Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Was he not going to close? Did he perhaps delayed the closure of his shop just to teach them? If yes, then, that means that he might be more desperate than Etum initially thought. In any case, all the better for them, it meant that despite flaws, as long as it's not too damaging, they will likely be able to work there.

After sliding into the uniform, he felt a bit uncomfortable, it was a bit too large. Whatever, it did not matter much, did it? Following that, the butcher was in the backroom with some animal corpses. More specifically, lamb and hogs. That was obvious-- who would eat wargs? Nonetheless, as long as they get the gist of it, they should be able to dismantle wargs with not too many troubles. Of course, he started with the hog. Apparently, according to him, the skinning and gutting more or less take around one hour or so.

"A example is better than any explanation. I won't reply to any question."
    Example first, then theory. While he did say that, the butcher was actually explaining each step-- rather clearly, not like it was complicated. Or at least, the theory does not sound difficult. Then, the practice is a much more different process.
    "In any case, by the time I am done, you won't practice."
    What he meant was that they would not have time to practice under his watch. After all, letting strangers into his butchery to practice dismantling without him? That was nothing but a terrible idea. They simply have to come back tomorrow morning after his rest.

SatanicalAngel likes this.
  2. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was pretty dark by the time they finished their first lesson, and it looked like everyone had gone home already. The streets were so quiet it gave both comfort and insecurity. For a normal person, that is. For Moon it was brilliant. Mostly just because the moon and stars were out.

Moon watched the sky the entire way back to the guild, and even though it wasn't a long walk, she still felt happy she got anytime outside. She knew they had a long day of lessons and quests tomorrow, which meant they would need to head to bed as quickly as possible to get an early start. But she could help but feel sad at the same time. She missed home, she didn't even remember it, but she missed it.

"Hey Etum, is this our life now..? Will we have to continue like this... Forever?"

Quaesitor, Naraku and AliceShiki like this.
  3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Forever? Of course not, that's common sense that nothing lasts forever."
    Can Etum even speak of common sense considering their circumstances? Nonetheless, never did she thought that such a line would leave her mouth. Etum did not feel quite much-- rather than that, nothing had changed, that it was the good old routine. As if he always lived this way, simply going along with the flow. At the very least, it was a good thing that he was not that attached to places he cannot remember.

"Didn't you want to travel anyway? Everything ought to be much more different than from Elysion."
    There was something else than he wished to say-- let's just not care about such things as memories, just enjoy life as it is. Yet, his mouth could not word them at the moment. Whatever. Etum shrugged over it and decided to think about something else.

SatanicalAngel and Quaesitor like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    After some time I ended up waking up... I didn't hear the noises of evil birds nor of Mofu Mofu nor of that person nearby... I wonder if they got lost? How silly of them! To get lost and miss Ilya! >.<

Well, it's fine, now where do I go next...?

I looked around to see if there was any place to go, but everything was still pitch black... Mister Sun should really work harder in findings its light.

For now then... This way! I said as I started flying in whatever direction that was, let's hope there is something tasty there because I was getting hungry already~

5. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    The being squinted at the man as he used his word on himself. Like a rusty engine, the cogs in her brain started working.
    Apply to myself?

Her words were Apathy and Death. Both could lead to self-destruction, yes.

"That's more like it." She nodded in a lofty manner. "What is your name, young man? And what lies in that city?"

She pointed at the civilization in the distance.

Quaesitor likes this.
  6. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Sighing, Moon had to admit, a lot was going to change. She could only hope that it was for the best.

"You're right... I do want to travel, and move on from this place to find some answers. Although a part of me doesn't see the point... Anyway, you still have the room key?"

They finally reached the guild and Moon was excited to go to bed and put the day behind her. The butcher shop would be a challenge, but an important one. Plus, it would save them a lot of money. If memory served, they had the 4th room on some floor she couldn't remember. So much had happened their room was the last thing on her mind, but now that she was so tired that's all she wanted. Although, she had preferred to sleep under the moon, it might have seemed weird to sleep on someone's roof, and it was too dangerous to sleep in some ally. Especially with the welcoming she got her first time in this city.

Bounding up the steps, she opened the doors to find the whole place was empty. Guess even adventurers had to sleep too. She stopped at the door so that Etum could lead the way. She had already proven she was terrible with direction. As well as staying on track in general.

Naraku likes this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    When he noticed the current state of the Guild Hall, he couldn't help but smile.
    "Huh. It's better when it's like this. Quiet."

Taking the lead, Etum remembered that the room they rented was the fourth room on the left. And of course, on the fourth floor. Good thing that it was simple.

Unlocking the door, Etum decided to check inside and huh'ed at the sight. The room was fairly simple, clean but not comfortable.
    "Well, that's not too bad... but I guess it's a bit small?"

Not as if they could complain, it was better than sleeping outside, under the threat of the weather.
    "Oh well, it doesn't matter much, does it?"

Now that he thought about it, they forgot to eat, didn't they? Goodness. They gotta make it up tomorrow.

