Discussion TDG animated! Mad Snail making big $$$ now? China's solution for Naruto?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SummerMascot, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest season is seriously bad.
    The episodes are getting shorter and shorter, almost reaching those 3 mins j-anime.
    Some episodes feature them talking in a scene for 2-3 minutes then end...

2. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it weird that asian companies try this crap so often when it clearly does not work , they did this to berserk.... terrible terrible.

If you can't match disney's quality of the more modern titles like eg how to tame a dragon. You should give up on this format and just do a traditional anime.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  3. Rephidim

Rephidim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sad... it looks BAADDDD. and to think this was the novel that hooked me and made me start reading novels way bacckk. animation looks like an old poorly funded mmorpg.

GreyPancake likes this.
  4. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The China anime will never go hiatus, here's why:

1. The anime doesn't really exactly follow the novel or comic, closest comparison is Naruto anime fillers style (10% actual material, 90% crap made up on the spot).
    2. At the end of every episode, the anime will do a shameless promotion of the TDG mobile game (which is a cheap copycat concept of Fate Grand Order).
    3. There are already like 4 to 6 filler arcs and the Season 3 Episode 18 ( >90 episodes?) only reached Chapter 74 of the web novel.
    4. Anyway, following Mad Snail's storyline to the tee has its own share of problems, especially when that guy tried to copy cultivation/skill/technique theories from Peerless Martial God for several chapters and then gave up and switched to something else, creating plotholes.

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heard from someone with contacts, apparently a few Naruto filler scenes were literally made on the spot by interns with no oversight. The staff had gone home, the story turned out shorter than scheduled so they cut and pasted or drew themselves.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this the one from 2017? sorry i can't view it right now. The one before was so bad that all the CGI budget was allotted to MC's Hair lmao

7. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it started out in 2017, because it has already reached >90 episodes and you get 2 episodes of 7min(3min ads) to 12min(3min ads) per week.

I have to agree with you, all the CGI budget is allocated to hair motion (even the side characters as well). Fight Choreography is non-existent, fight scenes are choppy, like bricks smashing ontop of each other.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually enjoyed the BTTH drama at least there was fighting unlike WDQK( Martial Universe) which was simply a photo shoot

9. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If only G.C May or some big studio did the adaptation, it would've turned great.