Spoiler Tearmoon Empire story

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rania want to QT, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Rania want to QT

Rania want to QT Love my Wi-Fi

Reading List:
    Link
    So ... I jus find that this story doesn't have a spoiler thread despite being quite popular and funny.
    I read the manga but it have super~ slow updates that I'm going crazy.
    I laugh a lots at MC so is rather heart-warming when she grows later as a person.
    But what I want to know the most is Abel the ML?
    I don't want it to be that overly-justice loving prince that send MC to guiltone for petty things she did and things she never did without even making sure about fact and just jumping to conclusions!

2. Canah

Canah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right?
    I dont want her to end up with the prince, if possible i want her to end up to with the guy who's wearing glasses or her partner in the ballroom

3. Rania want to QT

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the justice-loving prince? I also cannot bring myself to like him.
    I want her to end with Abel if possible!

Enmea, riflow, darkcrystal and 3 others like this.
  4. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Abel is the ML it doesn't work out in the first iteration, even though she does manage to save her empire and go down in history as a revered empress.

Just an observation, all these people that killed her first time and she's making friends with now are complete garbage, to the point they were torturing and executing a 19 yr old girl for the crime of being dense and self centered.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    saix2, feendaisy, cafe_novel and 19 others like this.
  5. Rania want to QT

Reading List:
    Link
    Abel is the ML, really?
    What good news!
    Also they misunderstanded Mia so they didn't know.
    Not everyone is trashy, for example there's Mia's maid and the glasses guy who tried to prove her innocence during the first timeline!

6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

There were bunch of misundersandings that made her look like a genocidal tyrant who let her people die in a famine. But I did really feel for her when she was all alone during her last ulyear. No one even thought of trying to get to talk to her.

In the second timeline after she became friends with them they were the ones who denfended and tried to stop her second execution.

Mia is based of Marie Antoinette though. Granted Marie Antionotte did accidentally almost get a foreign coutnry to invade compared to mia who was just naive

Honestly I cant wait for the part where prince justice finds out his country was behind all the potlical shitfests going on in the other countries. Maybe that will knock him off his high horse. Since this is kind of based off the French revoloution I think hes supposed to represent the rich people who hijacked the revoloution from the common people and used it for there political gain and self gratification

7. Rania want to QT

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, wait! Wasn't the justice prince's father a good king?

Bella94 likes this.
  8. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly it was another group trying to undermine other countries

They were also responsible for what was happening in ables country

9. Kiriari

Kiriari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mia's diary changes as she makes changes in the second timeline, by the end of book 2, it changed to:
    Abel would marry into the Tearmoon Empire, and they would have eight children!! :blobsmirk:
    But then the text disappears as Abel walks in, so her story is still changing~

lostross, OtomeAddict, saix2 and 29 others like this.
  10. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding the ML:

The third book begins with Mia's granddaughter Miabel (whose name is assumed by fans to hint at Mia and Abel, though only Mia has so far explicitly been mentioned as being her grandparent) traveling back to Mia's time to prevent another gruesome scenario from happening. Of course, this could also lead to that future being dramatically altered, so nothing's set in stone yet. Mia's being all swoony about Abel in the early chapters as well, though.

lostross, OtomeAddict, Meri and 27 others like this.
  11. Rania want to QT

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as she end up with Abel then I'm assured!
    But who's the group causing trouble in other countries and what's their prupose?

saix2 and Forgetdrunkenmoon like this.
  12. Canah

Canah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey how did you guys no that abel is ML i mean how did they end up together? Well first i shipp her to the guy who wear glasses but since abel is cute boy that you thought he is a play boy but an actual cinamon roll i guess he is perfect match for our Mia

Where can i read the novel? Or atleast the raw?? Im really curious on the storyyy so i wanna knowwwww

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
  13. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's licensed in English by J-Novel Club. You can buy volume 1 and 2 in e-book format. Volume 3 is being posted on J-Novel Club's site, but you need to be a paid member to read it.

lostross and frappuccinoaddict like this.
  14. VillagerC

VillagerC Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The e-book 3rd novel will be released on dec 12, 2020

mallow likes this.
  15. marmoo

marmoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's clear from almost beginning.
    It's not a romance story and Mia has clear interest only in Abel.
    In one of timelines - end of 2nd volume or beginning of third, she learns she would have 8 children with Abel ... and actively destroys that future

I can't post links, but google ティアムーン帝国物語 and ncode.syosetu.

