Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    “...Huh. Well, I guess that’s solved for now? Shall we get going?” I said, looking at a human shape similar to mine. It was distinctly male, but still different from me. Good enough to pass through into the city, though.

2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yeah." He replied.

"I was heading to a dungeon where i can find some clues about people like us in the past."

He recall from the books he had read in the library. It spoke of people who were also like them, having lost their memories and having the power of concept to bend reality to their words.

While he was interested in why people like him were here in their world, especially without any memories of their past, maybe he can find the answers from the people of the past as adventurers once discovered their locations called Dungeons.

While treasures from the wanderers can be found there, he was more curious of the adventurers finding some kind of 'Words' they couldn't understand....

'Maybe the words they spoke are those we used to bend reality to our wills or something like that. The power of' Concept of Words'? The mysterious powers we Wanderers are given.'

He decided as he look though the map to which it was a dangerous area, filled with undead and gloom.

Quaesitor and leegood like this.
  3. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May seemed to have been deep in thought while her actual thought were...

I wonder if I'll meet somebody getting born from the earth? Maybe I'll make a new friend! Ah, or maybe I can declare them my child~

She seemed to have made up her mind "I'll go along with you stranger-person-fellow-born-from-the-fields person!" She happily hummed a tune she did not remember, but somehow any listener would get the feeling that she was butchering the tune miserably, and if the original singer heard it, would get angry.

She peeked over his shoulder "Ah, a map?" she wondered how she knew it was a map, maybe it was a drawing?
    "If it's a drawing I give it a 6/10! you can get better, I believe in you!"

Her Belief Seemed to have power in it, though the effect was miniscule since it was said half-heartedly it seemed to boost the target's self-confidence by a tiny smidgen.

Though the person herself seemed unaware of her first word of power, only thinking the word Believe was just a really good word to think of~

Quaesitor likes this.
  4. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Haha... I really hope so...." He smiled as he didn't know why he seemed a bit hopeful. He never knew that someone had given him a concept to which his confidence slowly rose.

He didn't mind the mild insult to his map making as he only just gave a rough idea from the map inside the city as he was making a simple map he drew from a random book of historical maps on the world.

Though this random person was quite difficult to talk with, with her quirks of communication being unable to comprehend, he was able to understand some words or movements she made as he felt like she wants to join in with his adventure. While he felt like he might dragged that person into danger, he instinctively knew that he might be capable of fighting, even when he didn't know why.

"Well, in the map, there's this location about a dungeon deep in the forest. It might have dangers you might not expect as i don't know if i can keep you safe. Are you sure about it?"

His worried gaze turned to her since he was thinking more of the dangers and how he might put this person into one.

He didn't even know if he can fight well, being a pacifist who don't even know if he can defend himself. So, he wanted to make sure she was ready to go with him. Knowing the dangers he will face.

5. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    She thought about it and nodded up and down thrice.

"Of course there might be danger~ its and adventure after all!" She waved a stick around "don't worry I think I can swing this stick at bad guys!" She seemed to be aging around with the stick.

"Though it'd be better if we could avoid fighting~? Making friends is good too!"

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  6. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Same." He smiled. "I wanna avoid fighting at all cost as well but...." He trailed off.

He had talk to people about the monsters at the destination they would head as he was told that the monsters there were mindless beast. Undead creatures that wouldn't listen to reason as he grips the sword on his waist.

"Its better to be safe and cautious of the uncertainty. I'll do my best to protect you." He cheerfully smiles. "If we run into any danger, i can do something like this."

He points his hand as warm light envelops @leegood . Giving the sense that all her fatigue slowly healing.

"I have this strange power to heal people and i can even run fast and........ This!"

He suddenly disappear in front of her and appeared next behind her instantly.

"Hehe....I can at least do something like this." He made a gesture as if he can magically teleport people when they come across any danger. Even if she didn't join him, he can secure his own safety or others by the power of his concept.

Then...

"I am prepared as i'm all packed up for an adventure. Maybe we can even find treastures there or something hidden we can find, power that would help us return to our world. Or even help us recover our memories."

He began to walk into the forest and turned to his companion, waiting for her to come with him. While he was unsure of the dangers inside, he wanted to secure her safety above all else.

leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  7. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The Tiger of Echizen sat alone at a table, sighing.

Shut up! Don't call me that!

Ran retorted to nothing in particular, glaring all the while. She cast her eyes over at the other tables, and was greeted with...well, nothing. Everyone who made eye contact abruptly looked away, save one.

"Uhm, Miss Ran."

