Spoiler [System] Apocalypse Killer (female MC)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ludagad, May 1, 2018.

1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: 养成系统之末世杀手 (MTL'ers should know how to find the source. I don't wanna give the pirate site here) by 狂翎舞

Synopsis:

She is a robot-like killer. To her, killing is simply a pleasure. The numb and mechanical wave of the knife is also just a way to have fun. When she opens her eyes again, she is faced with an ugly head dripping with blood. This world is vastly different from her original world, it is lacking in common sense. No other choice but to figure it out on her own. Anyway, she has something called a system - she only has to complete missions. [This novel has multiple endings.]

Note:

I have endless bookmarked titles, so I thought I'd do something random with a title I randomly picked... I'll do some chapter spoilers while I read, and if it turns out interesting, maybe someone will end up translating this. There can never be too many zombie apocalypse novels out there, especially with a female MC :3. I don't think it's being translated, but my memory isn't too great, so... do warn me if you've seen it. Also, if it gets boring or annoying, I'll stop reading and jump onto something else like always.

Leng Yan (MC is out on a killing mission, Her target is the second most secluded 0mafia boss. She's excited because killing is her interest, and killing powerful people is her hobby (sounds like a psycho so far). She climbs the wall and locates 3 people behind it. She shoots them and sneaks into the boss' room. She's disappointed that he's sleeping, but she won't do something as impractical as waking him up just to have herself a challenge. She shoots him too, but then loses consciousness. She wonders whether she missed something and how she got poisoned.

In the next moment, she's sitting in complete darkness and a system binds to her. It makes her pick a profession out of a list. And since the list had 'killer' on it, MC of course picked that. Then the system picked a world based on her profession and said that she'll be transferred to that world in 10 seconds. She should be prepared to complete missions, hidden tasks, random tasks, branch missions, etc. MC is actually clueless about anything other than killing, so she has no idea about things like system, tasks, games and so on. But she doesn't see much difference between being a killer in this world or another world. And the other world might be more interesting. (The summary makes it seem like she accepted it easily, but she also had her moments of wondering what was going on. But she's very adaptive.)

The MC is transferred and feels that her body is a bit too weak and obviously not her body - too delicate, no scars, just a slight touch and the skin would bruise. Then the system says "White lotus character selection successful. Main mission is to evolve the white lotus into a top killer." MC doesn't know what white lotus is, but before she can ask, a head with disgusting breath and brain matter dripping down its face is approaching her. She reaches for the guns reflexively, but there's nothing there. Then the system asks whether she wants to equip the newbie package and MC agrees. It's a knife, which she uses to cut the head off. The blood spills out and she moves aside to avoid. She's already out of breath because of the weak body. Then a female voice sounds: "Oh?"

Two girls - Liu Feifei and Xu Yun are standing behind MC (whose name in this world seems to be Xu Yurou) and mocking her that she's weak, has no special ability like them, and the prince she's waiting for won't be coming to save her now, she better submit to them and thy would save her. MC ignores them as she looks around and speaks with the system. She finds herself in a classroom where the doors and windows are blocked with desks and chairs. A large area in the middle sis empty and the three girls are standing there. The windows are bloody and MC can see shadows moving around.

She looks at the head she had just cut off and it looks like a monster. She wonders what kind of world the system brought her to, but the system says it costs 100 points to get that info. MC has 0 points right now, but she can gain points by doing missions. Her first task is to kill 10 zombies for 100 points. MC accepts. MC takes a look at her dagger and is pleased by the shape. She likes collecting weapons and mourns her collection at home. System says she can buy weapons with points. In fact, she can buy anything she wants. In the meantime, the two other girls are displeased that MC is ignoring them, so they attack her with wind blade and water sphere. MC still has the basic reflexes and avoids them. While they are charging for a new attack, MC swiftly kills them (that was quick even for common cannon fodders), then tells the system to continue their talk. System says: "...I've finished."

MC wonders how a zombie got in when all the doors and windows were blocked, then guesses it must be the two idiot women who lured it inside. After thinking awhile, she removes the barricade, takes the body of Liu Feifei as a shield and goes out, experimentally stabbing a zombie with the dagger. She finds out only hitting the head kills them. Then she lures one inside to finish it off and get familiar with the circumstances.

2. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's hands are a little tired. System says the mission is 10% complete after killing a low-level zombie. Before she can speak to the system, a wind blade nears her and she has to avoid right away. It's Liu Feifei looking strange and white-eyed (her body was bit earlier when MC used her as a shield.) Corpse Liu Feifei seems faster than before and a new wind blade followed. MC observed that there was a pause before each attack though. After avoiding a new wind blade, MC rushed to Liu Feifei and slashed her head off. System says the task is 20% complete after killing a level 1 zombie. MC relaxes and sit on the floor to analyze: 1. The zombie dies only after cutting the head 2. The zombies eat people 3. After being bit by a zombie, you'd turn into one too 4. The zombies have levels.

The afternoon sun shines through the windows and a glare blinds her. MC finds out it's from a crystal inside Liu Feifei's head. The system rewards her 10 points for finding a crystal nucleus. MC also gains 'Holmes' (no freaking idea, maybe cause she analyzed her situation) and 100 points reward. Harvesting the primary nucleus unlocks the system's ability to self-harvest the nuclei and MC gains 10 disposable attributes. Self-harvesting a primary nucleus, the MC gains 10 disposable attributes (so 20 in total I guess). MC asks about the attribute points and the system says she can change her character's status values. Then it tells her how to view it.

Name: Leng Yan, Xu Yurou
    Nickname: None
    Achievement: Holmes (primary, upgradable)
    Physical Strength: 20 (max 100)
    Charm: 80 (max 100)
    Agility: 25 (max 100)
    Skills: One-hit beheading (primary, upgradable), Lovely pitiful (advanced)
    Weapons: Daggers (primary, upgradable, unnamed)
    Partner: None
    Faction: None
    Teammate: None
    Mounts: None
    Accessory: White Lotus Aura (bound)
    Backpack: 2 primary nuclei (absorbable, convertable) <---I guess she auto picked the other girl's nucleus as well
    Mainline task: Not triggered
    Random task: Kill 10 zombies. 20% complete
    Branch task: Not triggered

MC asks: "2 nuclei? What does Lovely pitiful mean, and what is Reputation -50?" The system says the 2 nuclei are from Liu Feifei and Xu Yun respectively, and the lovely pitiful and -50 reputation were results from the White Lotus aura. Then MC asks what white lotus means. The system explains: With a saintly love, she sufferes with clenched teeth and tears. She's always tearful. Even if someone stabs her with a knife, as long as they apologize, she immediately sympathizes and forgives them. Delicate and tender, kind, fragile, harmless, innocent, no schemes, pure.

MC is convulsing. "Can I take it(the aura) down?" White lotus sounds like an idiot who's weak and helpless. The aura is bound and can't be taken down, but she's relieved to know it won't affect her (only affects others, she won't actually turn into an idiot). MC then thinks about the nuclei and concludes that only zombies and humans with abilities have those. The system tells her 'Holmes' has upgraded as she got 100 points. She currently has 210.

MC first intended to use points to ask about this world, but since she already learned about zombies, she thinks it's not worth wasting points. Instead, she uses the attribute points - 15 to strength and 5 to agility. She knows her own skill, but the body is too weak to display more than 10% of it. Her strength is now 35, agility 30, but she feels it's still too low. She notices that the dagger skill has become intermediate. So as long as she recovers her original strength, she'll also recover her skill. She names the dagger 'Silver' and then chooses to absorb the two nuclei. But it turned out painful. The two forces were fighting each other inside her meridians, seemed to be incompatible, then gradually became milder and dissipated. She didn't like this feeling of not being able to control her body, since it made her feel helpless and easy to be killed. When she looked at the character panel again, her strength is 40 and agility 50. In the skills, she has two additions: wind blade (primary, upgradable) and water sphere (primary, upgradable).

Seems she can absorb abilities by absorbing the nucleus, but the system says it's only her who can do that. The others can only absorb their own element nucleus in order to absorb the energy required. The system says that since the host wants to strengthen her body, it found a 'magic power ring' that can be bought with 200 points. The shop interface showed the details. The ring can adjust the wearer's maximum gravity and prolonged wear will increase strength and agility (it weighs her body down in other words). MC has no hesitation to buy it. She also thinks it's more comfortable to gain her strength by exercise rather than those strange other methods. It's more tangible. She used the remaining 10 points to exchange for a bag of embroidery needles, since she wanted to have some concealed weapons. Then she asks whether others can see the shop interface, but system says no. Then MC grabs the dagger, opens the door just so one zombie can enter.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  3. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Oohhhh finally, looks like the advent of female MC system novel spoilers threads is here! I'll be settling in to watch this thread, it looks good~ ^-^

ludagad and Gigicast097 like this.
  4. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooo.... Interesting, very interesting.... So rare to see such a story with such characters....

