LCD Sword Among Us

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Sep 5, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sword-among-us/

C1: So, he got harassed in game and the mods did nothing and God gave him a do-over on his life? That's really tame by this genre's standards. He didn't even drink himself to death after losing all of his money and loved ones or whatever. Honestly, it would have been more interesting if this was the moment he returned to rather than from.

lol, I love the nicknaming sense here :LOL:

Also love the timing of his return and the fact that he can still feel embarrassed about it ;)

Honestly, this is probably the best first chapter I've seen for this kind of story.

lol, I'm surprised he actually named his character Young Lonely Seven. The basis of the name isn't really a bad thing, but it's hardly something you'd want to speak of in polite company ;)

C2: What about character creation? He didn't name his character or customize its appearance at all. Or did the author just skip that part?

So, is the Murong Clan hard to get into or not? Or did he just mean that it was hard to make it passed the servant stage?

I wonder if that lady was the one from his vision. I'm expecting it to be so since he'll likely learn the art from that vision and this is where he'll meet his first teacher.

C3: Honestly, that's a much more modest increase in his stats than I was expecting. I was 95% certain he'd blow away the records.

I expect that the speed with which he learns it will impress her, and she'll teach him something better to replace it.

C5: I love that he's actually forced to earn his peerless martial arts. In most of these series, the MC wouldn't even look at the stuff he's learning, and just go straight for God Mode.

C8: Well, that's quite the disparity between his stats and what the skill wants... I hope it takes him a while to close the gap.

I wonder if you can pay for those classes with real money. It's an Asian MMO, so it seems likely, but it wasn't mentioned.

So, even after three years, no one has passed the fifth realm, and he's expected to hit the third realm before he's allowed to learn this technique? I hope it takes him at least a year then. It won't be at all realistic otherwise.

Wouldn't people find out the enemies got stronger at night on the first day? Even if we assume that they were all cowards and refused to go out until they learned a martial art, they'd still figure it out in the first week.

C9: Its sad that even though I've never seen any of her work, I know exactly who Sora Aoi is ;)

I'm amazed that his ranking is so low. In a good way.

C10: It's strange that bronze is more durable than iron in this game...

In what way was that shop a place to get good deals? It sounded like it was basically a waste of time and always would be.

C11: When I saw the chapter title, I thought we'd be meeting Rascal from the ranking website.

C16: 10% seems a bit small for being in the first realm. I'm fairly certain that a good weapon would do more than that.

Why is there no class B?

So, does the assessment only appear when fighting cultivators? If not, then shouldn't he have seen it a bunch of times when fighting the wolves?

C17: Isn't his character still a child? Are all these women pedophiles?

I really thought he was going to spend the money on those gloves he saw the other day.

I wonder why they're not in Gate Realm yet. Even for normal players, a full month should be enough, yes?

C18: Did he get the Eight Triagrams Steps when he got the sword technique, or is he using it without officially having it?

The Blood Saber Sect must be pretty weak if he had to dig that deep to remember their signature technique...

C19: Didn't he get two sword techniques with that sword? Why is he only practicing one of them? Or is he planning to practice the other after he finishes this one?

C20: How do his friend's prevent people from lying about their skills on the ranking board? If they don't even try, then I'm betting that most of the people at the top don't even play the game.

I think his friend heard him alright, and I think maybe he's a little competitive ;)

C22: I wonder why none of his friends have tried to hook up with him in game.

C23: "Happy was destined to clash heads against all people who were ranked third in this life" lol. I wonder if he'll also clash with the third ranked member on his friends' ranking site ;)

Isn't using the villagers as bait basically asking them to die? Their survival is a condition of his quest, isn't it? How is he expecting them to escape from people at or near Gate Realm?

C25: I wonder if they killed the bait, or if they turned back after hearing the MC's fight.

C26: It's nice to see an MC asking for help. I always wind up wondering why they don't, in spite of it being super easy compared to whatever they actually do instead.

I wonder if he just asked for knives, or if he requested help from the sect too.

C28: I've been wondering this for a while now, but if the rascal thing was a well known shortcut to raising your skills, wouldn't it be super hard to find them? I'd think people would be fighting over them almost as much as world bosses. If so, then how was he able to use them to raise his low-rank skills in his last life even after the secret had long since been out?

C30: Is there not a party system in this game?

C32: They should totally just do this mission again. They've still got plenty of people who haven't triggered it yet, and its quite profitable.

That aside, they should have taken the money. They risked their lives and spent their time helping him instead of improving themselves. It's only right for him to repay them. Not repaying them just creates a debt, and if done repeatedly, will make their relationship a very unpleasant one.

C33: Wouldn't alcohol tolerance be determined by stats? And aren't his stats a bit on the low side? I know he's raised them, but its not enough to surpass everyone else by this much.