"What?"

"Here's the list of breakages, so..."

The girl sighed.

"Where's the idiot that picked a fight? Have him pay for the broken furniture. Why should I have to compensate for acting in self-defence?"

"So you say...generally, people acting in self-defence don't end up sending six others to the healers."

"Would you rather I had sent them all to their makers?"

"Well, when you put it that way..."

Giving up, the receptionist took out something else instead.

"I've completed your registration, Miss Ran, but please refrain from using flames in this establishment to the best of your abilities."

"Hmph, fine."

Once she was left alone once more, Ran played around absently with the badge which she'd been given. She was pre-occupied with two lines of gold and blue.

'Dancer', and 'Dignity'.

AliceShiki, leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  8. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now along once again, I proceed to take another look around - only to see a, well, a patch of darkness a fair distance away that was not there before. Putting 1 and 1 together, I immediately assume that another one like me did some shenanigans. This one, though, might have a lasting impact on the local ecosystem.

No, seriously. Is there anyone to fix this kind of stuff? Something interesting, though, is that it seems like concepts can also be applied to an area. I suppose... that means I could fix it, in a certain way? Hmmm... I know concealment, so I could potentially make the spot of night harder to notice. But I don't think I can conceal an area that large, so I'll just pretend I didn't see anything for now.

But looking at the city, and the people I have met until now, it might be good to not just barge in. My gaze inevitably falls on the forest. Has food, tends to have sources of water, trees protect from rain, likely has some caves or such... seems like a decent place to stay at, right?

A quick look to the left and right shows me that no one seems to be watching me. Time for concealment just to be safe, but actually... isn't it time for yet another experiment? Perhaps I can apply both cheetah and concealment to myself. First concealment, so far so good. Now cheetah...

A sharp pain runs through my body as incompatible parts of the concepts clash, slowly filtering out more and more until only the compatible parts of cheetah remain. With another pang of pain, they fuse together with concealment. My body, this time, is barely human anymore as the compounded concept of what seems to be concealed feline predator overpowers my human part. Still, it does not seem like I have the full power of two combined concepts because parts of cheetah were incompatible.

But this... still is quite effective. Judging from my black fur and my self-perception, I should be something like a panther - only far harder to detect than an actual panther. Anyway, time to get some food. I dash into the dark parts of the forest, the predatory instincts of the applied concept temporarily taking over.

-----

When I come to my senses again, my hunger is sated and my mouth and fangs painted red from blood. Which, I have to admit, tastes rather good in this form. But this... loss of control... is concerning. I should make further experiments in regards to not applying the full concept. I dispell the compounded self-application, resuming to having only concealment applied to myself before inspecting my surroundings more closely.

It seems to be a cozy cave. But I'd rather not have any visitors enter, so time for the next experiment. After standing up and stretching my sore muscles, I proceed to the entrance. Inspired by the previous sighting of an area of night, I try to apply concealement on the area of the entrance. And it actually works, though it feels like the effect will fade over time like this. What to do, what to do...

Struck by sudden inspiration and instinct, I dab my fingers in some blood and paint a convoluted symbol on the entrance based on my own feeling of concealment. And behold - this time I know it will stick around for a while.

Well, that's promising. Who knows what else I can do?

leegood likes this.
  9. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    Feeling more energetic she smiled happily "thanks for that~ " she was more bouncy than before it seemed

"Recovering memories ~ and defeating the undead~? Sounds fun!" She finally found a good enough pointy looking stick and stuck with it but kept an eye out for anything better.

"Maybe we'll get good drops from the undead?" She herself wondered what drops meant but asked the full question anyway.

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  10. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Good Drops?" He tilts his head like he seemed to not know about that phase but he was somehow familiar with it for some reason.

They began to go into the forest a bit deeper as the trees began to turn more and more rotten as the continue to walk deeper inside the place.

Sky was feeling tense about this situation as the more they walk, the more danger they felt.

Suddenly, something began to approach them at fast breaking speed as he quickly saw a blur which was heading towards his companion as he felt the cold sweat dripping behind his back and quickly draw the sword on his waist.

He quickly stood in front of her and the approaching blur and made a slashing motion by instinct as he felt like he had cut something fleshy and saw that he had beheading someone or something that approach them.

There, a rotten humanoid corpse was finally seen and was instantly bisected cleanly as its head was easily taken off but Sky felt like he was sweating hard and felt the cold sensation of him putting someone in an almost dangerous spot.

"........Haah.......Haah....."

He actually felt scared for the first time.

