LCD Tales of Demons and God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Oct 24, 2015.

1. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    No clue as stated from the horse's mouth:
    "Reason why I am translating: Sudden whim + I have been a leech for a long time."

qwerty likes this.
  2. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    really the pace for tales of demons and gods is good, (chapter a day better than most), and i actually like the novel moving to wuxiaworld, one less page to bookmark.

qwerty likes this.
  3. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am quite happy with the pace myself, but as to the move not so much.

qwerty likes this.
  4. kuraian

kuraian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm happy someone started translating from 200+, now once we get there there will be a mass of chapters to read

Raphael and qwerty like this.
  5. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh.. I'm kinda eh about this one. The current translator is going at a decent pace and didn't really need to have a "extra" push towards releasing faster.. if anything it might make him quit :/.. but oh well.. I did have to put this novel on hold as I really didn't like the way the MC did things.

qwerty likes this.
  6. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    glad i am not the only one that is getting annoyed by the mc, i also put in hold for now.

qwerty likes this.
  7. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I hated how he was just sticking to his love interest, it's like bro you have all this life experience, and your sticking to her like glue instead of going slow.. your legit only 14 you pedo.

Saitama, qwerty, Shio and 1 other person like this.
  8. podlizurko

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys fail to remember that when it comes to matters of the heart he is still stuck at a teen level comperhension. He admits it so to himself in the novel couple of times too.

qwerty likes this.
  9. sargeant

sargeant Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree especially the poor 1 nobody would care if something happens to him although he is talented Nie Li should have brought them to the mansion after the fight outside the cave

qwerty likes this.
  10. podlizurko

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they do have the protection of being in the Geniuss class, but Nie Li and HMF are just that much of a bigger thorn in Sacred Family's eyes i doubt they would care that much about his friends(which is prudent decision for all the wrong reasons).

qwerty likes this.
  11. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I remembered Suo Jia from CCM. At least Suo Jia isn't reincarnated though lol.

qwerty likes this.
  12. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I hadda drop that one too, the spoilers ruined it for me, and the amount of stupidity of the pacing and all that in the start felt like the author kept getting ideas and throwing them in without thinking of the future plot development of character development.

qwerty likes this.
  13. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would accept the LNs plot if Suo Jia was reincarnated. I just can't picture a 10 year old brat winning against 50 year olds with words.

qwerty likes this.
  14. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't even accept it then tbh. I mean the premise of the novel was amazing. a close combat water mage.... AND THENN... he makes ppl look pretty. proceeded by a money making schemes and other things that makes legit no sense for his age and experience.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    qwerty likes this.
  15. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, the premise is amazing. That's the reason why I still keep reading it up to now. The logic is inconsistent though.

qwerty likes this.
  16. Lachiel

Lachiel Paradise Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    That feeling when auto correct messed up the wording.. but anyways yea.. I hadda drop it finally.. anyways~ this is a ToDaG's topic =P
    ~_~ Overall I think Tales of demons and god is a bit off right now with the whole I'm 14 and want to date u gurl.

Saitama and qwerty like this.
  17. kuraian

kuraian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is what happens when you put a 999999739279572 year old in a 14 year old's body

qwerty likes this.
  18. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    yea but he has also mentioned that he had relationships with other, he never felt true love with them but he definitely liked them. So I am pretty sure he knows the difference between flirting and stalking.

Saitama and qwerty like this.
  19. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, no. My understanding of that statement was not that he had relationships in the sense of romance but rather in the more carnal sense. I am actually fairly certain that at this point in the story the author has given no indication that Nie Li cares or cared about anyone in any romantic sense other than Ye Ziyun. I mean who wouldn't wonder about how their former lovers were doing after restarting like he did. Also he is a little too fanatical in his devotion to Ye Ziyun for me to believe for a second that he has any sort of experience in a relationship besides the one he had with her.

Of course Nie Li is being an annoying jerk when it comes to Ye Ziyun, I'll admit that freely regardless of whether or not he has had other experience or not. I honestly don't like Ye Ziyun because she seems like a tsundere and that just makes her bore me. Xiao Ning Er isn't much better in terms of falling into stereo-types either but because the author has been pushing the Ye Ziyun - Nie Li pair so much I would rather see Xiao Ning Er and Nie Li together just because it would be a deviation from my expectations. I know it's going to be a harem but I really wish it wouldn't. I am not a fan of love triangles but I don't really want to see the potential in TDG wasted as it devolves into Yet Another Harem.

Edit:
    ... Cause there are no fourteen year olds who want to date ... I think a stronger argument would be I'm XXX years old and I want to marry you but I must as soon as possible make this a fact. At XXX years old having that small amount of patience is amazing. I mean given that she died shortly after Glory City fell that makes the ratio of time spent with her to spent without her what? Even including the time he spent admiring her from afar as a youth the first time I'd be surprised if it topped 30 years but we know he has lived or experienced over 200. Just to make things neat I'm going to say 210. Meaning all told he has spent probably less than a seventh of his life with her.

There really is no good way that I can think of to handle the Nie Li - Ye Ziyun relationship. The closest I can think of would be to erase the fact they got together in the previous life and make it so that she just died to save him. Then make it so that while he wants to return the favor this time around he isn't constantly pining for a relationship with her. That way there is no reason to be so pushy, nothing he does can be seen as him trying to manipulate her feelings and instead of watching a pushy creep pursue the object of affection we could see romance bloom between two people.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    qwerty likes this.
  20. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Loving the same person is nice and all, but he's basically threatening Ye Ziyun into relationship with him. Even when he know she only saw him as friend.

And what's up with all of those 13-14 years old kid who act like adult? I understand if it's the MC, but most character in light novel/xianxia tend to behave maturely,even when they are only 11 years old.

Raphael, Saitama and qwerty like this.