16. marmoo

marmoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this story deserves much more love.
    Main timeline is fun, but usually at the end of main arcs, there is a piece of memory of various characters from original timeline. These give us an insight into their interactions with original Mia. At the beginning of novel we learn she was a spoiled and ignorant brat, but this was 12 years old Mia. Later we learn, there was more to her, and narration doesn't give her enough justice. Mainly due to comedic reasons.
    As an example, Ludwig's POV on Mia:
    [LQ translation]
    It was that night.
    Ludwig had a dream.
    It was a mysterious dream.
    An ominous dream of the Tear Moon Empire reaching its decline.
    Public finances deteriorate due to the famine and plague and government officials leave the country one after another. Under such circumstances, Ludwig strives to rebuild the country under Princess Mia. This was such a dream
    Strange thing is, Ludwig in this dream despised Mia.
    The princess of the incompetent Imperial Family, detestable bunch living in peace and tranquility, while ignoring the country. Originally, even though there is no obligation to help them, in order to get the country back up, in this situation there is no other way, but to cooperate with them.
    Ludwig was visiting a small village with Mia that day.
    A village that escaped spread of plague and is relatively unaffected by the Great Famine. Nevertheless, the villagers were hungry, the people either gave up or loathed the nobles and cursed their destiny.
    They was not very friendly to the Mia party, but there was no one who wanted to take a sword against the Imperial Guard.
    Then, seeing the state of the village, and having finished the solace of the soldiers, devoting themselves to the maintenance of the peace, Mia said, in a carriage:
    "Oh, I want a cake, cake. I wonder if it's not somewhere. Hey, Ludwig, you don't have bread, but somewhere ... somewhere ..."
    "No, there is not. The cake and bread are made from wheat."
    "Yes ... is that right?"
    Mia dispiritedly drops her shoulders. Seeing it, Ludwig is a little irritated.
    Even though it's hard to obtain even a small piece of bread, she has nothing to say but cake ...
    "It would be nice if there was one whole cake."
    and what's with whole cake? How luxurious can you get?
    Irritation is turning into disgust. That's why nobles are...
    Ludwig sightet, but...
    Not saying that would be enough for all people in village, at least to be spread among the children...
    E...?
    With words that followed, he freezes for a moment.
    I 'd like a big cake. Big enough to spread strawberries to everyone... Then I would calm down this irritation.
    I thought she wanted to eat it all by herself...
    At least, Ludwig was imagining Mia as such a person.。
    That's why he suddenly wanted her to say something nasty.
    Your Highness, what if I said I had prepared a cake for just one person?
    "Is it true !?"
    No, it is only for argument's sake...
    "Eh ... um, um, yeah ....is that so... for one person ...can we say that one person is one giant soldier ..."
    No. It is it only a ration for one person, Princess Mia.
    It is a a hypothetical story. Nevertheless, Mia has a really serious face, and after dozing a bit,
    "Oh, in that case, it can't be helped. I can put up with a bite ... Oh, but I wonder if strawberries are bite-sized? Because that would mean I would get a strawberry. And then ... "
    Mia is wrinkling her forehead while muttering something. Seeing that, Ludwig was shocked.
    Something like this is troubling her...?
    If you are hypocrite, you are not troubled. It's good to just say to hand everything over to the people.
    If you are a haughty Imperial Princess, you are not troubled. It is only natural to eat it all by yourself.
    Nevertheless, Mia was troubled. Finally, she said she would get a strawberry. She would get only one strawberry。
    Some people show mercy to others if they have enough to eat for themselves. In that case they are still objectively good people. Nobles would not consider providing to the people unless they are guaranteed that they will not be hungry today, tomorrow, day after tomorrow, after a year, and ten years from now.
    Ludwig had such an impression on Mia.
    Therefore Mia's answer was shocking.
    "Hmm? What? Ludwig. You said something?"
    Ludwig shook his head a little while Mia looked at him dubiously.
    No, I was just a little suprised. I was sure you would have it all for yourself.
    "Well! Ludwig, you saw the state of this village! Did you really think I would want a cake only for myself?
    "Yes, I had no doubt."
    Mia gnashed her teeth hearing Ludwig's response.
    "Gunuu ... this shitty four eye ..."
    Mia was muttering something, but in order to calm herself down, she took a big breath in .
    "I know ... despite being able to lend a hand, leaving a fallen person alone, such a thing is somehow unthinkable... After all, doing such a thing would make you feel awfully sick.
    Good grief, said Ludwig while shaking his head. Ludwig was impressed from bottom of his heart with such a sincere answer.
    "I see ... Princess Mia, you seem like, to a certain degree, a decent person."
    "What? What do you mean to a certain degree? This shitty glasses ..., as usual has a bad mouth!"
    Which one is it... Even as a joke, for imperial princess to use words such as "shitty" is very unrefined
    That's how Ludwig thought, while being called names.
    This person may not be the best as the lord ... but it still might be worth serving her.
    And then, he got to know.
    I see, Mia is proud . Even so, while uttering complains, she is still listening carefully to Ludwig's advices.
    I see, Mia is a timid person. Even so, without trying to escape, she stays in the Empire and strives to rebuild the country.
    I see, Mia is dumb. Even so, listening to Ludwig's mocking remarks, while being about to cry, she still frantically tried to remember all necessary things.
    While looking at such a girl, Ludwig began to hope.
    I hope this foolish princess's efforts will be rewarded, even a little.
    And then, without noticing, he began to dream.
    If the Empire was able to escape from this predicament ...
    To be on the side of this helpless and unreliable master.
    To advise and work for this girl. I will do my best as a vassal of her to improve this country.
    Ludwig thought to himself, that this kind of future would be not bad.
    That's why, when Mia was put on the guillotine, he ...

