Recommendations Sworn brothers, friendship stories and MC ended up with only one girl

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by areniey93, Feb 25, 2020.

1. areniey93

areniey93 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like xianxia novels and have been searching for any stories about friendship/sworn brothers and MC(and maybe his friends too) really only have romance with one girl and ended up with her. Either one of them or both in one novel.
    For example:
    1. Douluo Dalu (both have mc with one girl and friendship)
    2. The Great Ruler(mc with one girl)
    3. Stellar Transformation(have both)

I have read some interesting xianxia novels, but mostly found harem ending. I actually don't mind with harem but the more I read, I getting annoyed with some girls who have one sided love with mc, but managed to make him feel bad/sympathy until he decided to take her as 2nd,3rd wife. I prefer for mc to actually love rather than just feeling sympathy/guilty..

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Undefeated God of War. Tag says Xuanhuan, but so does Douluo Dalu's and I, personally, don't see a significant difference between the two (from memory, one is supposed to care more about the Circle of Five Elements and Dao than the other, or something like that). Anyway, the entire story the MC only has a single girlfriend, and a significant driving force for the story is the MC chasing after his girlfriend's shadow. There is mutual care between the two, but MC's girlfriend moved away back to her family at the very beginning of the story, and when the MC gets to where she had moved to, she's run away due to various details and is off being awesome. Seriously want to read her story from beginning to end one time, but I doubt it'll ever be written.

areniey93 likes this.
  3. Superioreos

Superioreos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transcending the Nine Heavens is the ultimate sworn brothers series. He gets a whole group of them which basically form a group to help each ither and follow the MC. Unfortunately there is a harem but it is a reasonable size (less than 5) if I recall. Although the brothers separate they come back together a lot and are essential to the plot.

areniey93 likes this.
  4. Pyrtzii

Pyrtzii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord Xue Ying - MC is dedicated to only 1 girl. (I think he makes couple friendships here and there).

areniey93 likes this.
  5. areniey93

areniey93 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I currently read. I really like the interaction between sworn brothers, and sometimes too funny!! XD
    But at romance.. I got annoyed, seriously.. Some girls showed too much weakness, they make mc feel bad for them? From that moment I know that it will be harem ending..
    So far the only acceptable harem I read is BTTH, since at least Medusa is a better 2nd girl than them..

6. Superioreos

Superioreos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely understand why you would feel that way. The romance in TTNH is subpar at best but I think it is worth slogging through it for the overall story and the sworn brothers. As for BTTH you are absolutely right. Medusa best girl!!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  7. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, I guess Rebirth of the thief who Roamed the World &The World Online. Both are VRMMORPG genre, but both are non harem. The World Online was bit hellish for me to read though, as there's so much data & patriotism, but I liked MC being adamant on having only 1 wife. Both are protective towards their loved ones.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020