C34: How did he only spend three thousand when a single cup of the cheapest wine cost 500, and the food cost 1-2k? It's not like he was by himself, or drank moderately.

I thought Qi Ci had a girlfriend, why is he agreeing to teach the MC a lesson for hanging out with women?

C36: Why weren't the knives able to one shot them when they were blinded?

C37: Didn't he originally turn down that armor precisely because it couldn't be worn under his clothes?

I wonder if he's keeping the ranking site up to date.

C38: What makes him think that the people who tried to rob him in broad daylight weren't innately bad? I don't see them as being any better in the morals department than these two. At best you could say they had slightly more courage, but even that's debatable since they didn't know who they were attacking.

C39: Why isn't he learning a lightness technique? Aren't they super important? I thought he said it would be much harder to raise skills to Grandmaster once he entered Gate realm?

rofl. I wonder if she'll tell her friends about his friends strange idea of a dining room XD

C40: Shouldn't 50k RMB be 500k silver taels, not 500? If not, then why was the guy able to start a guild with only 500 silver taels? That's practically nothing.

C41: I'm a bit surprised they didn't put her on public relations. I know she's a bit awkward with people, but being pretty and popular can be OP weapons in the public relations war ;)

That aside, why wasn't she doing any actual development beyond generating ideas? She's in the same major as them, right? She came over because she was interested in actually helping to make the site, didn't she? Why is she getting the same treatment as the guy that said he didn't have the ability or the interest to help them?

So, if they link up with the official site, will registered member's stats be auto-updated? Also, why doesn't the main site already have a leader-board? It's practically mandatory in PvP focused games nowadays.

I wonder if that sect stole (or killed them while trying to steal) the manuals he gave them, or if they just attacked them for funnsies. Also curious if he can go attack them without incurring penalties.

On a side note, why hasn't anyone uploaded any videos of the MC yet? Didn't it say one of his teammates had recorded his fight with the second chief?

2. Redmi

Redmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You actually lasted that long, I only read 15 chapters or so before dropping it.

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't even know this work until this LCD, and reading the synopsis... nah.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He's going to have to exterminate them if he doesn't want them trying to kill him while he kills the boss. I wonder how he plans to do that without turning a sect of 500+ members into his mortal enemies.

Also curious why that sect wasn't worried about making enemies amongst the player base who would then join/create sects and band together to exterminate them. The death penalties in this game are quite harsh after all, and assassination quite easy. No need to make enemies en masse without a better reason than the very small skill gain for a small number of their weakest members from monopolizing the rascals. Though, its possible that they still don't realize how easy assassination is yet.

That aside, why aren't any of the NPC sects that these players belong to upset about them being bullied? Murong's power is primarily NPCs that could crush any ten players without issue. One of their members was disgraced by numbers. There's no reason for Murong to stay quiet. Or are the NPCs programmed to ignore PvP activities?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he refuses to kill people whose names he doesn't know, then why would anyone tell him their name?

That aside, what is his plan for dealing with the sect when they notice he's taking on the fortress and decide to try and rob him? Unless that one group is all they brought, they should be quite dangerous. Though, that shouldn't be the case since it was stated that the sect was aiming for the fortress. Pretty much all 500+ should be there, and even Happy should have a hard time dealing with that many players while also fighting a boss that's two realms higher than him, two sub bosses one realm higher than him, and however many bandits are left that are at the peak of his current realm.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why must absolutely all achievements be Happy's achievements? Even when his teammate fought for ages, putting his life on the line, the author still gives the victory to Happy. I know that's hardly an uncommon thing, but it just always irritates me.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be nice if realms actually mattered.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    New teammate spotted.

It looks like the NPC sects really don't protect their player members. Either that, or these guys are even stupider than they appear.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still unclear on why the MC can't use martial arts from his last life. He used them all constantly. They should be engraved into his very soul. Even if he forgot the ones he didn't use much, he should still be able to use the others, especially low level arts that he probably used and fought against constantly on his way up. Heck, even if the system was controlling all his actions to execute the skills (which doesn't seem to be the case), he'd have to be practically braindead to have not learned any of the martial arts. I mean, its not like this is xianxia. Hardly any of his attacks use qi in any way.

10. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    I too am shocked you're wasting the few brain cells you have left on this. I clocked out when the group was called 4 lonely bros. The back in time VR MMORPG stuff mean nothing to me after read RSSG. Pointless level scaling, power scaling, pay to win, and so called wish fulfillment.

11. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation Of The Strongest Sword God? Is it good?

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    With a requirement like that, they could give the quest to every player in the game and three years later it would probably still be a super rare skill.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This nonsense with the DTS is honestly quite boring.
    Nope.

14. Sigismund

Sigismund Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the demonic cultivator is sus