Exchange between best boy Ludwig and Sion in original timeline that took place before execution of Mia.
    This is a translation of webnovel. In lightnovel it is at the end of second volume that is already available.

This is the exchange between Ludwig and Sion that took place two days before the execution of Mia.

Tearmoon Empire, white moon palace.

The beautiful castle where the successive generations of Tearmoon Emperors resided, did not lose its beauty, even if the entire empire was burned by the flames of the revolution.

The Revolutionary Army has set up a command post of the governing body in this castle.

It would have become the center of this country, once the fighting in various regions had ended and the great nobles who had corrupted this country were destroyed.

Ludwig, who was called for audience, kneeled and bowed his head before young man sitting on throne.

"I am very pleased to hear from you. I am an imperial official. My desire is to work for the people of this country. But ... for that reason, I have one request to your Highness."

Then Ludwig looked up.

At the end of the line of sight, young man with beautiful silver hair turned his eyes to Ludwig with growing interest.

"I wonder what? If this is something I can do, if it is possible to do, I think I'll listen to it.

"My wish is only one. Your Highness Sion. Princess Mia, please spare her life."

"Regrettably, the execution of Princess Mia can't be stopped."

Not allowing him to finish, Sion shook his head heavily.

"It is because too much blood was spilled. The people's anger at the oppression from great nobles and the imperial family is too great. If the execution is stopped, leaders of the Revolutionary Army will face increasing criticism."

"If you hold the military power of the Kingdom of Sankland, you can suppress the people. But then the chaos lasts longer and the country becomes more exhausted. Many people will suffer."