5. hothotpot

hothotpot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking the spoilers, maybe the reason han feng has ice and wind ability is because his name sounds like cold wind _(┐「ε: )_ *coughs*

Thanks for the spoilers~! (。’▽’。)♡

kiara8 and ludagad like this.
  6. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, their names are so strange xDD;;. Leng Yan = cold words... Xu Yurou has the characters for soft rain inside, just a typical white lotus name if you ask me. Let's not talk about Wangzi (prince) who's like a sunshine prince. The author didn't think too hard of names, that we can be sure of.

7. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link

MC snuck in the toilet to eat something. Since her food is in the backpack (I assume the system space) she didn't want to be conspicuous. When she went out, Hu Shaner is right there waiting for her and MC almost punched by reflex. MC frowns and tells her there are other stalls free. Hu Shaner chases after her and tells her she can tell her a secret. MC is not interested. Hu Shaner says that MC was in danger last night, Wu Yuan had her gun pointed at her and if it wasn't for Hu Shaner to stop her, MC could've been hurt. Hu Shaner shows a teary expression and system comments it's the Lovely pitiful skill. MC: "Scary!" She thinks that if she can't complete the random task, she'll have such a face for a month. But raising Han Feng's favorability to 500 seems too hard. Hu Shaner says MC has to be careful of Wu Yuan and she'll help her, as she looks innocently at MC. MC only notes that the favorability went from -891 to -900 and is speechless.

MC just sidesteps her without much reaction and Hu Shaner wonders why it didn't go as planned. Normally people would be grateful to her and try to be friends. When MC went back, Wangzi tried to give her a bag of beef jerky, but the MC refused again since she's not hungry. Wangzi complains that they should be friends and the system reminds her that it'll raise favorability. MC is bewildered but takes the bag. She doesn't understand how he's so eager to give her things when if someone took something of hers, she'd chase them to hell to kill them and take her thing back. The favorability rose from 497 to 570. The task is 57% complete. MC reminds the system that she'd given up on the task.

Han Feng told everyone to get in the vehicle - it's a land rover. Wangzi sits in the middle of the back seat and urges MC to sit next to him. Wu Yuan who was sitting on his left glared at her, but MC didn't really care where she'll sit. MC sat down, opened the bag of beef jerky and started munching on them slowly in boredom. She hadn't eaten any snacks in her previous life and she found them delicious. She thought of her points again and those random tasks. She noticed Wangzi looking at her and she gave him a piece of beef jerky and started thinking of her tasks again. Wangzi smirked and bit the beef jerky and licked her finger in the process. She looked up to him and he looks back innocently like a puppy. But he's disappointed since the MC thought it was just accidental and tells him to be careful, it's not hygienic, as she wiped her finger on his clothes. Wangzi didn't respond and chewed on the delicious beef jerky, thinking "next time".

MC is looking at her minus points and wonders when she an get normal tasks. The system says there's a low trigger rate because they're too bloody and too simple for the host. MC is thinking that even without a task, she'll kill zombies. One because of the crystal nuclei, and because she's ultimately a killer. She can't go indiscriminately killing people, but zombies are different. The times are also different, crime seems to be rampant. MC complains that how can her tasks not be bloody when she's a killer. Killing 10,000 zombies wasn't bloody? The system reminds her that the main task is to be a 有血有肉 top killer (didn't translate it before, but I seem to get that it's important now. It should mean something like vivid or lifelike, like she needs to become more human, have a character, not just be interested in killing and weapons). MC doesn't get what the system means by lifelike top killer. She ends up asking what 有血有肉 means and Wangzi overhears her. He uses a finger to flatten frown between her brows and asks her whether she wants to know what it means. MC asks whether he knows and he says yes.

