemoric and Ladulos blocked its tail, and Alexis stabbed the dragon heart with Imperthian, penetrating it deeply. Christopher threw a Gurlinbukurk into the dragon heart, causing the nameless malevolent spirit to scream and stiffen. As the nameless malevolent spirit's demonic power crumbled, the massive dragon's body collapsed to the ground. People cheered and celebrated the victory.

The nameless malevolent spirit had thrived on human negative emotions and thoughts, making it immortal as long as there were humans on Earth. However, it had now lost a significant amount of power. Dagona was determined to destroy the dragon's bones, which served as the body of the malevolent spirit, by turning them into ashes and dust. They had prepared various flammable objects and magical explosives in the stronghold for this purpose.

The manifestation of the malevolent spirit in a physical form like it had now would require at least another 1,000 years. Eugene, feeling satisfied, drifted into unconsciousness.**It resembled a lucid dream. Scene after scene changed, much like watching a summarized version of a first-person movie. The dream's memories shifted from Eugene Reckvent Linbaissen's hospital room, home, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, convenience store, grocery store, gym, bus, academy, and more. Eugene could glimpse how another Eugene had lived for the past year. After a traffic accident, Lord Linbaissen awoke from a month-long coma The new Eugene initially struggled to adapt to this unfamiliar modern lifestyle, as his passive nature and memory loss left him feeling anxious and withdrawn. His parents played a significant role in helping him adjust, providing him with warmth and affection. He began eating meals with his family at the table, going to the grocery store and market with his mother, and even started going to the gym three times a week with his brother. He learned how to use a mobile phone from his niece, Se-young, and the love of his newfound family members deeply moved him.

As time passed, he became more accustomed to his new life, embracing experiences like trying different foods, late-night soap operas, and learning baking. Unable to return to his previous field of computer engineering, he pursued a short-term course in cake-making with his big sister and developed his baking skills. His last memory from the dream was making a cake for his little sister, who loved strawberries.Upon waking from this dream, Eugene found himself in a familiar white space, with tears streaming down his face. He missed the affectionate voices and even the nagging of his family in this other world. Determined to stay in this world rather than let the people he saved die, he spoke out to the gods, although he noticed a stranger among them.

A man dressed in a white robe had the same appearance as himself. The white world displayed the souls' appearances. In other words, the man was Eugene Reckvent Linbaissen. "I-it's nice to meet you. Eugene(OG) stammered, introducing himself. Eugene, still in shock, also offered a greeting in return. **

Eugene blinked his eyes. Against a backdrop of a deep blue sky, he saw Alexis's face.

As their eyes met, Alexis flashed a handsome smile. "Eugene. Are you awake?"

If Eugene had been more alert, he might have noticed that Alexis was trembling. But, drained of energy and with his mind a jumble of information, Eugene was feeling disoriented.

"Uh... yes. I'm... okay... I guess. What happened? The Nameless Deity, did it...?"

"It's over," Alexis replied.

With a gust of wind, Alexis embraced Eugene. This sudden hug caught Eugene off guard. It was only then that he took in his surroundings. The Imylrane knights had formed a protective circle around him and Alexis, creating a human barrier that obstructed his view of everything beyond.

However, he could still tell that they were in front of the Grand Tomb. It meant that not much time had passed since their previous encounter; the seasons hadn't changed.

"I... I'm the one who fell?"

"You didn't breathe for a while there."

"Oh..."

"It's okay. You're awake now."

With Eugene still in his arms, Alexis abruptly stood up. Startled, Eugene had to hold Alexis's neck tightly. Although his vantage point was higher, he still couldn't see what was happening beyond the human barrier.

However, he did notice that the land, which had been tainted by demonic power, appeared to have been restored, probably thanks to his own divine power.

"We're going back now, Eugene."

The realization that he had a place to return to made Eugene well up with emotions. His mission was over, but the fact that he couldn't return to Earth, that he would never see his family again, weighed heavily on him.

Instead, he had found a new family. There were people he loved. Being with them felt wonderful—so wonderful that nothing else seemed to matter.

"Live happily ever after, just like in a fairy tale."

With this determination in his heart, Eugene whispered while tightly embracing Alexis's neck.

"Now, I can tell you everything. My name is 'Yujin/Eugene.' My last name is 'Jeong.' So, my full name is Jeong Yujin."

Now that the golden thread had disappeared, Eugene's words flowed freely. He could pronounce the name Jeong Yujin clearly.

Eugene looked up at Alexis, beaming with a bright smile. Above all else, he wanted to share his real name, Jeong Yujin.

Alexis was momentarily surprised but soon broke into a smile.

"Jeong Yujin. Jeong Yujin."

"That's right. Now, I'm Yujin Leckvent Imyuran."

"No."

"Huh?"

"You're Eugene Leckvent Ivylraon. You should get it right."