SatanicalAngel likes this.
  8. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hm, just call me Till. As for what is in the city - I'm actually not sure. I've been living in the forest ever since I woke up."

melomarl likes this.
  9. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    "You haven't checked? Indeed, this lord-" She stopped when she sensed how her words don't seem to be normal. She sighed. It seemed like she never adjusted for someone before. "I... I think that humans are more dangerous than beasts."

She seemed to recall something at the back of her head but like before, those images evaded her... only leaving a name.

Mikhail.

Instead of moping over it, she turned to Till.

"Then again, civilization is the hub of information. I shall go there." As for what would happen once she's there, she didn't know.

She had a feeling that she wasn't good at dealing with people...

Quaesitor likes this.
  10. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alright then. If you find out anything interesting and end up back in this area, I'd appreciate it if you share it with me. For now, though, you probably need food and drink..."

I search my pockets before finding what I was looking for. A simple pouch made from leather (from the unfortunate boar I killed), containing various nuts and roots.

"There is some food in here that's edible for humans. You can eat it over the course of a week or two, but any longer and it might spoil. I can't be sure whether you really are human, of course - and I'm not going to check without your permission."

Remembering how defensive this woman was, I place the pouch on the ground in front and take a few steps back.

"Feel free to take it."

melomarl likes this.
  11. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Mikhail cocked an eyebrow. Was he taking her for an informant? After looking at the pouch of what could be edible things, she then asked what caught her attention more.

"How will you check whether or not I'm human? Your sorcery... no..." Mikhail shook her head. Where did sorcery come from? "Your word or concept can do that?"

Quaesitor likes this.
  12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I know a concept that allows me to view the information on things. I can also restrict the amount of information that is returned so that I don't get to know things I shouldn't. I can't guarantee whether it works on you, though. After all, you and me, we're not exactly normal."

melomarl likes this.
  13. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, I see. It is a good ability."

While mine can only lead to death.

She hasn't tested her concepts yet but judging from only those two words, it won't be anything good. Still, she didn't mind. But she would like to know the extent of this ability.

"Better not try that ability of yours for now. Until we meet again, young Till."

She started walking away, forgetting the pouch of food the man offered. If she wanted to test her words, she needed to be some place another fellow amnesiac wasn't in.

What would she do if she accidentally killed him? She still didn't know the power plays of this world. Committing murder on the first day would be troublesome. And getting away with it was even more.

Quaesitor likes this.
  14. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hey Etum, why do you always like it quiet?"
    Moon tilted her head as she sat down on the bed on her side of the room. It was small, smelled funny, and creaked like a old rusted door that hadn't been opened for years, but it was better than nothing. She waited patiently for his reply, and hoped that she wasn't over stepping any bounds. But if they were gonna travel together Moon wanted to get to know them. And hopefully be close friends. Being in a new place is easier with a friendly face.

"I-if it's a personal thing it's okay not to tell... But if we're going to travel together and stuff, we should know each other's likes and dislikes. You know... So that we don't get on each other's nerves...because I'd hate...to get into an argument.."

Moon's voice got smaller and smaller as she continued to try and not sound like a complete idiot. Her face was red from embarrassment, and she turned away in an attempt to hide it. Suddenly she regretted asking at all.

15. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I nod in understanding - having someone else access your information would be both scary and dangerous. Not to mention that she has no guarantee that I will tell her the truth. Well, trust is earned, so this is normal.

"Till then! Stay safe, alright?"

I wave her farewell, only noticing that she didn't take the food with her once she is gone from my sight. Well, I'm not going to chase after her to give her the food. Shrugging my shoulders, I pick up my food pouch and resume my stroll through the forest, lost in thought. In particular, the injured man I treated some time ago comes to my mind again.

Or in other words, there is danger in this forest. So I need to be able to defend myself. And, well, if it's some sort of beast, I'd rather fight it from a distance - getting into the reach of, say, a wolf's jaws or claws seems rather painful. And what I have available, well... isn't a lot. Some bone tools, mostly. But I'm sure that I can make something good with them...

On the way back to my cave, I apply filtered data to various trees and rocks, trying to find a good material for some sort of ranged weapon. Seems like there is some metal ore around here, but I am lacking the tools and knowledge to extract the metal from it, not to mention turning it into a weapon.

What to do, what to do...

melomarl likes this.
  16. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Time after time had passed and Sky was bruised, bloodied and in tatters as everything was broken, injured and his sense of things was slowly withering from weariness and his mental scape was slowly collapsing.

Yet, he always feels that there was something in him that assures his senses to not rot and he slowly crawls using the damage sword as his walking stick.

Sky didn't turn back from the corpses of monsters behind him as the tireness from the fight had dragged his tired body to the nearest place he knows.

While he could see the light far from the city, the city he once tried to leave to set out his journey, he could see that the sense of uneasiness in him as there was a dark clouds which in the east, a dark storm was brewing.

"I-i remember there was an monster wave slowly approaching Elysion.... I need to.... *Blood Coughs*"

Sky slowly collapse yet again but he resisted the urge to fall unconsious as he needed to go and help the people he became familiar there. While it was short, he had bonded with the people whom treat him as one of their own.

