LCD Tales of The Reincarnated Lord

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shin Ah, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a gross oversimplification; he had a heart attack, almost died, and chose to focus on his health instead of dealing with the stress of re-editing his story, taking out parts heand messing up the story, and/or have future chapters approved or rejected according to a censor's whims .

Also, Qidian dropped the novel but still owns the copyright. Even if he wanted to continue elsewhere, he couldn't.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. telobakar

telobakar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    really??
    what an ass
    btw is there anything similar to this or rtw?
    i don't mind if its original web or fanfiction

3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh is that what happened? I'm a lot less pissed at the author now. Qidian isn't that much to blame either (at least in this case).

4. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Translator on Volarenovels and Liberspark

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to address this statement in saying that it's patently untrue. According to the author's wife in a tieba (kinda like chinese reddit) thread, attempts have been made by the author to rectify the story and regain permission to continue it to no avail. He is unable to continue it because of copyright issues. Can you imagine someone cutting their near-600-chapter income-generating work short just because of a childish tantrum?

Thanks for the clarification. This is definitely part of it, but the author did recover from his sickness and continued writing for a while before the censors struck.

Either way, the author appears to be much more careful in his new project if you read his funny 'self-censors' in the prologue of his new story, Black Iron's Glory. He's been updating 8 times a week ever since and the story's building up to be quite a ride.

Should the author ever get permission to continue, you can count on us to be there to translate it. In the meantime, we're going to translate his new story to take over TRL when the available chapters run out.

Nino Sasou likes this.
  5. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have lost count of how many times you typed the same paragraphs XD

6. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah right is there any fan fiction for this novel that anyone knows of

7. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Or is it possible for a fan fiction to be done without being copyrighted or something?

8. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Translator on Volarenovels and Liberspark

Reading List:
    Link
    Do me a favor and quote me when you read something similar again XD

9. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a few. Though IMO, one of the best things about TRL isn't just the story, but the release rate and quality of the translations. It's hard to find something that matches up.

The closest one I can think of is Common Sense of A duke's Daughter. Though it's gone through a few translators, and the translation quality varies with each one. There is also Isekai Tensei Soudouki which is actually a lot like TRL (though the MC is still a kid), but the releases are inconsistent after the last translator dropped it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  10. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    @telobakar try rise of the Lord on royal road

11. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    So all it takes is a sith Lord to take down an empire.

12. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    I passed through the comments so all in all TRL is dead and there's no chance of revival? Hoping is new work is just as good.Anyone know the title? I had crying faces here but I guess nuf turned that off.

13. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Nu allows only nu emoji's also the new work is called big irons glory

14. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new story is Black Iron’s Glory. It's about a guy who transmigrates into a 16-year-old middle school student during a renaissance era. Not so much sword & magic (though there is some of that), but muskets and gunpowder are around. It's pretty good, if you like TRL's writing style it'll be familiar. The characters and world are well-written and interesting. I'm guessing the kingdom's politics will play a more important role compared to TRL, though the MC is training to be a warrior, so we'll see how it goes. IMO it's quite good, it avoids a lot of the tropes you usually see in reincarnation-type webnovels.

At the moment it seems like a lot of background information instead of story progression. The author seems to want to set up the world but I think that's mostly done so the MC's story can pick up.

It just came out a few months ago and the author's written 100 chapters, though there's only 8 chapters+prologue translated at the moment. Translations are somewhat sporadic, once TRL is done Ryogawa said they'll switch to BIG for more consistent releases.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  15. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh so that's how the moron king will die, I wonder if we will see it in the remaining chapters.

16. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Well according to the author's spoiler auguslo will be the first and last emperor of the reunited krissen empire that krilos got what he wanted I suppose all his hard work and sacrifice all made to nought by one person bearing a deep grudge.

17. telobakar

telobakar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wut
    auguslo died?
    when?
    last read 500ish is still bickering with lorist

18. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Like when the chapter talked about the discussion of future historians and scholars regarding rise of the ragebear dynasty and fall of the empire.

19. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Same as ever, you can write fanfics about anything just can't make money of it and probably have to put a disclaimer since they all do it.
    Unless you're Chinese, then you can be a greedy illiterate douche that makes money of fanfics in their lawless land and butchers the original too.

20. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read once more in between author puts up the parts from historians regarding house norton and the empire.