Even when he was running into town and meeting some monsters on the way, he was still fine and excited to know more about the world around him. He met new people and even became friends with the natives in this world.

Yet, when his companion was in danger, his instincts kicked in and stood in front of the monster and without any hesitation, he cleanly behead the undead creature who had tried to attack his companion.

While he felt that it was unnecessary to do that, he wasn't sure if his companion would be fine without him and even it was partially his fault that she joined him in his adventure.

".....Haah....Are you okay....?"

He lightly smiles with a worried look, not thinking about his own self. While he was sweating for a bit, his concerns about himself was ignored as he was more worried for his companion who was with him.

11. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, yes. They won't attack on sight I believe."
    After much time, they were finally able to head towards the City without worries. Or so Etum had thought. There was still an issue. Cloth-- jokes aside, it seemed that she could replicate outfits as well.

Just in case, Etum will try to keep in mind his appearance. As she did not know how it works, she preferred to keep it in a corner of its mind at any moment. It would be troublesome if she returns to her initial state.

Quaesitor and Fossil like this.
  12. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, right, that would probably help," I say after seeing Etum make clothes. Shaking my head to clear the image of Etum's horrid figure of before from my mind, I look to the sky to remember where I first came to in this world. It might be important for later. Soon after, I start walking towards the city, saying, "Let's go," to Etum.

There shouldn't be any trouble getting in, but if the city requires identification to get inside, or money.... Well, both of them would be in trouble if that was the case.

Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  13. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately, it seemed that no identification was required. As they got closer to the City's gate, one could see that people were, occasionally, entering and leaving. On the way, Etum decided to add a hood to her outfit, despite lacking memories, she had no problem in imagining one. A problem was that it seemed out of place.

However, regarding her face, the colour of her face and such, he could not carelessly take Nocturne's complete appearance and modify it, so not to look identical. How would it even modify it? Everything boiled down to one thing, the City.

"...Huh, it's smaller than I thought. Any idea where to go inside the city, or shall we ask the citizens?"

Fossil and Quaesitor like this.
  14. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    A pointy Stick Was in a position where the Monster's head would be if it was not sliced in half By sky.

"Ah that thing came out of nowhere~ spooky!" She poked the undead thing with the stick to make sure it was dead.

"Un~ my hand moved on its own? Though I wonder if it has any loot on it~" Looking on the tattered remains one would be very doubtful that there would be anything of worth.

"Don't worry too much~ I can at least preserve my own health ~"

Quaesitor likes this.
  15. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see..." He saw that she had pointed her stick right as to where the undead would land as he felt that she was fine even if he didn't help her out. Yet, he was kinda doubtful of her weapon of choice as the stick would be fragile enough to break without a moment's notice.

"Here. It might not be much, but at least its better than what your holding at the very least." He took out the knife he used as a spare and gave it to her, feeling that the weapon in his hand was at least doable and more durable.

While it might seem unwise to hand her the knife, he felt it was a better choice than having her use a stick in their journey.

"I feel like this place is getting darker the more we step inside but i have a trick for something like this.

[Gather thy light and illuminate our paths, Lumina]"

On his fingertip, a white tiny light began to shine as Sky raise the tiny ball into the air and began to light above them.

They could finally see the path they were heading as on the far side of the forest, they can see a small ruin made of stones and falling debris in front of them. He felt that ruin maybe the one they were heading as he stopped and had forgotten something.

"Oh. Ahaha. I had forgotten to introduce myself. I'm Sky. Just a Wanderer whose kinda lost and finding a way to recover my memories. Since we'll be companions for our journey, why not know ourselves better?" He smiles brightly while always on guard for any monsters trying to attack them.

16. leegood

Reading List:
    Link
    "You may call me may~" the girl giggled at the sentence while accepting the knife "ill make sure to keep it safe!" She swung it around a few times to get used to It.

"I also want to remember ~ then I can make do more things!" She had clapped when light appeared. "Thats great to have sky friend~"

She remembered a feint memory
    Streets that were lit up
    People walking
    "Itd be nice if their were street lights ~"

Quaesitor likes this.
  17. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Street Lights?" He tilts his head in confusion and stopped for a moment.

He began to recall a faint memory of people having fun in the darkness and partying like there was no tomorrow.

Food, drinks and merry people could be seen as the faint memory of the conversation became even more clear and distinct as he felt like he wasn't part of the conversation of theirs.

'So that explains it....' He thought as he knew know why he didn' t belong into that group as he was suddenly distant from those people.

While it was just an unnecessary memory which he thought to be useless at first, he found that it might be a core memory in his past as he felt a bit excited to know more of himself.