"We need to end disorder as soon as possible. To do so, we must have the Revolutionary Army earn the trust of the people as an apostle of justice that corrects corrupted power."

"A new leader who stands by the confidence of the people. Under that, the empire will be reborn."

It's the smoothest and most natural way to recover.

Undoubtedly it was a just reasoning, decision reaching extreme justice.

Ludwig knew even this ... that's why he took a breath and stood up.

"Is that so……"

Slightly shrugged his shoulders and turned on his heel.

This attitude, in front of a royal, was more than only a little rude.

A soldier who stood next to Sion unconsciously put his hand on the sword, but Sion stopped him with one hand.

"Will you lend me your power? To revive this empire?"

"Prince Sion ... you are the ideal lord. You must be wise, fair, and surely excellent."

Unlike that stupid Princess ... Ludwig added in his mind.

While attending St. Noel's academy, she never comprehended the meaning of it, without any consideration for diplomacy and things like that, she kept doing whatever she pleased... as a result she didn't earn even slightest kindness/friendship.

Even though she was a classmate of a princess who could have aided her, she forgot her name...

"Well, who was that, I wonder?"

And she said it in front of person in question...

At least remember the names of the influential people in the class and their country!

He somehow swallowed curses, how many times he admonished her...

But Ludwig could not get angry at her, because, after he pointed this out, she had been trying to remember name and country of people she dealt with written notes in one hand.

Yes, she was making efforts, that girl, that princess Mia.

Once again, he looked at Prince Sion in front of him.

With broad mind, the intelligent judgment and appropriate political skill to even call out to me who served his enemy, Mia. I know that no person is more suitable to be served than the one in front of me ...

Ludwig let out a lonely smile.

I'm sure you've never made a mistake. Even once...so...

You could not understand, her feelings, her hard work...

Swallowing these words, he shook his head.

Do the right thing when you can do the right thing.

It is a fine quality of the ruler.

How many of those, who have money to freely use at their hands, can use it for the right thing?

Sion Saul Sankland, one in front of me is definitely such a person who can use the money for the right thing.

But...At the same time, it is also but a good luck.

There are many people in the world who are forced into situations where they cannot do the right thing.

Even if you want to give food to a poor people, you may not have it at hand.

There are cases where, in order to make people wealthy, they seek to rule the country properly, and there are cases where they have no ability or national power.

But...It was his master princess Mia, who was in the worst situation.

Exhaling a little, Ludwig looked at Sion.

"I don't think you need my power. You have as many excellent subordinates, as you wish.

Ludwig realized he got emotional.

Working hard, giving her best, these are not excuses.

In fact, many people died from the incompetence of the imperial family and the tyranny of the high nobles. The anger of the bereaved families can't be healed by any words.

But still ... It is sad that her efforts were never rewarded.

"I don't feel like serving you or Count daughter Tiona. Excuse me."

Quiet, slightly angry voice. Surprisingly, Ludwig left the scene.

Sion never punished him.

Two days later, at the Imperial Plaza.

Execution of Mia Luna Tearmoon took place ... and since then no one has seen Ludwig.

17. marmoo

marmoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    small spoiler from the middle of story.
    Emeralda - Mia's friend, in manga first introduced in 4 chapter.
    [​IMG]

Emeralda's dream:

"I had an unpleasant dream ..."

I was scared just by remembering it ... it was a dream of the collapse of the Tear Moon Empire.

A world where the Empire is falling apart due to food shortages, financial collapse, ethnic minority rebellions and epidemics.

Emeralda who was depressed by the situation that was worsening with each day, one day visited Shiratsuki Palace.

Beautiful castle, unchanged by times, boasting with power and dignity, uplifted Emeralda's heart and filled her with the pride of an imperial noble.

"Oh, the empire is okay ... It's impossible for our glorious Tearmoon empire to fall."

