Swords of Legends Online - Xianxia themed MMO

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Beren, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Part of the Gu Jian Qi Tan (古剑奇谭) series, the Western localisation of Swords of Legends Online is planned to release summer 2021 published by Gameforge.

There's 6 classes with two roles each, action combat system, lots of story cutscenes & quests, dungeons and raids, PVP, housing system, collectible mounts, pets, and costumes, etc.

What do you guys think?

Isaac20 likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it has great potential for nude patch.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Gameforge and 0 gameplay shown makes me skeptical, but at least I'll keep an eye on this.

Something I've noticed in general is that in these Chinese xianxia-style MMOs you can generally only be human (not even some kind of humanoid fantasy race) and the enemies are basically only humans as well, so it gets pretty boring from the non-existent variety.

Hopefully that's not the case with this one, but I didn't see anything that suggest that's not the case in this trailer at least.

p.s. watched the housing trailer afterwards, and the housing system seems to be great though

4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    ...sounds like every other MMO out there? Isn't this just another Blade and Soul?

5. bnap

bnap Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is out now. The translations are iffy but for those of us on here who read Chinese novels, it's fine for the story. The main issue is the translations of game mechanics being unclear often enough. IMO I'd like to wait to play when translations improve but I don't know if that would happen

6. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once you're max level, open season spawn killing 24/7 : enjoy the non-stop ganks. Also US server sucks and the only one is in the east coast. English voice acting is not only the worst (half of the voices sound like robots and the other half sound like random English hobos), it's also incomplete because there's random Chinese voices still mixed in. If there ever was a cash grab.... this would be it.