Why was he pretty athletic? Why is he adaptive to his situation? Was he someone famous in his past life or was he someone who had a special circumstances as to forget his own memory.

He began to move towards the ruin and more and more monsters began to appear as he easily dealt with them with ease.

Kicking an undead acrobatically in the air, beheading monsters with perfect precision, he was also pulling his companion away from danger like she was attacked from behind and appeared behind her back to block and kick the undead away from her.

He didn't know why they were so attracted to them as he kept calm even with the disadvantage in numbers as he felt he was used to this for some reason.

Right until they reach the entrance of the ruin did the undead stopped appearing as he began to take some deep breaths to calm down and felt the tiredness in his body.

"[Heal]. It seems we have arrived at our destination. Quite tiring to fight them for so long. Luckily, they stopped and can take a breather....whew...."

He slumped down on the groun and leaned into a wall as he calm himself down from the fight and didn't expect himself to be such a capable fighter.

What was his past life like? Why did he have some skills he instinctively knew but had always thought he was weak and feeble? This questions he couldn't explain himself as he stares at the dark underground place which might lead to him finding some answers.

"A-anyways, shall we go?"

leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  18. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hm...asking the citizens seems like a good idea. We should probably look for a job to acquire money quickly as we need a place to sleep for the night." Of course, such a convenient job couldn't possibly exist, right? Saying so, I looked around for a place that seemed like it had enough people to ask. Spying a sign with a mug on it, I said, "Why don't we try that pub there? We should be able to get some information about where we are from it."

Of course, that's assuming we could speak the same language as the people inside. Though Etum and I could converse just fine, so I don't see why the language in the pub would be any different.

Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  19. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever slowly she opened her eyes

High above the sun shown in the sky, consuming all hope she had of actually being able to see comfortably. Or do anything comfortably. Gosh her body felt hot and uncomfortable, and her thick long hair lent no help along with the warm dress she was currently very unhappy with. She tried to think of her situation but the heat was simply too much for her mind right now. She needed shade. No, that wouldn't be good enough in this weather.

"I need the moonlight... I need to have the cool embrace..."

Request Accepted

And as if the moon had heard her plea she was slowly begin to feel a bit cooler as she noticed her skin turning from its normal human color to almost pure white! And it sparkled against the sun as if she had just summoned some type of protection. But how was the possible? There was no such thing as a goddess. Wait, what was that again? Why do I know this? Who am I? Where am I? Why is my body is so much pain like I fell out of a tree? How do I even know what that feels like?

Now with the sun finally not bothering her vision or melting her brain, questions had finally caught up to her mind, and without any luck she could not recall any answers. What an unfair twist of fate. At least, that's the first word to come to her mind.

Slowly the young girl sat up for her body was still in a bit of pain, and her head was spinning with all of the questions swarming her mind. She began to take in details of her surroundings and quickly decided it would be pointless since she had no memory of this place.

"What is that? A city? Maybe some people there can give me more information..."

Clumsily the girl got on her feet and began to make her way to the city when she saw darkness where it probably shouldn't be.

"What is that? Reminds me an awful lot of... The darkness of night... But that's impossi-"

Request Accepted

"Wait, what?!"

And just like that the same patch of darkness had appeared above her as well.

So much for fitting in with other people. Wait, was she even human? What even is a human? Turning to examine herself she noticed a pair of mighty silver wings attached to her back. Surprisingly, they were quite comfortable and not in the slightest bit heavy despite their size. The feathers felt soft and inviting and they too, emitted the moonlights protection, making their sliver even more beautiful.

"Guess I won't need to worry about walking... If I can figure out how to use these again. Did I ever even learn before?"

The girl figured it'd be best to try now and ask questions later. And if she hurt herself, maybe the moon would heal her.

20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    With no complaints, Etum thought that was the best course of event. Thus, they entered into the pub and voices entered into Etum's ears. Every syllabus felt familiar, and so did the words.

Aside from that, there was so much noise that her eardrums were hurting a bit.
    "Goodness. Even if we ask anything, we won't be able to hear anything."
    Nonetheless, what kind of questions could they ask without being viewed with suspicions? That was the most important thing at the moment.

"Owner! Do you know where is the town hall?"
    That was the question it asked once it got close to the counter. A pub may be nice, but if you're searching information, the library ought to be better. But asking where's the library at a rowdy pub seemed quite out of place.Thus, Etum asked where was the town hall instead.

AliceShiki, Quaesitor and Fossil like this.