Since they had married and his last name had changed, it was no longer Imyuran but Ivylraon. Even in a moment like this, where every detail mattered, Eugene laughed while holding back tears.

"You're right. I'm Ivylraon."

Under a clear sky on a crisp winter day, Eugene, having completed his arduous mission and found his name in this world, hugged Alexis even tighter.

Now they would live here together.

THE END, Epilogue

**Summary of Side story**

-Euguge accepts his official roles/tasks as duchess ( managing the territory etc.)

- Christopher confesses to Dagona, Dagona doesn’t answer the confession. We don't get confirmation whether she accepts or not. It's hinted in a positive way that she will accept.

-**the last words of the novel- Eugene decided that he would throw a very fancy and grand masquerade ball and whispered to Alexis that he loved him.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  12. stefasa

stefasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The final battle

-The Nameless demon took the body of the last dragon and wreaked havoc on the eastern kingdoms. The five heroes managed to defeat the nameless demon, but they couldn't eliminate it completely, so they sealed it along with the dragon's body in the Great Mausoleum, which later became a barren wasteland.

- The final battle is Eugene, Alexis, Dagona, Christopher and some other allies defeating the Nameless Demon that breaks the seal that was placed by the five heroes.

-After the Final battle, Eugene faints and sees the memories of what happened to his body. The Original Eugene possessed, (MC)Eugene's body and lived with his family. Eugene had a terrible life and living with (MC)Eugene's family made him feel what it was like to have a family and loved them.

-Our Eugene stays as he loves Alexis, The End

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  13. Doooya

Doooya New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y por cierto, el inglés no es mi lengua materna, así que si es riboY por cierto, el inglés no es mi lengua materna, así que escribo mal algunas palabras.
    Ohh, I see, But don't worry, I'll keep waiting for the spoilers here, no problem, and again, thank you so much for taking the time to post the spoilers.

stefasa likes this.
  14. _shinigami_

_shinigami_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did something went wrong? i can no longer see the spoilers

SkyLisette likes this.
  15. lostross

lostross Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler?

16. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Folks is there any actual spoilers to this story or not? Fine I'll do some myself.

We seem to have main protag hit by truck-kun, being told he was a warrior but finding himself in a weak body Lord Linweisan and engaged to the main Antagonist of the story.

The POV was originally in the OGML before shifting to a FL with a revenge focus so the details might be biased and it could be she is a villain instead for whatever reasons unless MC convinces her otherwise. She originally wanted to save her family from ruin and wasn't interested in the Prince's affections for her. Then ML Count Alexis Iverion came into the mix and became the antagonist. Somehow with an epidemic and it killed 20% of the North's populace. (it only had 400,000 to start with (WHICH WAS REALLY NOT GOOD) and included Ludwina (Mother of ML and badass lady who MC og body was terrified of) and his little brother)

It's implied OG FL knew the future since she coughed up blood when she tried to tell about the future. And when MC tries to spill a few details he shouldn't know yet he chokes up.

MC is playing the amnesia trope and actually keeping it up for a change. It helps since he basically doesn't know who these people are and doesn't have the bodies original fears towards them. People are gradually accepting that he "really does have amnesia." His dickhead relatives are sentenced very quickly to ten years in the mines. Same-sex marriage seems to be normal here and Linweisan and the Grand Duke are engaged for five years before being expected to divorce.

Mc plaus Hali Galli (card game) and Jenga with LLeyn (Duke Young bro) and MC lost every time lol. MC managed to get the game patented and make some money from it. We also learn more about the First Duke Iverllion who was a hero who slayed a demon. But he placed a 1000 curse on the family, meaning many Iverllions would die before ever reaching adulthood. Alexis (ML) was born near the end of that curse but his dad thought the curse still manifested in him too.

He abused Alexis into becoming the sucessor and its stated he assaulted Ludwina's his wife's sister Jennian. Ludwina divorced his ass. But that's how we got Lleyn. Duke appointed him as next heir since he didn't have curse and ML was forced to be a monster hunter. But when Lleyn turned 2. Grand Duke had a heart attack. and Alexis became the Grand Duke.

Grand Duke collapses and MC helps him through it by holding his hand (implied he might have healing abilities here) since Alexis asked him if he was man of faith or a priest. And the curse affects those who touch the cursed. Yet Alexis felt it getting weaker when they touched hands. Mc has holy powers.

Rumours are spread that Ml is taking MC prisoner and they deduct Marquis Taylot the guy who has debts on the Linweisan family is responsible since he had most to lose from. They discuss revenge and in a funny moment. MC is fully onboard with revenge and suggest saying Taylot is impotent. They go to temple to dissuade rumours. MC passes out in the same place he woke up when he died and while he can hear the gods. He can't understand them. When he passed out there was an attack.

17. SkyLisette

SkyLisette LadyGrimmOfAutumn

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please!