"I-i need to hurry and...."

Right as he was about to take a step, his sword had hit a rock which was small to cause him to trip and fall unconscious, leading right next to a nearby cave.

Quaesitor likes this.
  17. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    As I am about to return to my cave, I stop as I smell blood. With a frown on my face, I search the area before discovering a torn and bloody corpse - no, it actually seems like said person is still alive. What a surprise. Even more surprising - I actually remember him. He was another like myself if I remember correctly. Well, time to get to work!

I enter my cave, get my makeshift stretcher, and place the bloody man on it before carefully carrying him into the cave. Once inside, I quickly disinfect my hands with an alcoholic mixture created from overripe fruits and herbs before getting to work. I apologize in advance for what I'm about to do... I filter his medical data, getting myself a view of his injuries. Seems like they are worse than I expected... but I'm not going to let him die here.

Thus, I apply doctor to myself, the memories of a lifetime of medical practice rushing over me, instantly filtered to those relevant in this current situation. With practiced ease, I disinfect his injuries, apply makeshift herbal bandages to injuries that aren't that deep, set a fracture, and sew the deep injuries together with a disinfected bone-needle and sinew.

As he has lost quite a bit of blood, I quickly prepare a mixture rich in iron and feed it to him so that his body will have the iron required to recover from the blood loss. Once that is done, I finally relax and sit down next to him. That seems to be all injuries treated. The rest is on him.

18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I started feeling quite hungry after flying for a while... I wanted to eat something already...

It's so hard to find food though, why couldn't it just fly towards me and let me eat it!? >.<

As I pondered on how would I find food though, I suddenly noticed the air stream started making a sudden shift up... How mysterious? What is making the air go up?

I tried moving forward to find out and... *thump*

Hit my head in a... Rock? It is too smooth to be a rock though... Uhn... What is this?

I tattered and tattered, but all I noticed was some really really big and super smooth piece of rock... I wonder how it got here?

Well, it must not be tasty anyways, so let's fly over it~

I followed the air current up to go over the big rock, and it was like... Really really big! Took me a while to go over it!

Now, where to go next...?

"Hey! You can't fly over the walls! You need to go through the gate!" I suddenly heard a loud voice come from the side...

I turned my head towards it and answered, "What is a gate? And uhn... Is this big rock a wall?"

The voice stayed quiet for a while, but then it said, "There! That is the gate."

"There?" I said while tilting my head.

The voice seemed to be angry, "There! Where I'm pointing at! Look at it!"

"How am I supposed to know where you're pointing at if Mister Sun didn't find his light yet?" I asked while a bit confused...

There was some silence again... Oh, I'm smelling something nice! I think there is food over there!

I started flying towards the smell's direction, while the angry voice shouted "Hey! You can't go there!"

So loud... This person isn't very fun to be around... Now now... Here we are~

I got close to the nice smell and bit on it... Mmmmm... Such weird thing this is. It resembles an apple, but it is soft and has some other flavors mixed in... I wonder what it is...

"THIEF!!!!!" I heard someone shout... Why are people so loud over here?

And is thief the name of this food? Thieves must be yummy~

*BAM*

Something collided heavily with me... I was flung out and started spinning while being totally dizzy... Ugh... What just happened...?

The thief wasn't near me anymore, and I was on top of something prickly, but soft... I was hurting a lot again though... Where did that hit come from...?

19. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "D-dammit Sis! The pig is eating my shirt again."

On such a hazy memory, there was a young boy who was currently struggling while one of his shirt was being chewed on by a pig. A young boy with black hair was currently trying to rip himself off from the pig who was currently ignoring the boy who was angry at him, the pig continue to chew on his shirt without any care as a young girl who was older than the boy came in and help the boy torn off the pig, leaving only its saliva on his shirt.

Sky was currently gazing at the scene from afar as he felt like the young black hair boy had similar features as him. He was positive, energetic and more happy in his life, even when he is currently in a predictament. It was like he was staring at a person who was somehow him but more childish and aspiring.

Yet, there was a sense of pain awaiting him and Sky felt like this guy's life would start to go to hell in the near future....

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"U-ugh...."

While lying on something, he slowly come to his senses from the darkness as he felt like his voice was echoing, feeling like he was in a cave somewhere. He was currently adjusting to the feeling when he slowly notice that there was something covering him and felt like his body barely hurt than before.

"U-uh...w-what happened...?"

Quaesitor likes this.
  20. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Upon hearing the patient regaining consciousness, I immediately jump back up on my feet.

"Oh, you're awake again! That's great, I wasn't sure you'd make it. You were badly injured when I found you, so I pulled you into my cave for treatment."

I approach him and look over his injuries again that seem to have healed quite well.

"Just to be sure - is there anything feeling weird or hurting? Oh, and let me apologize - I checked your medical data without your permission."

While talking, I quickly grab some food and drink from behind me and hand it to him.

"For now, it's best if you eat and drink something to recover."