LCD Tales of Demons and God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Oct 24, 2015.

1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Sophistry and Bulls*** start:

That isn't so much an issue with the stories themselves but rather your reasoning. These stories are not set in out time or even or world. Being consider an adult at 18-21 is only a hundred and fifty or so years old even in ours. If you were expected to do the work of an adult at 14 you would probably be exposed to all the issues at a much younger age if not from the beginning.

I mean if you think about large families were natural as you go back because you wouldn't be sure how many if any of the kids would survive. However in reality a lot of the time families probably shared a single room. Take a second and think about that. Five plus kids, single room to sleep in ... Add on that people married and started having kids much sooner and 14 is relatively normal. At least as far as girls go. I think the guys tended to be somewhat to disturbingly older. People will mature faster if there is a reason they would or need to.

Sophistry and Bulls*** end

In some cases it's reasonable, in others not so much. One of the biggest reasons is because the people writing the stories just don't think like kids anymore. That and they don't want to remember what it was like to be that age, because that is the age where you know everything, and are too cool to do things you enjoy.

Not that I think the characterization available in Light Novels and Xianxia works is all that good. They tend to use templates and stereotypes. This happens in my opinion because they authors create the characters to fill a role, as opposed to create a role to be filled by a character. Ye Ziyun is Nie Li's love interest. That is her importance to TDG. As amazing as it would be for her to be a force in her own right her impact on the world of TDG is going to be secondary/tied to Nie Li or non existent. I'm not saying that there can't or shouldn't be characters like that but that not all of the characters in a story besides the protagonist should be like that. As far as Ye Ziyun goes I am far more interested in her in the previous timeline than in the current one.

qwerty and Shio like this.
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the latest chapter, think it's funny? I find it unpleasant to read. Almost topped when he forced his way to Zi Yun's room and her bathroom.

qwerty likes this.
  3. Animester

Animester Silent whisper

Reading List:
    Link
    Well someone translated from 200 ..Dont know about its quality and if they pile up to chapter 300 when thyaeria translate it to 200..that would be super awesome...But i feel like they will stop translating from 200.after a while..(instincts)

qwerty likes this.
  4. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    ... The latest chapter ... I just don't know what to say. I feel like it's a good thing maybe.

Edit:Chapter 115 is the latest chapter at this point.

qwerty likes this.
  5. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Seeing the Abyss Bear’s huge butt rubbing on his face, Ye Zong was simply exploding from the anger pent up."
    lol.

I can pass it up for TDG since Nie Li is basically reincarnated. He did say he has been reading books all day on some hyperbolic time chamber for about a hundred years which only took a day or something outside. He's probably older than ye yan right now who is a thousand years old I presume since he has more knowledge.

CCM is another story though.

Ye Zong? It's a comical scene for me.

qwerty likes this.
  6. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that and that Nie Li got spanked. I know some people here were annoyed by his behaviour. I thought the might relish the idea that he got a bit of what was coming to him.

Edit: Random thought: So I looked at the Nostalgia Collection thread and saw the post mentioning first novel read or some such and while I don't remember my first novel I do remember my first romance novel. Anyway that lead me to another novel romance novel I read and how the male characters in it were just as or even more possessive of the female lead/s as Nie Li is of Ye Ziyun. Just a random thought I felt compelled to throw out there.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    qwerty likes this.
  7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels really refreshing to see him spanked like that.
    Romance novel does have lots of obsessive male love interest, but I don't know, something about how Nie Li treat Zi Yun just get on my nerve more than those romance novel.

Saitama and qwerty like this.
  8. Animester

Animester Silent whisper

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a picture of spanking Nie li.So hilarious...

qwerty likes this.
  9. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you looked at the manhua? As much as I don't like the manhua I do kind of look forward to that chapter ...

qwerty likes this.
  10. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    The art is actually not that bad. When I first looked at the cover I though it would be another badly drawn adaptation, but the flow is rather good. I just never really like purple/ pink hair color.

qwerty likes this.
  11. Animester

Animester Silent whisper

Reading List:
    Link
    But character drawings are not too good..you know

qwerty likes this.
  12. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Zi Yun looked like copy of Hinata with different hair color. From my experience, however, the shading and character drawing would improve after the artist draw a series continuously. Paneling, perspective, and the fluidity of motion is harder to master.

qwerty likes this.
  13. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    My issues with the manhua are the facial expressions and how it treats the story. I get that TDG isn't amazing but if I only saw the manhua I would say that the main character is always looking for an opportunity to kancho someone. Not everything in TDG is a joke or perverted.

qwerty likes this.
  14. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm never going to read a manhua except for a few especially a manga adaptation of a novel. I did try to read the manhua of CD after reading the novel (my 3rd/4th novel after LMS), it was a disaster lol.
    grandpa doehring being replaced by a waifu

qwerty and Shio like this.
  15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    The spanking part helped abated the previous scene where he rubbed the demon's butt on Ye Zong's face. But I really thought he was being an imbecile. I mean let's take a step back and forget the affair with Zi Yun. In his previous life, a dreg like Nie Li was able to survive the horde was because of Zi Yun's sacrifice. But she's not the only one. A lot of people died, sacrificing their lives to let others live. From the looks of it, I sincerely doubt if Ye Zong's wasn't one of those people.
    Taking Ye Zong's down a notch is fine and all, but not letting him maintain a certain level of dignity is uncalled for.
    From the looks of it, seems like it was done by the author with the intention to defrost Ye Zong's character and going for a humorous relationship of tom and jerry's. But that doesn't mean what he did was palatable.

Saitama, qwerty and Shio like this.
  16. zaoh

zaoh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read all the TDG chapters that the original author released and loved the book so far..
    But I'm really annoyed by this wannabe translator that started translating from chapter 200..
    If you wanna translate, try doing something else and even if you do keep it to your self we already have a translator that is translating one or more chapters a day it only goes to show that this new wannabe(even if he has better translation) is trying to redirect viewers from a dedicated translator who has translated more than 100 chapters.
    And after more than 100 chapters have been translated this wannabe suddenly feels like the need to translate..
    I think this is all just because of the fact that the novel has such high popularity now he decided to start to do this..

Thank you thaeyria translations for the translated chapters so far..

qwerty likes this.
  17. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this attack on the City Lord's Mansion. So far in TDG everything has gone according to Nie Li's plans but with this the timeline is starting to diverge and rob him of one of his two biggest advantages.

qwerty likes this.
  18. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually this divergence so far isnt affecting the destruction of Glory City in any way. At most it just brings to prominence the 3rd party(Dark Guild), but since we dont know if they played a part in the previous destruction we cant really says if its a negative reaction from his rebirth yet.

qwerty likes this.
  19. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the single biggest divergence from his original timeline. It shows that his actions are starting to affect things on a grander scale. If the Dark Guild had anything to do with the assault on Glory City will this cause them to move up there timeline. It means that his knowledge from the previous world may no longer be valid or at least entirely valid.

qwerty likes this.
  20. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, the thousand demon arrays have just been out of luck from Ye Xiu's findings. Without it, Nie Li could have been dead from the Dark Guild's skirmish.

qwerty likes this.