Emeralda recovered her spirit and walked lightly into corridors of the palace. There she found her best friend, Mia Luna Tearmoon, who had a dark and sunken face.

"Oh, good morning, Mia-sama"

Somehow, Mia seemed to be very tired.

I heard, that for sake of the Empire she is running with a devoted civilian official all around the country.

Since she is a princess, she shouldn't do such things.

Even though she was slightly appalled, Emeralda said, trying to cheer Mia up.

"That's right. Mia-sama, let's have a tea party at our mansion next time. We will invite a lot of guests and make it grand. And we will pledge to do our best for this Empire as a proud imperial aristocrats. I will prepare your favorite cake, wouldn't it be wonderful?"

When I said that, Mia smiled happily.

"That's excellent. I'm looking forward to it, Emeralda."

"Yes, I will meet your expectations properly, Mia-sama."

Seeing Mia's expression gives Emeralda a sense of slight satisfaction.

"Really, Mia-sama worries too much... This glorious Tearmoon Empire could not have been better at this rate. No matter how barking and fierce foolish dogs may be, we just have to ignore them."

Emeralda returned to her mansion, shrugging her shoulders.

It was that night

"Emeralda, hey, Emeralda ..."

She felt someone was shaking her body.

Such rudeness cannot be tolerated by her, the daughter of a great aristocrat.

Emeralda opened her eyes with an instant anger, but when she saw a person standing in a dark room, she tilted her head slightly.

"Oh, dad? It's a middle of the night, what happened?"

"Oh, that's actually ... I know it's very sudden, but we, the Green Moon people, have to leave the Imperial Capital."

"... What? What does it mean to leave?"

"I think you have heard that the empire is in dangerous situation. So my friend in a foreign country told me he will help us take refugee. I decided to accept his offer."

"...I don't understand well..., father says that our Green Moon family will run away from this Empire with a tail between our legs..., Are you saying that?"

Her eyes were blazing as she sprang from the bed.

"Don't make such jokes. What is the meaning of being one of Four Grand Dukes without following His Majesty the Emperor? Also, I made a promise with Princess Mia, tea party..."

"Of course, I know the Empire will recover, but that's why we have to make a comeback. We have to build up the power to destroy these dogs."

That said, the Duke of Green Moon grabbed Emeralda's arm.

"Let's go. There is no time."

"But what about His Majesty the Emperor? And what about Princess Mia !?"

"It's allright. The other Grand Duchess will protect and serve His Majesty. In the meantime, we will prepare a counterattack from across the sea."

"But I made a promise. Father, because Mia-sama looked so happy!"

"Shut up. Never mind, go."

"It hurts! Father, please let me go. I ..."

Thus, the Green Moon family escaped abroad.

Emeralda has repeatedly searched for ways to return to theE mpire, but at last the opportunity never came ...

The promise of the tea party with Mia was never fulfilled.
    [...]

conclusion, with hints for major spoilers.

[...]

――Oh, this person is always like this ……"You don't have to worry about this. It's okay ..."

Emeralda remembered, while seeing Mia with a troubled smile in front of her.

That was five years ago.
    It was an event at a tea party held by the Duke of Green Moon.

On that day, Emeralda was a little nervous.

The reason was, that Princess Mia Luna Tearmoon was supposed to come to the tea party that day.

Imperial Princess making her tea party debut in their mansion. From the moment it was decided, Emeralda and her father properly prepared for this event.

Thanks to that, the tea party went on without any accidents.

Mia, who was pleased with the delicious cake, smiled friendly at the maid who brought a refill.

"Oh, thank you. Well, Nina-san. Also, after I finish this, I'd like to ask for another portion."

Mia proudly says maid's name. Apparently, she remembered the name after hearing exchanges between maids.

Emeralda unconsciously let a bitter smile at Mia who was proud of such a thing.

Surely, since she thought this inexperienced Princess didn't know this was ill-mannered...

She thought she had to teach her, as an older sister.