Wangzi explains it's a metaphor for vitality and content of life, a character who's vivid and enriched in content (meh, mtl). MC actually knows what the metaphor refers to, but she can't really connect it to 'top killer'. Wangzi says it's the popular meaning, but to him, anyone who has feelings can be considered 有血有肉 (have flesh and blood, lit. meaning). MC suddenly realizes something and gets angry. She knows she's cold blooded and doesn't feel much for anything, but she doesn't want the system interfering with her and forcing her into things. No one is qualified to pressure her, she can do as she likes. MC gets more and more annoyed that she's brought to this world without a choice, that the system controls her and gives her tasks to do and her life is in the hands of the system. But even if she wants to retaliate, she can't do anything. The system asks her to calm down (lol). It says that if she doesn't want to be controlled, she should become powerful, and if she doesn't want to die, then keep living. MC is speechless but seems to agree. She thinks that she even killed her foster mother and had her life in her hands. In fact, she wasn't really controlled now either. The system required her cooperation for those tasks, or else it's like they don't exist. The system agrees that they're working together. MC is a little tired. Because she's surrounded by people she doesn't trust, she hasn't rested at all and was always on guard. But she has to live with them for some time and fears that she'll end up dead of exhaustion. The system suggests sleeping pills for 100 points. MC thinks it's too cheap compared to all the previous products and feels like it may be a trap. Or is it a bad product being so cheap?

Going to sleep now.

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh screw it! I’m putting my danmei list on hold and start with this instead :(

Ok nvm. @ludagad if you’re still up can you pm me the pirate site? I can only find one site and it doesn’t let me copy and paste on my phone :(

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  9. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Only 1 chapter for now. Have to go out and do stuff. I wonder if people like this format... After all, it's not like they get actual translated chapters, and it's not just a quick summary either. But you do get to know what the novel is about quicker and with more detail. Personally, I'm up for more such stuff. :hmm::hmm:

MC steps on the accelerator without hesitation and Hu Shaner screams not to go. She's still holding onto the car and the vine has her foot. Even when the car was speedily moving away, Hu Shaner was still holding on; the vine seemed to be cooperating and lengthening along with them. Hu Shaner is crying and begging for help, looking at everyone in the car. MC says that if this keeps going on, the vine will end up wrapping them. She uses an ability for the first time and shoots some fire arrows in Hu Shaner's direction. Hu Shaner is cying but then stunned that the arrows went above her head and targeted the vine. The vine wasn't broken, just had a spot burned and giving off a nasty smell, then it retreats and Hu Shaner is safe. Yun Duo reaches out and brings her into the car. Hu Shaner is still stunned since she was obviously against MC, but in the end MC was the one who saved her.

Sitting inside, Hu Shaner looks at the rest of the team. When MC said that the vine will wrap them, Hu Shaner could feel the killing intention of everyone. In the crucial moment, the people she trusted didn't move, but the one she hated helped her. In fact, MC didn't put that much thought into it. It was just more convenient to target the vine. MC noticed that it was actually a huge mutated snake instead of a vine, which makes it more dangerous. As for revenge on Hu Shaner, MC didn't put her into her eyes. She only divided things into life-threatening and non life-threatening. While driving, MC searches the map and finally finds a green light 50 meters underground. The reason she didn't see it before was that the map only showed things above ground. She has to adjust it to look underground. MC adjusted the map to flash yellow if there was a creature 100 meters underground and to flash white if there was a creature 100 meters in the sky. After that, MC kept driving, The snake was injured but it could still follow. Moreover it was level 4, which makes MC feel unsteady. She's not strong enough for it and she doesn't trust Han Feng and Chu Ye to defeat it. She's always been a lone fighter.

10. therandomcookie

therandomcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @ludagad I personally prefer this over a shorter, less detailed summary! But anything's fine ~ Translating and summarizing are no walk in the park :blobhighfive::blob_pompom:

ludagad likes this.
  11. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok.... This book is pretty fucking exciting!!!!

Thanks @ludagad for the awesome summaries :sushi_thankyou:

ludagad likes this.
  12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m reading the endings rn and it seems weird

ludagad and Shizun like this.
  13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobnosebleed: There is a danmei ending at the end

14. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Could be because of all the alternative endings. I kinda took a look xD;. You can pick your most desirable ending (capture target).

15. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    But imo the endings come too abruptly, 1 second the MC is an emotionless killer and the next the MLs confessed and they alept together. Wth

16. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw, it's that type of rushed ending :blobfrowning:. Guess the author got too bored with the story or wanted to move on to another one. At least she finished it and didn't just abandon it. :blobexpressionless: