Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Once it turned around, they noticed something weird. Night had fallen. No, not quite. It was only a zone of the plains. Then, the night did not come, but something made it appear.

"Around... a hundred metres?"
    Wait, what are metres anyway? A sigh escaped its mouth and thought that it was bothersome. Words that he did not know would naturally leave his mouth yet the meaning remained foreign to its mind. However, considering what he thought of, it must be the length of that zone or something similar. What should he do? Approach the center of the night and search what is the cause of this phenomenon, or?
    Whatever. There is not anything to lose anyway. Thus, the creature approached the centre of that zone and saw someone.

"Huh. So, it's not something, but someone."
    It seemed to be a young boy, or at least, that is what it would consider as young. Now that its curiosity was satisfied. What should it do? Leave or try to contact that boy? Obviously, contact. As it thought earlier, there is nothing to lose.

"Good evening, I suppose. Could you tell me who're you?"

@Fossil
    OOC: No worries 'bout the range, already discussed with Fossil regarding that~

2. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yet another amnesiac, I assume?" I ask as I spot the next approaching girl.
    Ah, it seems like she dislikes personal contact. I pull my hand back and think for a second. While lost in thought, the new arrival ( @Arcadia Blade ) already leaves.

No matter. I can still try to share what I know - brownie points and social connections are important after all.

"I have come to notice," I start, "that I can apply the concepts I know on myself." Only now do I consider that the others could be different from me, without any concepts.

"While doing so, it seems like all parts of the concept get applied. Physical, behaviour, supernatural - all of it. For example as, say, a dog, I would have an urge to chase things. So be carefully what you apply to yourself, lest it has an undesired influence."

leegood likes this.
  3. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking towards the...thing in front of me. I couldn't understand if it was a man or a woman in front of me. A bit repulsed, I respond, "My, er, I am Nocturne. A pleasure to meet you this fine evening." Greeting the...abomination? I started studying them, seeing if they would take any actions to harm me.

Waking up in a strange place was bound to make a man cautious, no?

leegood, Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Nocturne huh. That's fitting."
    Commenting, the created wondered what it could say. Then, she noticed the distress in his voice. Either that person gets stressed with stranger, or her appearance is fearsome.

"I cannot give you a name yet. By that, I mean that I cannot remember mine. Thus, call me Etum."
    What does Etum mean? It didn't know, but for sure, it spontaneously left its mouth. In other words, it was a name it was familiar with.

"No matter. May you tell me where are we? Per se, I am lost."

leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  5. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Arriving at the forest, he started his usual task of collecting herbs to which would earn him little of sum. As to why he don't go into subdugation quest or anything like that, he felt like his instincts had told him it was dangerous for him as fighting would lead to something bad for him and he decided to take on quest that requires him to be a pacifist.

'Why am i avoiding fighting? Isn't it normal to go on a quest and even fighting monsters?' He thought as he felt the sudden change of the day ahead of him suddenly turned into night.

"W-what....?"

As it became nighttime instantly out of nowhere, he felt something weird that the day which suddenly turned into night, he felt like it was a power of a Wanderer at work, to which the natives believed that had change the perception of day and night.

"C-could we cause something like this....?"

He spoke with fear as he was scared of something unbelievable as the power of a Wanderer was something out of this world.

The power to change the perception of day into night, the power of teleportation itself and....

"[Buff]"

A new conception he tried out, to an animal that passes by, its phyiscal self suddenly bloated with muscle fibers to which it steps on a ground and instantly jumped into air without any warning and suddenly disappears into the skies....

"W-what the...."

He exclaims as he felt the animal he once saw to just suddenly disappear into the sky once he used a 'Concept' on it by accident. He knew that a Wanderer's Power were abnormal to the natives in this world.

And.....

"Would this power of mine be able to regain my memories....?"

He wanted to know more of himself. Why was he here? How come his memories felt fictional the moment he recall the conversation of those unknown people? Why was he nice to some random strangers he met? And....

"........... "

Why was the first time he saw a corpse..... He would give out a smile....?

6. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hoh. At least you're more useful than that fool."

The ability to influence using written language...I see. But what's with the difference?

Unlike the prior 3 words that were glowing yellow in her mind, the word 'Chuuni' showed up blue, and stayed blue.

"Very well. You seem to have some measure of ability, so I shall deign to converse. To begin with --- your name. I will permit you to state it."

Crossing her arms, the girl declared thus haughtily.

AliceShiki, leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  7. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I raise an eyebrow at her behaviour and suppress the urge to shake my head. Let's just humour her.

"You honour me."

Now, if only I knew my name. Time to make one up.