"Princess Mia, people of noble status cannot remember names and such of each and every commoner. That's why calling maids by their name is a no, no."

"Oh? Why is that?"

Mia asked, while tilting her head in puzzlement.

"Why is it wrong to call someone's name?"

"That is……"

Emeralda thought for a moment, then answered

"That's because I and Mia are of noble lineage. That's because we stand on top of the people. That's called the tradition of aristocrats ..."

It is the foundation on which Emeralda stands. So to speak, it's her common sense.

But ...

"Such an absurd,"

The little princess cut in and threw it away in just one word.

"Even though remembering a name is easier, why wouldn't you do something like this?"

These words were shocking to Emeralda. They were too shocking ...

Because it was too shocking ……,

"But, that lady is not much older than us."

"No matter how many times you ask for more cake, she won't refuse, will she? While making a request, it is easier to call a name."

Emeralda missed the slightly strange words after that.

Since old days, Mia was a shrewd person.

At the age of eight, this calculation …… like an anecdote through which you can get a glimpse of the later Wisdom of the Empire …….

Anyway, Emeralda was deeply moved by Mia's words.

These words (except ones she missed) were exactly what Emeralda agreed with in her heart.

Remember the names of maids and appoint maids you are familiar with to take care of you.

Have them become your playmates and chat companions.

Thank for things you received, apologize for bad things.

This way it is much easier and feels much better, why can't it be done?

What is the reason why you shouldn't do that?

Emeralda asked her father about this doubt, that was born within her heart.

However, in return she received just a troubled smile.

"That's what the aristocracy is, Emeralda."

The answer is far from convincing. but Emeralda understood that.

You don't have to agree with it. That's just the way it is.

It eventually became a chain that bound Emeralda.

The aristocratic traditions shape Emeralda and at the same time are like sturdy chain that binds her.

And ... for this reason I longed for it.

For Mia Luna Tearmoon, a young princess who is not tied by that chain.

"Hey, Emeralda-san ..."

Even in front of precious will of the first emperor, the founding father of Tearmoon Empire, that should bind her, Mia's attitude doesn't change.

There is no need to worry about it.

In front of mighty authority, Emeralda would give up all resistance, but Mia would not be shaken.

It's always the case.

It never changed.

A person with free wings, who is not bound by the chain of common sense of aristocrats.

Emeralda thinks it is beyond common sense.

Criticizing an act of trampling on the authority and tradition of the Imperial family, not befitting an imperial princess,

However, the truth is always ... always.

--Oh is that so. That's right ... I was longing for Mia ...

Emeralda remembered.

I longed for Mia, that's why I always wanted to become her best friend, that would be standing next to her.

Emeralda knows it. Truth is, She is not really Mia's friend.

--I've always wanted to be her friend, but ... I couldn't.

--Because. I can't be free like Mia.

The chains that bound Emeralda were much thicker and more sturdy than expected.

She was painfully aware that she herself had no courage to break it off.

--I am sure that I am not worthy of Mia's friendship;

Such a resignation was always on Emeralda's chest … but even though…

"Instead of being bound by the past covenant and loyalty to the first Emperor,
    wouldn't you rather choose to be my friend?"

Mia stepped in lightly. It's easy to betray Emeralda's common sense.

Being a close friends so easily ..., instead of loyalty to the first emperor, choose a friendship with me...

She calls out that Emeralda can do it too.

It is not a big deal, with a mischievous smile showing on her face

But ...

"That's ... I can't."

Words of denial that spilled from her mouth.

Is it because of the aristocratic tradition that binds her?

Or did she surrendered to the authority of the first emperor?

No, it wasn't like this.

All of those chains had melted and disappeared when Mia reached out her hand.

However, at the very end, there was one thing left.

What made Emeralda hesitate to take Mia's hand was a small thorn stuck in her chest.

A trivial dream, the regret of not fulfilling that promise of inviting battered down Mia to a tea party.

