Question Talisman Emperor

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by White Empress, Apr 21, 2019.

1. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently on ch 132 and have some questions that have been bugging me

I’m very bothered about this first one
    1). !!! I’m over a hundred chapters into this novel yet Chen Xi has done almost absolutely nothing with talismans... I thought this was the point of the novel? It even has it in the title...? I thought it was supposed to play a significant role. Does this change or...? :,(

This one confuses the crap out of me
    2). Chen Xi’s mother. So she apparently left her clan and I’m assuming it was so she could be with with Chen Xis dad. If not I would assume she had kids with some dude after falling in some type of love (benefits wouldn’t even matter to her at this point). And assuming this (or even if she didn’t leave that clan just because she loved his dad) why in the world would Chen xis dad leave with disgust according to the grandpa. Wouldn’t he try to take care of the kids at all if he loved her (or if not why did they even have kids)? If he left trying to find her why did he leave them in the city that killed their clan to fend for themselves...? Maybe it’s a plot hole. But I would think the link between the two would be some type of love or something with no benefits otherwise the whole she left the clan and had kids wouldn’t make sense... yet the dad leaves in disgust...???

3). Does being a spirit chef ever pop up again or was that just there to be there :/

2. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm up to date chapter wise.

1. Talismans can pretty much ignore them I'd say. He does do stuff with them but not very all that much in the way you would think
    2. It is covered later on and does make sense. So if you wait long enough you'll get an answer to this and the reason why. Can give you the spoiler, but sisnt want to till in sure you want the full spoiler. So just know it does get answered.
    3. Spirit chef does pop up again. Nothing truly major. But there will eventually be more about spirit chef.

White Empress likes this.
  3. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok then it should be fine. I’m sad about the talismans though. They’re such an interesting part of the world and no one ever does anything with them other than for it to be a supporting skill :’(
    thanks for answering. Do you recommend I keep reading?

4. Fullmetallj4cket

Fullmetallj4cket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So let´s see if i can help you.
    1. There are very little instances where he actually craft real talisman on a talisman paper. (Some Formations)
    The main aspect from talisman is the dao behind it. It´s more like Salt and Pepper if i would make an example with food.

3. Its like the funny side kick where we still expect that it gets his own Competition. (well i do)

2. There´s actually a realy huge plot hole that gets fixed later on. You should have seen some things like that with other novels,
    where the autor describes something but noticed later on that it doesnt work with the World he build over the Chapter.

White Empress likes this.
  5. LtBeefy

LtBeefy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've stuck with reading even tho probably like you the talisman part was what attracted me so even with the lack of it, im still reading.

If you're enjoying it stick around if you're not sure, give it another 50 or 100 chapters then decide.

Edit
    And talismans are still talked and used somewhat. Just not as a big of a focus as you would think from the title.