"I am called Tilis."

AliceShiki, leegood and Haxagen like this.
  8. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "E-rank...."

After working for small quest such as helping out cleaning, working and collecting herbs everywhere around the city of Elysion, He made enough progress to rank-up to E as the guild staff was quite surprised at how dedicated the young man was with working such a small and cheap labor without any complaints.

One can already have reach a new rank by doing quest such as subdugation and earning enough kills to rank up but he tirelessly worked hard without any rest and completed quest after quest without any break and after 50 quest completion, he was finally eligible for a promotion.

Without any killing a single monster, he had ranked up by doing odd quest no one would even willing to do and even earn the citizen's hearts by doing good deeds and helping people, causing him to earn their trust and even being given many gifts to which he accepted with a smile.

Then....

(You useless piece of sht! You wanna try to be nice?!)

(Heh, being a good child really ain't helping you get accepted by people. Face it, your just useless.)

(Worthless Child! I have to put up so much sht because of you!)

He could see a tiny fragmented memories of which he slowly began crying without noticing it as he felt sadden and gloomy like he felt the memories he recalled suddenly were painful to watch.

Yet, he felt like it was something he had experienced as he pull up his chest cloth and saw the scar marks all over him.

'W-was I..... Evil...?'

He thought as he always feel that he was always been inferior by others and was treated with disrespect.

Like that time that girl he met who mocked him for being a fool. Was she right about him....?

"No.... Maybe i'm different...."

He turns to the fountain water and leans towards it as he felt like his appearance was widowed to look feminine.

Whenever he smiles, it was awkward like he was just forcing himself to smile but he knows that he wasn't a fool but someone who holds a secret and maybe a reason as to why he was sent to this world.

Sky knew that he was just someone who was lost and unknown to this new place as he could find something to help him understand why was he here.

Would it be to help people in need? Would he create a place for people like him to belong?

Or....

He looks at the pockets, filled with money he earned from his quests as he can travel the world and search for people like him, her and those people he met called the Wanderers as maybe he can find a way to return by using the Concept of Words he aquired as he held some papers he had been researching around.

'Old Wanderers of Past'

He had been collecting notes and information of people who are not only those whom he met but also those Old wanderers who have been roaming in this world and maybe he can find answers from them as he made up his resolved.

'I'll find a way to return us back to our worlds.'

He doesn't know why but he felt like he brought to this world to find answer to this strange world as he began suiting up equipment to which his gear was made with metal plates to cover his vitals, leather on his body that was attached to hold those metal and give maneuverability to his movements and basic tools and weapon such as a sword and two daggers,One as a spare in case things go bad.

He was fully suited up as he rested at a cheap inn before setting out to a place where a dungeon was located.

After setting out, fully equipped, the guards were quite surprised that he finally look like an adventurer as they were worried for him for the first time. He always shown to be quite a pacifist and friendly but seeing his new look, he was more looking like a warrior as if his personality had change into a serious look.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine."

He smiled to which the new gear made his appearance more feminine and if they didn't see his old get-up, they might had forgotten that he was once a guy.

He bowed to them as he began setting out as he would open his map and mark a certain location outside the city.

It was far from the location he first appeared in as he decided that it might be a location to find some clues as he was still surprised that to see those Three were still there just idling around.

He wanted to greet them but remembering that he was annoying to them, he decided to continue forth and head to the deeper side of the forest....

9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "What sort of blasted name is that...well, to each their own, I suppose. It's a hassle to remember, so I'll just call you Til. Meanwhile, you may address me as---"

For a temporary name, I suppose Ran will do for now.

Activating: Chuuni.

Wait, wha---

"The Tiger of Echizen."

That isn't even a proper name?!

She managed to keep a straight face as she delivered the follow-up line.

"Ran is also acceptable."

10. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were to say that it is a butchered Latin word, I would even be able to explain what Latin is, so I'll just keep quiet.

My mouth twitches as I struggle to contain my laughter upon hearing her name before I try to cover it up with a polite cough.

"Certainly, Tiger of Echizen."

I once again am at the border of my self-control upon having said this. Time to distract myself with proper talk.

"Have your experiments with our powers yielded results yet? One thing that I am curious about is whether only parts of concepts can be applied to oneself, or perhaps even only part of one's body."

And I do wonder what my transformed body looks like dissected.

leegood likes this.
  11. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I'll kill you.

"If you're up for the experiment, I'll gladly oblige. I, for one, can't wait to see what happens if I mix two of them together."

The smile didn't quite reach the girl's eyes, which was gleaming with a sort of...hunger? She held up one finger, and little embers manifested a few inches above it.