I don't know when, where, and how it happened, but I felt that I betrayed Mia ...

I don't think it really happened, but the pain that remains in my chest is real.

It does not allow Emeralda to call herself Mia's friend.

"I betrayed you, Mia ..."

Spilling words of confession.

"He? Did e such a thing happened?"

Emeralda continues, while Mia tilts her head slightly.

"I couldn't keep my promise of inviting Mia to a tea party."

What on earth am I saying ……, Emeralda is surprised by her own words.

I thought that talking about a dream would only bother Mia …….

But ...

"Yes, that's right ... It was then ..."

Mia didn't laugh. On the contrary, with a very serious face ..., after thinking about something ...

"I want a sweet cake."

Surprising words came out of her mouth.

"E?"

思わず、瞳を瞬かせたエメラルダだったが、直後に続いた言葉に息を呑んだ。

Emeralda's eyes twinkled unconsciously, but the words that followed immediately took her breath away.

"Yeah, cake. I want to eat a very delicious cake. So ... would you please invite me to a tea party when we leave this island?"

Mia said.

"Then we will pledge an allegiance to the Empire."

Looking straight at Emeralda …

"Not to the Empire that was built to destroy the continent, but to the one built with the wish for well-being of all its subjects, to work for this purpose, an allegiance to such a new Empire."

At that time, Emeralda noticed.

The hot drops ran down on her cheeks.

"Crying? Why am I ...? There is no reason to cry ..."

It was a promise of a distant day.

A dream and a sad promise that disappeared without being fulfilled.

That was just a dream ……. Mia-sama shouldn't know. But ...

Emeralda stared at Mia.

On that face, why did Emeralda ... I felt like I saw Mia in that dream.

Mia ..., it seems that she is giving me the opportunity to fulfill the promise of that time ……. That's why.

"Yes ... Mia, I'll definitely invite you. I'll invite the best confectioner to prepare the best cake ..."

Emeralda took the hand that was extended to her.

The hand of an irreplaceable best friend.

18. marmoo

marmoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiona's dream.

one of the few regrets Mia had before her execution was never apologizing to Tiona over "bullying" in Academy. Mind you, she never knew she was also accused of Ruru tribe genocide and kindapping and killing of Tiona's father.
    This dream appears in current timeline - heavy spoiler
    Mia is trying to reconcile all her regrets, because it is highly probable she would be killed next night by cultists.

Saint Tiona Rudolfon, a girl who led the Revolutionary Army in the Revolutionary War of the Tearmoon Empire.

She never stood on the front lines of the battle.

Of course, being at the top of the army and being a banner for this army, one reason was not risking her life, but other reason was she was not skilled with a sword.

However she didn't want to keep her hands clean.

I want to help everyone. I want to fight together with everyone ... The answer she came up with, after long consideration. That was archery.

Under the guidance of the master of the bow, the daughter of the Rulu tribe, Riola Rulu, Tiona talent blossomed brilliantly. Her skill, even among ranks of Revolutionary Army was prided to be of the top class. Many enemy soldiers lost their lives in front of her bow.

Then, the Revolutionary War was over.

The imperial family collapsed and the emperor was executed. The execution of Princess Mia is also approaching in few days.

Finally the fighting is over... Yet, Tiona does not miss a practice of few hundreds shots per day.

It's as if she is trying to get back something, that cannot be gotten back anymore...

Over and over again, she kept shooting arrows.

Then, a man visited Tiona, who had just finished practicing archery.

"Ludwig Hewitt ... You were the one that Prince Sion acknowledged ... I'm sure you were working for Princess Mia."

"Thank you for allowing me to visit you Tiona-sama"

"You have been given a tough role in a difficult time. Your political skills seems to be highly valued by Prince Sion. I hope, from now on you will cooperate in rebuilding this empire. "

With that said, Tiona recommends tea to Ludwig.
    Without touching it, Ludwig stared straight at Tiona.

"I visited here today because there is a request I'd like to make.

Tiona slowly swallowed tea.

Gently squinted her eyes so that she could enjoy the scent.

"A request? If you want to act as an agent to Prince Sion, I'll be happy to accept it ..."

She stared at Ludwig as to probe his intentions.

"I would like you to meet Princess Mia."

対して、ルードヴィッヒの切り返しは裏表のないものだった。

"For what purpose? Meeting now, I don't think there is anything to talk about..."

Tiona said with a hardened expression. Ludwig's request was unexpected.

"During your stay in St. Noel Academy, Mia-sama had hit your cheek."

"…………?"

"Mia-sama has always wanted to apologize to you for this. If you could grant the opportunity ..."

"... What does that mean?"
    Because Tiona was confused, she tilted her head unconsciously.

Yes ... she was harassed on many occasions at St. Noel Academy.

But she didn't remember Mia's childish slap.

Mia, who hates pain in the first place, hit her with her own hand.

With such a power, as if she was patting her cheek...

As for the one who received such damage, it's only a matter that... , she was more confused than angry.

Ludwig, dumbfounded by Tiona's unexpected reaction, coughed to clear his throat.

"One way or another, would you please meet with Princess Mia? And I would like you to have a conversation with Mia-sama. Then ..."

"Nothing will change".

She cut him off with her words. After that, Tiona glares at Ludwig.

"At this point, there is no use in apologizing. Not even one thing would be changed. My father will not come back. The people who died after being trampled by great aristocrats and the imperial family will not come back to life. "

And then Tiona sip tea again.

"Mia Luna Tearmoon will not be forgiven..."

Tiona murmured inwardly, as if to persuade herself and engrave it into her body.

There is no need to meet her. If there is no need to exchange words, there is no need to acknowledge her. Because there is no need to, I will not do it...

It was because Tiona was afraid.

If I spoke with her, if I learned of what kind of person she really is...and, if maybe such feelings appeared...? If I wanted to forgive her...?

Then my father ..., It's beyond redemption.

Indeed, surely Princess Mia may be remorseful. When I talk to her, she may come up as an unexpectedly good person. She may be someone who can be able to correct her mistakes.

But ..., my dad won't come back. This regret will... never be dispelled.

Therefore, I must not forgive Mia.

Tiona decided for herself.

"I will not forgive Her Highness Mia."

With resolution, Tiona says with a stubborn expression.

"I will not advise Prince Sion to spare her life... but..."

For the first time, she hesitates to speak.

"But ... if you're willing to meet Prince Zion ... I won't stand in your way."

Was it mercy ...? No, it wasn't.

It was an evasion.

Tiona refused to face a single person named Mia.

She didn't want to have any involvement in deciding over Mia's life and death, she didn't want to entwine her personal feelings into this.

For the sake of not stirring up her own feelings...

In order to never forgive her...

That's why...

A little while after Mia's execution took place...

When it turned out that the assassination of Count Rudolfon Hendo was not by the Emperor's orders ...

Tiona regretted.

"At that time...I wish I had talked to Princess Mia...I think?"

If you think calmly, execution probably wouldn't be avoided.

No matter what Tiona did, she probably wouldn't have been able to save Mia.

But still ... Not having a conversation, not even a single word with Mia until the very end remained in Tiona's heart as a regret.

These words "I will not forgive Her Highness Mia" were overwritten by this regret that become deeply engraved in Tiona's heart.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    lostross, im_trash42, riflow and 30 others like this.
  19. zemblenity

zemblenity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Mia was just a spoiled self-centered kid and Ludwig was the only one who understood that. Everyone was so quick to paint her as a malicious tyrant.

20. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all the juicy spoilers :aww: please spoil me more :aww:
    So Mia was just a dumb, spoiled, sheltered girl with no ill will but was born in the wrong family/generation, yet the others just took their anger which was caused by someone else on her without even trying to know if she was bad or not. Gosh, i really like series with deep characters like this.