"A flaming person would be quite a sight to behold..."

12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "No need to be so violent," I mutter as I twitch upon hearing her mention setting someone on fire. Judging from my burn scars, a subconscious trauma.

Hmmm... do I wonder what ticked her off though? I don't want to be set in fire, so I should be really to run.

But that aside... my eyes focus on her finger. So you can apply it to things apart from yourself as well?

"I see you also have had success in using the concepts, Ran. I assume that you have something akin to fire?"

AliceShiki and leegood like this.
  13. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yes, that much is true. For now..."

Ran cupped her chin, frowning.

"Something came up, so I'll be going."

She said as such matter-of-factly, having already made up her mind, turning and heading in the direction of the city.

14. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Till then! Good luck out there."

I casually bid her farewell.

Interestingly enough, it seems like calling her Tiger of Echizen angered her. Perhaps it was the passive influence of a concept that made her give that name?

Didn't seem like she had any concept active though. Strange.

leegood likes this.
  15. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Hearing the creature, no, Etum speak, I got the feeling that their voice sounded more feminine than not. Still a bit confused as to what she is, I responded, "I have no clue. I woke up here, and asked for it to not be day any longer so I could sleep more. Then the moon suddenly came out, along with the lights in the sky. As for the name of this place, or how I got here, I don't know. Heck, I barely even remembered my own name...."

Thinking for a bit, I came to say something that I almost know I'm going to regret, "There is a city nearby, though, so perhaps we could go together to look for clues?" What could possibly go wrong, right? Hopefully we won't be questioned about the sky turning dark.

16. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May seemed to feel that maybe exploring around more would be better.
    Sending an adventure may spoke "an adventure?"

Quaesitor likes this.
  17. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May had nodded to the question, "ah, did the field give birth to you too?" When she looked at someone about to start adventuring she waved "it was nice meeting you~" she followed the adventure looking person.

Quaesitor likes this.
  18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Look like we are on the same boat then."
    Thinking aloud, Etum thought that there was nothing else they could do. The only way to know anything to speak to people with knowledge. Unfortunately, none of them were one. Now that he thought of it, why was it not shocked once it saw the night coming suddenly? Was she familiar with this kind of event? Did he have any kind of power on its own?

"While we are walking, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"
    While it does ask for permission. She simply demanded an answer right away.
    "What do I look like? To begin with. Am I blurry? Or is my appearance distinct?"
    Considering Nocturne's previous reaction, there was something wrong with his appearance. What was it exactly? He did not know. If Etum was not blurry, then, it meant that something was wrong with her eyes. If that's the case. Then, going to the city may not be the greatest idea.

'...Again. I know things, but I don't know where from.'
    Somehow, it was becoming annoying not to know.

AliceShiki, Fossil and Quaesitor like this.
  19. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    “Well...,” I begin to say as I look at the thing more clearly. As I do, my eyes seem to lose focus as the creature’s form starts melting from a man’s to a woman’s. His back occasionally sprouts wings, and his mouth grows fangs. Her legs split in two, taking the form of a horse, then slips back into a single pair of frog legs. It’s eyes multiply into eight, then compound together like those of an insect’s. “You look like an abomination of nature that’s unsure of its identity. Every part of your body is constantly changing, along with your voice. I would try to get that figured out before we leave.”

AliceShiki, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "So, you can perceive something."
    That was certainly a difference. While for Etum, everything about her appearance was blurry. From another's point of view, he literally looked like everything and nothing. Considering that they were headed towards a city, that would be nice to settle to a humanoid form at the very least.

'...So, cities mostly have humanoid creatures? I suppose I can learn something from my slips-up.'
    Then, how does changing form functions? Do I have to imagine a certain shape? Its inner workings? Let's just concentrate on the humanoid shape for now. For instance, let's say.. a similar stature to Nocturne. Two arms, two hands, same height, same proportion.

"Mmmm. I cannot see any change... that is troublesome. If only I had a mirror... oh, a mirror. Perhaps I can see myself in a reflection..? Wai-"
    However, at the moment, Etum took a look at where was supposed to be her hands, and-- there were hands. It's a bit less blurry. Nonetheless, its eyes could not see the colours, and exact details of these. Along with the hands, it seemed that everything was more or less decided.

"...Did I just have to think of a shape?"
    In other words, when Etum has not decided what form to take, it would switch to everything and nothing at the same time? That does seem to be the case. What if he forgets about it? Or when she's sleeping? Would it unconsciously change?
    It confirms one thing at the very least, for sure, they are not human.

AliceShiki, Fossil and Quaesitor like this.